K O R E A S H I T

MoPark edition

post your hyundai/kia here

daily reminder that Hyundai placed 2nd in WRC and still won't release a hot AWD i20 in the US

I've got a very loud ticking that sounds like it's coming from the valves, but only below 2000RPM. I've read about other Hyundaifags having this problem with the Beta II engine and there's no solid conclusion.

Bought a Genesis. Like it.

Thats pretty much it.

I own the most-hated car on Veeky Forums.

>non-tarbo
Most definitely hated.
I love the aesthetic of three doors though. Can't wait to see if they actually make an MR veloster like they are "planning"

I can understand Hyundai, at least a little bit, because I have given some cars by them that I really like. However, what kind of self-hating human being would ever put himself inside of a Kia by choice?

Soul is a pretty decent value car

>daily reminder that Hyundai placed 2nd in WRC
get a load of this guy, might as well make a Skoda general.

The Turbo didn't feel much faster to be worth the extra $80 a month, so I passed. Still get plenty of speeding tickets in the base.

I would be interested in the next-gen, provided there is one. Veloster doesn't sell well for Hyundai at all, and I had heard they were killing it. But if they've already killedbthe Genesis coupe then it makes sense to make another Veloster gen and make it "sporty."

skoda has one great car you can get up to insane horsepower.
You can just destroy people who are too busy laughing at your skoda.

stealth. tune.

Will it beat my stock V6 Camry?

>I can understand Hyundai
Tell me how.
>However
Cee-apostrophe-D is actually a decent looking car. i30 was meh, then absolutely disgusting, and only now started looking somehow bearable.

You've got valve ticking too?

I don't know how to replace bucket shims (but I can check clearances), and don't know if it's worth it either.

pic related, my Elantra (2009, 125k km)

>tfw it took me 20 years to realize that Hyundai and KIA are the same company

Lol I'm slow

It's all good, I only found out recently after picking up a locksmithing job and noticing the manufacturer numbers were identical on certain Kia and Hyundai keys.

Sell it to some rube on craigslist if you hate it. Dont get in over your head mechanically. As far as it goes with my Elantra, i've got no OBD codes and i've been driving it with this issue for three months now without incident. Maybe this is injector noise?

Had the displeasure of a Kia Rio with CVT auto as a courtesy car a few months back.

LITERALLY the worst car I've ever driven.

The Rio sucks, but you get what you pay for. 13s and 14s are going for 8k now for a car still under warranty with normie features like bluetooth and XM.

>The power to surprise

The fuck kind of slogan is this?

korean engrish is almost as bad as chinese engrish

It was an '11 Rio if I remember right. The exterior appearance is about the only thing I can compliment, because from a distance it doesn't look too bad. The interior is horrible, cheap and plasticky, the seats were uncomfortable and offered about as much support as a marshmallow. The engine was noisy, but not in a good way, and seemed to have developed tappety valves at only 30k miles. The automatic transmission was mindboggling - I mean, my normal daily is a C-class with the 5G-tronic box (and all my previous cars were manual), so I might be a bit spoiled in terms of experiences with auto transmissions, but the CVT in the Rio is really bad.

>took the revs past 4k before deciding to change up during normal everyday driving
>was not very eager to change down if you wanted to accelerate quickly
>accelerate in a low gear to your desired speed and then changed up (which is fine), then decide to change back down again because you slowed by a few mph
>no manual switching option so you can at least make the CVT's seemingly random ratio changes somewhat bearable

I mean, I know auto transmissions can be very good because of my own car, but if I met a manual driver whose only experience of auto transmissions was this thing, I'd forgive them for thinking autos are fucking awful.

>Sell it to some rube on craigslist if you hate it. Dont get in over your head mechanically.
The car's fine so far, except for a few things - both front window motors failed, only letting the window go down, the transmission interlock is broken, so the shifter can shift to any gears without pressing the brake or having the key inserted, and the brake pedal has a huge squishy zone before the car starts to respond (bled the system, still no effect).

I've done an engine and tranny swap in a Silverado, so tearing apart the valvetrain shouldn't be too tough. It's an alright A-to-B commuter.

>As far as it goes with my Elantra, i've got no OBD codes and i've been driving it with this issue for three months now without incident.
That reminds me that I should scan my car sometime soon.

Are you liking your Elantra? What would you change about it?

>Window motors failing
I'm worried that that's about to happen with mine. The driver's window has gotten ever so slightly slower than the other three.

>Are you liking your Elantra? What would you change about it?
It's great. I used to drive a Golf and I'm loving the extra room to haul shit around. I might end up throwing this thing around local rallycross with a Saab turbo and a strip-down. Once I get a Saab 9-7x :^)

I wish they brought back the tiburon. Not that Genesis shit. That car was boss.

here's your daily redpill - the Elantra Touring is a stealth Tiburon and can get a sick tarbo

daily drive an 08 Sonata, it has 4 cylinders, an auto transmission, and has reliably gotten us from point a to point b for the past 7 years

but, it's a sonata, so never felt the urge to take a picture of it

Why does everyone hate the Veloster? It looks fun.

It is fun. It's underpowered as fuck, but also available with a DCT which pretty much means you can rev and floor it all over town without repercussion.

People that hate it do so because it looks like it should go 200mph but doesn't. They don't understand it was just meant to be an Accent/i30 with less pedestrian looks.

How reliable are Kias? Im on a 2012 civic with 70k miles but some of my friends and co workers are buying brand new Kias becouse of how easy theu are to finance.

They have long-ass warranties from the factory and then the dealers will usually throw more shit like free oil changes for 2 years on top. They're all trying to get Toyota/Honda customers such as yourself.

Get one.

>Free oil changes
Irrelevant i do my own
>Long ass warranties
Thatd be nice if the car isnt constantly going back to get shit fixed

If you're more of a "charts and graphs" person then here:

My first car was an '08 Rio that I got from my dad. He had it from 0-35k, no problems. I had it from 35k-80k, no problems except the battery went bad (probably from going to the drive-in) to be honest I didn't treat it terribly well. There may have been a couple of times I took it down a moderately rough trail. 80k-110k by brother had it. God knows what he did to that car, but he trashed anything he touched. Ruined the clutch in a Forester within a couple months, fucked up a few things in our truck, drove my dad's car into a lake. The door panels were loose from him putting new speakers in and not securing them properly. The seats were stained to shit. He got in 2 different wrecks in the car, which involved replacing the rear hatch and quarter panels. But, it never hesitated to start, and ran more or less the same as when we got it, except mayve a touch more sluggish. The only real issue it had at that time was fuel injector issue that caused it to throw a code. We took it to the dealership and got it fixed under warranty.
Sorry for the length, I'm a wee bit nostalgic.

Im not in the market for a Kia since one of my co workers got a Kia Hybrid thats given him nothing but problems. Just curious is all

I wouldn't trust their hybrid systems either, mine was just the standard gutless four banger.

The problem here is CVTs don't have gears.

the non turbo model is just an accent with a bodykit. In Canada the coupe genesis r-spec is barely more expensive.

Genesis Coupe is ded m8. Hyundai killed it since it couldn't compete with the Ecoboost Stang.

VW above honda

>initial quality
>meaning anything

Hence why I said "changing ratio". CVTs are a pretty awesome concept, but rather than using them for their actual purpose, manufacturers caved into their retarded consumer bases and made them behave like conventional gearboxes, often pretty badly.

That's because of the innovative self repairing software every VW has installed :^)

stay mad weebshit