/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

"Read the FAQ" edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

OpFor Neutralized:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGY86yBtwP8
marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/07/01/11-things-marines-need-know-corps-new-fitness-rules/86582012/
killfoot.com/2016/07/01/all-new-usmc-pft-requirements/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for recruits

A woman can be a Navy SEAL because biology isn't Navy REAL ediion

I thought "Read the FAQ" edition would be more appropriate seeing as anons in the last thread had to remind newbies of that like a hundred times.

>Got game a few days ago
>Guilty of a few of these

I'm sorry! I'm new! No bully!

uh user I don't think there's anything wrong in those except for not reinforcing stuff or being AFK at start of round

it's meant to be a joke tracklist of a rap album by Notorious Recruit.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGY86yBtwP8

Watch my 4man knife pls

Is that really in the faq? I saw was some bs about discord in it.

>MAGA memers
Jesus christ.

t.bestpone

?
Is what really in the FAQ? I'm not sure we understood each other

Yes, there's a section saying that we do have a Discord but no one uses it, still giving the link for it for those interested. What everyone uses is the teamspeak.

reporting just because

got this game today and followed the FAQ
i never thought i would have so much fun sitting as rook after supplying armour and just staring at cameras calling out enemies in voice, its actually great. I always lose on attack though since people seem to see me from the other side of the long ass corridor through the time hole they shot in the barricade walls

>>>r/The_Donald

The game really does get ludicrously "progressive" in terms of character diversity, and it's pretty blatant pandering by ubi if you start reading character bios.

You have Valk who overcame all odds despite her injury becoming the first female Navy SEAL, to Hibana being a walking talking Mary Sue operator who's fluent in 7 languages and is absolutely perfect and can come up with anything in the field and shot up the ranks despite being born in Okinawa and is actually a Nagoya native which is like three minorities in one. Or JTF2 comprised of chink and frog minorities who have historically been staunchly anti-war and always vote against Canada taking part in international affairs. The only female who makes sense is Ash, with a working bio and also because Clancy seemed to really like Israel in his books.
I don't like the game any less because of this, but it's pretty bad.

actually
>/pol/

No
>>>r/The_Donald

> hibana is a mary sue

not this shit again.

fucking anime posters please leave

>shit talking Buck

Bring down the chink

Not the Buck

Are you one of those guys that also thinks Rey is a Mary Sue but Luke Skywalker isn't a Gary Stu?

When you get right down to it, every Rainbow Six operator is a total special snowflake. Even in the books.

good

AYO hol up

*fails Marine infantry officer school on day two*

You trynna tell me

*breaks hips doing basic exercises*

Yo you trynna tell me

*calls inspector general after being held to
same standard as men*

Yo ass trynna tell me that we used to be

*gets forced through army Ranger school*

That we used to be Special Forces n shiet

*gets pregnant a week before deployment

If the game had actual story and or operator interaction then yes Hibana is a mary sue.

As it stands it doesnt even matter.

t.bestpone

Go and stay go you fucking memers

> everyone i don't like is bestpone

wew lad

Go back to watching MLP, you gargantuan fag.

You wanna know the ironic part

Frost is the only non mary sue of the female operators

Who hurt you user

Did a girl get accepted instead of you because you were too much of a beta to pass the exams with high marks? Because it sure sounds like you're butthurt

> all this fucking bant

L A D S
A
D
S

I keep meaning to read the operator bios, what sets Hibana up as the Sue?

Well looking at her backstory it is normal.

Shes just a chink who likes hunting and the military

>this triggered over a username and some banter
Wew

I dont think its bestpone because we've played against him and his fucking team on favela. He thought we where from /r/thedonald but I talked to him afterwards and we settled our autism

I don't even know who the hell they're talking about, but they're namedropping some dude like crazy for some reason.

You're not wrong, but the R6 in the books is the best in the world, the tier 0 of operators.
Also, there's also the believability of it. Sledge and Mute are arguably gary stus, but since they're a reboot of R6 they have believable in-universe experience and knowledge even if the R6 2.0 team are mostly comprised of misfits. Some ops, namely the ones in my post, are Mary Sues on a whole other dimension.

Like I said, i still absolutely love the game, but the writing is awful.

> implying the males are any better

fucking balckbeard m8

fucking buck as ubisoft montreals self insert quebexican

fucking echo as the self insert for 4channers

>exams
Dude what

And no, not me personally. But every woman in the military is a fucking parasite who got to where they are while being objectively worse than men in every regard, and every promotion you're competing against women who will have different performance evaluation scales just because of their snatch.

But goddamn are they fun to fuck

>l-let me just include how laid I'm getting at the end of my post, that'll show everyone how macho I am, heh-heh
>...right?

user pls

>I have zero clue what the fuck im talking about but imma go ahead and argue, if that fails I'll attack his character

Everybody gets laid in the military BTW, believe me

so a woman got promoted because she was better than you claim that their standards are lower (without any proof of course)? seems to me like your ashamed that a woman is better than you.

>implying i was the one you were replying to

are you aware of how anonymous image boards work, you sperg?

> this entire thread so far

posting wallpapers so we can start having something mildly rainbow six siege related.

Ill break it down to tell why people think she is a sue

>A Nagoya native, Imagawa traveled the world to perfect her skills and technique. She is specialized in paramilitary techniques gained by training with the SAS, FBI SWAT, and GIGN, to name a few.

Now due to the shit writing I dont know if this was before or after she joined the SAT but getting training from the SAS is crazy in itself and shes just a cop.

>From her diverse training she acquired a rare tactical versatility, which includes a proficiency in tubular (bus, train, and airplane) assaults.

Now my /k/ knowledge is not the best but even top tier operators say these types of situations are the hardest in the fucking field and she actually apparently very good in these situations

>Imagawa was inspired by her family to practice Kyudo from a young age. This long range weapon marked her entry in martial arts by perfecting her assessment of multiple factors a once, while carrying precise, controlled, and fluid motions.

Now this is just random as fuck essentially it tells us shes good in using a bow and arrow I cant really explain this but if you of you play RPGs this type of shit is annoying since its some random ass skill she gains by training with some ancient weapon.

>During her studies at the National Police Academy, she gained the nickname Hibana due to her improvised explosive devices and brilliant leadership skills on the field.

Blah Blah shes an instant leader

>Fluent in seven languages and lethal with any weapon, Imagawa was recruited by the Aichi Prefectural Police Department Special Unit, where her diverse techniques and charisma allowed her to move up the ranks quickly.

Now ill throw out the language one since Castle is also multi lingual aswell but the "Fluent in any lethal weapon" is crossing the line
The danger zones for her is the elite training and the specialized shit. Compared to Echo who is basically a male twitch but is kind of an asshole/is really lazy.

Their standards are lower. That isn't even an opinion, they have to do less physical activity than the men do, aside from all the other bullshit associated with females in the military.

>(without any proof of course)
kek. Yes user, im just making all this shit up

>A Nagoya native, Imagawa traveled the world to perfect her skills and technique. She is specialized in paramilitary techniques gained by training with the SAS, FBI SWAT, and GIGN, to name a few.
Literally reads like a nothin' personel copypasta

I'm happy for you user.
Sorry about the shit thread so far.

Do you have anything specifically you're having trouble with that you could use advice on?

>Hi mr SAS man, train me plz.
>It'll be like my chinese cartoons where a girl finds a sensei

how about some sort of source from where the image came from you fucking mongoloid.

seriously properly citing sources is something people learn to do in grade 6.

but you were probably so stupid you had to drop out before then so i can't really blame you

Can we tone down the sperginess please?

Or at least make the sperginess gameplay related. All this inane shit belongs somewhere else. It's like you fags like arguing for the sake of arguing

>CITE YOUR COMMON KNOWLEDGE INFORMATION FOR ME REEEEEE

Gentlemen, How do we fix Blackbeard

/r6g/ really does wildley shift from quality to garbage

> he can't properly cite his sources

I hit the text limit but ill continue this

>Blackbeard

Essentially that kid you see in High school who obsesses over the SEALS expect this time he actually joined them.

>Mute

Arguably this is the most gary stu of the bunch basically graduated Highschool by 12 and was probably a doctor by his twenties so instead of going the easy life he joins the SAS.

>Buck

I actually personally like his goes to college becomes a military cop then a Mountie and worked with the ATF and apparently got an invitation to join the JTF-2

Established psychos include Bandit,Smoke, and Caveria

I could continue if you guys like to discuss backstories

Lmao and now you're saying that I pulled that image out of my ass. Those personal attacks are perfect for someone who just got BTFO

marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/07/01/11-things-marines-need-know-corps-new-fitness-rules/86582012/

killfoot.com/2016/07/01/all-new-usmc-pft-requirements/

He's balanced as is

Yeah when it veers offtopic it can reach /v/-tier noise.

Gentlemen please settle down

yeah

for all it's flaws i think the quality outweighs the garbage.

(especially our quality drawfriend images)

I fucking love Blackbeards

I bet he unironically posted the navy seal copypasta

remove him from the game and give him an xm25 that can blow open ceilings and deal damage from the tops of reinforcements

You aren't required to cite information if it is 'common knowledge'

Why did Mute join the fucking SAS? He probably could have cruised it to the high life instead he joins the fucking special forces

>HAHAH U FAGET WOMINZ ARENT AT AN ADVANTAGE IN THE MILITARY

>HAHAHA THEY DONT ACTUALLY GET PROMOTED AHEAD OF MEN

>HAHAHA YEAH BUT YOU CANT PROVE THEIR STANDARDS ARE DIFFERENT

>HAHAHAH CITE YOUR SOURCES

>.....HAHAHAHAHHA YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID ANYWAYS

Why arent I getting paid to be a baby sitter

t.blackbeard

I do, actually.
how do i play around clusterbomb man? he always cleans the objective room i camp in and i hate it. Also, I see these videos of good players and they constantly sprint indoors and spam leaning as well as peeking like madmen. Am I meant to be sprinting often?
Thanks.

How the fuck do I make Uplay recognize the client downloaded by Steam?
My brother bought the game on Steam and download 30 entire GBs of it, and I'm not wasting another 30 fucking GB of my precious HDD space just because I bought the game on Uplay.

I think you can link uplay to steam which may help
give it a go

>So I saw you and Kapkan talking after training the other day

>Play Buck
>Perfect flanking wall is reinforced
>Play Thermite
>Flanking walls are just plain wood

Well god damn it

I looked it up, you can link your Steam to your Uplay after buying the game on Steam, but not Uplay to Steam.
Shits like this keep happening, and EA, MS and Ubishit keep wondering why people shit on their platforms.

Alot of the operators could went for easy lives but they joined the military

Echo made fucking CLOAKING TECHNOLOGY

Can't decide if I wanna buy this game for 35$ while its on sale. Id be playing it alone cause none of my friends own it or want it.

unless you're retarded, solo-queuing is still fine. and if you're those types who doesnt think so, you'll always come across those guys in game who will be your game buddies.

just buy it, and if you dont like it, return it.

Can't leavers just get replaced with a low skilled bot at least or something

Fuck my ass

Defenders should always have 10 reinforcements regardless of the amount of defenders.

You ask your Jager friend to place ADS in important places to hold, or you play Jager yourself.

You don't let the enemy control the Fuzeable spot in the first place (same goes for wallbang/floorbang spots, like Bedroom of House, where if you let them control the first floor you're fucked because they can just kill you by throwing grenades and shooting through the floor.

You should not be sprinting like crazy all the time - the best operators to go fast with are obviously the light 3 speeds. But you don't want to be running around all of the time necessarily. You get the sense of when to go slow and when to go fast depending on the game, and depending on how much sound you can afford to make. Remember that if you sprint around everywhere when shit is quiet will enable the enemy to hear you coming a mile away.

That still fucks it up though. Who gets them? Everyone would just let Rook do the reinforcement while they get ready to peak.

Crouching around the map feels like a noob trap

All the civies are back in the thread, I see

Such is life

in the zone

>South Korean UDT expansion
>female operator was born in North Korea
>escaped to the South by herself and grew up there
>enlisted into the military
>throw in some special snowflake shit
>is now rainbow six oberator
Calling it right now. Screencap this shit.