Best car for this race?

The Race Of Gentlemen

A bunch or 20's hipster-fucks racing on a beach, thinkin, they;re all cool and shit.

What would be an entry that fits the rules and would turn some heads.

Entry Rules:

The Race of Gentlemen “Competition” Car Specs
All entrees must be pre-approved and must comply with the spirit of the event.

Year: Car body must be 1934 or older, American made only
Engine: 1948 or older, American made (1949-1953 Ford flatheads are acceptable) No stock 1949 Overhead Valves are excepted.
Fuel: Gas only, no Alcohol or Nitro
Running gear: 1953 and older. No modern transmissions, disc brakes, alternators, etc.
Additional requirements and restrictions: No headlights, no white wall tires, no Fenders on hot rods (some very early-teens racers and speedsters may be exempt but must be pre approved). Cars must have visible race numbers.
Paint- Period paint that emulates the time period. No late model graphics, No vinyl stickers or emblems, etc. Cars can be shiny or old paint.

Non Competition Classes
Half of our race weekend is dedicated to bracket racing of the competition classes, but the other half consists of:
Grudge match: run for fun, race your friends, banger vs V8, sprint car vs motorcycle etc., anything goes.
Exhibition Class: This is also a run for fun class reserved for unique or historically significant vehicles.

*If you want to enter a pre ‘53 six or twelve cylinder motor and your car is approved, you can run as exhibition only.

Competition classes
4 bangers: (4 cylinder American made motors. Flathead and Overhead conversions compete in the same class)
V8’s: (8 cylinder factory flathead American made motors prior to 1953. Flathead and Overhead conversions compete in the same class) No, 1949 factory OHV are accepted.
Heritage Class: (This class is for cars and motors that were American made prior to 1920, ie. Duesenberg, Stutz, Speedsters, Indy cars etc.)

That's unbelievably autistic

The P-38 first flew in '39. So with a flathead they'd better let this in.

This fits the rules,

I think...

If it rolls off the beach it also just becomes a submarine!

Get's a thumbs up from me.

willies jeep with a simple 2-lobe roots blower set up in a pull through configuration.

>Car
Probably a T-bucket or period midget racer. Lightest is bestest.
>Engine
Offenhauser. Biggest you can get away with, lose some compression to run it on leaded race gas. Bonus points for an 8:1 static CR combined with a big Roots blower.

>All entrees must be pre-approved and must comply with the spirit of the event.
They're a bunch of wankers then.

>*If you want to enter a pre ‘53 six or twelve cylinder motor and your car is approved, you can run as exhibition only.
Fuck it, strap two Allison V12's behind each other, with a '32 shell in front and a T bucket behind it.

I think they left a loophole in there for jet engines.

>*If you want to enter a pre ‘53 six or twelve cylinder motor and your car is approved, you can run as exhibition only.
Fuck you. You're just salty that your horse shit prewar V8s would get sand in the face against a proper engine. What a bunch of autismal fucks.

>no sixes
literally fucking why

turn up in a throrobred yuropean sports car and laugh at them

The motorcycle requirements are arguably worse than the car requirements

The below specs are for motorcycles from 1930 – 1947:

Year: 1947 or older. American made only
Engine: 1947 or older. Knucklehead, Flathead, or other American Overheads. No aftermarket motors, S&S, etc.
Carburetor: Period Carburetors. Linkert or factory carb. No late model carbs. No Mikunis, S&S, etc.
Transmission: Period transmission. No blatantly late model or aftermarket transmissions
Shifting: Period Hand Shift, Foot Clutch only. No “Jockey” style ratchet lids, No “Cheater” hand clutches.

Harley – Tank shift only.
Indian or other American Motorcycle – Tank shift or Factory off the transmission (i.e. Indian Scouts)

Frame: Harley – OEM Rigid, Indian – OEM Rigid or stock spring rear (40-47), Other American brands – OEM frames

Forks: Period Forks. Harley Springer, Indian Girder or Leaf Spring. Hydraulics (i.e vard) must be pre-approved
Wheels: Period wheels and hubs. No late model hubs. No aluminum wheels.
Brakes: Period Mechanical Drum. No disk brakes, or modern drum
Tires: Period tires with period tread- Aggressive OK (i.e. Grasshopper, Firestone ANS) No motocross knobby, paddle style, or modern tread tires permitted. No white walls.
Paint: Period paint that emulates the time period. No late model tank graphics, emblems, etc. Bikes can be shiny or crusty as long as they are Period Correct.
Number Plates or Painted Numbers: Period Number Plates with racing number clearly visible on both sides of the bike and front fork (if possible). Period style number plates. No yellow plastic Motocross plates with zip ties. Paint or shoe polish on both sides of the gas tank is OK if you can not do plates.

Or better yet some 70's nipshit like a Datsun 510

Fedora: the race.

>race of gentlemen
>muh murikan hot rawd heritage

this makes no sense

that said I will think up what car and shit I would use in a bit

>Car body must be 1934 or older, American made only

American Bantam Roadster

>1948 or older, American made (1949-1953 Ford flatheads are acceptable) No stock 1949 Overhead Valves are excepted.

Ardun equipped 268 Flatty for muh "revs"

>Gas only, no Alcohol or Nitro

k

>1953 and older. No modern transmissions, disc brakes, alternators, etc.

LaSalle transmission, 4.11 Banjo rear end

>Additional requirements and restrictions

take some shit off

probably not the fastest but fuck it

>Best car for this race?
Go to a real race.

Why would you do this.

from their site

>The Race of Gentlemen is an automotive carnival that celebrates American racing heritage. A true homage to automobile and motorcycle history

I like the way this guy thinks

Yeah I was imediately thinking American Bantam or Crosley. These Model A jackamos wouldn;t know WTF they were.

Suck my 12,000 horsepower dick hipsters.