/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Everyone's Angry Edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 - Downgrade: 10.7 (11.1 via DSiWare, 11.2 system transfer - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 *READ IT*
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU+Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Bootrom dumped. Soundhax userland and fasthax ARM11 exploits announced at 33c3: youtu.be/8C5cn_Qj0G8
↳soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint works on 11.2 and below: github.com/nedwill/soundhax
-DS games from the SD card now, shit compatibility and no saves: gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
↳compatible games list docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0
Freeshop DMCA'd

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-possible new PSN spoof being announced during the weekend >PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications
amazon.com/Mini-Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-nintendo/dp/B00HNWZE18
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Freeshop CIA QR code

can i just use another card with games and shit on it from my old hacked 3ds on my n3ds i just got done hacking?

I can't wait for you retards who actually used Freeshop to be hit with a huge banwave incoming soon

I used manual CIA downloading and FBI 3dsx lol
They can't detect me, I can't be banned. You guys fucked up and didn't cover your tracks well enough.

The other thread is on 660 posts , the bump limit on vg is 750 you complete fucking dumbfuck nigger cunt, now kys

I've been wanting to make an OP for a while now but I'm never around during the time it's appropriate.

Nice b8 m8

It's not bait, now that Nintendo has gotten into contact and threatened legal action against the Freeshop creator, what is stopping them from coercing him into injecting some shit into the next cache update that can be detected

Try it.

ez stay on 2.1.3 and just update titlekeys

Free vidya on ps4 when

>them from coercing him into injecting some shit into the next cache update that can be detected
don't cross the streams and looks like your tinfoil is slipping

Freeshop does nothing by itself.

3dstitlekeys is the website they want to take down.

God, Nintendo is so fucking stupid. They don't even know how freeshop works.

the only thing free the PS4 is getting is ganu loonix

>, what is stopping them from coercing him into injecting some shit into the next cache update that can be detected
Coerce him how? They know nothing about him except his Github name and email. Literally all they have against him is the logo. That's why he's remaking it and rehosting it.

Not to mention Freeshop is opensource, even how to make the cache is. So anyone can go grab it and make their own if the worst comes to worst. Or use any of the 50 alternatives that exist.

Is this actually needed? I just downloaded it from TitleDB inside FBI.

Cache is required to be up to date

I bet you are the type of retard who says "I have nothing to hide" when people ask you about how you secure your data

Freeshop can be detected through Nintendo looking for people who ran that program considering all cartridges and programs have an ID that is sent to Nintendo's servers, expect a freeshop ban shortly

They could easily get his real info if they follow through with legal action, and yes freeshop is open source but i'm sure Nintendo could get information out of him that shows how it could be detected.

that QR code downloads it from the github repo so idk how tf you got it or wtf u even got

stay frosty

Should I install A9LH, because some user said it's obsolete and I dunno what's going on honestly

>They could easily get his real info if they follow through with legal action,
No they couldn't, lol. It's a DMCA over a logo. All he has to do is stop using it.

>yes freeshop is open source but i'm sure Nintendo could get information out of him that shows how it could be detected.
No they couldn't, lol. Again there's 50 alternatives that do the exact same thing and the eshop itself.

>Freeshop can be detected through Nintendo

Are you actually retarded?
Go to my.nintendo.com and check your account activity. It has literally no records of all the games you download through freeshop or whatever.

yea it's older than coal just wait for sparkhax

That's what they want you to think. They know everything you download from their CDN, and they can detect whether that digital game is legitimate or not. They are just waiting for the best opportunity to drop a banwave. Yes, the game you downloaded needs to be legitimate with a signature from Nintendo. Cartridges also have that signature.

>expect a freeshop ban shortly

I'm visiting home for the holidays and found a couple old cubic ninja copies. Do they still have any use these days or no? I'm already on a9lh so they're no good to me, but maybe I can sell them or something

oh, and N will ban me? I have zero carts, beyond smash, and don't play online on lobotomised 3ds anyway. give me 1 reason why should I care and not just sell the 3ds once/if it is banned?

why-oh-why should I care about game data privacy and whatever you are trying to imply with >"I have nothing to hide". PII =/= game data.

can you fuck off and take your tranqs

They still have use, they're still around $40 or so on eBay last I checked.

if Nintendo could detect people playing pirated copies of games online, they would have banned them already.

The reason why Pokemon banwave happened was because retards used online before the release date and gave themselves away.

The Github repo got DMCA'd, so where that QR link can it be coming from?

FBI's TitleDB simply showed it in the huge list of downloadable stuff and installed it.

It's... crashing and going back to the menu screen, though. CIAngel worked.

>finds a screw driver
>meh i already screwed something that one time better throw it away
>batteries run out
if only you had that screw driver

>sparkhax

What's that?

you sound like a hoarder

Someone help with Soundhax
Isn't it supposed to be working for o3ds?

reposting here in a fresh thread :

If Steins;Gate guy is still here, I'd still like to have those voice files. I know timezones are making this difficult, but I'm trying again to ask you even if we're several threads later.
I'm using this fancy pic to summon you.
I hope you'll see it, I love what you do.

>Pokemon banwave
sun/moon? wasn't there one user who leaked review version or something and got himself raped by N?

>hoarder
I will not sell my smash copy at all. In case I need to do the same shit with another 3ds.

People got banned for playing sumo early. Then there was worry about being banned for playing online with a freeshop version. He's fear mongering because there have been bans recently, and the recent drama with freeshop make his memes believable to people who aren't that clued up.

Lmfao @ all those pirating poorfags who will get banned for using free shop. Get a job you faggots and be useful to society then you can afford some games too. Just bought FE: Fates with all dlc. Feels good man

not an argument

I'm visiting home for the holidays and found a couple old cubic ninja copies. Do they still have any use these days or no? I'm already on a9lh so they're no good to me, but maybe I can sell them or something

yea im in the middle of a forest where the nights are cold and dark but I'm not gonna chop wood for a fire that'd be hoarding.

anyways you'd be correct if i had 40 copies of cubic ninja instead of holding on to the only one i manged to find

super secret hax in the works

>Get a job you faggots and be useful to society then you can afford some games too.
but user, why should I pay for something that I can litelarly just download from the internet for free?

>super secret hax in the works
what?

Did you downgrade? If you did then you need to change the "otherapp" bin.

>I just spent $100+ USD on a single game

So we aren't gonna get banned in the near future for using freeshop right? I'm picking up a copy of Pokemon Sun and Moon tommorow and I don't wanna buy a new N3DS for this bullshit

>super secret hax in the works
is this bait or legit

No, i can't even launch the HBL
Maybe some USA o3ds are still not working?

I have an O3DS and it worked. I dunno what made it not work for you though. Maybe redo the steps and double check everything?

Does CFW on Wii U allow me to play online?

Like, pirating Splatoon and playing it online with people?

Just curious haha

t. mad poorfag

Yes it does, as long as you use the Brazilian method (which you should no matter what)

Do you know how long Freeshop, let alone titlekeys, have been a thing? Do you know how long people have been using it without being banned? Put this into perspective too. Do you know how long it took to ban people for going online early in Pokemon Sun and Moon before its release? Near instantly.

You're falling for the fear mongering. Stop falling for it.

Oh yeah I'm so mad I didn't spend a hundred bucks on 1 game.

this, don't let garbage that leaked over from /v/ fearmonger I suggest you ignore everyone that shitposts

any software that can nand dump from my computer? I have my 3ds backup on my desktop and want to dump the nand for when I move up to arm9, but don't want to put my SD back into my 3DS to do it.

how the fuck do you think that dweeb from 33c3 managed to access that nand sector? I'll give you a clue: sparkhax

Stop falling for the trolls. The best thing you can do right now is delete a9lh and all that crap and maybe MAYBE nintendo will forgive you

The only way I know of to dump sysNAND is by using Decrypt9, Horuglass9, or Gomode9

i guess i can wait then. when will it be out?

fuck if I know I'm just taking an educated guess. Someone must have reached the same conclusion as me and is working on the bug. I'm just trying to coin sparkhax in case he's browsing /hbg/, which he is.

Yeah i missed some files
So i got homebrew launcher
What now?

I've followed the FlimFlam69, and I have now dumped my nand with rednand.
I have moved the files back to the sd card, but when I try to get haxchi to boot into the nand on sd, it instead goes to the mocha settings screen.
What am I doing wrong?

Should I leave my ps4 on 4.01?

Someone please explain what this new Sighax is and how it's better than A9LH

get familiar with it, install homebrew .3dsx apps like JKSM to dump game cart saves, install a theme, run emulators, etc etc.

3DSX homebrew apps: 3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications

Themes: 3dsthem.es

if you dont play online, simply dont update your console ever. There are rarely huge improvements which outweigh the benefits of eventual cfw.

How strongly you wanna play online/play new games?

We have no idea when PS4 pirating is happening and it might have a cut off of what you can play like the Vita.

You could always update then buy another one when CFW gets released.

Woah, what the fuck has happened, all these hacks coming out. To someone that's been on vacation what's happened in the last 2 weeks with the 3DS?

Why is there a new thread already?

I don't even have a PS+, I just want to patch my vidya.

Also what do you mean by cut off of what you can play on Vita? I have a shita also, I thought we could play anything

This. I'd rather update then maybe get a pro if there was a CFW but seeing how long it took for the Vita shit to be released then it may not be worth it at all

Does anyone have links for a Pokemon Prism cia/gbc?

I just ignored it when it first came out, but now I kind of want to fuck around with it.

>cannot load image

Why

Some games require higher firmware on the Vita like Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, it can't run on 3.60. Luckily the Vita has a huge backlog to play, PS4 has lots of games still coming to it.

This but buy another PS4 now/later and keep the first one you bought in storage

Browserhax replaced by stupid easy method of accessing Homebrew called musichax. No more bypassing browsernag for users on 10.7-11.1

works on all firmwares up to 11.2

there should be a thread for it on /vp/

must have expired my bad

so should i get rid of all of my physical wii u games??

Hey /hbg/

Does anyone know if the PowerA Wii U mini controller will work on W7 with a mayflash adapter?

amazon.com/Mini-Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-nintendo/dp/B00HNWZE18

The thing is I thought the ps4 has already been hacked and the details of the hack shared, so why would it take as long as the Shita? The Shita only took so long because no one knew how to get into its pussy

A bunch of shit has been teased and little of it is released

Anyone know how to fix this?

the only thing I heard was that you can install gentoo on it not CFW

I downloaded stuff from freeshop. When can I expect my ban?

>When can I expect my ban?
never.

That was 4.05, 4.01 got blown open like a hajji at times Square

>Freeshop can be detected through Nintendo
It can. But you can turn it off if you want to, just like any other homebrew.
It's not because Nintendo has got some really talented programmers that they are able to send the homebrew information, it's the homebrew devs that can't be arsed to enable (or disable rather) a flag that the information gets sent.
It used to be opt-in to enable this. Now it's opt-out.
Stop spreading FUD.

never ever.

a9lh without all the hassle, pretty much a9lh without a9lh if that makes sense

>/hbg/ filled with /v/ trolls attempting to spread misinformation for (you) points
>mfw knowing it'll only get worse once the switch is released

Sighax is a9lh but without OTP
You also don't need to downgrade to 9.2 if using hardmod or DSiWare

Stop replying to or acknowledging them.
Posts like this give them more reason to keep up their antics.
Please report that type of retarded shitposting.

Sighax was only possible by;

>depriving the device of power
>isolating NAND from peripheral components
>installing an interface using stage 1
>feeding the NAND only enough power to activate target sectors
>dumping the readout
>develop exploit
>injected through linux mobile device

will sighax be required for the psx/gamecube rom function?

you can already run PCSX on 3DS using retroarch just expect choppy sound and FPS drops

Fucking lol

yeah but that was to find sighax.
not to actually use it.
to use it now youd need kernel access or hardmod. you dont need any of the convoluted things they did to find it.

yes you can then install gamecube cias and play them from the home menu

Can I use the no-outlines patch in an actual cartridge of Pokémon S&M?

thanks
I know it'll probably be laggy as fuck, I just want to try it.

thats why I said "was only possible" the method of injection i wrote was practically an advanced hardmod no different than what we've had for ages but the method of development is just so prox

yea