/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

House of Troubles Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/12/22/thats-a-wrap-on-2016
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx [Begginer Guide]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/310623/update-13-sneak-peak-notes/p1
eso.mmo-fashion.com/whisperweft-gala-wear/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Children_of_the_Sky
youtube.com/watch?v=X7DnyP4dqsw
deltiasgaming.com/2016/08/07/eso-magplar-pvp-build/
reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4wv5a1/datamined_vvardenfell_info_new_quest_info/
uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Temples
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting this in the vain hope that if I post it often enough I might be able to meme it into existence.

guys, what if
New weapons:
>Staff of Alteration
Focus on defensive abilities, damage shields, mage armors. Blocking with an alteration staff consumes magicka instead of stamina. Damage shields have their timers increased to 10 seconds if an alteration staff is equipped.
>Staff of Conjuration
Non-sorcerer pet skill line. Summon flame atronach - can be morphed into summon greater flame atronach with a focus on dps and inflicting breach and fracture, reducing enemy defences, or summon frost atronach, which has focuses more on defense and grants resolve and ward to nearby allies. Summon skeletal minion, which can be morphed into summoning two skeletons, or summoning a skeletal construct. Alternatively, morphed into summoning a ghost instead. Rest focuses on debuffs and maybe a command creature skill, forcing enemies to fight each other. Maybe make conjuration summons 20sec summons rather than toggles so you can switch bars and for sorcs to keep their pet class status.

I just want a bit more magic variety. Magic tanks that aren't just sword&shield and viable pet builds that contribute in some way.
Also for them to do something with frost staff. I don't really see a point in it existing right now.

Update 13 sneak peak
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/310623/update-13-sneak-peak-notes/p1

>inb4 post-OT newbies come in again and say this gonna kill pve
even tho top pvers all say it's piss as fuck and they want them to nerf shit so its harder.

Honestly I'd definitely be super down for something beyond "DAMAGE STAFF: THREE FLAVORS" as mag dps. It means each mag class uses more of their class skills and feels pretty different but goddamn is it boring. Being able to mag-tank with a staff would be pretty fucking awesome.

I'm not a pet class man but I'm sure those that are would dig it. I also really like the idea of them being timed instead of toggles, that's one thing that really puts me off from summons in this. Double-barring bound armor already makes me feel cramped, let alone sticking minions on there so they don't suddenly explode when I swap to try and do some damage myself.

Whats the most skin-tight or chest exposing light armor style?

>Being able to mag-tank with a staff would be pretty fucking awesome.
This was the only thing I ever wanted to do desu

Slut

I couldnt find "slut" style on list. Which one you had in mind?

Truth to be told, I would enjoy skirts, especially heavy armor metal skirts, but this game dont have any. I miss GW2 armors. Or Aion ones.

Guys, please ;_;

Im about to hit champion 160 and I need some outfit. I got bored of seducer costume.

What's the purple costume where half of the titties are hanging out?

Never saw one.

Get the bath towel.

This one?
eso.mmo-fashion.com/whisperweft-gala-wear/

>tfw no one handed staves
>no staff and sword style
Man. It wasn't even that good in Skyrim but I still miss being able to Gandalf it up.

Someone help me name my dude.

He's an Altmer Templar.

I had an idea for thu'um world skill tree. Before you start calling me skyrim faggot, I think Skyrim is worst TES game and I hated shouting in Skyrim after my first playtrough. In TESO i would love to be thu'um user/skald. This skill tree would be free update. Skill tree would have 1 ultimate and 5 active skills or just one ultimate thar could be almost any shout.
Ultimate:
>unrelenting force with 2-6 different morphs
Ultimate morphs:
>Fire breath
>Frost breath
>Drain vitality
>Marked for death
>Cyclone
>Stronger unrelenting force
Active skills:
>Aura whisper
>Battle fury
>Dismay
>Whirlwind sprint
>Elemental fury

Passives:
>Shout distance
>Ultimate cost reduction
>Shout damage
>Shout duration

Bru'h Trickus Aximos.

Cyredius Elsinian

Its pretty boring costume, really.

Some early light armonian robe have nice cut part exposing chest, but couldnt find something similar. Would be nice to have something smooth and skin-tight for chest part too.

Stack on Me For Heals.

That one. There's also hotpants+bustier combo I see sluts running around in but I have no idea what it is.

Great suggestions, but i went for Exoth. It's short, easy to type, and one word, and can be easily shortened to "Ex".

These are criteria I always have in mind when planning MMO names. You sometimes need to type up shit to friends fast, and in groups, short but distinguishable names are golden.

Now, does the game allow to mix and match later on with playstyles and gear choices, or will I "waste points" if I wear light armor for a bunch of levels then later switch to heavy?

Same with skill points.

For someone who's a skyrim baby, you apparently know very little about shouts.

It takes decades of practice and learning to be able to shout unless you are a dragon born. That's what made you so special in skyrim when you are able to learn all these different shouts.

To have everybody running around shouting as well as dragon borns would be stupid.

class abilities are over the top as it is and make little sense

If anything, give each race a unique emote only them can do that shows of something about their race but have no practical effect.

This. We already have a dragonborn skill tree, it's called the Dragon Warrior class.

>skyrim baby
My first game was daggerfall and I totally forgot training process..

Thanks, doc

:3

Generally you will only wear one weight of armor at a time. Tanks are slightly different as there's some shenanigans you can get up to with the Tava's Favor set but they're still almost entirely heavy armor. Stamina DPS is medium armor. Magicka DPS and Magicka healz are light armor.

That said you don't really expend any "points" leveling up a skill line, you only use points on it if you buy the passives with skill points and honestly there's more than enough skill points in the game to spend some in a line you don't really use much. Especially if that character isn't your crafter.

You can always respec attribute and skill point distribution at capital cities (Eldenroot, Mournhold and Wayrest) anyways. It just costs a couple thousand gold.

Nerfing shit is different from removing half the sets from existence.

Dragon Knight, s'wit

We don't have a dragonborn skill tree you fucking retard, you even managed to get the class name wrong, anyway Dragonknights aren't even related to dragonborns you fuck, they use Akaviri battle techniques.

Actually, the same book that says they use Akaviri battle techniques says that some of their skills (like the fire breath) are considered by some to be a form of thu'um.

Of course that doesn't make them dragonborn (you can't teach that, obviously), but it'd fit with their dragon-aboo ways to know a couple words.

>You can always respec attribute and skill point distribution at capital cities

Thank god. I wish I knew that before I rerolled my character. It was only a couple of hours of tutorial figuring out though. I bet I can do the same amount of game in like 20 minutes now.

I am literally going in completely blind here.

Akaviri battle techniques allow you to sprout wings and breathe fire?

literally nobody used monster sets before OT in vet trials other than tanks

Yeah, it's not like you really lose anything from deleting a character a few hours old (aside from those few hours), I'd have fun fumbling around blind while you can user, there's very little (aside from class selection) that's permanent so it's exceptionally hard to fuck yourself over in any meaningful way.

Add this

>The breath and the voice are the vital essence of a Nord. When they defeat great enemies they take their tongues as trophies. These are woven into ropes and can hold speech like an enchantment. The power of a Nord can be articulated into a shout, like the kiai of an Akaviri swordsman.

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Children_of_the_Sky

And you've even more reasons to believe that their abilities are a form of shout.

Kind of makes me mad they only offered the frost wolf for 3 days. What's up with that? I was busy with finals so I missed it.

Artificial scarcity. This way they make it "exclusive".

At least give people a week to buy it. That's money they lost out on I guess it was for the best I didn't waste it.

+1

You can still buy the Elk :^)

I got reported for throwing mudballs at people riding Elks. Apparently I'm Elkshaming them and it's harassment.

How's the RP community in this game? Any good, or jist tavern ERP?

Ive seen people rping at dungeons and mansions and shit

So I heard Fyr and Vivec were confirmed for the Vvardenfell DLC, what's the source?

Okay, that's cool. I just want to avoid a FFXIV situation where half the community are ERPers, and the other half are drama llamas.

Why are people saying that Orc Stamina Sorcs are a meme combination?

I don't suppose there's an addon that lets you search all guild stores at once, is there? I want rare crafiting motifs but I don't feel like going on a world tour looking for them

because theyre fast

Enchanting arrows like poison when
Spears when
Climbing ladders when
Literally any non destruction or healing magic when
Enchanted Scrolls like potions when

Fucking housing tying up actual content reee

youtube.com/watch?v=X7DnyP4dqsw

deltiasgaming.com/2016/08/07/eso-magplar-pvp-build/
is this guide still viable?

Allene, Veraine? It's your father! I love you and I want to talk to you. It's alright, this people are here to help you.

FORGIVE ME ;_;

Yep.

best weapons to dual wield for a magplar?

Trainwiz's Ass™

Spell crafting when?
Jewelry crafting when?
Necromancy, Illusion, alteration, mysticism when?
Being able to sit on chairs when?
Birth signs when?
Carriages when?
Vvardenfell when?
Silt striders when?
Bone mold and netch leather motif when?

Swords since the passive gives the dmg increase while the daggers only gives Weapon Crit.

>Being able to sit on chairs when?
you could use /sitchair in chat

Finally, champion level 160.

Now I only need to clear the main questline and I can call it a day, since Im overfed of those 140 hours of playtime since free weekend.

reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4wv5a1/datamined_vvardenfell_info_new_quest_info/

Im at "The Army of Meridia" quests in main line and all wiki says that I should get one of the Lights of Meridai from helping argonians in south-west, but I didnt get it.

Various message boards keep saying "side with mages and you will get the Light" I sided with them and poof, nothing.

I dont understand. Anybody else got that problem?

nice trips

whats the most fun skill/class combination? I went for two-handed skill tree with few points in Earthen Heart, im lvl 13 btw

I don't remember anything about the Lights of Meridia. Look around and see if you have completed all side-quests if you can't proceed.

Thank you.

I'd like a spear skill line.

Just go around the map to any points of interests and do the quests. You'll know when you're ready to proceed.

I'm on that quest too. That quest is bretty gud for being open ended. No markers you have to full morrowind and read what people are telling you. The grounds keeper tells you to go west or I think east to get veranus or the ayelid king but you need some lights of meridian. If you head west like directly west in a line you will run into new quest markers. Do them as they are all quests that end in you getting a crystal and collecting guild members.

>There's people that seriously believe ESO introduced templars

You're reading UESP and this guys comes up and slaps your lore. He ask you to pick one templar order outside of Order of the Hour and The Crusaders and how you'd like to implement them - how do you respond?

uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Temples

That reminds me, did they ever fix the screwed up lore? I remember way back when the game was first coming out, people were up in arms about how jacked the story was, and how many things the loremaster got overtly wrong.

>That reminds me, did they ever fix the screwed up lore?
Nope. Anything in particular you're thinking about?

Nah, I actually don't know much of anything about TES lore aside from Daedra being assholes, imperials being stupid, and Redguard being the coolest bros ever. I just remember it being one of the numerous points people used to point and laugh at TESO at launch.

I think the worst the lore rape ever got in ESO was the Argonian saying "Praise Sithis" to a stranger and saying she was poisoned.

So we are getting vvardenfall? Does that mean we'll be able to go to balmora?

I think the worst was how Cyrodiil looks like it does in Oblivion while some people expected it to be a jungle.

In Arena and Daggerfall it was described as a jungle. In Morrowind it was described as both a woodland and a jungle depending on your source. And in Oblivion it looks like it does in Oblivion. This was sort of explained by Talos changing it from jungle to woodlands when he acceded to godhood.

In ESO there's 3 theories.
>Talos changed it so it was always a woodland because he's Talos and don't care
>It's a transcription error
>The White-Gold Tower transform the terrain based on who is currently controlling it

What we know for almost certainly is that Cyrodiil actually used to be a thick jungle since this is the "primitive" state the Celestial Snake displays to the players as he's trying to enforce his eco-fascistic ideology.

Argonians being immune to potion was retconned in Skyrim.

>Talos changed it so it was always a woodland

I think this is what happened. He retroactively changed it when he achieved Chim.

It's not in the leaked data files

talking about shit, anyone know place they added a patch or two ago. Some half finished town you could get to on the PTS.

That was Skingrad I believe

Is there a better feeling than mashing E and sending all your materials to your bank? It's like taking a fat steamy shit.

Plusfags need not respond to this post

Yeah think that was it, at least we know there so much to come, I mean why would be adding to them files over years to never release it.

Not Vanus

>Staff of Alteration

Would actually be a good way to give an 'evasion' style ability to Magicka users. Levitate could be Magicka sprinting and you could give some form of short range teleport as a Magicka dodge.

The PvP so fucking good when it's good, like I really hope they try their best to fix it, just had a 1v1 with a guy who kicked my ass few times but that feeling of just trading blows for like 5-10 mins like fucking titans clashing together.
>just that moment where you both trading blows and know power levels are in same range and the fight not a rollover.

I sort of like the idea behind staff of alteration. One of the reasons stopping me from tanking with only a staff in veteran dungeons is the lack of major fracture, major breach, and minor maim, rendering current mag tanks without sword n shield into a shitty dps that taunts instead of buff and debuff.

>Gilfre: “Argonians in Shadowfen have a tradition called the “Fish Boon Feast” where those who are able fish do so for those who are not. Are there any other New Life Festivals that Argonians participate in in the other parts of Black Marsh? In particular I would love to know about the dynamic between Argonians and the Hist during this time of year and if it has anything to do with the king’s jewel of Black Marsh I’ve heard rumors about, the so called Eye of Argonia.”

>Marwig Yeomcroft eyes flashed wickedly, and he shook his head slowly before responding: “You don’t fool me. I won’t say it, and you can’t trick me into saying it. I may be old, but I still have my wits about me, and I’ll wager I could still out-dance you in the Koeglin Hornpipe! Go try your monkey tricks on someone else. Anyway, I don’t know what they do in them marshes clear t’other side of Tamriel, but I’ve seen them lizard-folk when they’re celebrating whatever it is they celebrate, and they’re as quick to quaff a carafe of nut-brown ale as real people, and I’m even including Orcs in that. Meanwhile, have you ever thought about the fact that you can’t spell ‘Sithis’ without ‘Hist’? Or ‘this is,’ for that matter? It makes you think, I tell you what.”

Is DW+Destro Staff the way to go for Magplar DPS?

>Try playing a tank
>Have way more fun
>Also have a much easier time making a solid build because it's pretty simple to set up your skills so you're just unkillable

Why don't more people play tank? I swear I mostly just see DPS running around

I like to think DPS just clears PvE the fastest and you can always swap to another role when you are done farming

Whenever I do a world boss on my other character though 5 people show up and we're all pure DPS that die in 2 hits so we can't kill anything, this happens pretty consistently

How ded is this game? I heard after some of the recent patches it was good but not worth it if it's ded

It has more responsibilities though maybe not harder. Tanks do need to know the mechanics of dungeons, whereas DPS can usually learn it on the spot or just generally stay out of red circles.

DPS also quest faster, though as someone else said, even a group of 561 DPSes can die to WB easily if they don't have a tanky guy of some sort.

Not dead at all. Megasevers plus a pretty healthly population means you'll be seeing other people an awful lot at any stage of the game.

What you're guaranteed to find 24/7
>People doing PvP
>People running dungeons
>People doing quests
What you're only be guaranteed to find during peak hours (1800-0000) but may very well find at other times as well
>People running the dungeon you want to run
>People playing at the PvP campaign you want
>ERP

>Fyr
>Vivec
>most of Vvardenfell

This is gonna piss /tesg/ off, isn't it?

>fights guild
>go around killing monsters and destroying dark anchors

>mages guild
>run around the world like a retard collecting books youll never read for 5 fucking xp per book