Cheap cars you can't get

What are some cars under $10k that you really like but can't get for whatever reason? Explain why you like the car and why it's not accessible to you. I'll start

>Geo Tracker or one of its identical alternatives
I just love the little off road go kart design that you can take on the street. And the top comes off for those nice days.
>why I can't get one
I live in the rust belt and these are made out of compressed rust in the first place so finding one that isn't going to fall off the frame going around a corner is pretty much impossible here

Other urls found in this thread:

montumotors.com/vehicles
japaneseclassics.com/inventory/
moto2imports.com/inventory/
rmdmotors.com/bikes-for-sale/
alphacars.com/web/inventory/?sort_by=price
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5929373413.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5899037797.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Del Sol. Finding a rust free one that also is manual with a decent engine is impossible anymore

not enough garage space
might be able to get one by february if my land lord does anything to the god damn ukranians

I will never have a micro-NSX

there are so many kawaii jap/euro econoboxs that i like and are cheap as fuck, but getting them shipped to the US is more expensive than the car. life as an amerifat is suffering.

those are legal now in burger land iirc
i saw a criagslist ad

I can find plenty of rust free options but they end up being like 5000 or something ridiculous.

Yea but getting them into the country drains your wallet, to a point you could have gotten something else. Maybe after letting someone else bite the import fees it would be worth it

I'm trying to find a 2000 to 2002 corolla. Has the VVTi 1zz engine before they got pigfat in 03. Whats the kicker? Looking for one in manual.

So three years only and manual in non rusty condition is tough. 99% of them are automatics.

the ad had 2 of them
5k each i think,not really sure

aren't there any companies out there that can find a euro/jap car i like, buy it, and ship it to me? why is it so hard to find someone to buy me a shitbox off euro-craigslist and do some paperwork?

there's shipping companys
they mostly do jap imports but i'm sure there's a company that can import from europe
what do you want to buy?

>Lexus IS300.

I've always liked this car. It was so well rounded. Comfort, potential, looks. I wish I had bought one when I was younger.

>why I can't buy it
The engine it comes with is okay, but could of been better. Either the 2JZ-GTE or the BEAMS 3SGE. It's also old enough and rare enough to not be worth owning/modifying for me anymore. I'd love to do a swap of some sort, but I want a different lexus now.

I had a 2003 Vitara, dunno why you can't find one since it's one of the most licensed cars ever made.

>Asüna Sunrunner
>Chevrolet Tracker
>Chevrolet Vitara
>Geo Tracker
>GMC Tracker
>Mazda Proceed Levante
>Pontiac Sunrunner
>Santana 300/ 350
>Suzuki Vitara
>Suzuki Sidekick

long time ago, friend of mine had a chevy tracker and it took him a minute to put it together, since the outside was different enough but the inside was identical.

like an 80's fiat or suzuki

i'd get something that sold in the US at one point so that parts aren't a total pita
if you want 80s suzuki
there's usdm of these,huge aftermarket for pretty much anything you need
you can drop it and put on tiny wheels for a swift with awd

I hear you all on importing stuff. I'm in the US and I want a pontiac firefly turbo.

Thing is its not really worth it to import an old shitbox.

Haha. Come to Colorado and buy one. Here's mine.

Got it for $2000 with 114k. Put a small lift and wheels/tires/manual hubs. Stomp all over the CO backwoods.

These companies import cars and motorcycles from japan.

montumotors.com/vehicles

japaneseclassics.com/inventory/

moto2imports.com/inventory/

rmdmotors.com/bikes-for-sale/

This company imports cars and motorcycles from russia.

alphacars.com/web/inventory/?sort_by=price

this is the one

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5929373413.html

Subaru SVX

>Available between $3000-11000 In Australia
>3.3L NA flat 6
>4WD
>great styling and performance mixture IN MY OPINION

Reason i wont own one ( unless i become very wealthy)
>only available in automatic
>rare
>overly complicated
>parts and service are very expencive

Older turbo molars from the 80s

>Sleepers. Obd 1. Easy to mod and to wrench on. Mid 20s fuel economy.
>>cash for clunkers.

RWD Volvo. Especially 2xx series.

>dead nuts reliable. Rugged af. Non interference engine. Easy to +T. Wagons for utility. The easiest car I've ever worked on/diagnosed.
>>fuggin hipsters. I live in Nashville.

Manual 740 turbo, preferably a wagon

>hardly ever see 740s for sale
>when I do they're all NA auto
>have seen a couple manual turbo 740 sedans for sale, but they were pieces of shit
>saw one manual turbo 740 wagon for sale but the guy wanted like $9,000 or something crazy like that for it because it was a mint condition, low mileage one owner.

Every one around here is either over priced, ate up with miles or fuckboy modded

Why 740, between 240/740/940, it had the weakest engine.

>9000
>mint condition
>low mileage
>one owner

WOULD

You could probably just pick up a cheap Suzuki Swift or Geo Metro and do a conversion.

The idea of an old, turbo, manual, rwd wagon is appealing to me. Just randomly checked CL right now, and there's actually one for sale a couple hours from me. 4 speed with overdrive, turbo wagon. It looks like it's in decent shape but it has almost 270k miles, and I'm not really in a position financially to buy it. Maybe one day.

They all had b230 derivatives dumbass

Isuzu impulse. Lotus suspension, turbocharged, AWD, commonly sells for less than 3 grand.

Only 800 ever sold

Mitsu 3KGT TT or even an MR version.
>gut the thing,remove the active aero and anything to reduce the weight by at least 300lbs
>find as much 90's era parts like bumpers and maybe put the older pop up era 1st gen front clip on it
Might sound crazy but sounded better thinking it.

kek, I thought I was the only one who knew about AlphaCars. They always have neat stuff but I dunno whether their prices are good or not since I don't have a frame of reference to work with

Non molested 90s Honda
>Lives in Canada

That's nice, one that clean would be double here at minimum

>seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5929373413.html

theres one for you

So let's say you buy a car from one of these sites. Are you buying it from another country and stuck with thousands more in import fees? Or are they already in the US and have all their paperwork already in order?

err

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5899037797.html

the second one. those are out the door prices minus the shipping from the port to your house if you don't come pick it up yourself

if this little guy was 2k cheaper i might jump on it.

Toyota Sera. There was one up for $9k awhile back. Coolest shitbox ever made. Couldn't justify it because they really are shitboxes with poverty spec everything

Hmm interesting, I figured all the taxes and whatnot would drive prices higher than that.

Thanks

I'll trade you a 2002 subaru legacy with same amount of miles for that fucking thing.

I cannot find one in clean shape that is manual in Iowa.

the rust belt has the worst used car market in america

t. ohio

Good luck. In Canada here there is none for sale

C3 Corvette. I love the way they look but mechanically they are fucking garbage and I dont want to deal with the hassle.

>I live in the rust belt
That sums up every interesting and considerably fun vehicle ever made here in Michigan.

This summer I'm taking my paid vacation down to New Mexico/Arizona/wherever to buy an enjoyable shitbox at a fair price.

Looks very similar to a Mazda MX3