How much is your life worth Veeky Forums?

How much is your life worth Veeky Forums?

enough to pay a mechanic :^)

are those minions op

whatever it costs to buy block of wood

Are you implying your life is worth $25 OP?

Yeah, you snag your shirtsleeve on the chain, pin slides right out, BAM! ur dead LEL.

No sireeeee

Concrete block master race reporting in.

Triggered.

lmao

If the weight of the car is on the stand you cant slide that pin out. You may be able to hit it part way out with a hammer but you would have to be consciously trying to get it out. Jackstands arent the problem its the car sliding off or the ground unlevel or something like that.

With the amount of weight on those pins I think it would be pretty hard to pull them out.

This.
You're a complete and utter retard. I gather that's most people who have an irrational fear of axle stands.

The sum of all the world's wealth divided by the population shows that every life on earth is worth about $8,000. There are used minivans worth more than us.

i just get a buddy to bench the front or back axle to lift the car thx

More than yours dimitri

Mate of mine once had jackstands go through both rear jacking points on an old Fiat he was doing the brakes on... you're never truly safe from italian engineering

>How much is your life worth Veeky Forums?
Just get some harborfreight 3ton jackstands. They use cast metal which means if there is a defect or bad metal was used, it can eventually get a stress fracture and snap.

>Implying all life is of absolutely equal value
That's some pretty communist shit there user. Back to the gulag.

A lot of people also misinterpret jack stand RATINGS. The weight rating is for a PAIR of jack stands and not for a single stand. So if you see a 2-ton jack stand, that means a pair of them has a max rating of 2 tons when used together. It is not 2 tons per each stand.

If you are used to buying chinese-made speakers rated 480 watts RMS for those small 3-inch units on your desktop, then beware of the same style of rating claims for chinese jack stands.

>whatever it costs to buy block of wood

Jack stands aren't the problem. Assuming they were manufactured properly, there is literally zero chance they can fail. They are completely overbuilt from top to bottom.

The issue is that the reliability of jack points on cars can vary. Due to a number of reasons including rust, corrosion, age, or previous incorrect jacking means that jack stands can compromise the integrity of the frame and eventually cause it to bend or collapse.

The only true way to be safe is to use a ratcheting lift or use jack stands in conjunction with a hydraulic jack for backup in conjunction with the wheels underneath in conjunction with blocks of wood and/or cinder blocks.

underrated

like tree fiddy

You cant pull the pin out retard.

The concrete blocks otherwise can crack and collapse though. Double retard.

>implying i value my life
top kek OP

>The only true way to be safe
>is to use a ratcheting lift or use jack stands
>in conjunction with a hydraulic jack for backup
>in conjunction with the wheels underneath
>in conjunction with blocks of wood and/or cinder blocks.
WE CAN DANCE IF WE WANNA
WE CAN LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS BEHIND
'CAUSE YOUR FRIENDS DON'T DANCE
AND IF THEY DON'T DANCE
WELL THEY'RE NO FRIENDS OF MINE!

SAY, WE CAN GO WHERE WE WANNA
A PLACE WHERE THEY WILL NEVER FIND
AND WE CAN ACT LIKE WE COME
FROM OUT OF THIS WORLD!
LEAVE THE REAL ONE FAR BEHIND!

>Princess auto brand
>My nigga

At least 2 stands with the jack just touching and one wheel underneath. If the first 2 fail the wheel would hopefully give you enough room to wiggle out, or at the very least not be crushed to death.

that's not how cinder blocks are supposed to be stacked. they aren't strong in that axis.

I don't use jack stands, just the craftsman 2.5 ton floor jack I have. I'm suicidal and wish that my car can come down on me and kill me, ending my miserable life. My car's the only thing that really brings me joy so I guess I'd die happy.

>How much is your life worth Veeky Forums?
A grilled cheese sandwich and a firm handshake.

I put my winter/summer tires on wheels, I put them under my car if i´m using jackstands.
Also, 2 ton (each) jackstands aren´t supposed to fail with a

> implying there aren't 4 billion plus shitskin nigger ape third worlders worth $0

>implying slaves are that cheap

>another episode of Veeky Forums being baited by the lowest bait

Never change.

Paying money for something doesn't mean it's worth that much. For example you could pay $200 for a nigger from Africa, and you would have paid $200 more than it's worth.

The worth of semething is subective, if I would have fields full of cotton, a nigger may be worth 200$.
If you can´t use it, it isn´t worth anything.

I mean, I have 2500kg jackstands for my NA, but I never actually thought about the quality.

I might drill and tap some holes to mount a tab in the "welds".

$24.99 at Harbor Freight Tools: Quality Tools at Ridiculously Low Prices™

£30 for a pair of 2000KG stands and a 2000KG floor jack

>Halfords """""quality"""""

I plan to buy something quality eventually, but my car is less than 900KG so it's not like it's really that heavy anyway

>wasting money on jackstands
>not doing open diff burnouts in your driveway to create ruts that you can just crawl into to get under your car

I thought Veeky Forums was full of poorfags

>tfw my driveway is brick

>bought these
>can't bring myself to use them

waste of money.

so thats bad right?

Yes.
You would rather want a metal that bends as a failure mode, not snap.
A bend is slow and noticeable, a snap is what the manufacturer has to investigate due to a death.

Pretty useful. The jack that would fit under my Legacy doesn't fit under my miata, so low profile jack plus low profile jack stands comes out a fair amount more than ramps.

Power Fister meng

>this

you don't actually need the center block, 2 blocks per layer will do for anything lighter than a 5 ton truck. softwood is also better because it loudly moans and pops before it collapses, giving you about 10 min of warning to either get out of the way or add more support to the car. hardwood will support more but fails explosively

$21.99, exactly I paid for my Harbor Freight jack stands.

>been using the same set of plastic ramps for 10 years
>put jack stands under just in case
>haven't failed yet
>yet

>yesterday
>replacing engine in car
>jack up each side
>take pic related, put one under each side with timber and cardboard on top
>let jack down, car now glides back forth over pit easily
>pull out engine with block and tackle
>push car back, strip engine
>swap engine over, pull car back, engine in

Wood is relatively cheap. And the solidness gives a strong psychological comfort secure feeling. That is worth a lot to a scaredy cat like me. I just cannot trust harbor freight cast iron jack stands with my life. So adding wood as insurance is the way to go.

The key thing is that wood blocks be wide. That way they do not fall over if the car wiggles from side to side. Someone else posted their wooden cribbage stands (under the wheels). They were cheapskates and the wood stands were not very wide. Someone leaning on the side of the car could possibly push the whole thing over.

>harbor freight cast iron jack stands
>cast iron
u wut

looks like Veeky Forums has had the luxury of never watching any of brittanyventi's streams

warm, juicy neatness

mine are 1foot by 18" and about as high as what you have pictured with a piece to extend the height by 2 more blocks

I've put my weight into kicking the car trying to knock it off the blocks and it aint going anywhere. doesn't even wiggle.

>t cannot trust harbor freight cast iron jack stands
don't blame you

Harbor Freight jackstands and pieces of wood that had been sitting outside for about 4 years.

minions are disgusting

about 4 blocks of wood, concrete bricks and jack stands

is that a yugo? cant they just pull a better one out of a ditch and use that

Is safety worth it?

Just put something stable under the car aswell, like your spare or summer wheels.