Funwagons

They are in so many ways superior to sedans so why did station wagons/estates not catch on in america and why do you not have one yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

sli.mg/a/z9JGtR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nobody wants them due to the image
most people think theyre ugly
suvs/cuvs are better and replaced them

I wouldnt get one since they are hipster faggot tier now and look uglier than sedans

The American lifestyle used to promote two cars: big trucks, and luxurious cars. Wagons were usually cheap cars, and very ugly. That image is still stuck today. Personally, I love wagons.

I don't think it's possible for an estate to be ugly

>Bad marketing
>Bad historical image Station wagons were made 'uncool'
> Why have that tiny little car when you could have fuck hueg suv / truck to cruise parking lots
>Only lesbos drive them

Yeah, I would probably kill to have a nice older bmw wagon, really everything you need in a car right there.

Shut your whore mouth.
>most people think theyre ugly
>suvs/cuvs are better and replaced them
>I wouldnt get one since they are hipster faggot tier now and look uglier than sedans

you must be 18 to post on this board

>why did station wagons not catch on in America
They were everywhere for several decades. It wasn't until the 2000s that they decided that minivans were generally more efficient.

>aberiga
Again: muh big trucks muh big soccer moms

I don't have a wife and kids

see what I mean
hipster faggots

Wagons.

Yes, if only cars were purchased on a rational basis

>Magnum Hellcat will never be a thing

this is literally why no one buys wagons

they are family moving old people cars

Imo sometimes wagons are more practical then SUV's or trucks/utes.

A good example is my mate who is a semi-pro bmx rider and producer. Great storage room for his bike and camera gear. Can fit a mattress and sleep if needed. Comfortably fits five people.

In saying that, a van would be equally as practical for him but the wagon does the job.

For some reason I read " Heliumcat "

From personal experience I can say wagons are driven by 40 something men who can't get it hard but date 17 year olds.

They also look disgusting as fuck.
I understand the appeal "muh i have muh kids and muh wife but I want a sporty car"
All it is is a compromise. An ugly, nasty compromise. After your wife gave you an ultimatum and you were too much of a pussy to do the right thing.

wagons were the uncool car from previous generations. now theyre old and uncool, which is a double whammy. there's no reason to not get a CUV if you want a wagon or a small hatchback like a fit or a mazda 3.

And sedans aren't?

Because SUVs/trucks aren't held to the same emissions regulations, making them superficially cheap.

>SUV/CUVS are better
SUV: heavier, worse mpgees, can't turn, rollover risk
CUV: heavier, pointlessly tall, rollover risk
Not. Comparable.

The real answer is "because hatchbacks". The difference is one less fucking window pillar and much better weight distribution/less length for similar or equivalent utility. Why would you buy a wagon over a hatchback, which is a refined version of the wagon and fills the exact same niche?

CUVs fill a different niche. They exist to get the people that wanted SUVs for the safe/powerful feeling of the added height but didn't need to actually go offroad or carry more shit than you can fit in a hatchback, and to improve fleet averages while doing it. They exist because cars sell for more reasons than pure practicality. They sell for subjective reasons and regulatory necessity too!

Am I on nega-Veeky Forums? Wagons are generally loved here.

>rollover risk

son this hasn't been an issue since ESC.

The hatchback thing is true to a point, but most hatches have much less room in back than a proper wagon.

>men say wagons are for women
>women says wagons are for men

It's not enough to really make a difference when you can go over the seats, fold the seats down, or take them out. Just cram the kids closer together, leave one home, or get a truck.

it can easily be the difference between can fit a bike and can't fit a bike.

this desu

just because nobody has posted a volvo meme wagon, everyone is shitting on them

80's hatchbacks/wagons >>> wagons > MR 2 seaters > hatchbacks >> coupes > luxobarges >>>>>>>>>>>>>> sedan shits

As in a motorcycle? Please use a trailer, or a truck bed with an bolted down wheel chock.

As in a bicycle? Fold it or put it on the roof/on the back.

hnnnnng

>buys a hatchback for the space
>has to invest in roof racks/bike rack

I do have one though? sli.mg/a/z9JGtR

I have one. It was my first car growing up. 1979 toyota corona wagon. 20r engine. I would post a pic but i got a new phone recently so i dont have one saved on here. The reason no one buys them is because they are uncool (to the general masses) and because most people who would drive one will either just buy a van or large suv/truck.

mmm

Good car for daily driving?

I'd love one honestly

is this a funwagon?

I see these alot on the Autobahn, especially the RS Package/Trim they are strong as fuck.

>why did station wagons/estates not catch on in america

because americans are obsessed with self image and how others perceive them

Sport Wagon = Best Wagon

>le dad car xDDDD

Looking to buy a wagon as my first car.

All I plan to do is manual swap and fix it up.

Which should I go for? any others to consider?

>why u not have one?
but I do, user

Volvo is probably easier to come by unless you live in Straya or Nipland. They also came in manual so you wouldn't need to swap it.

Volvo because good fucking luck finding parts for a Cressida

>and why do you not have one yourself?
Joke's on you, I plan to own a first gen V70 by the end of January. I'm only waiting for a nice example to pop up in the ads. Hopefully a T5 or R. I've got the budget for it, it's only a matter of someone selling a nice one.

>first gen V70
Watch out with the AWD ones, apparently they like to break.

>tfw no 320 hp AWD Buick Regal wagon in the US

Most of all they're tailgatey as fuck. They drive as if they were the new Audis, and Audis drive as if they were the new BMWs. All a bunch of reckless cunts to me.

you cant outbmw bmw drivers
t.ex bmw driver

Doritos make best wagons

aren't hatchbacks all small cars?

burger example: Cadillac CTS-V wagon is based off midsized car, Chebby hatches are all based off compact or sub-compact

you can for sure fit more stuff in a wagon than in a hatchback.

*fun intensifies*

people liked body on frame suvs a lot for some reasons.

Maybe not, but Audi drivers sure are trying hard.

What the fuck.

I miss my Stagea.She had such a fat arse.

Oh, but I do have one

Based. Reminds me of this.

GM trash.

Not all GM is trash. Most. But not all.

this.

Your average burger thinks that any wagon = pic related

>there are people on this board -right now- who think that wagons are ugly and that SUVs are better
Are you blind and do you have to offroad 20 miles to work every day?

That's more of a shooting brake.

Wish mine was a GT, my 2.5i is far too slow for that kind of fun.

mine

Wait, they sold Mazda 6 wagons in the US?

For like a week (2-3 years)
>mfw no ms6 wagon

This is so true. Skoda Octavia is the Audi for people who can't afford an Audi.

That said, I drive pic related. The Skoda Octavia RS for people who can't afford a Skoda Octavia RS.

>tfw wagons still the number 1 most common car on German roads

Followed by hatchbacks and, annoyingly, fucking SUVs.

Wagon reporting in!

As fun as any other car?

not as a BMW or a polestar ofc. But i have the most powerful engine that was available (160 hp yay) and i take good are of it. i'm happy with it

>Twin Turbo V6
>160mph
>Look like a middle aged nobody with a penchant for car booting

Nice cars, but what I want is the suspension out of one since it's stiffer than a beetle's.

That's decent. Every car should have 150hp at least.

It looks really sad.

Funny thing is, that Vectra is very closely related to the 9-3.

That's why I posted it. 2nd gen 9-3 is one of the best looking cars of its decade. Comfy, very good safety ratings and a decent power is also available (250+ hp).

Sadness is nothing when you're making a lazy 280hp from a tt 2.8 V6

Don't know how much it costs but I bet that you can get something better for the price.

Woah, didn't know they made the ST as a wagon.

It's slow, plain, and dented but I love her. It does take a corner well though for something this size.

i don't like the vectra much, but it's practically free

Much cheaper than the 280hp 9-3?

Any Vectra is cheap as fuck. One that gets 25mpg is going to be even cheaper. The hard part is finding one.

well, i live in sweden, so i don't think so here at least

they start at like 11k burgers here, with one down at like 5k

My E63 says you can go fuck yourself...

I live not so far from Sweden.
I just don't think that you should give away any real money for an Opel.

FUCK YOU

not-mine E61 agrees

I enjoy the storage capabilities of my car. I've had quite a few things in it while it was raining keeping my shit dry. Yea I know a van can do the same thing but it comes with the pedophile stereotype. The worst a wagon has is a lesbian or a soccer mom.

Problem is, I can't get either of these in the states. I'd rather have the m5, but it's not an option. And if I'm going to deal with importing instead, I'd rather have an Alpina to an M.

>I just don't think that you should give away any real money for an Ope

i will happily agree with that

A company in Colorado imports disassembled Holden Utes and fuses them with Pontiac G8 donors, surely the same would be possible with a Vauxhall wagon.

I wonder if anyone would buy a barge-sized wagon with a third row. Like a Ford Flex, but lower.

>Backseat passengers OR cargo (hatchback)
vs
>Backseat passengers AND cargo (wagon)
for approximately the same volume of non-passenger cargo- that's a pretty clear increase in utility.

Granted, not everyone needs it. A lot of people will be served just fine by the hatchback, at least with infrequent passengers or small kids or whatever. The fact that you don't need the extra space doesn't make them "equivalent" though, it just makes the bigger option overkill for your needs.

Leave it to the fucking frogs to build something like this.

It's pretty terrible, by the way, but that's mainly because early 2000s Peugeot.

Just noticed that's the 308, here's its predecessor (the 307).

Doesn't even need to be barge sized. If you only use the third row sparsely it's sufficient to be E-Class or V70 sized to fit folding seats for two minors below the cargo floor in place of the spare wheel (or in case of the E-Class I think even despite the spare wheel unless you have an AMG model).

People who use the third row all the time will buy a larger vehicle anyway, like a Tahoe or Suburban or something.

That might be a car for you if you also don't like your kids.