Veeky Forums lets get serious for a second. Why are you doing all this...

Veeky Forums lets get serious for a second. Why are you doing all this? Why are you striving to be wealthy and be considered "Successful"? Is it some sort of obligation? Do you have a burning passion to be the best version that you can be economically? Or is it that you think that being able to buy the best "stuff" will make you happy? Maybe its one of the above. Why?

i want to be able to eat healthy, not have to worry about bills, have a decent capability to live life

So you're after the bare-bones of living with no obligations. How about a bit beyond that? Like maybe getting a supercar for wow factor

I want to pursue things that I find pleasure in, and to be able to afford my pilots licence one day.

Also, security. Living week to week is terrifying and I'm always stressed.

I had no plan. I was a lazy bastard always looking for better ways to work less and still survive. Over enough time you can accidentally yourself into a modicum of comfort just by optimizing your situation whenever possible.

1) want to spend zero time in my life thinking about basic life support. Food/Shelter/etc. one of the greatest moments of my ascendency with regard to income was when I realized I bought groceries and payed phone bills and never even looked or considered the price.

2) I wanted success personally because I love working and forward progression. I dream of owning a business that runs 24/7 that I can go see operating at noon or 2am.
Fundamentally I wanted to accelerate my income and build a business that was successful so I can prove prior employers they took my for granted, friends and family that they underestimated me.

3) I have mild success. I'm well over average but I'm not trump rich. I am not satisfied with having a nice home and a newer car. I want to have an absurd home, tons of cars and hobby items. I don't know how much $ that is. But I won't be fully satisfied till I get there.

I just want to retire early. That simple goal is still really difficult, so I'm busting ass trying to make it happen

I make money so I can live a care-free life and actually focus on the shit i love. For example, one of the things i love is cars, i clicked this thread simply because of the EVO in OP. I'd like to open up a garage in the future and modify/race cars all i fucking want, which is actually a viable business in many places around the world except for my shitty country, because there isn't a demand, we don't even have proper racing tracks ffs. So i might as well make enough money right now to chase my dreams in the future.

This guy KNOWS what it's about.

Good work.

For the sport... It's actually a challenge when the entire planet is fighting for a dollar and every second of every day contains some modicum of pressure to bleed you out. Don't really know what I'll do once the financial goals are met.

Have PPL - put aside 20K and smash it out (Even less in literally any other country - i'm talking about 20k AUD) - if you can fly twice a week that's enough consistency to get it within a year

I already owe $20k. I need to become financially stable first. I suppose I could beg one of the Veeky Forumsillionaires to bail me out though.

Baby steps.

i want a gf. im the ugliest, shortest sob you would ever see in your life if you met me and this is the only path i have to make my dream come true

1.) Security. If everything fails, i know that i can keep up my lifestyle without worrying about how to stay warm when winter approaches. I've been there and i'd rather kill myself than go back to living like that.

2.) I don't know what to do with my life. Lost my family, only have some friends that moved to other cities ect. Why wouldn't i focus on working hard?

3.) My mindset is pretty fucked.
>Do i gain something, while doing this?
>a) No. Find something worthwhile.
>b) Yes. Do it until something better pops up.

I'm Veeky Forums as well, and despite all the autism on my home board at its core Veeky Forums is about self improvement and to me getting smarter about finance and making money is part of truly making it.

It's fun
I don't care about what it buys beyond a roof over my head

Because financial freedom leads to all kinds of freedom. Including the kind that gets you out of your parent's house.

Mr. Robot took all the good jobs while Mr. Banker legally steals my money with bank fees and interest. I'm forced to pay Mr. Government taxes to pretend to care, but he doesn't even bother.

So you'll forgive me if I feel that I have to use the devil's tools to legally steal from Mr. Banker using his own methods just to get the promise of independence that is shoved down my throat every day. If this is the path to hell, so be it.

t.wagefag innawoods mc poorfag

Independency and comfort.

As another user said, I don't want to have to ever have to consider the price of the most basic of needs, such as grocery and bills.

I don't want to work for another person, it's the ultimate cuckery. The feeling of having to work for someone who is inferior to me in every possible way - physically, intellectually, morally- is excruciating.

Being poor sucks. And it's all a game anyway, might as well win.

I'm into Botanics and Philosophy,I just want to be rich in order to break the system,but I have everything I need for free

I don't strive for fancy stuff. I want to be free by my own definition.

In a word?
>feedom.

Want freedom of this wagecuckery. I like my job and it pays well. But why not make 10 or even 100 times what I make? A new car would be cool but for me I'd rather build and 80s model square body check than a lambo. Want a few acres of junk to tinker with. Want a descent house for my wife. Wanna pay a bitch to clean my house once a week. Wanna pack the car down and take a 5 day trip to vegas since I been there 15 times in a truck and couldn't stop.

Want the comfort of knowing that if someone gets sick or hurt like I did and they laid up for a year I can pay them like they never missed a day.

Freedom op.

That and the well being of my family and friends is it for me.

I have a couple of reasons for amassing wealth.

>Power
After having studied the governments of the world rather briefly, I came to the conclusion that they need someone to fund it, and are willing to lend a hand whenever I need it. Not to mention that their is great power within money itself.

>Extended Life
Dying sucks, so why settle for an early death? It is my hope that I can gather enough money and resources to fund R&D for life extending surgeries and other such procedures. Perhaps I could just go the simpler route and just pay doctors to replace my organs with younger, more functional ones.

life is a game and money is how we keep score.

>Don't really know what I'll do once the financial goals are met.
do you ever notice that holds you back? For some reason i feel once the goals are met, i'm gonna be miserable. then what?

Then why is it that so many wagecucks can't open there eyes and get the big picture? Once that switch is flipped on in your head, you can do anything.

Sorry mate but life extension is a meme.
Your arteries, neurons, spinal cord, etc... won't be getting any younger. People are supposed to die at one time or another, not live forever like amoebas. The closes you can come to immortality is to make a kind - so find a chick and get it on.

Wait, so I can't get my arteries and spine replaced through surgery? And I can't just use stem cells on my brain to get more neurons?

If we can upload our brains into the cloud then we can leave these fragile bodies. Google Ray Kurzweil, he says that the technology to do that should be here by 2045.

Pussy.

Because you are never truly free unless you are financially free.

Being rich is true freedom. No worry about bills, no shitty job you have to spend your life at, no stress over how much money you have.
I want to have freedom and also to experience the satisfaction of making that freedom for myself.

I think thats why almost everyone wants to be rich

This 100%. Google luck bro

Well said user

F R E E D O M

it's all about lucking out in your 20's

wagecucking to get "freedom" at age 50 = might aswell kill yourself

i want to get rich to get revenge on society. it's just a game. i'm not really a materialist. i would be perfectly content to drive pic relateds for the rest of my life. whatever.

>Ray Kurzweil
oh boy, can't wait.

i we become billionaires, then we can download our brains into robot bodies and blast off into outer space.

No, you can't.

Laziness and lack of drive. If breaking out of the system was easy everyone would do it.

I honestly just want to bust my ass and live extremely frugally until I have enough in stocks and bonds to have a pretty reliable dividend stream. The goal being financially independent enough to not have to work in a stressful job I don't like. I think around 200 or 250k invested I'll feel comfortable enough to get out of my field which, admittedly, I don't enjoy very much but it pays well. Only 10 more years.

I have very detailed plans on how to furiously troll a few particular group of hyper faggots but it requires a lot of money.

because everyone here was a loser in school and they want to become rich to show all the kids that ignored/bullied them how successful they are and make them jealous.

First thing that has to happen, gotta figure out how to store consciousness

I want the freedom that only extreme wealth can give you. My life is already satisfying as is, but it can always be better

To be honest I don't think we'Il ever solve the problem of proving continuity of consciousness through something like a brain upload. If the you uploaded online isn't the same "you" that inhabits your body (and there's no conceivable way to prove such a thing) then what's the point?

Evolution. retardo

Sure, but "you" end up dead either way at the end of it. Life extension was the point of the conversation.

You will meet a goal, you will enjoy it briefly. You will enjoy the rush and ego boost of the accomplishments. While you will enjoy the item or thing you acquired, you will generally not care about it.

You set greater goals and if you accomplished/acquired something useful, you can now use it to aid in your next goals accomplishment.

I've just kind of accepted that it's the little victories on the way, the big ones are only miserable because they come with the end.

What said. That plus I know I'm happiest when I'm in flow and progress is being made

Because making money feels good

Closing a big deal is the best rush I'll ever feel

this.

free cocaine, only better. nothing beats the feeling of closing a million dollar deal. Or even a quarter million dollar deal 5 times over.

Only dream car I ever want to own is a GTR at some point, and I know I'll end up selling it eventually

>doing it all at once
>not doing it in the manner of Thesus's ship
I'd be like the cybernetic tin man.

I don't want to be a slave to my boss, fighting for the crumbs left over after he's taken his share

This was a powerful post, i appreciate it user

About to buy a yellow huracan and for good reasons.
1. Show up at my old shit waiter job before i got figured it out.
2. Rev it for anyone who wants to hear it, cool, i'm not in a hurry. i like making people happy
3. It fucking flys dude
Just a few more months! (20 yrs btw)

You can Theseus ship your brain by replacing neurons with a technological equivalent, but there's still no way to prove actual transfer of consciousness in a theoretical brain upload. Either it's a cloning situation where now you have two separate consciousness or a Star Trek teleporter type situation where the original gets deconstructed and reconstructed, in which case there's no way to prove it's actually the same consciousness at the end.

I want to eat and i don't like ramen.