Is the Si a meme machine?

Is the Si a meme machine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iTxa6F0AXo
topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/civic-type-r/20-vtec-turbo-type-r-gt/first-drive
youtube.com/watch?v=XeGAmcLYGQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never seen that meme.

Co-worker with a Si wants to race my Fiesta ST. Who will win?

The spectators as they die laughing watching two retards in FWD econoboxes "race"

OP here, I don't have my own copy-pasta anymore, but it went something like this:

>At stoplight in my Integra
>Cobalt SS (I think, I don't remember anymore) pulls up
>Revs engine
>Rev back
>It's on motherfucker
>Get ready
>Light turns green
>Drop clutch
>Blood pumping
>Hands sweating
>Oh yea, fast second, coming up on dat redline
>See a cop car
>OH SHIT
>Nothing happens
>Realize that to the cop it wasn't a race, just two shitboxes barely doing the speed limit

Anyway, is it true that the SI engine is pretty reliable even when compared to normal Civics?

K-series is bulletproof.

Fiesta.
As much as I love the Civic Si, it really does have a retardedly short powerband.
That power band is the reason why it lags behind competitors with similar power.
Example:
2006 Honda Civic Si:
0-60: 7.2 seconds
1/4 mile: 15.1 seconds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
0-60: 6 seconds flat
1/4 mile: 14.5 seconds

The Civic makes 197 HP, while the Cobalt makes 205, so close enough to make virtually no difference. The Civic makes 139 ft-lbs of torque while the Cobalt makes 200 ft-lbs, so that's a large difference.
>but N/A versus supercharged!
fuck off. It doesn't matter
The Civic redlines at 8,000 RPM and doesn't hit the powerband until 5800 RPM.
The Cobalt meanwhile redlines at 7,000 RPM, and hits the powerband around 3000 RPM.
The Cobalt has a more consistent and longer power band, helping it put its power down much better

Good to hear.

Muh Honda reliability though. Honestly, otherwise I would just get a Z or a Mustang.

You forgot to mention that the Cobalt is also a piece of shit.

The Cobalt had shit build quality, yes, and the interior was cheap enough to have been rejected by Fisher Price, but that still doesn't change the fact it was a performance bargain.

>Muh Honda reliability though.
GM's Ecotec engines are just as bulletproof as the Honda K-series. In fact, the supercharged Cobalt engine I mentioned was on Ward's 10 best engines list in 2006.

Is it really that good?
The Civic's engine is pretty worn. . .

>200 hp to da wheels
>lighter than Toyobaru
>meme

Post 2000 they got fat, ugly, and lost DWS at the front. K series and LSD are nice, though.

The problem with 2001+ Civics isn't that they went from double wishbones to macpherson struts.
Everyone uses macpherson struts. The problem isn't weight either. 2001+ Civics have always been on the light side for their class. You forget 2001+ Civics were classified as compacts while 1970's-2000 Civics were classified as sub-compacts, which was the same size class as the Toyota Tercel.

Looks are subjective. If anything, the EF and older Civics are the ugliest.

The problem with 2001+ Civics is actually only specific to 2001-2005 Civics and DC5 Integras/RSXs. The switch to macpherson struts is fine and good. The problem is the geometry of it.

The geometry was fixed with the 2006 redesign.

It seems that the consensus is that the Si is an excellent commuter.

Yes, without the fanboi tax.

I had a Cobalt.

It's an alright platform for a performance car and the Ecotec is a tough engine. Otherwise though, you're right. It's junk. It's the worst car I've ever owned.

As much as I hate to admit it, those fucking K24s can really go fast. Still, the car looks lime shit but it's pretty decent.

>tfw my integra GSR from 1995 has a faster 0-60 time than a civic SI with a 2.0 (compared to my 1.8) from 12 years after it was built
Wow

And your gsr doesn't even have LSD, more limited VTEC, and uses a fucking distributor.

How did Honda fuck up so hard.

you literally just disproved yourself

>n/a versus supercharged/ fuck off doesn't matter
>cobalt has a more consistent and longer power band
Ya because of the supercharger

Race a civic Si against a non-SS supercharger and the civic wins all day every day you turdburgler

I drive a 2009 Si coupé on the regular. Pretty fun daily and reliable

Honda Civic Si 0-60 mph 6.2 | Quarter mile 14.7
So

when i owned an old Accent my dream was to race someone in a Toyota Echo.

imagine all eight of those tiny tires just buzzing, less than two hundred total horsepower between us as we scream down the city streets.

>it doesn't matter

isn't that the point of a supercharger, to add power all over the powerband vs a 4 banger that only gets power up in the top of the rev-range?

you didn't think that out all the way

I've had a base model cobalt 5sp coupe. Mega shitbox

>Race the Si versus a slower car and it will win

Well no shit.

>race against a slower car and it'll win
The point here was that they make similar power. Hondatards often argue torque doesn't matter, and in some cases that's true. But not all as they claim.

wew lad you're just full of insight

Fiesta ST will have more fun

If the Si driver actually knows how to drive he'll easily win

Neither of us know how to drive. Let's assume we're equally bad.

>Rear beam axle

Meant for

Be honest, did your roof peel yet?

What year? This is important. 2012 or newer with the K24Z7 it may be close.

2006-2012 best Si.

Oh dear god a kid in my highschool had one of these
>Blue, full-body plasti-spray
>All lights smoked
>Slammed with rusted chrome rims
>Rear quarter panel looked like the bottom of a crunch bar
>Windows tinted heavily as per tradition
>Blue-tipped 6in diameter fart can
>7 stickers x 30hp each = +350hp boost

It's a 2014.

I think his K24 is stock, my EcoBoob is boosted to 235HP.

how many stickers did that take?

So, can the Si make real power?

I mean stickers as a given, but what next?

>I mean stickers as a given, but what next?
camshafts and a supercharger.

Stock for stock I'd take a the Si but you i'd bet you would edge him since you have 30 extra horsepower. It would probably come down to who can launch and shift better

Been debating between a FiST and an SI, either the older one with the K20 or the newer one with the K24. I just want a reliable DD street brawler that's maneuverable in tight spots and weaving through traffic in the shitty San Francisco streets.

Why not Cobalt SS Turbo and wreck EVERYTHING?

I need 4 doors, but the SS cobalt doesn't look half bad.

Why not an Audi S4 V8 for the same price? Oh right, because both of those fall apart after 10k.

2009 Cobalt SS Turbo was available as a sedan. They made around 600 or so but it was a production model for that ONE model year.
youtube.com/watch?v=9iTxa6F0AXo

If they only made about 600 then I won't really have the patience to wait around for one that's in decent shape.

zip code?

that's 2 generations asshat

>Is the Si a meme machine?

what did he mean by this?

Nope

They're slow and trash
>if I had to drive a civic it'd be a fa5si

very cute! mines white but i wish i got a dark color

Is the Si badge supposed to be tilted like that?

Wasn't the Neon SRT-4 even better for performance:price?

compared to the SS Supercharged stock for stock. The SS Turbo blows it away though and the supercharged car doesn't take much to add more power.

94116. I'm already sort of wary going for american, I've only had Japanese my whole life so I'm trying to convince myself towards an Si over a FiST right now

>And your gsr doesn't even have LSD
The car makes less than 140lbft of torque, the lack of LSD isn't a huge deal but yeah it would be nice.
>more limited VTEC
No fucking shit, an older version of a technology isn't as good? who would have thought? It was a good system for it's time and was way ahead of most other VVL systems.
>uses a fucking distributor.
Why is that bad? The stock distributors work fine for way more power and RPM than the engines are designed for, coil on plug is obviously "better" but they work just fine.

well, scratch it off the list. The closest sedans for sale are 2000 miles away from you.

I like the RSX or integra more.

Both the Cobalt and Fiesta have shitty rear suspension, pretty much any civic you buy has independent rear suspension which is best for maneuvering safely

Except this one, which has a solid axle

Rly makes u think

and yet the CObalt SS Turbo, for a time, was the fastest FWD car around the Nurburgring. Only beaten by a few Renaults, a Seat and the most recent Civic Type R.
Not just the FK2, the FN2 also had a torsion beam rear axle.

no civic after 1987 had any form of torsion beam suspension. you are wrong.

The new Type R literally has a torsion beam

topgear.com/car-reviews/honda/civic-type-r/20-vtec-turbo-type-r-gt/first-drive

Euro market 2006-2016 hatchbacks had a torsion beam.
Jeremy Clarkson famously bitched about it on Top Gear UK.
youtube.com/watch?v=XeGAmcLYGQ8

I stand corrected.

I was saying how your older car is still superior to a newer, comparable vehicle despite older/lacking tech. Calm down.