No More Learner's Permits

Over 40% of all lethal accidents on the road are caused by teenage drivers. If the government takes road safety seriously, the solution is completely obvious: Put an end to learner's permits.

If you don't have a driver's license by 2016, that's it. You've missed the boat.

>b-but how will teenagers learn how to drive
VR. Put them in electronic driving simulators until they learn how to control their cars and follow the rules. Yes, this would reduce the number of new drivers, but self-driving cars will take over in a few years anyway.

Tell me if I'm wrong. Why should millennials be allowed to endanger responsible drivers?

Other urls found in this thread:

iii.org/issue-update/teen-drivers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Joke's on you, we don't have learner's permits. All learning is done in a driving school car in the presence of a driving instructor.

no one cares.. get a life

>sepf driving cars will take over in a few years
That's why SF rekt the uber fleet there, right?

Don't mind me, just invalidating your dumb thread:

iii.org/issue-update/teen-drivers

sage

>A 2008 study conducted by former Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) chief scientist Allan Williams found that raising the age at which drivers are licensed would save lives.

How am I invalidated? It's clear that young drivers are a problem.

Well of course, letting 16 year olds drive cars is utterly moronic.

This isn't a public policy board or a transportation board. It's a car board.

The human brain doesn't stop developing until age 25. We should wait until at least 21.

Yes blame teenagers, they don't get enough flak from the shitty media on a daily basis already.

Old people are 100x worse than even your strawman of teens.
-haven't taken a test since the 60s
-blind in one eye and don't want to admit it
-been repeating the anti-learning meme since the 80s and will always be hostile to learning

By the way, old people keep moving the goalposts on the current four letter word of the millennial generation. Since generations are ageism and all made up by shitty old people, it depends on which shitty old person you ask to find the definition of it.

It's equally common to hear "born after 2000" as the date as well as "adult before 2000". What is adult?

some people say 18, others say 25. So you can be born in 1975, 41 years old, and still be a "millennial". this is why some ageism charts chop out gen X and gen Y altogether. In 5 more years, before the alpha generation (yes that is what they are calling it) becomes teenagers and are still perfect innocent little children, you will see this number increase and it will perfectly begin where boomers end which is 1970. In 30 more years millennial will probably eat up baby boomers too and just be redefined for the entire century because it's close enough.

t. butthurt teenager

Ok

Cool argument you piece of shit, got any more non-responses?

"generations" are made up by angry boomers who are insecure about the fact they were never successful and young people still have a chance. how about that?

ITT: OP gets a D+ on his paper for his freshman year public speaking course because even his professor knows he's a massive faggot.

Who here /never had a crash/?
So far gone at least 100,000 miles since 17.

Why is this a problem? Seems a like a good population control method

I had one that was resolved in private with no clarification of fault. Someone backed out of a spot and into me in a parking lot while I was swinging wide to get into a spot. There were no lane markings and I don't see how I would've been able to line up for the parking spot otherwise so I wouldn't see myself at fault.

I was never responsible for one. Been driving since I was 14 and some idiot hit me while we were both stopped at a stoplight

me.
Around same time since 16.
Only a few bumps but nothing more damaged than scrape on bodywork.

You can bitch and cry all you want about driving standards being low, that young drivers shouldn't be allowed in a car, that women shouldn't drive at all, that old people should be banned from driving at the age of 60 or whatever tantrum you want to throw this week, but it will never change because establishing higher standards means less people will be able to drive and less people will buy cars.

Look at the list of the top 50 companies sorted by revenue, there are 8 car manufacturers in there (the lowest with a revenue of 100+ BILLIONS of dollars) and one third of the whole list is oil companies.
Think of the amount of taxes these people pay (and don't pay), think of all the industries and third parties directly related to the automotive business.
Cars and associated businesses move a ludicrous amount of money, not to mention the oil industry alone.
Give people hard driving tests and suddenly there's a lot less young drivers buying all sorts of cars, less women buying crossovers and all other stereotypes you can think of.

It will never happen, get over it.

You should hope for more law enforcement, not harder driving test, at least the first is more likely to happen and won't harm the automotive business as much.

I'm not saying I don't agree that there's too many retards out there that should never had a licence in the first place, but you are so focused on your small paranoid world where every law is made specifically to piss you off, that you fail to see the big picture and come up with retarded ideas like giving driving schools all over the world expensive fucking driving simulators and forcing everyone to drive in them and expect those people to not panic when they step in an actual car.

Jesus Christ how can you even come up with this stupid shit

>millennials
You know unless you were born in the 1970's you're a Millennial too?

You're wrong.

>self driving car meets gravel road
>shits itself

>self driving car meets gravel road
>manual mode engaged
>hecktik skidz

>>VR. Put them in electronic driving simulators

as a tax payer I am not paying for that.

cuck

Had one accident;

>driving on a narrow country lane, met a delivery van rushing off to wherever he was going
>I hit the brakes because the road was nowhere near wide enough for us to pass
>van driver kept coming as if expecting me to pull in and give way for him despite the fact the road was not wide enough
>he realised at the last moment that there was not enough space and slammed his own brakes on, but it was too late and he went into me

Sadly because it was a one-lane unmarked road, with no witnesses because it was in the middle of nowhere, and because he refused to admit he was at fault, I had to accept split liability. My car was a Cat-D write off (not badly damaged, but repair costs would likely exceed the car's actual value), I lost my no-claims bonus and had to suck up higher premiums for being involved in a partial liability accident, just for encountering a twat that was in too much of a rush.

What's sad is lobbyists and law makers actually think like this

now that i have enough experience to take my road test my cars refuses to stay toghether for more than 12 hours

How's about implementing good driver training that properly prepares new drivers for the road instead of just banning everyone?

Sounds too hard I imagine, and far too expensive...