Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/013IDtABv9b2ChJO

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcGFLS7GPOM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ueLzPRuzhek
carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Sprinter-1985/SSE-AD-706755/?Cr=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for valiants

>tfw Christmas shit finally came through
Fuck that was an effort. Feels good to be free of it though

>looking through some car ads
>always one guy who posts up a molested looking late 90's commodore with tinted altezza lights claiming it to be an "ex cop car"

gday boys

>Get $100 ebay radiator because old genuine one split
>fits perfectly
>just as i finish putting it in the boot refuses to open
Argh fucking Falcon BCM's

How hard would it be to wire in a manual boot switch toggle because the boot wont open anymore i have to open the back seats

Also windows wont go up or down sometimes and resetting the ecu by taking the terminals off the battery only work for so long

Fuck going to the locksmith or dealer to get this fixed any ideas?

Gonna get my jeep back on the road next month and my Dunnydoor hopefully soon

>mfw working in 40 degree heat for 5 hours
REEEEEEEEEE

Stop spending my tax dollars on that god damn Falcon.

>mfw working in 40 degree heat for 5 hours
Yeah, it's not pleasant. I did the other day and I think I sweated out about a litre. When it's dry, it's fine. When it's humid, it's disgusting.

try having hot coolant and trans fluid all ova ya :p

at least it was cooling

g-gettit?

also its my mums car im just rying to keep the cunt on the road

SHIIT VEHICLES GET A FALCON

Shouldnt be too hard

ign feed (from back of key barrel) --> 10a fuse --> momentary push button switch --> wire to the boot release.

I assume the elec boot release switches positive

>went to the movies with a girl

A... am I going to make it?

About to pay my GT86 off and wanna trade up - what's the best car for 55-70k that will turn heads when I pull up to my local chippy?

Nope, I did that one. But I kinda got too interested in the movie and didn't do jack shit. Fun day still

i did, but i didn't make it
>arrange a date on tinder
>she wants to go out somewhere
>decide to take her to the movies
>take the valiant, as per Veeky Forums requests
>decide to fill it up completely before i leave
>90 bucks for a full tank in this barge
>i get to her house
>a bit weezy, but its probably nerves
>she gets in the car
>comments how old it is
>we get half way to the cinemas
>she's bitching about how this car reeks of gas
>it fucking stinks of petrol wafting from the fuel tank
>she complains about being lightheaded
>forced to take her home
god fucking dammit

Kek. Cucked by the vallie.

Fix yo shit my man

What's a good car that is reliable for a daily and to eventually make into a sleeper?

fuck mate that sucks, i had a similar thing happen in my 12a RX2 except she kept complaining about the noise and the sweet sweet castor oil stench.

Girls are temporary, dorito shitboxes are forever

If you're a normal person - VX-VY-VZ LS1 executive/acclaim

If you're a weebshit faggot - Toyota Aristo

Any fwd corolla. Mods are very easy for them due to the popularity of the 4A/7A series. And no on expects them to move faster than a snail

say with $10k-$15k budget

Step it up senpais
>took girl in R32 at rainy night
>is now gf (i guess)

Black 1964 Lincoln Continental with 14" chrome wheels and airbags, polished so well water droplets stay spherical on top of it

Soarer with a 1UZ

thinks it better on a 90s corolla or 00s one? what sort of mods can be done to make it faster

yeah nah a FWD corolla will be laughable as a sleeper and will get hosed by a mildly tuned LS boganmobile

Mate you are but a little baby, she probably thought it was a camry or some shit. GTRs are too new/too quiet and reliable to be commented on by girls, try it with a 40yo shitbox and see how you go :^)

Fuck, that's a hell of recommendation mate

Depends on how you want to go about it. Dump some money into a silvertop and headers, intake ect and you have a nice roaring naaa

Or you can go turbo. Turbo has more potential for power but NA is arguably cheaper

>too new
>too quiet
Nah son
Dosing like a mad cunt banging 3rd on a main road and she was stoked

Yeah touche' i'll give you that one. She have a sikkkkk car herself? My mrs is slowly getting into them (sends me photos of almost every old car she sees lel), hope to do some little bits to her SP23 soon enough.

Gents.

G6E Turbo.

Daily is an Audi A4 on coils and like 15psi. Kinda lame. Rides a Monster 659, moving onto a 998 once full licence
Project car is a E34 530i full lux spec.
Her dad has a tonne of cool shit tho, so she doesn't get mad at me spending everything I have lol

Fuck you. I can see the power at the top but cutting off the Y axis makes shit hard

Noice, cunt. Pics of the 'coon?

problem is the windows wont go up and the same thing with the goddamn boot now its clearly the BCM or some shit

ill check relays tomorrow

Try working in overalls from 9-5 in that kind of heat cunt.

>$100 eBay radiator

Don't bother fixing anything else, that Falcon will cook because of that eBay radiator on the first hot day it drives in.

sook

Can you regularly source E85 or were you just running that to inflate the numbers?

Fuck yeah. That's a solid dyno

>E34 530i full lux spec.
pics? what lux options?

>Soarer with a 1UZ
Do soarers only come in auto?

Would I get laughed at for haivngbng a coupe in auto or were they really supposed to be that way

my dik

here have muh dyno

nah its good no leaks and its the same thickness/build as the stock radiator

keeps nice and cool

>Just failed a driving test because apparently you're supposed to twist around in your seat and loot out the back window now

Literally wat, I was always taught you were never supposed to do that. Fucking DoT cunts always changing their rules.

No pics. Full leather and wood trim interior. All options like LSD and stuff.

In Australia, yes.
Nah they're sick. Manual ones are fairly cheap. Auto ones are really cheap. One of the lads is trying to find one

No shit. You have to exaggerate every movement in a driving test. That's basic shit

Mate head checking is no joke i remember to do it on my test and passed first time

Thing is i didnt do it until i almost got into a couple of accidents while merging/changing lanes and i never not did it ever since

Mirror blindspots are real dood.

just do some neck stretching exercises

>All options like LSD and stuff.
Does it have the M steering wheel and sport suspension? Style 5 or style 37 rims?

Checking your blind spot is essential mate. Shit can hide there that you will somehow miss in your mirrors.

If you dont leave the suburbs, you'll be right. Just gotta remember to fill up everytime you drive past a united servo.

Thing is you can't see shit if you do that in my car, literally all you get is a big fat face full of upholstry because the divider between the front and read side windows is nearly a foot wide.
The instructor got out and demonstrated the "blind spot" by standing in it, but I could see her in the rear vision mirror better than by turning my head..

E85 isn't that hard to find in NSW, doesn't have a 98 tune.

Got better - skidz:
youtube.com/watch?v=mcGFLS7GPOM

Needs more turbo

1UZ only come in auto, but 1JZ came in manual. Manual swapped 1UZ aren't unheard of, either.

>Literally drive a $950, 30 year old shitbox Corolla
>Girlfriend loves going for a drive with me in it

I thought she would care more, but it doesn't seem to bother her.

Its actually got some M-systems with throwing stars on it. Yes original.
Gonna buy her some lowering springs when she gets it registered

In a driving test, exaggerate your movements. Once you've got your license, set them up correctly to remove your blindspots.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ueLzPRuzhek

>M5 throwing stars
Damn those are nice. I've only ever seen them on a handful of M5s on carsales from time to time. How much did you get the 540 for?

Theres bell housing kits for using the poopra 5 speed

Agreed.

still have a 4k ebay turbo kit saved ready to go.

cheaper than getting my engine rebuild ;)
Yeah same with my calais i find i have to hotch up in the drivers seat to see over the boot

Its a 530, and she was given it by someone who didn't need it any more. Not bad at all

Here here

>530
My bad, I read 540 for some reason. The 530 had the M30 engine didn't it?

Sounds like you got a good deal. What are the project goals? Restoration?

Pic of the fuel line for you guys, god sphere for scale

Hurry up and finish yours cunt

Nah 530 is M60B30. 3L V8. So smooth and sounds amazing, makes fuck all power tho.
Plan is do the mechanicals that need doing, fit a wicked stereo, lower it a tad, and cruise. And a respray. We have other cars to go fast in

>3L V8
That was my second guess but a 3L V8 seems like such small misplacement. Oh well.
>Plan is do the mechanicals that need doing, fit a wicked stereo, lower it a tad, and cruise. And a respray.
Sounds like a good plan. What colour?
Also as for the stereo there might be some fucking around. You'll probably have to bypass the factory amp which is hidden somewhere in the boot.

Nah its all good we've figured it out. Can be done no worries

what am i looking at?

aside of pleb mechanics - not having a clamp on that hospital tier vacuum hose. you understand what happens to your shit if that hose fails?

focus on what youre accomplishing with what materials rather than spending money and assuming your shit just got better. the game doesnt work that way.

>you understand what happens to your shit if that hose fails?
its a vacuum line bro

Literally about to drive down to the shop and work on her all night

Looks good ausmuscle

What needs doing?

>you understand what happens to your shit if that hose fails?
It defaults to 75psi rather than rising rate which is still enough for the injectors to do more than 1500cc

-Loom
-Dash
-Interior
-Exhaust
-Tune
-Done

baller. whats the need for the aftermarket regulator then?

Noice

Rising rate adds extra fuel pressure when boost is added, so in this case 75psi base + 22psi = 97psi of fuel pressure.

More fuel pressure means the injectors can flow more, so in this case they're doing something like a possible 1600cc ish before rising rate and 17xxcc at full boost.

Not really needed right now with the small turbo and factory intake manifold, but later with a big turbo and better flowing manifold it'll start using up more of the injectors

>GT86

R I C H
I
C
H

>5 hours

Try at least 8 ya soft cunt. Still can't believe how many rainy sub 30c days we've had so far in SA when by now we'd normally at least have a few weeks straight over 32c.

>want to go out cruising to see friends
>have no friends anymore
fuck...

Time to abandon the weak cunts who just wanna hang out with their missus and kid all day and get some real mates.

fuck knows how mate. no job currently and no idea of other shit to meet people at.

welcome to my life

just pretend your playing a videogame and roll up on randoms have a couple of stoplight races

Forza Horizon Coffs cunt get on it

Don't talk to any of my old HS mates any more and the one actual friend I made in the last 10 years is expecting a 2nd kid so probably won't hear from him again soon. If you find a way to make mates with people let us know.

try car meets

fair whack of normies there but once i get my shitboxes back on the road they seemed pretty chill.

Any point in using 95 petrol in corolla?
Which years models benefit from it and which have no difference from 91 petrol?

I would if I had an intimate knowledge of cars, cunts at work just lose me when they talk about all the shit they've done to their cars.

not unless you run a tune for higher octane or the ecu knows what octane you're running through it.

Personally its a waste of time and money for daily driving

Sure OKAY 95-100octane gave me alot more power but 91-95 is more common and i dont notice much of a power reduction tootling through traffic

Pro tip go out on a cold night and you'll get a nice power increase because the air cooler and denser
You dont need much knowledge

Just show up with your shitbox

Hell i should know im still learning the basics most people are pretty chill nobody is judgemental or whatever

>most people are pretty chill nobody is judgemental or whatever

If these threads are anything to go by, but then it's always the one autistic user whose family you seemed to have killed or something.

welcome to real life

im pretty chill in RL dont let the retards on here put you off meets.

Go mate you'll have fun go on a cruise meet nohomo

most cunts on here are nice, jimmy was the only one that was a shit cunt that ruined meets.

absolutely this

he put me off Veeky Forums for ages and i swear he detrips here still as user the little fag

When I get the VT fixed I just might, Mirage is a defectmobile so no way I'm taking that to Adelaide any time soon.

lol i got my jeep in 12 million peices trying to work out what to do with it

a au thats my mums

and my poor vx in the local shop god knows when ill get a box for it over new years

jimmy started the sa meets

>jeep in 12 million peices trying to work out what to do with it

Sell them and get an 80 series.

fitting that he was the one that ruined them
nah all it needs is the transfer case and older sensors swapped in which ill do this weekend

THEN refit and fix all the front end and bullbar from me... bending it lol

turns out trees and towing bents metal especially alum

THEN hopefully when its running ill sneak it into the local mechanic and get it rego'd soonish

ill get a 80 series one day but ill get a xr6t first its the next car on my wishlist

Which meets? I've started a few as an user because you are all lazy cunts

looks sick mate, can't beat a coupe

>let nephew drive shitbox around on boxing day
>keep pulling handbrake up at random times to fuck with his confidence

Never owned a small hatchback FWD before but I love how fast and effortlessly these things flick around.

Too much effort for a Jeep.

Makes near as no difference unless your engine specifically requires the higher octane.

there had been meets before jimmy, faggot.

No he didn't. There had been meets before Jimmy was posting and even meets when Jimmy was here which he didn't attend.

Only if you are worried about ethanol eating your lines and shit.. Then you should probably be running 98 as 95 can be 91 and 98 mixed together.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Sprinter-1985/SSE-AD-706755/?Cr=1

What am I looking at guys? Is it in the wrong currency or something? Pesos?