Lexus F

Can Lexus F compete with BMW M and Mercedes-AMG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7AtXzca-zSY
youtube.com/watch?v=I6VrhW6J4Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=2fVY05-ouzM
youtu.be/KKvgT4Izj9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not unless they start racing more of their cars and develop some sort of identity.

Which way would they go? The hammer method of AMG or the more svelte way of M, with their straight sixes and such.

Are they trying to be a car for the mountain roads, or the track, or the highway?

Who would they appeal to? A lot of Lexus' are sold to very modest people who can appreciate quiet comfort with solid reliability. But it's almost impossible to build a racey sedan that is also nice and comfy, much less dead reliable like most of their line-up is (RX300s EVERYWHERE)

Their F program is just a badge for some tighter suspension and to show off the greatness that was the LFA.

bump

lexus F is fucking boring. I've test driven an Nx200t F sport and a GS350 F sport and the ONLY DIFFERENCE between those F sport models and the normal versions were suspension and brakes. That's it. No twin-turbo V8 instead of a v6 like AMG does, Lexus literally charges like $5000 extra for some fucking brakes, suspension, and a damn badge. F is a joke at this point in time.

As someone who owned an ISF but now owns an AMG and M3, in my opinion they don't compare. Still haven't quite got it. 08-10 ISF was awful. My 12 was a little better but nothing to write home about

>Can Lexus F compete with BMW M and Mercedes-AMG?

no, but i don't think that's the intention.

>F sport
>Not F
You got tricked.
Twice.

Bring back the IS-F you bastards!

well Im dumb. Sorry wrote that while I was really hungover. Didnt realize yall meant stuff like the IS-F and GS-F. I mean, they seem decent.

>"muh weight"
>less than half a second difference around track
>could easily release an RCF Spec II with less weight
>easier to drive
>more comfortable in traffic
>reliable

F is already winning.

yes. by 2020

I mean all your criticisms of the F-Sport package could be pretty equally applied to the M Sport shit and AMG Package/S line.

Overall, no.

///M and //////AMG currently have a much more diverse line up than Fフ.

////////////////////////////no//////////////they//////////don't/////////////////////////

>slower
>"could"
>F is already winning.

This.

LFA is no longer in production, dummy.

>Yamaha powered meme car from 5 years ago

>quarter of a second slower
>400lbs more
More car for the money and gives the same performance.

And?

M and AMG have had 5+ years to top it and yet they haven't.

A "diverse lineup" means diddly when the lineup is shit.

Nah I doubt it. They couldn't even win in formula 1.

The M4 GTS and the AMG GTR kills the LFA.
youtube.com/watch?v=7AtXzca-zSY

You win the internet for today my friend.

>A 2017 Mercedes is faster than a 2012 car

Wow dude.

Also isn't the M4 GTS slower?

The fastest LFA does 7:14.64. I don't see the M4 ahead of that.

This. Everyones knows though that every gotta go fast and luxurious car company is everyone wants to challenge Porsche.

>M and AMG have had 5+ years to top it and yet they haven't.
Did you even read to what I replied to.

>And?

The question OP asked is if they can compete. You're not competing by remembering past glories -- that's called reminiscing. The LFA is no longer in production and therefore is not relevant to the question.

Toyota never competed with MB or BMW, they think they did, but they never really did.
The F stands for FAIL.

Toyota is cars for stupid posers to impress other stupid posers.

>The LFA is no longer in production and therefore is not relevant to the question.
Truth be told, it never was.

You are still wrong because the M4 GTS is slower to the LFA.

what this guys says pretty much

lexus did not even make the lfa engine
and the bmw less power, much lower power to weight and 4 cylinders less

wait, burgerring in 7:27??

youtube.com/watch?v=I6VrhW6J4Bs

Monthly reminder

Nice cherry picking faggot

The fact is that the most performance oriented BMW M can't compete with the most performance oriented Lexus F

The Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package is the one you should be comparing but of course buthurt faggot is going to ignore that detail

youtube.com/watch?v=2fVY05-ouzM

Was it the best car Hiromu Naruse ever drove?

What did he mean by this?

You are comparing a stripped down BMW, tuned for raw performance with a regular LFA.

Try again.

bmw make alright cars but lol

>has to be in the ultimate race form
>can't be in race form
Are you always this retarded?

How about this: Only cars with engines made by the same car company that made the car can qualify.
>Sorry Toyota. You're disqualified.

Lmao and Toyota is asking BMW to produce their engines now
Lexusfags are literally cucked by BMW

BMW has asked Toyota to build the rest of the joint partnership car. Because BMW doesn't know howbto make something that doesn't fall apart after 50k miles.

BMW will be producing engines for Toyotas entry level cars (i.e Corollas) too, not only the joint partnership Supra.

Sure m4 is 3rd the price
But honestly
if you had them both for equal price you'd get the fucking LFA erry time over a generic bmw
Especially in europe.
Technically LFA is cheaper because BMW over 3 years requires you to rebuild the entire car 3 times.

Unsubstantiated rumor.

You are so buthurt that you are holding on to irrelevant details and forget that Bosch developed the water injection system of the M4 GTS.

Many German companies contribute to fundamental parts of the Mercedes and BMW cars. There is nothing wrong with that.

Just like a Japanese company like Yamaha contributed to the LFA.

Keep cherry picking irrelevant details and stay BTFO

Parents have a Bosch dishwasher in their kitchen. Mom hates it because it because the dishes never come out dry.

It's confirmed. Toyota can literally do nothing by themselves. Too stupid, too lazy.
The following brands are currently supporting Toyota:
>BMW
>Yamaha
>Subaru
>Mazda
>Suzuki
and more!

Tell me user, why is Toyota so pathetic and helpless?

>Can Lexus F compete with BMW M and Mercedes-AMG?

Well, they are already superior to BMW.

For a young car company, that's pretty impressive.

>superior to BMW.
>desperately needs BMWs expertise
pick one toytard

>young car company,
>Toyota
>Young
>Different from luxas
Toytards, everyone.

>desperately needs

It's just a joint venture between two automobile companies to make one car, no need to be over-dramatic here.

The car is not even out yet and you are already fun posting.

The LFA was Yamaha powered just like the McLaren F1 was BMW powered
Are you honestly comparing a water pump producer to an engine manufacturer
jesus talk about grasping at straws.

What does the LFA have to do with Lexus F?
LFA was co developed with Yamaha anyway Lol

Your iPhone is China-powered.

It takes a village, an international one, to produce consumer shit. Get over yourself.

A stripped, tuned for raw performance BMW lapped the Nurburgring in 6:11.13 actually
LFA BTFO
youtu.be/KKvgT4Izj9o

B T F O

BMW powered the worlds greatest supercar
Will toyotards ever recover???

Since you keep repeating your pathetic excuse I will point out this fact one more time.

2011 LFA Burger King Package: 7:14.64
2016 BMW Ultimate Cuck Mobile: 7:27.88

Most radical F > Most radical M

But it's still slower than an M4 with the DTM package

Stay cucked and BTFO

Ok, Hans.

LOL Toyota can't do it on their own!
Stay
BTFO
T
F
O

lol, stay assblasted

He just posted a non production, street-legal vehicle.

This is getting pathetic.

Spoiler: no

this guy gets it.
F sport is just a badge to make people think they're getting some worked up performance model of a luxury car.
Toyota doesn't want to go fast anymore unless it's environmentally friendly. Hence the lack of a turbo 86. The GS-F is the exception.

Toyota wont get the inline 6 engines.

t. BMW drivers

This is a disrespectful thread....

>Just like a Japanese company like Yamaha contributed to the LFA.
"Contributed"? How about the LFA is a paperweight without Yamaha. WIthout Yamaha Toyota would be eternally irrelevant in the performance world since the dawn of time. That's how needy the Toy is for outsourced talent. That's a huge difference from Bosch, an OEM part supplier, making a pump.

If you want a comfy car with muh naturally aspirated v8 they compete very well.

I guess that the rcf is kinda more like a personal luxury car.