Tell me why i should get an 07+ S2000/Barely used BRZ over this Veeky Forums

Tell me why i should get an 07+ S2000/Barely used BRZ over this Veeky Forums.

Been driving the 95 corolla for 2 years now as you guys have instructed. Ive saved 15 cash and can finance up to 25 at 3% as a first time borrower from my credit union. I only plan on financing the difference + 2k for a 100k mile wrrnty.

I cant decide between the 3. All i want is a fun weekender that can be dailyd when i dont feel like driving my shitbox. I make about 60k a year so id plan on having it paid off mid summer 2017. I was going to try for a 08 m3 v8 but i cant commit to financing over 20k.

nashville.craigslist.org/ctd/5924145039.html

Here is the ad for the one im lookin at. I found another in silver with 40k miles for 1k more but looks basic af.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-/322371972790?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4b0eddeeb6:g:3~0AAOSw44BYRZ-Q&item=322371972790
nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5885653392.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

370Z is super fucking unrefined.

>deafening road and wind noise will wear you out on journeys longer than 30 mins
>tons of rattles and shakes even when the car is brand new
>even the fucking shifter rattles about like there's no tomorrow in a literally brand new 370Z
>Power is not impressive in person as it is on paper
>"syncro rev match" is a meme and is no substitute for learning to downshift properly

Get the BR-Z instead.

just get w/e u want.. it doesnt fucking matter anyway. any car can be made to be good.

Any other ideas in the mid low 20s high teens? After i kept lookin at the z it looked like a no brainer. My first car was a 300NA and ive owned 2 350s but everything is baddass when your 16. I wasnt even into cars until my 20s

I would get the s2000 for the engine. I love its power delivery.

Not an S2000 either. It's a meme so don't fall for it. Better off getting an MX-5 ND if that's what you're into. Or get an NC and turbo/supercharge it.

>S2000 power """"delivery""""

What he means is that he loves not having any power until well after 5000RPM.

The real answer to this thread is get the newest WRX you can afford.

2011+ Mustang GT (Facelift S197)
You can get one in good condition for around that price, and the Coyote is a solid motor with good power output and reliability.

The suspension can easily be upgraded so it handles quite decently.

Also, for the price, you could get an older ~'07 GT500

ebay.com/itm/2007-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-/322371972790?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4b0eddeeb6:g:3~0AAOSw44BYRZ-Q&item=322371972790

If you're going to own 2 cars then maybe a 370Z might work.

Mind if I ask why you're going for another Z though? Was it because you really liked the 350Z and you want to stick with Nissan, or is it because the specs look good on paper? Because if it's the former then more power to you I guess. If it's the latter... I would seriously reconsider. Hell, buy a used BRZ and throw an electric supercharger at it for a few thousand extra (look it up, it's pretty legit) if you just want a fun eco-box to toss around.

If you intend to basically replace your Corolla and only keep it as a backup then I have to agree with and say just get a 2015+ WRX.

Was looking at a 2016 sti next to a 2010 m3 both priced in the low 30s but the end problem for me was the insurance per month was almost my estimated monthly payment. The brz and s2k were both 200 or less per month (im 22 1 accident) the 370 nismo was 275 which is fine for me but the m3 and sti were both 400+. I can afford that but its not practical for me because the misses wants a fiST... it would be easier to get 2 cars for the money if you get what im saying. As far as the WRX, for me id only be happy with the STI trim and revisions.

well all the power you ''"need"" is under 5000rpm for daily driving so for daily usage you save on gas

Only american car i was considering was a c6 but insurance is also retarted even tho its an afforadable car for me. Too many soildiers near me have mustangs...

My parents only ever bought honda/nissan/bmw and my dad has a 74 240. My first 350 was base automagic passed down from my mother, but as i started gaining interesr i traded for a manual and i enjoyed the hell out of it. I dont ever beat my cars up and im very meticulous so i never had issues aside from water pump failure on my old 300NA but that really got me into wrenching because holy fuck nissan v6 are cramped rusty knuckle slicing fuckers.

For my COROLLA. I bought her at 130k for 2k almost 2 years ago and shes now at 195k still going only issue was a burred alternator belt and a failing alternator. I expect atleast another 30-100k out of her before the tranny nades (automagic was bone dry when i finally inspected after about 500 miles of buying the car,nowadays there is no burning and tranny seems to be healthy for the past 60k miles.

>Getting cucked this hard by your car's power band

Yeah okay I don't drive like I'm on the track 24/7

Get a c6 Corvette. Those fuckers who say "hurr durr Murica can't make cars that turn or don't break down after 100 miles" are retarded. I fell for that meme, and it's completely untrue. The Corvette is objectively the best car for the money, and it has some of the best, cheapest, and most reliable ways to make more power if you need it. Plus, it's a great looking car.

The BRZ has an ass ugly interior like your typical Subaru (somehow the Toyota one is even worse), and if you think the 370z is down on power you're in for a really unpleasant surprise when you drive the BRZ.

Just keep driving beaters OP. If you're still financially in a position where you're "saving" for a car, you probably shouldn't buy it. My recommendation is buy whatever used car fits easily in your cash budget - they'll get better as you make more money. There's lots of stuff that's better than a 95 corolla but less expensive than a Z.

Dude, none of those are cars you spend all your money on to buy. Something like the S2000 is a hobby vehicle. There is no point in buying a 370, just get an older 350. They are a good buy right now.

Your best bet is the BRZ from that list...although I think you should just stick to your corolla for a little bit longer and figure your finances out first

>There is no point in buying a 370, just get an older 350
I'd seriously consider this. The 370 isn't that much of an upgrade compared to the 350 and 350s are really cheap now.

Get the s2000. Believe me, you wont need any other car in your life after you feel it.

Basic != Ugly :^)

I have a 370Z and have no idea what you're on about with the noises.

Road noise was bad on stock tires but after I got a decent set it went away.

No rattles in my car either.

370z owner chiming in. I've driven my buddy's BRZ and it is SLLLOOOWWW. If you're plan is to get a weeken sports car, it's not the brz. It felt very cheaply made. The 370z is very tight, corners like a champ, and has over 100 horses/tq over the brz.

To be fair, there was high road noise until I get some pricier tires. Now it's not so bad. The stock clutch I am not a fan of, but you get used to it.. or you can always upgrade the clutch, no big deal.

Go test drive them.

Why the fuck are you going to buy from a dealer and not private party?

Buy a c6 corvette.

nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5885653392.html

wow a sports car isnt a luxury car. IMAGINE THAT

you're not gonna be that happy with anything in that price range unless you really plan on sinking a pile of cash into the aftermarket

sweet spot is $50k, I'd say upgrade your corolla to a more powerful/comfy daily and save up another 2-3 years. You can probably get a nice slightly used 991 series 911 for that much by then.

`Keep the corolla and swap a 4age 20v manual transmission into it then turbo that fucker.

Loving the f20s power delivery... that's a first
Didn't know people like having less than 160hp for 6000rpm

All the turbo lag, without the turbo!

I own a BRZ and it feels really good coming from sub 100 HP econoboxes but if you've driven anything faster then you'll find the power underwhelming.