Why do German luxury cars depreciate faster than Lexus in America?

Why do German luxury cars depreciate faster than Lexus in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

autonews.com/article/20141027/RETAIL03/310279956/un-honda-like-problems-plague-new-plant-in-mexico
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[citation needed]

It's due to libel and slander from one S. Kilmer

You can buy a used F30 for 18k while a used IS250 costs 22k.

Because once you own one, especially if you bought new, you realize you've been duped and all that plastic and metal is the same shit in Japanese cars but for thousands of dolllars more.

The butthurt goes through the roof upon this discovery, and there is an inverse relationship in the amount of butthurt vs. car value.

Wow, very scientific
Have you considered that the is250 costs more than a base 3 series?

I've heard that the ones built in North America don't have the same build quality as the ones in Europe because they're built by spics. Is there any truth to this?

Because they are overpriced shitmachines.

Most people will tell that Lexus are reliable.
They have a na v8, a na v6 with different tunes that probably come from a minivan, a turbo i4 and a bunch of hybrid systems. Unlike the Germans they don't try to impress benchracers on the internet with muh hp/l they sell comfortable cars that just work.
Although in the rest of the world they are sold as toyotas so they will probably be less sporty and luxurious.

They both start at the same price as base.

Isn't an IS250 a V6 while a base 3-Series is a 4-banger diesel?

[citation needed]

More costly to maintain over time. Lexus is just upmarket Toyota and buyers believe an ES/CT will be as reliable as a Camry/Prius, and so forth.

Go to the dealers website?

Each of your sentences began correctly then each one veered off into pointless conjecture.

The Sienna is the only minivan Toyota currently sells, and it isn't offered with a V8. And Lexus has beenngiven a ton more free reign since 1989. Subsequently more and more of the Lexus line-up arenexclusive platforms sold internationally with the L badge.

>believe an ES/CT will be as reliable as a Camry/Prius

It's not about believing. Unlike every other badge-engineering corporation in the world Toyota seems to be the only one that acknowledges that if you're gonna be asked to pay more money, you should get more reliability.

>GMC and Chevy that high

Into the trash it goes.

Is 1989 the last year for good Mercedes'?

>pls say yes validate my purchase senpai

1989 was the year every other luxury brand died, so yes. Congratulations.

you sound like someone who doesn't know anything about cars so it doesn't make a difference if you have one of the last good mercedes or not.

people who don't know shit about cars ruin their car no matter if it's a good car or modern cheap shit.

I fully intend to learn and practice everything necessary to keep my car nice, though; that's why I'm here.

>Babby's first car.

because in europe where german cars are common, we know they're shit.
Sure it's fun and games driving it out the showroom, imangining all the fun you're gonna have but as soon as you get on the road the engine warning light comes on.

They're about as reliable as italian cars.

Literally talking out of your ass, you stupid cunt. All Merc models introduced before 1995 are generally fine. The W124 diesel had an issue with engine mounts up to '89 or so (only affecting comfort though, not function), and for a year in the early '90s they had paint issues when they switched from oil based paint to water based paint, but these are all vanities.

Lol

They last longer and don't break down, thus keeping the value of the car higher.

Buy a 150k mile S class vs a 150k mile LS class, the S class will have way more problems. Owners will have to pay more to keep it maintained so most people want to get rid of it fast. German cars are focusing more on reliability nowadays so the newer ones tend to be more reliable, but then again those are initial studies. We will know about the newer models once they pass high miles.

Anything built by spics is shit. Especially cars. Just look at fiats and mexico built cars (vin starts with a 3)

Cost of maintenance.

Lexus owners are typically elderly and tend to keep the cars long term, so less appear on the market which keeps the prices fairly stable.

Meanwhile for others, it's all about having the latest and greatest so they upgrade. So when a new generation comes, all the previous generation models suddenly appear and flood the market which drives prices down.

is this faggot retarded?

this is widely available information.

everyone knows what OP is saying is the case. bmw/merc/audi prices drop like a rock in just a few years. lexus stays up there bc muh toyota

mexico also builds all your "reliable" toyota corollas.

lexus can't depreciate, they are so cheap in the beginning.
nobody wants them

this

>in america
American's are not discriminating automotive enthusiasts. Lexus drivers are niggers and shitskins looking for that 'ghetto rep'. European culture is a little different, and no one likes Toyota in Europe. No one.

The shittiest European cars originally came from Germany, while America and Japan can build cars in Mexico without any quality issues.

So, how dumb are you ?
autonews.com/article/20141027/RETAIL03/310279956/un-honda-like-problems-plague-new-plant-in-mexico

>Honda opens up plant in Mexico and has problems in its first year
>Article lists logistical issues from its first year of opening up a new plant and even says the Japanese models have the same quality issues

>Nissan has been making cars in Aguascalientes, MX since 1982
>Toyota has been building Tacomas in Baja California since 2002
>GM has been making cars in Ramos Arizpe since 1981
>Ford has been making cars in Hermosillio since 1986
>Chrysler has been making cars in Toluca since 1968
>Only VWs built in Mexico are the simpler loss leader models (base model Golf/Jettas/New Beetles) while GTIs, Passats, Tiguans, Touaregs, higher trim Jettas, and all Audis are still built in Germany

>Somehow this excuses the Germans for making shit cars and lets Germanboos blame Mexico.

So how dumb are YOU?

They make sure each year the design looks slight different, it immediately shows your car is the old version

based scotty

>(s)Audi
>luxury

Dude I just proved your stupid generalization wrong, no need to sperg out. Nothing you typed is helping. And your other generalization based on your first generalization was that German made VAG products are inferior to Mexican made products from all manufacturers, and that's so stupid. It's so spectacularly retarded.

Yes you nimrod

Except they are. Some of Germany's most unreliable cars were built entirely in Germany (1990s Mercedes, Audis, BMWs, none were ever built outside of Germany in any large numbers).

Some of the most reliable cars out there were built in Mexico (pretty much anything from Nissan pre-Ghosn, Tacomas, Jeeps, and GM/Ford/Dodge Pickups).

I'd even argue anything German built in Mexico will likely be more reliable than a German VW simply because it's more likely to be a stripper/base model Golf/Jetta with a N/A engine. Look at how unreliable Tiguans, Touaregs, and Passats are. Only recently the latter is being built in America. They've almost always been built in Wolfsburg or Czechoslovakia prior.

Because Burgers cannot into proper maintenance and the engineering masterpieces won't forgive skipping 2 professional maintenance cycles.

>Le maintenance meme

Or maybe Americans don't just take care of cars by handing their mechanic a blank check and telling them to fix everything wrong with it to pass a excessively stringent state inspection made to get old cars off the road.

Maintenance is a funny way of saying engineering failures and defects. What kind of maintenance will keep a W210 E-Klasse from rusting out like a 1974 Honda? How many oil changes do I have to do until the timing chain on my 4.2 V8 Audi isn't against the back of the motor and the timing guides aren't being worn down at 70,000 miles until the chain starts flopping around and grinding itself into the block?

Nice meme picking there.

What maintenance will stop my camry from exploding on the freeway?

>Americans don't just take care of cars by handing their mechanic a blank check
In Germany almost nobody will buy a used car if the owner can't provide proof that it has been inspected by a certified dealership at exactly the appropriate intervals.

If you can't afford the upkeep of the car, you can't afford the car, stick to your 20 year old Civic if you don't have blank checks to spare. So much for the Europoor meme, fucking retards.

That's a bingo

>Chrysler higher than scion
Uh yeah sure bud

You've convinced me you're a merc expert so help me out. I have a crossfire with the m112 e32. How fucked am i?

>nimrod

>In most English-speaking countries, Nimrod is used to denote a hunter or warrior, because the biblical Nimrod is described as "a mighty hunter". In American English, however, the term has assumed a derogatory meaning
Fucking Americans, I swear on me mum.

>buy 2003 audi a4 for about $3200
>didn't know shit about cars, barely know anything now
>clear coat blotches everywhere, lose glove box compartment,

Feel I definitely should have went lower, considering the worn exterior and interior. It's way past the mileage where the torque converter clutch rubber thingy starts to tear in other people's same model. The car jolts when I first accelerate into first gear/second gear. Is that a symptom? Could it be related to the transmission fluid level? It drives well for the most part. Hauls ass whenever a douchey brotruck driver steps up. I feel it's a ticking time bomb but I enjoy driving it.

>Nissan
>Tacomas
>GM
>fucking FORD
>motherfucking CHRYSLER
>cheap VWs

holy fuck its like you set out to collect a list of all the cars not to buy

way to totally demolish your own fucking argument, I'm honestly impressed.

>Why do German luxury cars depreciate faster than Lexus in America?

Because neither of them score as consistently high as Lexus in reliability or customer satisfaction surveys. Year after year, Lexus is always at or near the top of JD Power and Consumer Report charts.

And even if it wasn't true and the surveys are faulty, they still sway public perception about the brands. This in turn affects resale value in the second-hand market.

>Germanboos

*Deutscheboos

I feel like these surveys are a bunch of bullshit, because they're always all over the place except for the first few brands and the last few. I agree that they really do affect the public's opinion, though.

Becuase the toyota wasn't worth shit to begin with

t. Ls400 owner to w140 owner who never looked back

>surveys
It's like you're proud to be stupid.

I would pay money to see someone hold him down and take a shit in his mouth.

because german luxury cars a hole in the road into which you throw money. they require meticulous maintenance compared to other luxury brands.

Which is why you lease them and give them back. Nobody wants the old ones so they go for cheap, plus the retarded maintenance.

I've heard Mercedes dealership owners saying that a Mercedes dealership is basically a licence to print money.

wow I bet that's worth the effort!

What effort? The effort to not wrench every 2nd saturday and having it properly maintained every 30,000 km?

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

2000 actually

The IS250 won't have a blown gasket though.

Because they fall apart faster

Please kill yourself or buy American.

>all more reliable than your average 10 year old Mercedes/BMW/Audi, especially the 1980s-90s Nissans, American Pickups/Trucks (literally the Big 3's bread and butter the only thing they're good at), and Tacomas you stupid motherfucker

Yeah you have zero experience or fucking stockholm syndrome as the owner of a used out of warranty German Car.

>YES ITS COMPLETELY NORMAL TO SPEND $3000 ON A SBC MODULE SO YOUR 10 YEAR OLD SL500 (BTW MADE IN BREMEN, GERMANY) CAN STOP
>ABSOLUTELY NORMAL TO SPEND $2000 ON TURBOS FOR YOUR N54 BMW AFTER THEY SHIT OUT AT 60,000 MILES
>BROKEN CAMSHAFT ON MY 2.0T VW? N O R M A L

>Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques
>Gods Mechanical Curse

>good

convincing

>JD Power
>any year
m8

this
90's audi quattro my brother inherited and was kept mint by popop shit the bed biweekly.

My friends have bought those jerman shitboxes you american autists who glorify shit like fucking ladas, yugos, trabants, bmw's, audis, mercs because they're "oh so rare and special"
And guess what, us europeans who have had that shit way before you discovered that corners exist know they're unreliable fucking garbage.
They are merely impratical status symbols. Sure they may be nice to drive but enjoy switching out every single goddamn part in the car by end of year 1.

when did GM acquire toyota?

And that's why Europeans now buy Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundais, Nissans, aside from dead simple base model stripped out VWs/Renaults/Opels.

Americans see European cars as status symbols, we buy a full 1/3rd of Porsches produced, we're the reason BMW still kept a 6 speed manual in their ///M cars (M5/6 particularly), we're buying most of their high end cars and wouldn't consider anything with less than 200hp, cloth seats, or without power everything

>Europeans now buy Toyotas, Nissans
nowhere in germany
only kias and hyuindais are the only asian cars herer

BEGONE SCOTTY

Sorry, bro, but it's no coincidence that the brands that regularly top the charts year after year also retain value better in the used market.

Bcoz reliability. German cars breakdown for no reason. It is meant to be leased. Unless you want to be a car mechanic

Except the american & German car's problems are more cpmplex unlike minor annoyances in Lexus & Toyota

Eurofags like Diesel cars and Toyota and Honda don't waste time in polluting, cheating volkswagen like engines

>second best selling luxury brand
>nobody wants them
buttblasted BMW fan detected

Mine was built by maples :^)

second best selling luxury brand is Mercedes. Top selling brand is BMW

Which S class? What problems? Why would they pay more? Do you think Lexus parts are cheap?

Might be the worst shitpost i have seen on this board lately