/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 28th:
1795 – Construction of Yonge Street, formerly recognized as the longest street in the world, begins in York, Upper Canada.
1867 – United States claims Midway Atoll, the first territory annexed outside Continental limits.
1895 – Wilhelm Röntgen publishes a paper detailing his discovery of a new type of radiation, which later will be known as x-rays.
1941 – World War II: Operation Anthropoid, the plot to assassinate high-ranking Nazi officer Reinhard Heydrich, commences.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dug-in_panzer_IV.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B

FUCK YOU, AUTISTIC PIECE OF SHIT

You know, the hat doesn't really fit the gsg info pic. Let's have a pic that hat fits in the OP on the New Year's eve. I suggest Arumba

Fuck you too, autistic imbecile

Based

Why did you put a "too" in your reply? Are you with a cold?

W&B

No, I'm fine.
But you are not, you are sick in the head.

I think you didnt get it. A too, atchoo
Funny isnt it

how does immigration work in HPM?

i have better reforms in almost every category and a bonus to immigration from an event and they are still beating me

Same way as vanilla

You are a sick and disgusting creature

I'm sure Brazil has a decision and events to increase immigration

No im ramirez

He's brazilian so of course he'll give his country the advantage

Lower your unemployement
Get better scores
Don't go to war too often
Actually stay with your great power status.

Argentina has more events than Brazil though.

I'm a babby playing around with HoI III. I've played HoI IV before and used France to learn the game (because you can ignore navy and airforce, your goal is clear (survive), and most of the war is fought on or near your soil so you're not forced to learn about supply just yet). I've reorganized my order of battle and it looks like this in the North. My next post will show a screenshot of the situation in the South. I'm also planning to use diplomatic influence on Belgium and the Netherlands as quickly as possible, so I can draw a defensive line from Amsterdam across the Great Rivers to the Maginot Line (a much easier line to defend compared to my weak Northern border, and it keeps Belgium and the Netherlands in the war).

i should be getting more than brazil at least

You cannot deny, EU4 is he best gsg ever created. You cannot argue that it is just relying on your allies anymore after the new update and all new institutions spawn in Europe rather than Asia or Africa which makes sense. It has the most in depth economic system and some of the most satisfying war mechanics. There's nothing like being dug into the mountains alongside a great general with a severely outnumbered force and still coming out on top or being forced to plan the perfect campaign as your allies do not owe you any favours, but still triumphing regardless. And don't even get me started on the multiplayer gameplay. The complex trade, alliances, coalitions, etc. It's just great. A great well rounded gsg.

What are your thoughts and suggestions for this plan? What should I add or change? What units should I produce next and where should I place them?

I plan to put most of my units North, keep the Alpine forces as they are and put a just-in-case skeleton crew near the Spanish border (probably militia or something cheap).

>no social reforms
>no universal voting
>child labor is legal

Might as well stay in the UK/Prussia/France and die in the 37th war for Alsace-Lorraine lad

I know this is bait, but
>all new institutions spawn in Europe rather than Asia or Africa which makes sense

>Playing CK2 with HIP
>England somehow conquers pagan Permian territories near the Urals
>Pagans never convert and always blob out and conquer shit around them and have a billion more troops than feudal rulers three times their size
>HRE conquers northern africa every game even though it has no land border with it
>Patches of muslim realms randomly appear in the balkan byzantine territories
>Kings randomly giving ethiopian territories to the Teutonic knights even though they're nowhere near them
>The only countries that ever join crusades are irish kingdoms, scotland or croatia
>Croatians have created Jerusalem for five games in a row now
>Poland gets inherited by Sweden 100 years into the game every game

What the fuck causes all of this

No, seriously, what is up with it? All of this happens every single time.

>playing meme mods

Is there any alternative?

compared to liquoria 2 where a player controlled niggerville can become the worlds number 1 industrial power in 100 years through the use of broken pop demands

Can somebody tell me how together for victory is

It's great, buy pls

liquoria2.com

My knowledge is based mostly on BICE something that you should be playing faggot
Maginot forts are level 10 iirc, cant be bothered to check tough, so one infantry division per fort is sufficient.
Getting Belgium and Netherlands to allies before axis attack them helps you a lot, and your OOB looks just fine.

On the south front, depending on those fort levels, which i assume are level 1-3, you are set with one infantry division per mountain/urban terrain. I think that middle sector is hills, so it may need more troops. iirc italy joins the war couple of months after germans have attacked, so you should have had the time to make your defensive line in the north, and you can move a reserve corps here, should it be needed.

If you are going to build planes, just focus on interceptors, to deny german's air to ground.

steamcordplaza is raiding again

delet this!!!

Nope! We're members of the twitter/gsg/ community

>not using the proper liquor image

No real changes come turn 4, still a massive fuel shortage. No Smolensk in this turn either.

>someone is disagreeing with me
>resort to the closest bogeyman available

Not saying I agree with him, but you just played yourself.

>spamming liquor memes
>"disagreeing"

>spamming
Don't think you know what that word means.

Every Corps on the West front now has a tank regiment and aircraft regiment.
When the final confrontation begins in 1927, should I initially go on the defense and let the French kill themselves, or should I go on the offensive and attempt to outflank the French?

>tank
>defense
Unless the game is coded like shit that isn't how it works.

>>Patches of muslim realms randomly appear in the balkan byzantine territories
Sounds about right to me.
Also you should probably talk to some one who has played the mod and I would bet my bottom dollar no one here has

How are you number 2 in industry and military?

>enter a random thread on a random board
>someone's spamming willy pastas

WILL YOU CUNTS FUCK OFF ALREADY

I have. HIP isn't very historically immersive.

They way they spawn is actually kinda amusing. For example the renaissance will only start in Italy. The printing press only in a protestant or reformed nation. Colonialism is also almost impossible for anyone other then Europe. Manufactories is the easiest one to get as non Europe since it essentially is weighted to be more likely the more manufactures you have. Also they are dumb in general since you can force them to appear in say Siberia the day they are introduced by mass investing in a single provinces development.

It happens, especially when you're German and don't have any gas

GrosGermania. Post full pic of empire because if you went any further south into italy ima rage

I don't even "own" vicky2 so I don't really know any of the mods, except for bs that gets spammed here like the greekaboo shizz.

10/10 pic bro

I am pirating hoi4 does any one know how to get the 1.31 patch? or kaiserreich even? Sorry the most recent torrent I can find is 1.3

That PIV isn't just dug in, it is dead, that hole shouldn't be there.

>that hole shouldn't be there
???
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dug-in_panzer_IV.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to Make France Great Again.
>BICE something that you should be playing faggot
I'm a total, utter babby but what exactly does Black Ice change? Is it really a must-have mod for HoI III?

The full extent of the German Empire as of 1925.

fix Africa you fuck

How about you clean yourself up after guzzling a gallon of nigger cum?

It's a mod for CK2. It's okay but not amazing. The UI is really terrible when compared to the base game.

did not it to turn that petter that fix lmoap

>taking millions of negros into your empire
>not even having good borders while you're at it
Who's the real coal burner here?

Nigger, notice how they're not direct territories... They're contained in Africa.

>2
>2
K I L L Y O U R S E L F

My google-fu is weak, where can I find an EU4 to vicky2 converter. All I could find were reddit links to forum threads I wasn't allowed to view.

I wanna try an Ageod game, where should I start?

7/10 not enough lebensruam, and fix africa.
Thats a great quote, also you should not jump into BICE before you have had a couple games on normal.

Wrong thread

Alea Jacta Est, keep us posted senpai

It's a knocked out tank, there's big ass hole on the cupola.

What would be the right thread then? I've seen people discuss them here before, and I'm not aware of any ageod generals ever existing.

And thanks.

buy the games you play

Yes, it was knocked out after being dug-in

I do. Sometimes I even buy the DLCs.

this is the right thread I was just memeing desu

Another thing, there's quite a bit of DLC, but I'm noticing some say "scenario", so I'm a little confused as to if there's any point in buying any of them. Are any of them crucial gameplay improvements, or are they separate campaigns that I can just ignore for now?

I just finished TW:Shogun 2/Civ 5 and bought Crusader King II and Europa Universalis IV from the -75% steam sale.

Which one is the next logical step before starting the harder grand strategy game in therm of difficulty?

I

Start CK2 and you can import to EUIV.

the DLC are primarily just differing scenarios, they don't add mechanics to the base game

ck2-->eu4-->vicky2-->hoi3orhoi4-->stellaris

Good, thanks, then I'll just get the base game for now and see if I like it.

Reminder

Our Gary in Australia
Grigsby be your name.
your wargame come,
your will be done,
on computer as it is in history.
Give us this day our daily turn,
and forgive us our warcrimes,
as we also have forgiven our opponent.
and lead us not into HOI IV,
but deliver us from Johan.
amen

w&b

amen

Newfag playing with Muscovy in EU4 here. Well I played EU3 years ago.

How do I get more ducats?
Where is best to expand other than Novgorod?
What else should I definitely do to not fuck up?

Our Host in MP
GR be your name.
your MP come,
your will be done,
on computer as it is in history.
Give us this day our daily turn,
and forgive us our warcrimes,
as we also have forgiven our opponent.
and lead us not into Vicky 2,
but deliver us from Johan.
amen
someone host vicky2 hpm mp

Is that a general retreat back? Fuel is very important, user.

No, everything is a meme.

Ideally, what you would do is not play any game but complain about all of them.

amen

hmmm I would be able to I guess
maybe
idk

>>Croatians have created Jerusalem for five games in a row now

fucking clerofascists

BASED POSTER

Grigsby Bless. He really is the second coming of our savior.

How do I ensure the Peace of Westphalia so I can become Emperor as the Copttomans?

Blob into the Hordes if you don't feel you can take on PLC. Take religious ideas first if you go east/south. If you do try to fight the polish blob than I recommend taking admin ideas due to a large number of their land being Orthodox

For money trade is on of your best bets, abit hard as you are not part strong trade node.

For army comps you want to fill out combat with. Front line should be mostly infantry with enough cav to properly flank. Back line should be mass artillery(which will be really fucking expensive) throw in a few extra infantry to replace damaged regiments in long fights. Oh and Shock is king early game.

>When we asked Gary about himself all we could get were three words, "I make wargames". You see, Gary is a soft-spoken person who has no problem writing thousands of lines of code, but would rather not write even a sentence that in any way describes what the code does.

This man is a thousand times the coder and game developer that that little shit Johan is - nay! a million times!

Blessed be our Lord, Gary, and his archangel, St. Joel.

Does Johan even do any codding any more? I thought only thing he does it shitposting in paradox forums

He should make Liquor Simulators instead

God, imagine if Gary Grigsby was in charge of Victoria 3...it would be...

Daily reminder that the guy who made the economics system for V2 quit and that's why Paradox's quality became worse/EvW got cancelled

Then how do you explain paradox games constantly improving with each new installment after Victoria 2?

when will the new ck2 dlc be released?

thanks bro

On ideas, how do I get admin tech up quickly as possible? Are the sunnis a pain in the balls if I start taking their land without religious ideas?

I've taken Novgorod trade node already in the hope that brings me money but I've no idea how that works yet.