Redpill me on these guys, Veeky Forums

Redpill me on these guys, Veeky Forums

VULVA

Most of their cars are fwd
Also expensive to fix when shit goes wrong
Their i5 is a durable and strong engine though

If the V90 had a engine to compete with the germans i'd get one.

Sexist

Ye

Oke

Except for when bored out to 2.5L

The best thing about any Volvo is the interior and comfort. They're never retarded about their suspension even on the R and Polestar models, so you don't get your ass hammered on shit roads.

Yeah, I4s are less than inspiring especially in that class, but that's EU regulators at work. I think that their future is going to be twin engine hybrids like the XC90 T8. I'm hoping that the SPA-based V60 Polestar has that engine.

Boring safe kind of expensive cars. Used to make a few fun cars but nothing too remarkable.

This. Once they make a proper performance model with a rear axle or bring back the 2.3 T5 Motor their sales will skyrocket exponentially. RWD
W
D

Too bad the Chinese won't let them all for the sake of profit

once great
bled dry by ford
killed by china

Need that good pre ferd pre china rwd vulva.

Odin-tier interiors

Going to buy one in January. Already decided on a pendant to hang from the rear view mirror.

polestar S60 and V60 are base as fuck.

>awd
>twin-charged 2.0 L I4
>367 horsepower and 345 lb-ft
>6 piston brembo brakes
>Ă–hlins suspension

The used ones with the straight sizes aren't bad either

They're like Mercedes except traditionally worse and less interesting.

Some of the best styled sport 4-doors of the 90's.
Everything later is cool, but in a middle-aged-man sort of way.
The new XC90s are supposedly the nicest crossover/station wagons you can buy right now. Cheaper than an Beamer or an Audi too.

>worse
That depends entirely on your criteria. Luxury? Probably since they're usually a different price bracket. Purchase price and running costs? Easily better than Benzes. Quality? Benzes were horrid from the mid '90s to late '00s.

Yeah I really want a V60P but I want to hold off until the new 60 series comes out. Because if they make a Polestar version with the twin engine from the XC90 T8, it would probably get sub-4s 0-100kph. A V90 with that setup would be insane, too.

>middle-aged-man sort of way

Go look at the C30T5 and tell me that is a middle aged dude car

they make good turbo's, don't bother getting one without it.
they sound sexy as fuck, are safe, and you can act like a hoon and the cops don't care because they think volvo's are granny mobiles.

>not the version with the pure crystal shift knob

also, apparently the touchscreen interface is horrible in the first 10min after you start the car

They're for douchebag doctors that think they're too good for a German luxury car.

Whenever I see a Semi broken down on the side of the road 80% of the time it's a Volvo. If they can't even figure out a semi truck I shudder to think what owning one of their cars must be like.

if you are talking about their 5cyl turbos, yeah they can make nice noises, but you need to remove the stock exhaust since its made to neuter all the sounds the engine makes, they even recirculate the turbo BoV so you cant hear it discharging

Volvo CARS and Volvo Trucks are two different companies, user

Same shit, different fjord. Both are terrible.

Why do you think making a semi would be easier?

They made fantastic cars until 2001, then they had to start using Ford parts because Ford bought them out, but now they're on track with really good new cars because a Chinese company bought them from Ford and lets them actually design not shitty cars again.

I'm hoping their new twin charged twin engine setup makes it into a polestar model in the near future. That will be fucking cool.

For anyone that doesn't know, their new XC90 T8 model has a 4 cylinder engine that's turbocharged and supercharged and an electric motor that provides power continuously to fill in the gaps during shifting and rev changes (same idea behind the La Ferrari and Porsche 918)

>Praising the chinks when they told volvo to stop with the 5 and 6 cylinder engines

at least ferd let them make what ever engine they wanted, they even had a Yamaha co developed V8 in the S80 making over 300hp and sounding divine while doing it

They are breddy neat tech wise
Repair bill not so much

Yeah that Yamaha V8 is amazing. Absolutely bulletproof. I may buy a XC90 with one if I get the chance, but those tend to sell almost instantly.

I think that the current I4 thing is the EU's fault. It's why every EU manufacturer is going to twincharged 4 bangers for everything aside from halo cars.

can get 2016 models for like $15k off. Almost bought a 15' a year ago but heard they were adding a new engine and 8 speed transmission so i decided to wait.

The 6 speed aisin is just aweful in it. Its not rev-matched and is already pushed to its power limit so no mods unless you want a blown transmission

I wish they died instead of saab.

I'm quite happy with my C30, even though it's basically a restyled Focus

It's not the EU's fault that volvo doesnt want to spend money on developing a V6. Literally every other yuro sells bigger engines.

>Benzes were horrid from the mid '90s to late '00s.
Source on that please because thats a load of shit

According to wiki Aktiebolaget Industrivärden owns most of the shares of volvo.

I grew up in a '98 950 and '03 V70 they were very comfortable on long rides through Europe. the V70 drove like a dream according to my dad, and is the best car he ever had. when my dad started his mid life crisis he bought a '07 c70 which was hot garbage and the v70 was sold in 2011 at 750.000 km unfortunately, I loved that car. Some dirty peasants raped that v70 and put an LPG system into it which makes me cringe at the thought of that beautiful 5 cyllinder 250 hp engine it has.

Today my dad drives a v70 from '15 and is getting a v90 in 10 days so i'd say its a pretty good car but I love the older designs way more than the newer, those were the real scandinavian beauties before the americans ruined the cars.

The Chinese are letting them make what they want.
This is what Volvo wants

Volvo is a sexist company. I say that because of their logo. It clearly resembles a male symbol, and don't say this was a coincidence. they could of made it both a male a female symbol. Volvo are full of inconsiderate men loving mysoginistic Swedes. Fuck them and their cars.

>inb4 bait
No I'm dead serious, fuck this opressive company. Yes I'm pissed.

@16398159
This nigga
No (You) for you

10/10 giggled louder than I should have.

You dingus, it is the chemical symbol for iron. They choose that to illustrate how structurally tough their cars were.

The irony is that I see most housewives and soccer moms drive xc90s every fucking where.

>Expensive to fix when shit goes wrong

That is (for the most part) a misconception. Parts for both my 93 240 and 2000 V70 are just about the same price as parts for my 97 Camry. And really they are not that difficult to work on either. If you take it to a garage, mechanics will jack up the price because it's not an American car and in their minds is more of a hassle to work on

cuz they want that iron d

>@

And? The faggot didn't deserve a (You)

It spells ovloV backwards

YW user

About that. I genuinely wonder when Sweden is going to look at Volvo and think "that arrow has to be a cross now, it's 2017 after all".

Russian undercover car brand confirmed.

Yep, but increasingly they only put larger engines in their low-volume niche and high end models. Volvo can't really afford to do that, because they're still struggling. And engine size isn't something that most people care about anymore. The only Volvo where a 6 might make sense is the Polestar, but even there they reduced the cylinders by 2 and still increased the power by a reasonable amount.

Volvo's future for high performance will be the T8 twin engine. Same goes for everyone else, unless there's some kind of political shift away from greenwashing.

>2005 s40
>6 speed turbo
>105k miles
> 4000$

Wut do u guys think? I think it sounds good. Just looking for a comfy city car

I can assure you the build quality and material quality is generally crap on 70's-late 90's Volvos too

>build quality and material quality is generally crap on 70's-late 90's Volvos

I really hope this is bait.

The engineering pretty much stayed the same, but the materials and quality of the cars were good. One thing they did which kept their cars around is galvanizing the body and various parts, which kept them pretty resilient to rust

>fwd. Correct
>expensive to fix. 50/50: going to the dealer or garage: absolutely. These cars are actually quite simple to work on (2005 s40 2.4i owner)
>i5 is durable. Fuck yes it is. I have redlined my 2.4i, almost starved of oil, and other crazy stuff.

LITERALLY SHAKING

If you're looking for a comfy car you've found it, those things are great. 4k is a good price too as long as you don't need to do any work on it.

Cool thanks mane

It's not, the panels are really weak and shit. Legit feels like I could pop a hole in the bonnet and roof

You are either baiting or smoking some really bad salvia. Either way it's purely coincidental and you speak out of complete ignorance.

I hate how people completely forgot about this fact.

That guy got BTFO'd by you.