EVE Online general /eog/

Special New Years Amarr Edition.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!
But if you have to ask again you can't.

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link(chaining them with friends works the best).
If you have no friends use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy
Don't forget to save your referral's name, If you upgrade to Omega send me a mail with the date when you upgraded and I will give you the entire PLEX.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)

Previous Thread: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11978150
pushx.net/
fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>amarr

>sounds like CCP is fine with the way they are.

got to disagree here bro

first of all, I think based madman directly said they don't like JFs, but can't change them how they'd like because idiots would cry. look at that capital change they made - if you have a jump drive and are not a black ops, if you get hic pointed you cannot jump a gate. why did they do this? it seems to me that they were thinking about the bullshit potential of invulnerable (gate cloaked in this case) caps that just decloak+jump and you can't do anything. they have to think that that is bullshit to have implemented this change

citadels right, you cannot ever dock at a citadel if you are scrammed. what if they changed jumping so it takes say 10s and it's cancelled if you get pointed in that time, and when you come out on the other end, you cannot tether instantly and are not invulnerable? suddenly it's far less cancerous, without affecting "muh jump range"

>lol nobody can catch my uncatchable ship because they wouldn't bother because who cares
>so JFs are balanced

it's your retarded scenario, faggot

>massive rework burden

more like massive improvement opportunity

you're pointing out how huge this all is. I know how huge this all is. it makes things shitty all over eve in a huge way, it can only be made better

>I'm sorry. It's just the way it is.

people said that about links. nothing about jump drives are 'keeping the game from falling apart' m8

Jump reactivation timers should prevent tethering. I get that jump drives are a good thing but citadels make them too safe.

Phoebe damn near killed EVE

nerfing jump drives again will undo what progress has been made by ascension

>Phoebe damn near killed EVE

is PL really this delusional

>i just like to pretend the stats don't lie

Well of course, yes. That's the thing I'm saying.

I'm asking anti-JF user to reconcile his wishes regarding EVE with reality.
Just because it's not gonna happen doesn't mean we can't talk about it though.

What saddens me though is how quickly topics here devolve into shit-flinging/e-peen contests over some minor detail.
Oh well. That discussion was a trainwreck, someone had to step in.

Not sure if I have the patience to last through all of it; at least I did something.

Good. I like your approach.
Now instead of arguing whether "good pilots" are making ships unkillable, use your enthusiasm to influence CSM / post on forums / go somewhere where changes are discussed.

I'm serious.
My major argument against JD changes is that CCP has better things to do with their dev time.
If you can convince them otherwise - that the issue is an important one - then my point is void.

good b8

maybe mark phoebe on it next time and maybe change the numbers so phoebe is at the start of the drop

PCU 14 is phoebe you dumb fuck

>tfw only one single 24" monitor to play Eve

RIP homie

you need to get on that 2 monitor set up at least

>want to get into incursions
>t2 bb guns are minimum requirement, meaning hundreds of millions and more importantly 150 billion sp needed
I just wanted to make isk man, I don't want to spend my next 3 years of eve exploring

Is this good?
Hookbill solo roam.

>t2 bb guns are minimum requirement
Where? Even tvp doesn't require t2 guns.

My desk (read: table) is not big enough desu

>tfw only one single 22" monitor to play Eve

I'm not sure CSM members want random scrubs to vomit 8000 character balance mails on them. maybe they do, idk. they probably have to deal with a lot of people like dror

>76.8

no. you'll never kill anything solo with dps that bad. not sure if you're using the wrong ammo or something

Warptome fits require everything but the hull to be t2
Guess there are better alternative fleets

They don't make more isk than tvp because tvp prefers to fly with full faction and deadspace fits, but still lets people join with tech 2.

Gotta train them skills, ammo is faction. Oh well more waiting I guess.

I think flying with m8s you're ok having shitty skills - the gap between a shit skills tackler/ewar/logi guy and full skills is nothing compared to a damage guy. but soloing, I think if you've got 1/3 of normal dps, on top of probably not knowing much, you're just going to have a really bad time and get raped over and over

well can't become good in solo if you never roam, and it's sometimes hard to find basic t1 frigates that want to fight you and I indeed have little knowledge of which ships I can take on, so I thought maybe I'll get a hookbill and try figting other navies.
But if it's that bad I'll just stick to tackle for a while and ruin some more kestrels in solos .

Has anyone but me ever realized that the Proteus can look like a sickass motorcycle

Which subsystems?

nanobot
cpu efficiency
dissonic
interdiction
power core

probably useless but dope as fuck

actually make that augmented capacitor instead of power core, even better

just to give you an idea, my hookbill fit is 195 dps. at 77 dps you're doing probably about as much as the guns on a tackle interceptor. there will be very few ships you can engage, probably none

look at the hookbill's bonuses. the damage bonus on it is massive, but it has fewer actual launchers than a kestrel. it works out as more damage with full skills, but I think if you've got caldari frigate level 2 or something, the kestrel is the same or more damage. worse other stats though of course since it's a cheaper ship

I'm trying not to be one of those "don't undock for 6 months" shitters, but you need to get that dps and double it somehow if you want a chance at killing people imo. it looks like you have all skills at level 1-2, or you forgot to put ammo in one of your launchers or something

>want to play eve but everybody and their mothers are downloading games for new year's eve lan party and your ping is somewhere between 1000 and 2000
>can barely mine rocks without socket being closed
Wat to do. I can only shitpost on /eog/

>lan party
what year is it?

You're never too old for a lan party.

>your cuckpacitor is empty

>you're out of ammo just as a gold magnate passes by

>infinite ammo

strawpoll.me/11978150

>not Gaylente

I've just read up about Drone Assist, but how does drone control range work with it?

I only know that drone will just do a focus fire with whoever you set to assist but can they also operate beyond your drone control range or do they stop shooting if the assisted ship's target is beyond your drone control range?

Holy fuck, why does everyone like Caldari so much? Is it due to ez mode mission running or Tengus?

some guy samefagged the caldari votes just now

The target still has to be in your control range.

I think the target has to be in your drone control range

they probably do the usual drone bullshit thing though where if the drone is already attacking a target, and then the target gets out of drone control range, they just keep attacking it even if the guy ends up 200km away

>drones
>ccp
>mfw shit's all retarded

if you're doing it in lowsec pvp btw drones will not attack via assist anyone who is not a criminal (or maybe outlaw, I don't know)

>not having safety red

Thank you very much for clarifying.

drone ships are worse off at gates in lowsec because of sentries destroying their drones, no?

fixed like 5 years ago, sentry guns do not shoot drones

makes no difference

Oh, really? That sounds like drone ships are fucking good at it then.

I've never flown a Stratios but want to get into some solo cloaky hunting. I've already gotten pretty okay with the Astero so I guess this is the next step right? How does this fit look?

[Stratios, Stratios]
Damage Control II
Shadow Serpentis Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Federation Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner I
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Scrambler II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Medium Capacitor Booster II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Hobgoblin II x10
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5
Federation Navy Ogre x4
Gecko x2

Navy Cap Booster 800 x9

Why two scrams? Are you going after Ventures?

Drone regions are empty as fuck but jesus christ literally nothing but combat sites

>unload cargo
>undock
>get into combat
>realize you left your ammo at station
>tfw

>tfw always wanted to visit cobalt edge

Does that binary code translate into anything?

>go in drone null via wormhole
>noone in local
>only combat sites
>jump to the next system
>3 bubbles on gate with 2 randoms on local
>NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE
>burned back all the way to Jita
Never again.

>havent played in almost a year
>log into indy alt
>"what the fuck is in my hangar thats worth so fucking much jesus?"
>mfw all that worthless drone shit I hoarded is worth billions now

It got me a free PLEX :)

>go in drone null via wormhole
>noone in local
>only combat sites
>jump to the next system

that's me up til here

but follow it with
>next system 5 combat sites, empty local
>go next
>4 combat sites, empty local
>go next
>1 wh, 4 combat sites, empty local
>etc.

fuck off combat sites

It says:
>Iterate iterate iterate iterate iterate iterate iterate

>high sec data site
>mid-grade ascendancy delta bpc
>60 shattered villard wheel
>43 covert research
I'll never find a good site again ;_;

that's a ghost site, the ones that explode

What's the meme corps du jour? Still reddit-out?

Somone in my corp was talking about setting up PI that will make him 2b a month. Is it possible or did he fuck up math?

Anything is possible if you just believe in yourself, user! Be brave and strong!

sounds like the usual "it's 2b per month if you have 10 accounts poorfag lmao"

Tengoo

First person to send me 10 million ISK (right click my name -> send money) gets a PLEX. Just bought a starter pack but don't like the game.

sent :^)

sent :^)

I'm making 800m a month from pi and I'm only doing p2 on 2 characters.

making 500m/h from level 5 missions

Alpha making 1m/h from doing distribution missions reporting in.

If I remember correctly, its done in temperate or barren worlds only using an import/export model.

You should never produce everything yourself.

39 M/h VNIgger reporting

>tfw forgot drones again

Fuck it! Get some exploration frig with salvagers and combat probes and go rob those l4 fuckers in their mission hubs. Steal/salvage everything yellow.

can you get locked inside a WH if all exits collapse? If yes that's fucking terrifying.

I make 1 billion ISK/hour with this one simple trick.

Alpha making 1m/h doing project discovery reporting in.

You will always have at least one connection.

doesn't that shit pay 200k per hit?

There's a weird scaling going on. If you get under ~35% hit rate your payout is halved compared to what you would expect between 35% and X% (some place around 65% probably), and I bet it's doubled after ~65%. At 50% you make 50k a hit, so at ~65% you should be making ~130k a hit. However it appears you need a combination of practice and luck to get good results.

No, 1k per accuracy percentage, so only up to 100k per slide, and getting ~99% accuracy takes a long time.

Hope you got your Khanid apoc and harbinger, sarum coercer, omen and oracle skins for cheap already.

>not purity + yoiul
>not victory apoc

This was a fit I was linked. I guess it was to catch stabbed explorers?

>cap boosters on battleships
No can do ma'am. Take six 3200s. Enjoy your >>roam

>cap boosters on caps
Of course sir, here have fuckhueg cargo and feel free to cap forever.

This is why battleships are dead.

>No can do ma'am. Take six 3200s. Enjoy your >>roam
I preload a 3200 then keep my cargo with 800's which is far more efficient

Battleships seriously need more cargo to carry all these cap boosters

>here have fuck huge cargo
except some of them don't even get over 500 which isn't a lot seeing that battleship ammo is huge

so use 800s

and it's no use convincing cap babbies that caps are retarded, they think its ok because the skillbooks are expensive or something

what

Cap booster 3200's are huge even for capitals

that's why you fill your ship hangar with itty filled with cap boosters m8

>Of course sir, here have fuckhueg cargo and feel free to cap forever.
>cap forever
except they can't. Every capital module caps them out, not even a titan can run an afterburner cap stable. They eat SO much cap that there is no "juggling" each module will cap you out.

As an alpha gallente, how would I realistically move about a caracal to convert into a Navy Issue version? Should I use caldari alt to make a contract to send it from one account to another and refund the price after? Or is there a significant tax to that?

pushx.net/ Use a courier contract if you must, but the navy caracal is shit.

sorry for not answering your question, but caracal navy issue is garbage

Noted, so probably not as good of an idea to sell as, say, a bundle of Navy Wasps? Or would Cap Booster 800s sell best, as it sounds like 3200s don't see much use?

fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/ See for yourself. Remember to check trade volume though, margins are irrelevant if your stuff never sells.

I don't understand the 5% volume column, is bigger or smaller numbers good? Also doesn't seem to be showing anything but basic implants, no actual faction stuffs?

where do i sell BPCs? every contract in jita seems to be a scam, so is there some kind of secret channel for selling bps?

I just got my accuracy rate up to 67% and my payouts didn't double. It it does double at some point it's higher than 65%.

5% of volume is 5% of the total volume to move through Jita that week

Big is good