/ovg/ - rf1 is goat edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0pcGW3YoRrZ
youtu.be/Jg8WXZI0uys
genki.co.jp/
mega.nz/#!kNtl0YKY!FQRSnE0ECLe7ZdqEtt_Y6Cak5gL-BT5TvnLM7HXZw8s
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGT3_S4
get-good.net/index.php?title=User:Aspirations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for they're back
vocaroo.com/i/s0pcGW3YoRrZ

For the new thread

Is there any good theory resource on gear ratio tuning?

youtu.be/Jg8WXZI0uys
Relevantish video
Might help

>ranwec ded before we get to race le mans

who could have predicted this development?

Is there a link to the full version of the Ultimate GT3 Compilation? The Google Doc only has the lite version.

Are you hitting the rev limiter? Longer gears

Keep it that way and I will have won my first series. Do we really want that to happen?

Yeah I want it to happen. Then you will post more pics of your sister as a part for your celebration.

He should just post more pics anyways

Xtremefactor has it

Shame one of the few missing cars is my current fav GT3

is there a way to turn off the wheel in-game? for some reason in the GT3 cars the in-game wheel is not turning at the same rate as my real wheel. Is 900 rotation too much?

you can turn the wheel off in the options, or you can change how much the wheel turns in game in the controller.ini file, under the line "Steering Wheel Range"

yes, it's in the display settings.

where do i adjust wing? i don't see it in garage or i'm blind.

Go to garage, general and front and rear downforce is wing settingd

Tune the final drive ratio whenever possible, as it'll keep all the other gears in proportion. Get it so that you're close to hitting the limiter at the braking point of the fastest section; for example, if tuning for the Nurburgring GP track, you want to be nearly banging the limiter as you hit the braking point for T1. I say nearly because you still want a wee bit in reserve if the track is fast/long enough to get any meaningful drafting action.

Is this normal and is there a file that I need to delete?

Delete coreshaders.mas

sɐɯ˙sɹǝpɐɥsǝɹoɔ ǝʇǝןǝp

contact OVG ANONYMOUS CUTOMER SERVIS

>not Spork Juct PC Repair

tags
SJ Spork Juct SporkJuct Adrian Krieger Shadow Government Cipher La Li Lu Le Lo The Patriots

i gave him a ring but everytime i asked him about my problem he just said
>not using windows xp
>not playing the crew

Wasn't there an /ovg/ number plate

Does rfactor have the most realistic physics?

There was but it got chased out

>genki.co.jp/
Ya'll niggas bodies ready?

mega.nz/#!kNtl0YKY!FQRSnE0ECLe7ZdqEtt_Y6Cak5gL-BT5TvnLM7HXZw8s
I'm not even sure what's in this file anymore

Look at that pic, its gonna be a shitty phone game

IT'S STILL GENKI YOU FAT SACK OF SHIT

HYPE

somebody pop this on the doc

go back to your filename faggot

>1:27.10

I am so excited. I hope I can actually play it.

Arigato

After a thorough examination and testing of all the cars of the GT3 mods, here is the veredict:

Morgan is shit

Bentley is T H I C C

End of testing.-

the morgan feels fast but then you look at your lap times and you're way off the other cars

>b-but is so AESTHETIC

so the audi is worth half a second off your next fastest car's laptimes right out of the box. pretty funny

Hardly surprising, it's more Ultra™ than the other cars

I like when someone said the best cars were just a few tenths faster at Lime Rock, like that isn't like 1-2s at a normal track.

Can't we just contact OVG ANONYMOUS CUTOMER SERVIS and let them know of the bop issues?

>series idea that started out as a shitpost which was then thrown together in a few hours that uses a shoddy barely functioning mess of a compilation of multiple cars from multiple ISImotor games off of a mexican rfactor website
>expecting any sort of balance

And it'll still be fun so who gives a shit. Just pick a different car if you think its too slow.

I thought that's what all this testing was? To balance the cars?

So, this whole "better tyre simulation, night and rain" thing is nice and all, but man, almost every track in rF2 looks like shite. And the layouts are fucked up too.

The best rf2 track is a AC rip.

I expected nothing else, I just laughed that he treated it like a small amount.

no

But you're Anonymous aren't you? Why don't you do it since you're the series organizer?

Based on the current liveracers times, only the top 4 drivers will finish on the lead lap

That doesn't account for cosmo and james wiping each other off the track and/or ragequitting

Hey, what are the ports for hosting an rfactor 2 server?

get good

>Bathurst 2.0 when James gets taken out by a backmarker that can barely drive

Taking bets, how many races until he has an autistic ragefit?

I'd love to, but I'm not the Anonymous you're looking for.

He already had one yesterday

When is he just going to end all our suffering and just hang himself?

Yes you are. You're Anonymous.

No you're Anonymous.

No I am

Those are purely hotlaps, real race pace will probably be somewhere in the 50s to mid 49s.

Wiki page is up get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGT3_S4

Yeah but the deltas will be similar to some extent

why don't we just exclude him from the results, nobody wants him here anyway

>"haha guys it's supposed to be fun"
>autism master instantly picks the fastest car anyway

why is this guy allowed to live

In the .veh file of the custom skin for OVGT3, what do I put as the Class and Category?
Or can I just send the skin without a .veh file?

>stop not having my own personal definition of fun

>Just be aware some cars are (much) slower than others and balancing will not be done.

see
he's very clearly not having anyone's definition of fun.

how to stop a ME car like the 488 from oversteering on corner exit? I just want to be stable and not crash

don't mash the throttle when the steering wheel is still cranked over 90 degrees.

Try one notch less rear anti roll bar as well

well I can do that with the audi and merc

Because those are different cars.

that operate on a seemingly different planet's atmosphere and gravity

Theres 60something cars just pick something else. Or try to change the setup to get the oversteer out.

get-good.net/index.php?title=User:Aspirations

I detached it. here we go

I think he knows what he's doing

Hey that's me

This is highly uncalled for and rude to the actual best girl.

ANNA SIZEMORE

Were the physics for this mod ported from GRID

No, Mexico - the wall isn't built yet.

but dude there's 60 cars omg look at them all

And all except the Audi R8, Mercedes AMG and SEAT Cupra are shit.

as much as I want to jump on the bandwagon and spam bop, cosmo and james are both accomplished sim racers whereas the rest of us are mostly plebs messing around in a pirated copy of rfactor.

it isn't about them having the best overall laptimes since like you said it is hard to compare our various skills, but a small amount of the cars are easily faster than the rest

I'm more accomplished than both of them. It's shit.

Not to mention that Cosmo and James intentionally pick these cars just to lord it over everyone else.

This sort of makes sense though. I mean a viper comp. coupe from 2006 obviously wont keep up to the brand new BMW sedan.

so why point to the inflated car choice as a positive thing if it is admittedly meaningless?

so people who know they wont have a shot at wining can still enjoy driving a car they think is cool.

we tried the opposite in ovgsc where the cars were identical but you only had a choice between peugeot or chevy and attendence dropped tons each race.

it has 700hp unrestricted, the reason it cant keep up is that the SRO uses the BoP system to make old cars useless and force teams to buy the new shit

RUDE
U
D
E

Please no bully the viper

I'm going to slam choke you nerds, shut the fuck up or your banned.

I don't know why everyone is getting all uppity and pissed at what's happening on ovgt3, I'm only getting 51s with my fastest laps and I'm just having fun, it shouldn't be a serious thing, it's so we can have a good time, it shouldn't matter if some cars are faster than the others, as long as it's a good race and good fun I don't see why people should complain, I'm just happy I've managed to make at least 3 laps in a row before spinning out. Just have fun with it lads no need to be serious at all