>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem. I have commuted in various miatas for 3 years now

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow (with four snow tires. They're even better with an LSD)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mazda-mx-5-miata-5/
quadcities.craigslist.org/cto/5925113973.html
newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/5938877203.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aivn9OwA9po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got all the forms and stuff that I need for my vanity plate. Just waiting for it to come in now.

Feels good man. Trading in my truck for one soon, just waiting for one I like to turn up. Found a few but the dealers were lying out the ass about rust.

You just have to be patient. I waited about a year and a half until I found the perfect one.

"Help, I don't know these people!"

Question from last thread.
Alright guys, I got another question. What size is the NEO3-R for the hazard switch? I've looked on a lot of forums, but I can't find anything about the size. I'm thinking that it's a 3mm.

It has been really hard not to just say "fuck it, I'll fix it myself" and pull the trigger. I may do just that if I manage to find a merlot one.
I'm not sure about what you're getting at.

I seriously regret not buying the Merlot M Edition that my hard top came off. The kid was selling it on CL and I asked him if he'd sell the hard top separate and he said he would. I got there, and it was a pretty mint Merlot M Edition that only needed a drivers seat since it was a bit torn up. He said he'd take $2,300 for the car that day. This was before Miata prices went way up. If I could go back, I would've bought that thing in a heartbeat.

>Waits a year and half just to ruin a car
Kill yourself

Would if I could.

Lol how is that ruined

You're asking the wrong crowd bro

what does it say user

>Car liked for its handling and only its handling
>fuck up the suspension

Question;
Of you with performance mods, no matter how small or large, why is it that you all seem to run midrange runabout tyres?

he means the NA looks real uneasy from that angle

Congrats on your autism diagnosis

AHEGAO

I've actually seen the opposite. Most people who's car isn't just a beater have decent to great tires. I personally run some direzza dz102s because I see a lot of rain, but warm weather. I could go for some ZII star specs, but I'd eat them up to quickly and rain would probably kill me.

I finally am getting progress done on getting my F1 style mirrors on, today I made the basic brackets to be able to use the original holes for the mirrors so I wouldn't have to drill more into the car for this. F1 mirrors will go on tomorrow probably.

In other news tomorrow my new HID's are getting installed too! Might even take out my shitty ass cat.

Goddamn weeaboos.

i like your car user

Really? I reckon I see far more 6"+ wide wheels almost always coated in near-chinko's just to have wider wheels but the same amount of grip. Or maybe I just fixate on that and ignore the thicc ones.

I'm running ZII's in stock 14's, but you're pretty close on the water. Doing a smidge over 120km a few months ago and hit some standing water that I couldn't see, but fuck me if I didn't inhale my seat.

>this is literally me

wew, thats rad

Your reflection looks like you're holding a ghost's dick, also that looks horrible I'm giving you a D-

>giving him the D
I knew miata drivers are gay but seriously

The word ruined implies permanence. Nothing done to the suspension of that car is irreversible

I am considering buying the FM coilovers. How difficult is the installation process? I just remove the bolts from the top and bottom of the stock spring and slide in my new coilovers, correct?

I see some shit about needing a spring compressor which I don't understand

yeah

Youtube is your friend.

Thanks senpaitachi.

If you are buying a coilover setup you don't need to use a spring compressor

If you are buying Koni yellows and flyin Miata springs or something then ya you'll need a spring compressor

Imo don't get vmaxx coilovers, the quality is just not there. I hear lots of stories of the shocks blowing within a few thousand miles. The best Street coilovers on the market at the moment are Feal 441 and Chikara CP1 imo.

Awesome Miata, too bad it didn't perform well

sauce on where i can read about that miata?

1991 Mazda Miata
2k miles
Bid currently at $10,250
Ends in 5 days

bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mazda-mx-5-miata-5/

How much do you think it'll go for?

probably 12-18k
otherwise you could just buy a similar-miles NB which is a better car

this nb mx5 is from 2004 and has 100k km
is 8k€ a good price for this car, i really want it

How rare is a 94,95,96 NA miata in sunburst yellow?
I want one but that is the only one I would consider.

I looked into my intake manifold today and saw that the insides were oily as fuck. Already ordered a catch can that I will run between the valvecover and manifold, but I also noticed that there were a line between the oil-filter and manifold. Should I get another catch can or?

What's so special about it? I payed about the same for a 2002 Sport with 5kkm.

where are you from?
im in the netherlands and i tend to think that the secondhand market is just overpriced anyway
it'd be cheaper to buy one from outside the netherlands and import it.... if the import taxes wouldnt cost me a fortune

Sweden

NoPro Miata
Has a 300hp 13B Rotary

r8 my miat

I like that blue RX-7

Miata aside, what's the beef between Google and Java?

Are you merely memeing or do you actually think that's an RX-7?

I like that blue 924

I like that blue F

that's a nice blue 911 slantnose

I've been heavily considering getting a miata for a fun car. However I'm 6'3" and weigh 190 pounds. What are these "tall person modifications"? Also, what are some problems to look out for with these cars? For example are certain years or sections of the car know to rust heavily, or is there some high mileage maintenance that some owners will not do that leads to heavy repair later?

>tfw no british racing green NC

why THE FUCK did mazda stop making the mx5 in BRG after the NC1

>tfw no brg ND

That with some nice Volks in bronze

wow the dc hardtop looks like literal ass on the NC too

guess its oem or nothing

gross

quadcities.craigslist.org/cto/5925113973.html

fucking lol

Too many intricacies over the years to bother listing here.
I'm 6'2" and 240lbs and I fit in my NA just fine, without seat surgery (knifing off some of the foam to give you another inch). Though, if I move the seat forward 2 inches my head hits the soft top frame every bump. Not an issue with the hardtop though.

In short,
Avoid SNC (google)
Rust in any year

The engines can be found cheap enough to replace if something critical should go on one.

Sunburst yellow was only an option in 1992, they made around 1500 of them

newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/5938877203.html

Fair price?

I got my NA out of storage this week. I'm so glad to have her back.

I've been posting it on Veeky Forums since 2009 lol.

year? miles? anything done to it?

nice Photoshop/10

'95 Leather Pckg. (OEM Type-1 Torsen diff.) w/ 222,000 miles (357k km)

> For story, see *** below.

-Restored and maintained as fuck
-Rebuilt engine (well, replaced all the gaskets / seals / belts / accessories / fluids)
-Flyin' Miata sway bars
-eBay resonator (replaces cat. conv.)
-eBay Tsudo-N1 exhaust
-eBay "Racing Beat" knockoff hot air intake w/ K&N filter.
-eBay R-pckg. front lip
-eBay Smoked turn signal lenses
-15x6" NB "Sport" wheels (have the OE 10.8-lb hollow-spoked wheels in storage)
-Lots of little shit. Removed evap system. Removed windshield washer system. Wetsanded DOT lettering off of light housings. New head unit. New door speakers. Removed OE amplifier. Etc.

*** Bought at age 19 for $2,200. Was a hurricane Katrina coastal victim, torn roof, moldy interior, stuck / leaking water pump, leaking valve cover gasket, cracked belts, engine covered in southern mud, undercarriage covered in clay as well, etc, etc. It has zero ( 0 ) rust.

nice, looks like a fun car to hoon around in.

So Im assuming it has a salvaged title?

>So Im assuming it has a salvaged title?

No it does not. And yes, it is very fun to hoon in, especially since I can oversteer it at basically any speed. I just wish it didn't have that goddamned HLA tick when it's hot.

>tfw rear quarter panel rust

6'3" 220lbs here. I DD an NB. Made possible by:

>foamectomy
>removing the visors
>320mm D-shaped steering wheel
>flat door panels with no armrests

Did you make the post?

Nope.

Goddamn man, if I could find the same for even 5k around here I'd be on it in heartbeat. I'm just holding out on the hope that the color comes back some time later on. On the plus side you got a really good hard top out of the deal, looks really good.
That's what I figured but I didn't want to put words in his mouth in case he had some reference he was making I didn't get.
I love green MX-5s. They got the shade spot on. The tan leather interior just makes it look even better.

But we get the arctic next year.

Update, they're installed.

Thank you. I've been looking at Miatas in my area on craigslist and it seems I can get one for sub 2000 dollars. Does removing the foam severely impact how comfortable the seats are? It it does are there any aftermarket ones recommended? I'm fine with welding and fabricating brackets to get any seat it should I have to.

Just wanna post mine. Was hanging around with my friend who has a 2013 Mustang 5.0 this night. He liked how "open" the Miata felt. The 5.0 was ok but had too much power to have fun with and felt fat and was hard to see out of. I also drag races him and of course lost lol.

Nb1 1.8 is drinking coolant but is not over heating or anything, slight white smoke but I think that's just water from it being sat in the rain for days/weeks at a time... Is my head gasket blown?

Yeah it is. Run a bottle of head gasket leak fix. Follow the instructions TO THE LETTER and it might just save your engine

Fuck, should I just replace the gasket or is it pointless if the head turns out to be warped too? I've been told liquid gasket Fucks with heater matrix and blocks other shit too so I'd rather avoid additional problems in the future

Rotary swap!

If it hasn't overheated, the head shouldn't be warped. Give replacing the gasket a try.

Also worth mentioning that i had a misfire caused by water in the spark plug cylinders, perhaps it was actually coolant: intake manifold gasket not the head?

Foamectomy didn't affect the comfyness of my seat desu. If anything I find it holds me far better in the corners when I go 2gay-ing.

Hi dear o/ fellows,
WHAT oil filter you get for a 115HP DOHC miata NA ? Kinda want to know what brand you use.

Merci.

I like FRAM because it has that rubber grip thing on it.

What do you dudes think of the Lexus V8's? 1UZ through 3UZ.

I live in a 3rd world shithole where GM LS V8's are non-existent and a Lexus is my best bet for a V8 conversion.

cool thanks. yeah, i didn't understand what the spring compressor was for. ill check those out

why would the timing belt be replaced on a car with 2,000 miles?

I run a Bosch filter, specifically the 096AF1039. I have a 1.8. Speaking of which, does anyone happen to have the dimensions for the oil filter on a 1.8?

>want a Miata, especially '91-'97
>live in town that is prone to rain a lot of the time even during summer, sometimes super hard rain
Would a Miata DD be viable in really rainy areas? I don't have a garage for storage, as I am piss poor right now.

>inb4 if u cant own a house u cant own a car

I'm waiting to get my own house with garage before I get my miat

a miata is no worse in the rain than any other car. stick to all seasons instead of summer tires and you'll be completely fine.

for what it's worth, i run yoko s-drives which are summer tires year round and I've used them in the rain multiple times and haven't noticed an ounce of loss in traction ever

Mate, I live in Costa Rica and daily my miata. We get 10-14 inches of rain a month most of the year. You'll do fine, trust me. Just make sure the roof seals are in good condition and you're golden. If you get a hardtop with good seals, even better

S.drives are meme tier shit

Not enough grip in dry, overheat easily, poor wet performance when worn, loud when worn, overpriced

But! You can get them in almost any size....

What do I get if I want a Miata but am too big to fit?

Before you say mods, I'm 6'8", not fat though.

What are my best alternatives? Like the compact size, relative reliability, and agility. It needs to be a solid step up in terms of interior space (actually significantly bigger inside) without losing that small, spirited, agile driving experience...basically I want to feel like the car has the same dimensions as a Miata while still being able to accomodate my NBA star frame.

I ain't broke but I ain't rich either. Wary of German reliability but I won't completely rule it out.

>miata pics and vids
one miata pic and vid coming up
youtube.com/watch?v=aivn9OwA9po

ITT we post Suzuki Cappucinos