Post ghetto fixes you made

Post ghetto fixes you made

Other urls found in this thread:

zzperformance.com/3800/suspension-brakes-handling/zzp-polished-billet-dog-bones.html
asne-tw.org/asne/boatbuilding.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My jury rigged plate holder. The OEM plastic license plate bracket was crushed and ripped a chunk of plastic off the bumper where the cage nuts were supposed to be so I made use of existing holes a $4 piece of sheet metal with a 90 degree bend and new cage nuts and woo la

I don't have any pictures :(

I had a huge ass hole in my muffler. It was giant. The bottom half rust belted itself to death. I cut up a bunch of beer cans into rectangles, stapled them together in a large sheet, and JB welded them all to the muffler. Then I JB welded the cracks.

It works for a day or two then started leaking again. I wrapped the entire muffler in fiberglass to hold it together.

That cheap ass repair worked for a couple of years until I sold that POS.

Dropped the bolt down in the bay. Never hit the ground and never could be found.

Had a longer bolt and some nuts. Bam.

>no washer

Come at me. Broken dogbone mount. 500 lb. ratchet strap restrained the mighty 2.8 just fine. (Ignore the 3.1 intake, PO was a fag).

>zip tied shift linkages together
>had a piece of metal that was exactly the shape and size I need so I could reach down and cross my starter to start car cause solenoid was fucked
>bungee corded a lower ball joint back in place so I could drive car into driveway from street
>Bungee cord to hold up exhaust since hangars broke.

sadly I have no pics of this shit

>get car
>huh, this thing's kinda loud
>look under there
>nothing but a piece of dented, curved fence post jammed in there
>car needs """better""" exhaust
>my welder needs to be tested
>the goals align

>Those welds

Living up to your name I see.

Ratchet strap holding battery in place

why not just get a new dogbone mount?
zzperformance.com/3800/suspension-brakes-handling/zzp-polished-billet-dog-bones.html

As someone who used to work in an exhaust shop, I have seen much worse

>125 dollarydoos for 2 chunks of CNC'd ally and 4 polybushings

>tfw they're just rubber bushings not even poly

This thread is cancer and you guys should never touch a car again. Fix it properly or ride the bus.

oh shut up

>Fuck, my shitbox broke and now I'm stranded 50 miles from the nearest town on this deserted highway with no cell coverage
>It's an easy fix but I better wait to fix it until I have the proper parts!

fuck off

>buying needless "replacement" parts
>depleting even more resources than necessary
this is why we can't have nice cars

>shock mounts eat their way out of my frame
>massive holes left in their place
>build new frame out of MIG welds
>weld shock mounts to frame made of welds

That looks like a key to a 70s Ford, if it is best place for it.

Rust hole repair with a plate of aluminium.

That actually looks like a decent job, user. I'd trust that.

I used a zip-tie instead of the metal e-brake pin.

Ain't the prettiest body work but it beats paying a collision shop. Cut out the damage, bent a piece of scrap steel over a table, MIG welded in place, bucket o' bondo, rattle can finish. $50 and a few hours.

Prolapsed front suspension repairs on an '82 Big Red, weld the bastards solid and keep riding it until arthritis forces you to buy a new front end.

Who doesnt have spare washers lying around?

Also clean your damn terminals.

>ghetto

You are a redneck that gives rednecks a good name.

Dat some regular body panel adhesive?

I`m thinking of doing some underside repair like that myself.

i work in a body shop and that how most shops do it anyways 10/10 job senpai

I wouldnt have even bothered to slap bondo on that if I were you. Nice work non the less.

Are you a dog?

Nobody knows who you are behind the welders mask

James, is that you?

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask

More of a trail fix than "ghetto" shoulda taken a before pic of how bent this was before I spent 2 hours hand shaping it

I used Sikaflex on that.

forgot to mention that the ujoint was done with a rubber mallet and a socket lol

ffs

looks pretty good to me

Made a clutch lever out of green wood in the forest.

Was pretty proud of that, eyelet only just lived though. Since then I've always carried a kickstart/gear/clutch/brake lever and ring spanners.

I fix things properly, because I'm not a fucking nigger.

i've got clutch and brake levers zip tied to my subframe.

>drop bike cuz I'm a retard
>fuck me but whatever, it's a bike adnt aht's what happens
>clutch lever is gone
>I'm out in the fucking boonies chasing a thrill and can't even get the fuckign thing started now

Gorilla tape and zip ties around broken tie rod boots.
Never buy any gasket like ever
PVC intake pieces everywhere
Wire up radio amd speakers entirely with the same 16 guage red wire.
Use tractor supply tractor mufflers and flex pipe on all vehicles.

Yeah, I'm a hack. Deal with it.

How else do you do them? We use mallets and sockets or hammers and the old end caps all day everyday

Two years later and I still haven't fixed it.

Jesus Christ what the fuck

The stud in the radius arm bushing was so rotted it snapped in half. Threw a chain fall on, pulled it back in place and kept plowing.

Stuff like this reminds me of the shit you look out for when buying used from craigslist

i need to replace a wheel stud but there isn't enough space to take out the old one/put in a new one, I'd have to either dent the brake dust shield or shave a piece of the strut head off so it fits (or go to a mechanic desu fuck that tho)
kinda scared

Zip tie upper control arm

i jb welded an exhaust once

generally you have to take the knuckle apart
worst case scenario you'll have spent a few hours waiting on pb blaster to do its job, and youll end up with a few busted knuckles
its not that bad, i swear

I read if you take parts of that whole assembly apart you'd have to end up replacing the bearings and hub and some other stuff and that's more than i'm willing to do to replace a $2 part

i'll do some more research though thanks senpai

My trunk floor drains rotted out after water filled up my spare tire well for a long time, so I painted all the bare metal black, filled the holes with foam, then painted over the foam again. lel

I fucking love this thread. I don't have a pic but I had a ghetto old turbo diesel swapped w123 240d and the exhaust was hanging a bunch and I held it up with about 4 zipties looped together

I helped my dad JB weld a crack in the block of our lawnmower.

sound about right
its really labor-intensive for such a small job. if i were you pick up a set of new rotors/pads and replace them while you're at it.

Made a overflow tank bracket out of scrap metal. It's a shame the only welder I had ran fluxcore and it kept blowing holes through it

What? Typically all you have to do is take the caliper and bracket off and you can hammer the old stud out through the space in the dust shield that's missing to accommodate the caliper bracket.

>thermostat stuck open
>car goes into oh shit im overheating mode
>even though it wont get to op temp
>ziptie some cardboard to the radiator
>car warms up fine, heat works again, all is good.

plz b fek. plz.

>fek
What?

Fuck yeah, Sikaflex. I used to compete in an annual quick building boat competition that was sponsored by them. Awesome shit.

asne-tw.org/asne/boatbuilding.html

That shit is going to overheat in the summer senpai

UUUU

>woo la
It's "Viola" you jackass

Broken dogbone mount.

did this with a coke can before i sold my ride but sprayed black to make it oem

saw an air box held on with about 20 wood screws and bondo once

If you didn't drill out the ends of those cracks and fill them in with weld, you're fucked.

junkyard.

how could that possibly last more than five feet in use?

Indeed. Car went to the junkyard, in 2010.

>exhaust shop goofs a bit
>within a week the exhaust is rattling against the trans crossmember
>shim that fucker up

>those welds

Dude, you're Turbobricks AF. That throttle body gasket is like 50 cents, sheesh.