New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/wUh6itNN

> Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/December/Take-a-look-behind-the-scenes-with-design-documents-from-The-Legend-of-Zelda--1169414.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azimuthal_equidistant_projection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thoughts?

Dont screenshake when firing, or change it somehow

Cool grenades

nice fps

what about the shadows?

Was going to say they didn't look right overlapping, or coloring other boxes but figured that'd be nitpicky

The high framerate makes them look sexy

get a good colorscheme.
stop using shades of grey for your BGs.

this will increase your (You)s by 100%

coolors.co

Make screenshake generally lighter, but use that kind of shake for when you get hits maybe?

I agree with that overlapping shadows looks kinda goofy

>tfw yesdevs are being actively oppressed by the removal of the (You)

(You)'s got removed?

>(You)s
so 2016, enjoy your dots

I still see them but I'm using 4chanX

a

Bokudev, I love your rapid content generation, this is looking really good. Level design always seems so daunting to me, yet it seems natural to you (and in 3D no less!). Keep up the good progress man

b
same

4chanx is mandatory to read this thread anyway

ebic

Pepes get outlawed, (You)s made worthless.. this may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

So I'm working on the inside of the house, I finished making the table/chairs/sofa, import them and...I don't think they fit? Compared to the picture of the outdoor area, it seems like the furniture I made is too highly detailed/realistic to fit. Am I wrong and just being overly critical?

this is a good post.

>win10
>ABP
>chrome

draw the shadows to a clipping mask, then apply that mask to a fullscreen grey square. then you won't have overlapping shadows.

and alternative would be to draw them to a buffer as black, then just lighten/alpha the combined image.

yeah, you got carried away detailing things and lost track of the art style

it happens. having rough concept art can help

kek

Fug, I thought so, I just was hoping someone would tell me otherwise so it wasn't like I wasted time on making them. Guess I'll save em and maybe they'll find use in future projects.

it's not that jarring, but if you keep them you're going to have to make all the interiors the same way

i'm making good progress on my physics based platformer prototype

are ......... me?

I don't have any original idea for my game. And without any original idea I don't have a drive to work on it. Everything has already been made.

The shadows shoudln't move unless you character emits light, think about that.
I thought you had columns when I saw it yesterday, but now thar you have changed it to gray I see what you meant by shadows

Someone has to give you guys a daily dose of progress since agdg has turned so bitter these days.

Check this out.

nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/December/Take-a-look-behind-the-scenes-with-design-documents-from-The-Legend-of-Zelda--1169414.html

The only thing that matters is execution (and PR)

There's no originality left in the world. The best you can do is pick up already existing ideas, mix them, then add a part of yourself (tm) to it so it'll have that unique touch.

I call them "shadows" by abuse of language because I've made them to represent the part of the screen the character can't see. I could reuse this code for actual lightning though.

If you have low standarts, sure.

Of course there is originality left, but I can't think of anything. And when I can think of something, then it's too hard to code for me.

So make an iteration on a game you like, fixing what you believe to be flaws.

Oh, gotcha, How about switching the column coor and the shadow color then?Dark gray columns and black for the invisible section might make more sense.

I don't wanna do rip-offs I wanna create my own game, not just simply copy other games.
It must have an original core mechanic, but it's too hard to think of anything, or too hard to code.

So it's too hard to come up with something, you're too good to do something somebody else did first, but you absolutely must make a game?

It really sounds like you don't want to make a game. There are a bunch of other hobbies.

This is how it looked yesterday. I'm not sure if I want to improve this feature or ditch it. I just made it by curiosity.

Progress?

That looks fucking cool.

OK, stop bitching and leave then.
People are trying to help you and all you do is complain about how impossible it is to do what you want to do.
If you don't believe you have enough creativity to do something original then it's probably true, because you have convinced yourself about it.
This general is about game dev, you will probably find more comfort discussing your limitations in /adv/

Funny how making the shadows the same color as the occluding object makes them look like 3D pillars instead of shadows, never would have thought

>you're too good
Where did I ever say I was to good? Are you retarded?

>It really sounds like you don't want to make a game
No, it just sounds like you are butthurt because you work on your unoriginal clone which has been done a million times before.

What are you working on in the mean time? Oh right, nothing. Fuck off nodev.

t. nodev who produces boring clones and gets buttmad for getting called out

>nodev who produces
????????

I just thought of something. Creativity is a bit Darwinian, isn't it?

New ideas are just copies of old ideas, like genes. The small original parts are like mutations in real life. The good ones are kept and the bad ones are left out.

I guess marketing money overrides bad mutations though.

why aren't they fighting back this is just senseless murder

I had forgotten to give them weapons.

>self confessed nodev
>using nodev as an insult

here, I even went ahead an got your thread started on /adv/

I remember playing your DD11 spaceship crew thing, it was terrible and felt very trial and error.
Watch out because you're counting using the fps_real value, unless that's your intention. And the shadows should have lower depth since they're over the blocks.

>being this butthurt that you have to start a thread about it

It is, even Newton, quite possibly the brightest mind in history admitted that his work would have been impossible if there hadn't been others before him.
He said something about seeing further by standing on the shoulders of giants.

>Watch out because you're counting using the fps_real value, unless that's your intention
It is.

>And the shadows should have lower depth since they're over the blocks.
I noticed that as well, I'll fix it later.

>I remember playing your DD11 spaceship crew thing, it was terrible and felt very trial and error.
Thank you for the feedback. Can you go more in detail why you felt that way?

are you inside the earth looking out?

>i just thought of memetics
good work, Dawkins

I saved that to my "don't bully" collection.

Basically two ways to play:
>try to go behind enemies
>they suddenly wake up and shoot
>2 hits and you're gone
Or:
>stay back, prepare your shot, shoot twice
>bombs explode, enemies die
>do this for the rest of the game
It's tedious and repetitive, if you accidentally get too close they go berserk on you immediately, two shots (they have 100% precision) and you're gone.
50% of the times someone gets stuck or you fire too close to a wall so it bounces back to you and you die. When you reload you have to wait 10 seconds because the cursor won't show up and let you shit (I think it doesn't recognize the mouse at all).
Plus you're slow as shit and I still don't understand if that shift to dash/charge works.
And Windows thinks it's a malicious program everytime you click on it and you have to choose "Execute anyway."
Sorry man.

night aggy dagg here is a quick peek of this level (50% done) before I go to bed and continue to work on it tomorrow.

How much does your game weigh? Looks like you have a billion models and textures and shit.
Also, are you finished, mechanics-wise?

>Sorry man.

Don't be. This is just a very early prototype and your feedback is valuable to me. Thank you.

Some of the things you said are already fixed, the others I'll work on.

>And Windows thinks it's a malicious program everytime you click on it and you have to choose "Execute anyway."

I have no idea what to do about this. Is this just the usual message you get when clicking a .exe?

Im somewhat finished mechanics-wise. Busy making content now so the kickstarter will have more meat (aside from the polished demo iv been doing for demo days).

>New ideas are just copies of old ideas
Complete bullshit. They may be inspired by other ideas, but not just copies. Sounds to me like you guys never played an original game in your lives.

Post example of original game?

Ikaruga is a prime example of originality.

hi this is nintendo

nice game but i'm gonna need you to remove my IP, thank you

May I ask why would you kickstart the game when it's clear that you can finish it on your own? What would you need the money for?

Yeah I think I worded it badly, basically the blue box thing (W8/10) or the white one with the yellow bar (W7) that tells you the source of the program is unknown.
Possibly GameMaker has a signing option when exporting that prevents this? I don't know, even if it has one it may still ask the user.

What is this

1) To have the chance to make the game better if it gains some money.

2) To have polishing money to polish the game further (Hire a freelancer/programmer) to help out on stuff that could use better programming. (I'm not a programmer and im making this thing on my own so I could use the help).

3) Expand the games content based on how much money thus bettering the game

4) Have money/get paid for my time working on it since im an indie with no publisher and I dont want to have to work at mcdonalds I wanna work on Bokube full-time.

5) Making my games have kickstarters gives them more marketing by default, being an indie with no publisher or marketing budget (bokube is made on $0.00) kickstarter helps normies to see the game.

Not gonna ask for much really probably like $2000 as a baseline for the amount to get a freelancer for the stuff I want help with and then if im lucky exceed that and make stretch goals.

i think it's the earth turned inside out

pretty spooky

1), 2) and 3) are the same thing.

its 6am and I'm tired kek.

Because I'm a money horny fuck that's why I made this game in the first place, so I can get little children to fund me their parents money.

Someone sounds butthurt. What's wrong with taking money from parents?

Because I want fucking money more money than I could ever steal from you fuckers.

It's just obvious that he only does it for money.
same like all the furrfags here.

How?

ignore the shitposters i always support agdg kickstarters if the game looks good and i will support yours

Because I want money to fund my transition.

What nintendo IP is this? Is this a fangame?

>grown up makes a game for little children
>goes to kikestarter although he obviously can finish it on his own
Gee, I wonder why...

>depressed shitposter is also a tranny

it all makes sense

how could the many worlds interpretation be true if we live in a simulation

THINK ABOUT IT

THEY'VE BEEN LYING TO US

I see. Could you post your game so I can see what a game "not made only for money" looks like?

>although he can finish it on his own

Whats wrong with getting money to better the game? You can always improve the scope/polish of a game with more money EVEN IF you could finish the game on your own, its a matter of you could finish the game BETTER with extra money.

Though he said here that his game is actually made on $0 thats impressive I cant imagine what some kinda kickstarter cash could do.

>mature games for mature gamers like myself

>hurr you can't judge about food without being a cook
This logic is one of the most retard ones and it's amazing that some dumbfucks still use it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azimuthal_equidistant_projection
I can do it with any surface though, not just spheres.

>thinks GTA is a good example of games for adults

>grown up is making a game while not making any money and wants to make money to work full time on project.
>shitposters rails on him for wanting to make money.
Am I crazy or is it the mentally here of you fucks that you want devs to be stuck here with (You), making next to nothing struggling like you with no game as failures WITH (You) forever?

I'm not particularly good at animation, started working on an attack. Any tips?

I think he's being ironic, looking at his gif