So

So...

What's Lincoln been up too?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mountings/status/813087595081109504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Taking it easy six feet under.

Who cares?

I don't get the point of Lincoln as a brand these days.

All the unreliable crap of regular fords and not reasonably priced either

Oh and those stupid pretentious Matthew McConaughey ads

Being tier 2 (maybe even tier 3) "luxury" cars

apparently making a range rover model X hybrid of some sort

What the fuck
Is that a reskinned XC90?

Based on the scale of those full-size captain's chairs...that vehicle is fucking MASSIVE.

And hideous.

>concept
>ICE

trash

Production model revealed in a few weeks, sales begin next year

>those monitors
hnnnnggg

i hope they make it to production. they better fucking not be OLED.

>tablets in the headrests

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

THIS ISN'T 2003.

Not really. They're celebrating record sales thanks to the Chinese.

>Chinese sales

They literally designed the Continental for the Chinese market, and the Chinese model is stripped down in features

Unpopular opinion but.. I think it'd be best if Ford just pulled the plug Lincoln for good. Aside from poor sale numbers, I think that a premium Ford car (like an Explorer, Expedition Platinum, Fusion Vignale as an example) look more upscale than their Lincoln twins. Ford could be good on its own being that diverse brand selling low trim cars to premium cars. Sort of like GMC, their arch nemesis.

>Sales up double digits each year
>2 new models coming out
>Lincoln introducing it's own non Ford platforms
The Continental is outselling the 5 series and the A6

They have no reason to pull the plug

Stealing designs just like ferd

It's not about looks, it's about branding. Hideous cars sell in droves if they're branded properly - just look at Cadillacs.

People who buy Caddys or Lincolns aren't buying them for the looks, they're buying them because it says "I can afford higher monthly financing than my blue-collar neighbour".

That's important to a lot of people, especially if they weren't born into a family with money. You need to know they've married a man with a 6-figure salary. Aside from a shitty attitude and bleach-blonde hair, a Cadillac/Lincoln is the best way to get that message out there.

>needs a small staircase to get in

Sounds right

>cool concept tossed out for Expedition with a different grille and leather seats
>sticker price won't be under 80k

I know but my point was if Ford can make their cars in """"top notch"""" luxury, there is really no reason for them to keep making cars under the Lincoln name. But now reading your post and , i might have a little hope for the brand. my reasoning for killing off the company was a bit vague, should of double checked it.

90% of the Continental concept was unchanged, I imagine the production navigation will be the same

If I was rich I'd love this.

Rich people don't drive domestic """""LUXURY""""" vehicles. Nigger-rich people do.

People with actual money drive shit like Bentleys. Any pleb fuck can afford to finance an Escalade with a few years of careful saving.

Few fucks can afford a Rolls Royce, and they're not financing it either.

I can safely tell you that there are a lot of actually really rich Chinese who buy these monstrosities. The Chinese literally buy cars by the pound - there's a reason why the new Lincoln Navigator is basically the Canyonero made into reality.

The Lambos and Ferrari's are for the children and man-children - women and men are supposed to buy huge as fuck SUV's with the highest price tag they can stomach.

>poorfags this delusional

>massive grill
>LED accented foglights
>aggressively styled, narrow xenons with LED accents
>similarly narrow tail lights
>probably dual exhaust

I know it's a decent look but, why does it seem like every car since late '15 is trying so hard to ape this same look? All the major manufacturers are doing it from Kia to Chevy to Lexus to Benz etc...

just fyi there was a massive fuck up in the production of the Lincoln Continentals and a good majority of them had to have new engines swapped into them before they even had one mile on the odometer.

never buy ford or lincoln.

It was new headlights, not engines
Plus the issue is gone, most of them were in transit and were fixed before they were sold

imagine if Ferd tried to produce a domestic sports sedan in the Linconln trim.

Chebby did it with the SS, before they cancelled it. Cadillac did it with the V-Sport models. Why can't Ferd into sports sedans?

The ecoboost Fusion was a nice try but it felt too much like a parts bin car, another Focust ST. All we're going to get is shit Lincoln barges designed for tasteless chinks.

The 2017 Lincoln MKZ can be pretty sporty with a V6 putting out 400 HP. They could take that just a bit farther and make a really neat car out of it.

3 stairs is pretty excessive. Even if its huge its not riding 6 feet off the ground.

Lincoln doesnt do it because it doesn't want to be a performance brand

Being the official cars of grandpas who want to buy American and ghetto families who want to appear rich because they bought a Lincoln from the local "Buy Here Pay Here" lot.

Rich people in my area usually drive European or Asian cars. You're even more likely to see them driving a Caddy or higher trim Chrysler than a Lincoln.

That's exactly why they ended up killing Mercury. Their cars were no different than a higher trim level Ford.

Except that was the point of mercury, to compete with Buick

You could basically say this about any luxury brand.

I'm starting to feel like there are problems looming for the luxury segment after baby boomers buy their last cars.

So what if the boomers die?

There will be a new generation of old people to take their place

I'm pissed the backseat of the Continental didn't come out like the concept.

Then again the airport is only a 20 minute drive

>won't put suicide doors on the continental
>will put five foot long gullwings on their fucking SUV

Lincolns going to add 2 new vehicles by the end of the decade

Lincoln aviator (Ford explorer based) is one

What's the other? A Lincoln mustang?

that sucks hard.

Lincoln has good interiors, sucks that you can spot what's been taken from the Ford parts bin

drugs?

The Continental is a Ford Taurus

And? The piping and tubes underneath the floorboard are the same

people who aren't autistic don't car about the platform

Probably a new Mark LT, based on the new aluminum f150.

probably wont be sold in the US like the previous gen though.

Gen x has fuck all money compares to boomers

>New LT
>>Not sold in America

Considering lincolns are only sold in America, Canada the middle East and South Korea, that doesn't seem practical

Also the mark LT was a sales figure horror story

sold pretty well in mexico

>Few fucks can afford a Rolls Royce, and they're not financing it either.

everyone with a brain leases a rolls. the only ones who buy them are rappers who forget taxes exist

Didn't they sell them there until like a few years ago?

What is this did Fords turn the Flex into a Linc?

yep

people stopped buying crew cab trucks entirely because cartel scum would steal them immediately

That happened already with the FUgly MKT, I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed it

honestly i love lincolns redesign. the new continental and mkz are dope.

>typical millennial impressed by monitors and """"connectivity""""" rather than how good the actual car is

So that means the navigator will never be anything more than a rebadged Navigator.

The navigator will be a Lincoln built around the expedition platform

It always has been

Idk what I like less, the new grill or the moustache grill

You mean all of it?

Somehow worse than Acura

Who buys these?

Old people and teenagers

I had to go to my old high school for alumni day (we tell the underclassmen about college yadda yadda) and I saw alot of lincolns in the parking lot, even a facelifted MKZ.

Whenever I see a Lincoln it is either driven by someone extremely old or someone extremely young

Old people I would have guessed, but young people floors me. I wonder what is causing young people to end up with them.

I guess its some form of nostalgia

This better be fucking fake.

Is this real?

That pic kinda rustles my jimmies

WHAT THE FUCK

CHINA, BY THE MILLIONS

Of course it's real.

twitter.com/mountings/status/813087595081109504

I hope people like him will die in a multitude of cancer diseases.

Of course he is a tesla faggit

The kid looks like he gobbles cock for a dollar anyways

And still a second place to Buick in China

>tfw your Nana's MKZ hybrid is from McDavid
Not gonna lie the hybrid makes a good a to b car

>Who buys these?
The best market by far for Lincolns is China. It's also why parts sourcing, production, and assembly was planned to move to China in the near future. That would drastically lower the cost of Lincolns for that brand's main market - China.

>those interiors

Holy fuck are they serious? I feel nauseous just looking at them.

>that design
>those interiors

Sorry, how much was this thing again?

Actually like the new lincolns. Saw a few at a car show and thought they where well designed. I wouldnt buy one because I am young and prefer a sports car but can see why old people would like them

Was? Now it isn't anymore? That because of Trump?

It would be because cunts buy imports

Ban/tarrif imports and local production will go up

Excellent dealer incentives and Ford financial having a lot of free capital due to gouging Chinese buyers, therefore being far more willing than other luxury brands to take risks financing younger buyers on entry level MKZs so that they'll become devoted to the brand and end up buying Navigators once they're older.

It might be because they want to keep saying it's "Made in America" Chinese people love foreign products.

no fucking way
we 80s now

>It's also why parts sourcing, production, and assembly was planned to move to China in the near future.

Production of US market Lincolns was never going to be moved to China. Chinese assembly was planned for, and still is planned for vehicles that will be sold in China. Lower labor costs and taxes make it more cost effective for firms to build vehicles in China for the Chinese market than importing them. Lincoln moves enough cars profitably in the US for it to be unnecessary for Ford to import vehicles from China. They already have a plant in Mexico they use for lower priced units too. Hybrid Continentals are planned to be build in China in the future as are the new explorer based crossovers, but these will be vehicles sold in Asia. The US market Continentals will continue to be built in the US to avoid getting hit with import tariffs.

Proving americans lost their ability to build good cars back in the 70ies

Starts in the mid 60s

Why are the seats so close to the floor
Must feel super cramped

i love the look of this car
really reminds me of the old MKZ and Milan

why does China like big American luxury cars?

that shit looks so fake

The interior of the continental isn't terrible, still far from the lap of luxury though.

wtf were they thinking of with that color, looks like some weird 1980s kitchen vinyl floor or something fuckin a

Is this some "retro" shit? Cars actually from the 80's looks better. You can't look 2017 outside and 1987 inside. That simply doesn't work.