/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Botany edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Heavensturn/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for huh

xth for exploring

And finally going to bed.

Yth for BLUE MAGE CONFIRMED.

You don't even deserve my reply.

Bluefags are worse than Dancerfags at this point

>Spiderman gets bit by a spider, gains it's powers
>Blue mages get attacked by monsters, gain their powers
???

>the reference is what i decide to be!
>has to be totally a coincidence that the movie director's name is samurai in japanese, that was announced at the japanese fanfest!

Bluefags eveyone

list what white magic and black magic RDM might get in XIV.

Odds potato
Even durrgon
5 u decide

>that was announced at the japanese fanfest!
Source: your ass

green mage when

>Y-YOSHI MENTIONED THE DIRECTORS! AND ONE KINDA SOUNDS LIKE SAMURAI!
He literally said the directors WEREN'T related to debunk the rumor. There's also multiple different directors, he never specifically named one.

That said, we are probably getting Samurai AND Blue Mage.

It's called Arcanist.

ur all fuckin gay cunts

What if...

White magic: Refresh, Convert
Black Magic: Freeze, Break, Trine, Beta

>F: You wore a Spider-man T-shirt today, and the director for the Spider-man movies is Sam Raimi. So that means…?
>Y: Spider-man has a few movies, and there isn’t only one director. (laugh). It might be a “spider webber”. (laugh) I stated earlier that we will implement jobs true to the FF series, so you might argue, “what do you mean “spider webber””. (laugh) Anyways, please do speculate

Try harder Bluefags, bet you unironically thought Scarlet Witch was actually Dancer.

What's hilarious is that this board actually did have a real female who was very, very cute at one point. But you all harassed her so hard she was driven to /wowg/, where she literally became the legendary queen of that board, and gave out timestamped nudes to at least 2 people, and was actually found-out to have literal mental illnesses, and was one of the most legendary prolific trolls of the century, who'd built up separate trolling memes on xivg, wowg, bnsg, and in-game separately for all of them. It was amazing really.

One of the absolute champions of shitposting who was legitimately a cute crazy girl (who loves jesus) and even she thought this place was too shit to hang around. What a time to be alive.

Huh?!

That's a mistranslation, he literally said the director was not related.

>next tank is spiderfolk tank

>and there isn’t only one director
This implies to me that the Samurai thing is debunked, user. He specifically addressed that rumor and ignored the BLU one. I don't want either of these jobs.

Spiderman is WEB

Who else webs?

>Spider-man has a few movies, and there isn’t only one director. (laugh).
>isn't only one
...So he was saying the director isn't related. What's your point?

Was she the chick who got drunk and gangbanged at the meetup?

>Official translation from Gamerescape is wrong now

Yoshi had to damage control because he wasn't allowed to announce Samurai during an interview before EU fanfest.

Will Bluefags ever recover?

What if..
WEaBoo?!?!?

See
He literally said there isn't just one director to address that rumor. He debunked SAM.

That doesn't mean we are getting BLU, mind you.

>guys they figured it out before EU fanfest and I have an interviewer asking me about the reference
>should I confirm it even if I'm not allowed to or should I just laugh it off?

Scarlet Witch all over again.
I wish Bluefags would take off those tinfoil hats and use their brain for a second.

He didn't just laugh it off. He straight said "there isn't just one director".

Why are samfags so obnoxious? You're reaching way too hard.

oh

I understand that people on the spectrum cannot read between the lines, but what should he have said?
It's not the one spelled like Samurai, that would confirm Samurai, it's the one spelled like Jon Wattsuru!

I'm probably replying to the Noroi.

Started playing again recently, really amazing what just adding a report button does huh

Jesus what happened to this place? It used to be such an active general, and now its utterly dead

Red Mage isn't getting Convert, simply because Black Mage has it

People stopped shit/slutposting now that they cannot get (You)s anymore

It's morning hours for US. Everyone is back at work after the holidays. They also removed (You)s which is nice since it means less people posting out of boredom for attention.

He could have omitted the director line altogether. The way he said it looks like he wanted to debunk the rumor gently, and lean people in a different direction.

I'm not in the BLU camp, so I'm not going to speculate on what that direction is, but SAM seems a bit unlikely given this. Especially seeing as Samurai doesn't fit the theme of Ala Mhigo.

>mfw people on every board have been bitchiing about removing (You)s
>mfw you can tell every single one of them is a shitposting attention whore newfag because we only even had (You) for like 2 years

>Y: Spider-man has a few movies, and there isn’t only one director. (laugh). It might be a “spider webber”. (laugh) I stated earlier that we will implement jobs true to the FF series, so you might argue, “what do you mean “spider webber””. (laugh) Anyways, please do speculate.

I don't know how people can ignore both this and the increasing amounts of Mammets that have been in the game the last few patches. It's going to be Puppeteer.

>we're supposed to care

>Puppeteer
Puppetmaster*

Also mammets don't have strings.

Deadthreadpitpost

Do NOT take the bait. It's Amber throwing another shitfit. Report, hide, and move on.

Metaphorical puppet strings, not literal.

I'm retarded, what oufit is that? I see a bunch of people with it but never bothered to check. Now I'm curious.

>/xivg/ still doubts that SAM won't be a high dps tank like WAR
>/xivg/ still doubts that BLU won't be a high dps healer like SCH

It's obvious what they are going to do

Arachne head and chest, replica dreadwyrm legs

I just realized that RDM will have to have a million self buffs or else he'll suck dick. Because getting cross classes from WHM and BLM won't get him any dps buffs

They already said cross CLASS is going away in favor of cross ROLE abilities

they already said they will drop crossclasses and rework stuff

Good thing they're scrapping cross-classing as you know it

There's no way BLU will heal. The only healing moves BLU has ever gotten is shit like White Wind and Magic Carrot.

I'm not saying it -couldn't- work. But they'd have to pull a LOT of shit out of their ass to make up enough healing Blue Magic.

How much damage should my wildfires generally be doing at i230?

If BLU is actually coming it would be a caster, and considering RDM took already the spot, and I doubt we are getting 2 casters, it will be a healer

Considering how they changed classes like SMN, SCH, MNK, etc to make it work in this game, I feel like it's the most reasonable type.

About 2000 more than what you're doing.

How are Ninjas doing current patch? I mained one at the beginning of HW and they were quite decent.

>RDM took already the spot
First of all, stop this meme. No where did they say they wouldn't double dip on roles for new jobs. One of each role per expac is NOT sustainable.

Second, Blue Mages typically have to get hit in order to learn spells. Have you considered that it could be a caster tank and SAM could be DPS?

Sam is melee healer.
Blu is ranged tank.

Bilf me i kbow what yoshis fart smell loke haha

Sounds about right

They will NOT add two dps jobs so base it around that.

They're good.

Why are highlander girls so great?

>They will NOT add two dps jobs
Source: your ass

FFXI added multiple DPS per expac all the time. They never said they wouldn't do that here, so why wouldn't they?

cg

This isnt FFXI.

fish

>he thinks they will actually make blue mage learn its skill by traditional means

what's gonna happen, my poor yoshidrone, is that you will do jobquests to get your disappointing monster abilities that will play out exactly like any other spell in the game, just with recycled animation

caster tank doesn't work because auto attacks interrupt casting, so it's either caster dps or healer

WoW did it too, as did nearly other MMO that introduced new jobs. Again, what's your source? Why do you think they won't double dip roles?

Because they are just sturdy enough to be amazonian and just girly enough to not look like roes

I never understand why people try to make feminine highlanders with those manfaces. It always looks pretty bad if you ask me.
You're better off running with it and just making tomboys.

>what's gonna happen, my poor yoshidrone, is that you will do jobquests to get your disappointing monster abilities that will play out exactly like any other spell in the game, just with recycled animation
But I'm okay with this though. If anything it makes it more exciting because you're doing a quest for each spell and hunting a specific monster.
>caster tank doesn't work because auto attacks interrupt casting, so it's either caster dps or healer
Instant cast spells, or uninterruptable spells. Make it a "stance" similar to Grit or Shield Oath. During that stance your casts cannot be interrupted.

literally the most desired melee, it's a guaranteed static spot for raiding

>WoW did it

Thats literally not how WoW works. They added DK which is tank/DPS, monk that is tank/DPS/healer, and DH which is tank/DPS. They would never ever add in a class that was 3 DPS specs.

Mate when DK was first added all 3 specs could DPS or tank.

Pros anf cons of each race. Go.

>this is what tankfags actually believe
you are not getting it, please stick to your guaranteed nerfed warrior

I'm not a tankfag, I prefer DPS. I'm just saying it could work.

>manfaces
You know real life women have jawlines too, right?

I still dont see how that equates to XIV adding in two classes that can only DPS. Im not arguing this to blow anyone out. I just think that the sheer lack of creativity in the current tank and healer environment compounded with how queues would be if they added two highly demanded DPS at once would be terrible. I can already feel RDM not playing much different from a BLM with jumps/dives and that concerns me because theres room for tons more new tank/healer mechanics.

>tfw ywn have a qt highlander eb like this one

Who the fuck wants to play as 3DPD in Final Fantasy XIV for the PS3, PS4 and PC?

>tfw i'm starting to realize Red Mage is going to be a DEX class that shares with Scouting

Damn ninjas have an entirely new job for casting magic now

this is way too much work, especially in this game where they deliberately try to keep the jobs sameish

also
>BLU with heavy tank gear and a tiny scimitar
nope

I was just chiming in with my own two cents since I played that expansion.

You guys seem to keep forgetting that in endgame content main tanks spend most of their time out of tank stance rather than in it. If Yoshi made them interruptible in either then it would pretty much ruin the job's chances of ever getting into a raid group. At least as MT.

Why don't you ask everyone who plays female au ra that question?

Any chick with a highlanders jawline has a dick user.

>almost never get compliments
>get compliment
W-what do I do?

>Hyur Midlander
Pro: Average
Con: Average
>Hyur Highlander
Pro: Buff as shit, can look pretty good.
Con: Niggers
>Elezen
Pro: Men look great when done right.
Con: Women look like shit 99% of the time, and those necks are awful on both.
>Lalafell
Pro: Adorable girls
Con: Men are retarded and you're walking pedo bait.
>Cats
Pro: You get to live out your weeb neko fantasy, women are very cute
Con: All "males" are cakebois. Females have "same face" syndrome and turn out like generic sluts a lot.
>Roe
Pro: BEEEEEEEFCAKE men, women have the biggest racks in the game
Con: Hard to make the females look good
>Au Ra
Pro: Raen are fantastic, especially females.
Con: Xaela are edgelords, ALL of them. Males especially look like edge lords so bad I cringe every time I see one.

Sure man.

post lewds and get more

You forgot the fact that there's literally no option for giving male highlanders actual eyebrows.
It's the one thing keeping me from playing one.
Female highlanders' faces have more problems than just the jawline, user.

Male potato Dark Knight.

I have no lewds, I'm sorry

Don't listen to him, highlander user! Just take the compliment and maybe /pet me

*sneers*

Hanna is cute!!

Let's try following a model where every gear grade only gets 3 jobs released for it

of Fending
>Paladin
>Dark Knight
>Warrior

of Striking
>Monk
>Blue Mage?? (maybe)
>???

of Maiming
>Dragoon
>Samurai
>???