Could we talk some about this place's history?

Could we talk some about this place's history?
>Ancient Jews none really knows how come into excistance
>World's second first christian nation
>Launched successful invasion of Arabia just to kill Jews
>Muhammad's followers searched refugee there
>Proxy war between Portugal and Ottomans
>Pirates of the Somalian

Just to note, I don't think they are any better than Europeans and don't find racial statistics to be relevant in this topic at all which don't mean I deny their relevancy elsewhere.

>we wuz kangz
>ethiopia/aksum/abyssina is a meme empire
>ethiopians are white

There, it's out of the way so lets have a non-shit thread for once.

I think they had some relationship to Ancient Egypt which is why they referred to in the Bible and shit as Kush or whatever

That's all I know

Suppose they got those things from Egypt as well.
Or maybe it's just an African thing.

>>Pirates of the Somalian

You mean somali pirates, somalian isn't a word used at all and will probably get you punched in your face.

> I don't think they are any better than Europeans

you realize east Africa has its own kind of racial categories, and Arabs and Europeans are exactly the same. Europe isnt a continent, the Horn of Africa is its own region.

>you realize east Africa has its own kind of racial categories, and Arabs and Europeans are exactly the same. Europe isnt a continent, the Horn of Africa is its own region.
That was more to fend of people accusing me of being a Liberal.

>No Rwanda

Missing best country in East Africa lad.

It's also really weird to include Uganda as part of this region and not Rwanda.

I know it's against the 25 year rule. But my current interest has been the rise of Al-Qaeda's affiliate in the region, Al-Shabaab, and it's imminent fall.

Somalia is a textbook case of what not to do as a government.

He was too pure for this world

It's kinda weird how they could go from having a state that could successfully launch invasions of Ethiopia ((Even if they did fail in the end)) and then end up with what they got today,

>Avoid combat in Taiping Rebellion while shitloads of white officers were dying left and right.
>I TOTALLY WON IT GUYS!

It isn't even East Africa. It's just the Horn countries.

It's either East Africa or South Africa where Homo sapiens (both H. sapiens sapiens and H. sapiens idaltu, our extinct relatives who were the only other true subspecies of our species), and the most recent signs point to East Africa, although there is some 338,000 year old DNA from West Africa that was found while looking up someone's genetic ancestry.

So there's that. The original Homo sapiens are long extinct though.

The body count on this one is rather staggering

That's what most people refer to as East Africa, especially shitposters from Narialand.

Rwanda is historically shit.

No. Most people include everything from Sudan, well South Sudan now, down to Tanzania (sometimes Mozambique) as East Africa. The Horn region is a subset of East Africa.

According to autosomal DNA they did find significant amounts of Asian (Semetic?) traces. My question is if this is them being some kind of proto-caucasian or if they experienced back-to-Africa migration.

When I meant most people, I'm referring to Veeky Forums, especially the people who think all East Africans look like Somalis.

The latter

>You mean somali pirates, somalian isn't a word used at all and will probably get you punched in your face.

>Being this autistic

Ethiopia is interesting because it was a nation of such potential and power. It worked with Europe during colonial years and avoided being colonized itself.

Their royalty married into European royalty and vice versa, and they maintained a decent nation. Especially by African standards. They would do better if they had stable neighbors.

Having such awful, genocidal neighbors gave them a huge refugee problem. Their drought in the 90s compounded the issue.

The Habesha are a holy people. I'm an American of Russian, Bavarian, Irish and Swedish descent and I know from first hand experience that they are a holy and pious people.

>second Italo-Ethiopian war

We come from Egyptian/Nubian Jews who moved inland via the Nile to Lake Tana and beyond

Truish

Not necessarily true

True

True

One nations pirates are another nations merchants, Somalia was a trading power of western Indian Ocean

But really don't get too obsessed, we really get pushed into this category on here in a very annoying way.
Both. "Caucasians" are a subset of our genetically diverse people and about 30k years ago they came back long before "Semitic" was around.
Intermarriage amongst royals was very rare and honestly Habesha were genocidal and imperialistic

Any interesting Ethiopian history facts that you might know that doesn't seem well known elsewhere?

Bump

People of the horn of africa are lighter skinned than the ooogba booogas of west and south africa. They are likely one of the 12 original tribes of israel hence the reason why jews existed in such large number in ethiopia before operation solomon. They have been in worldview since the ancient greeks and before. Likely related to the ancient egyptians and had many kingdoms like dm't, akum, ethiopian empire. Very religious too. Quite christian. too bad the arab muslims and bantu people of the south fucked up the region.

>implying every horn of Africa person is lighter than the rest

Keep in mind, there are over 50 different (probably a lot more, where's that damn picture with the ethnic groups) ethnic groups native just to Ethiopia alone, and many of them are almost as dark as Nilo-Saharans in Sudan.

Oh and you forgot about the Khoisan, who are just as light as the Oromo or Habesha.

It seems like there's very little real interest in this region on Veeky Forums, with most the attention they get coming from being black; either anti-racists using them as an example of a "black African" civilization, or racists trying to show how they're 100% pure Aryan.

Possibly oldest surviving illuminated Christian manuscript is from Ethiopia, carbon dated to about the 5th-6th century AD. Pic related. Only the Cotton Genesis manuscript (4th-6th century AD) might be older.

>imminent fall

Al-Shabaab's success has gone up and down in recent years, not least of which is because of the failures of the African Union's peacekeeping mission and their inability to suppress guerrillas in the countryside.

It doesn't help that the Ethiopians, by and far the best soldiers in the horn of Africa, aren't of much use in the situation because of how deep the animosity runs between them and the Somalis.

Well, Uganda is definitely not a horn country, but for some reason it's included in the map. It's weird, is all I'm saying.

T. Great Lakes Fag

>aka when the Italians needed to violate almost every convention of modern warfare just to win
>before getting absolutely BTFO by a handful of British colonial troops and Ethiopian freedom fighters five years later

It's still aggravating that literally all that was needed to stop the invasion was to close the Suez Canal to Italian ships.

Not after 1970 fampai

Why?

The whole thing was carved out of the Earth, correct?

Yes. Carved out from the living rock.

Got to admire the dedication. Wh a t kind of tools did they use? Is there any symbolic reason for it being that deep down in the Earth?

That's pretty damn cool

>implying anti-racists aren't just racists under a seperate flag
projecting

According to legend the ruler got a prophetic dream.