pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it was never as good as decisive battles.
youtube.com/watch?v=07LGm2ZN7W4

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SwlMohRng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did they get rid of unique advisors?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SwlMohRng

A Dark Emissary from Albion who is also a pawn of Tzeentch actually makes sense thematically - they tend to get accepted where they really shouldn't, and the Lord of Change and Schemes is the perfect dickhead to be inciting the various races of the Warhammer world to do things.

>buy all the warham dlc like a good goy
>end up going back to playing as empire

i just have a soft spot for mankind

GREATSWORDS AT THE READY

*teleports behind you*
heh too easy

I smell christcucks

MY SWORD IS ERECT SIR

ROLLAN!

OH FUCK
Quick /twg/ I some advice the elector counts cannot provide.
The last 5 remaining power factions are the Wood Elves, Dawi, the Greenskins, Chaos and the Empire. All our armies are to the extreme north and south dealing with Chaos and Greenskins respectively. BUT these assholes are now at eachothers throats.
Karl Franz, Prince and Emperor asks you, wat do?

>playing attila
>defeat one doomstack of huns
>stack just heals back to full that same turn next to my city

is this game really this shitty?

Kill Elves.

Wood elves, fuckers can just ride around the dwarves while the stunted li'l fuckers can do shit all about it

Hmmmmmmmm

gaurentee you can enter on wood elf side then make peace with dorf if you wanted to pussy out

Apparently there is an upper limit of how many mods you can have active before the game crashes. Hope someone finds this information useful.

doubt thats true

Really like how they keep on trying to form these 3 stacks but when I flee they can't attack, desert men FTW

I've got Rome 2, is Atilla worth getting?
I haven't played Rome 2 since release but apparently it isn't too bad now

They didn't even have ammo ;_;

try it.

Dawi are bros and only want to drink beer and settle grudges, fuck those knifeears

Atilla with all DLC is fun so buy now on sale or never
WTF is this, sogun hacks?

Attila's great.

If you help the Dawi, they'll look at their book later and see that you accidentally stepped on a dwarf's foot once and then they'll raze all of your settlements to the ground.

If you help the Wood Elves, they'll decide that you're too close to Athel Loren and decide to conquer your settlements and sacrifice your people to protect their forest.

>mfw it's stabby time

To whoever owns the pastebin at the top of the OP:

Warhammer strats WHEN

Stupid armor, but my dick says yes.

I wouldn't mind this Salletfu in a japanese video game

>went to visit my parents until new year
>only have this shitty laptop that is too old to run anything new, but too new to run RTW or Med2 without single digit fps

This is true suffering, why did they never update the old TWs to run better with multicore CPUs?
What the fuck should I play now.

>Modder decides to add a new unit or some new tech or something
>They decide to give that unit or tech a name "Like this" when all of the other units and techs have a name "Like This".

Really hurts my autism.

The wood elf outpost mechanic would actually work pretty well for every other faction, but it would just look like a copypaste job at this point
Especially chaos could use something like being able to set up a shrine of some sort in province capitals that gives the replenishment that chaos could really use, and a place to recruit more armies from that doesn't instantly put them into infighting attrition

Normal difficulty should not mean they just ignore their archers getting fucked

I posted some Empire early game starting tips.

Like blitzing Carroburg early without causing a long/big war.

>Reinstall all Total Wars
>TWC is down
>Can't mod any of them
Not even worth playing

Difficulty doesn't really influence AI battlefield tactics too much.

The outpost mechanic could be a good addition to the factions that can't occupy everything. Empire making an outpost in a destroyed Karak to better defend their borders or to support an expedition would be pretty viable.

It might also provide a base for an option to return Karaks and so on to dwarfs as the empire.

The Empire of Man modder figured out how to make "return province" events.

I wish the AI battlefield tactics had a large range of effectiveness, and was partially determined by the rank of the enemy general, so assassinating their general made them more likely to do stupid crap on the battlefield as the replacement general flounders around.

I heard very hard battle difficulty actually unlocks some AI behaviour in Attila and Warrhammer. Probably some tiny stuff though.

Kill elven scum before they ally Archaon

>Conquer Anywhere mod

he hasn't updated his stuff since.

It has become the most fun faction to play with the new factions CA added. Empire is right in the middle of the action and has the most toys to play with

This would be more of your liking then?

>decide to play a Shogun 2 historical battle because I just bought the game on sale
>pyyrhic victory
>try again
>close victory
>try again
>decisive victory
Post yfw you're finally getting better at battles

>he hasn't updated his stuff since.

Wot, his mod isn't even done yet. It is called Endless War or something now. I would like to show it to you, but TWC is down.

Indeed, if anything just reaction time, a new general will be like on time commanders, go attack there, but a max rank general will know what are his most powerful units and focus on preserving them, but not as much as the hill was in the second ep

I know. That was his last post. It's been a fortnight since then.
What happened to TWCenter?

>tfw I've never beaten a historical battle in any TW game
I've come to accept the fact that I'm actually shit at these games and can only win when I fight on my terms with my cheese-fest army compositions.

>What happened to TWCenter?
Shitposting Singularity

Rome 2 > Shogun 2

I took this anons advice and everything turned out fine
Sorry for the long response time, fighting so many battles with Chaos hordes that Auto resolve is fucking me over

based autistbros.

settle everywhere mod I take it? Seems like it would make the game easier.

And just like last year, TWC would be sucked back in time.

>posts le reddit frog
>posts shit opinion
It's like pottery

Whoever reccomended Tanuhkids, thank you routing them whilst they hold on pikelines and learning how to cycle charge properly is so much fun

I agree but FotS > Attila

Witcher Total War would be pretty dank.

It's not hard for shit to be better than more shit.

Now, if you were gonna say "Rome 2 > Fall of the Samurai", you would be fucking wrong.

Shogun 2 sieges are shit

Shogun 2 naval battles are complete fucking dogshit

Shogun 2 has literally no faction variety

Rome 2 has huge sieges spanning massive cities.

Rome 2 lets you use ships to support an army on the coast or take a fucking settlement with coastal battles and port assaults

Rome 2 has pretty good faction variety

>AI army running away razing all my shit
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT STAND AND FIGHT YOU COWARDICE PIECE OF SHIT VAMPIRES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Didn't they get rid of that in the latest patch?

>winning my Shogun campaign
>winning my Warhammer campaign
>best friend is visiting soon
>no classes so I have all the free time in the world
What did Santa bring you as a late Christmas gift /twg/?

>download master of strategy
>look at research tree
what the fuck

Enjoy your 50 different types of farms.

did I git gud

heh, no

A $1000 Christmas bonus.

Time to build that new rig, waha!

git gud

you will have completed research by mid campaign

PLEASE HELP ME TRVE VNDERSTANDERS
I have been running tw games on a 650m for the last 4 years.
>ran warhams at 1600x1900 on low settings with medium unit size and medium unit details at silky smooth 21 fps.
MY QUESTION
Will a 960m be enough to run medium at 30?
>inb4 'laptop? More like trashtop'
Laptop is only option since I need it for school.

How? How can you say that? Because guns?

What should I do post-battle to captives to get best traits /twg/

>Laptop is only option since I need it for school.

You can get a laptop that's good enough to do everything you need for schoolwork for fucking pennies lad.

Buy a cheap-ass laptop and save the rest to buy a big-boy computer in a few months.

anybody have any idea why my luminarks aren't firing after their first shot?

4 of them can take out a tower in the first volley, but after that no matter what I do they just say obstructed

I think you get the best traits by mixing it up.

Not entirely sure, my lords always tend to get only good traits and I just do whatever is most convenient at the time (get money if I need it, take on captives if I need it, execute if I don't care or don't want reduced replenishment etc.)

I understand what you're saying. But my dorm is Hella tiny and a desktop wouldn't be practical.
960m 4gb will it do?

...because Luminarks shoots beams of light, which travel straight, which can't curve through walls?

let's try that again

had 4 seconds left in battle, vlad is a fucking tank

>what is cropping?

It's a bug

I want them to hit the walls you fucking retard. they hit one tower and destroy it, but it sure would be nice to, I don't know, hit another god damn tower, or at least attempt to hit the defenders on the walls, but for some reason a big old empty field in front of a giant wall obstructs them.

The iron clads alone does it for me. I'm not saying attila is a bad game but i cant stand shit optimizations and the many differently colored barbar

it should
I use a similar laptop and it works just fine on medium and high.
Just don't expect a miracle lad.

>I have gold for my friends, and iron for my enemies
t. Emperor Marcian
Anyone got a link to all the quotes they use in TW games as they're just so epic

I'll probably get shanked for saying this but I really want a Total War set in Middle-Earth, with creative leniency to make it a fun TW game with variety. I wouldn't just want to fight out the war of the one ring...that'd get boring real fast. If events from The Sil were included somehow I think it would have a chance.

wow this place is autist central

Agreed, for me FotS gets boring after 10 turns but my Tanukhids run has kept me at the edge of my seat.
But the lack of uniques is pretty shitty as all the settled desert and german nations just feel boring

>creative leniency
[muffled Christopher Tolkien shrieking]

>play with friends they said
>it'll be fun they said

jesus fucking christ
It's boring as fuck atleast with my turboshitters, which is ironic because he gets bored of it too ...

The only times he fights is if he has new units and the preview bar is at around 2/3

If the bar is only a little bit in his favor he'll autoresolve it and yeah he wins the battle, but loses like half the army.

Always runs around with 2-3stacks at once autoresolving everything "because no point in fighting if the bar is full" and crying about how the AI is always just running away from him and never fights him.
He also always retreats if the bar is even or against him "I'll just lose"

And God forbid I dont help him out as soon as the AI manages to raise some armies to even the table a little bit

The Silmarion will never be sold as its the only thing the son can use to get WB to kowtow to his wished
TFW his son was a headmaster at your school and wrote some of the book in your library

What were you expecting?

Can't wait for that bitter old fuck to shuffle off this mortal coil, honestly.

the setting doesn't offer too much more than what warhammer already does, and the map would be really tedious with all the choke points.

the only thing middle earth has in my opinion that is better than every other setting is the cities, and the seiges, and do you really want total war to butcher those?

If you think THIS general is autist central then you must be EXTREMELY new to Veeky Forums

Ever visit the Starcraft general? How's abot /gsg/? Or maybe /ksg/ aka: "Let's blogpost and masturbate about literally nothing for 3000+ threads"

Your friend is a mega turboshitter, user...

I like playing with my friend because the only thing he really autoresolves are pointless battles with overwhelming odds. We play out fights with half bar or less and gift each other units so we're both playing the battles.

How much harder is actually managing an Empire compared to the horde play of Chaos?

He's right to be bitter after the fucking travesty that is the Hobbit movies.

I have a soft spot for the setting. Campaign map would definitely take some work. And I think the sieges could be good if they were one of the focuses of the game...as we know, TW sieges range from pretty cool to complete ass.

>and gift each other units so we're both playing the battles

Wait you can split control of a single army and play battles coop with just 20 units ?