Greatest Automotive Injustices

>be gordcuck murray
>design the undisputed best drivers car ever
>only make 64 road cars over the entire production run
>now impossible to recreate due to legislation
>they are all now garage queens due to value

t-thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

media.jaguar.com/news/2016/11/new-original-jaguar-xkss-makes-world-debut-los-angeles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>only make 64 road cars over the entire production run

Because that's how many orders they got. They would've made more, but nobody could afford it. In the "Driving Ambition" book, they said that they were intending to make about 300 cars.

Looks so ugly with that fog light and mirror setup.

>now impossible to recreate due to legislation
Says who?

Fucking Honda was supposed to power the F1

Why do you care?
I've never even seen one and will never drive one.
I don't concern myself with nonsense like other people not driving a car.

It was the so called "clinic car" which was a pre-production rolling chassis with no engine. It was shown at the '92 Monaco GP weekend to as a promotional tool to drum up orders. It would be seen a few other paint colors over the years. Also, I believe at least one customer ordered his F1 to be retrofitted with the high-mounted mirrors.

McLaren dodged a bullet there

Too bad McLaren can't build an original F1 per special order. Why when a car model ceases to be produced it's never resurrected again? Only replaced by a new model or completely phased out.

It has to do with government regulations. Jaguar is getting away with it due to unused serial numbers from cars that were never built or were partially built but then lost or destroyed.

>bitching about the F1

How low can you go?

I like how BMW has some F1 inspired wheel styles, probably to promote their partnership in some way.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a shitty wannabe """""racecar""""" kit car is not the reincarnation of the F1.

> Y O U W I L L N E V E R O W N O N E

I familiar with safety and emissions regulations but what do serial numbers have to do with anything? What vintage models is Jaguar currently building?

They are building the remaining E types. The government approves a certain number of cars the manufacturer applies for. If they go unused, they cannot be used for another car.

Not that user but XKSSs
media.jaguar.com/news/2016/11/new-original-jaguar-xkss-makes-world-debut-los-angeles

fuck off m8

All ex-mclaren engineers that worked on the F1

The article said they also built six E-Types in 2014.
Did they have six unused chassis numbers?

>Why when a car model ceases to be produced it's never resurrected again?
Mostly, because they don't have the tooling, and it would be prohibitively expensive to set the line up for another model.

IDK-Look at BMW for example and how bloated their model lineup has become. Would it really kill them to reintroduce the E36 again and price it very competitively for people who want a classic yet still modern sports sedan/coupe without all the electronic junk the new cars have?

There would be virtually no research and development costs since they would just have to look at old blueprints. I'd imagine it would be much cheaper than making the Gran Tourismo abomination that nobody buys anyways.

Prob because enthusiasts don't buy enough cars regularly to offset the costs of manufacturing. So then it becomes a limited run. Limited run then means $$$

People can call you retard, autistic, faggot and lots of other things, yet this statement hurt the most.

I miss those old looks.
I remember playing NFS 1,2,3 and 4, Gran Turismo 1 and 2 and lots of other racing games and it was always these bad boys that topped the lists.

The factory burnt down destroying the original XkSSs before they were sold.

They built six E-Types in 2014 and car are now building the nine XKSS models. Two different cars. No E-Types were lost to factory damage in the past. I would like to see some proof that chassis number registration is the only reason car manufacturers can't build new cars based on vintage designs.

There's nothing stopping companies from making old cars again (legally for track use only due to muh safety and emissions - chassis numbers are irrelevant). It's just a pain in the arse and Jaguar's only doing it because they're a huge company that can make literally everything in house. McLaren doesn't have the space, time or margin to rebuild old cars to order; and that's before asking BMW for some extra S70/2s they won't have.