pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttws-public-dev-log
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dead general. Dead game. Dead thread.

what is your current and/or go-to starting SPECIAL in FO4?

pic related

I've told you guys several times that extended periods of time with no posts will 404 the general

>thread 404ing a little over a year after a new game came out

FO4 is the biggest video game disappointment since FO3

no fucking shit, user?

>reminder
TTW 3.0 s o o n
taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttws-public-dev-log

Went to sleep and didn't do my usual playthrough during the dead hours since I was trying to fix my schedule a bit. Whoops.

no user, you should kys as your screens add nothing to the general as proven by our slightly under 400 post short thread

: ^ )

Went through the old thread and saw a new tripfag and two or three of the replies to his post were basically
>loltripfag gtfo

what kind of area would the glowing sea have been before the nuking? I don't mean where is it on a IRL map, but if it was wooded, industrial, suburban etc., with the underground labs and the like, I'm inclined to think it was a typical suburban area (churches and such) with an industrial estate nearby which housed secret labs, too

I also hate how the glowing sea is even a thing, but in DC the landmarks haven't even toppled over, but hey
>Bethesda
so I shouldn't expect a genuine attempt at world building, I know

I'll save this general. Don't worry.

how do i make 4 not run like trash?
also if aiming weird or is that just me

For some reason I always go with the lady killer perk first. As far as stats, CHA is maxed and INT is at 7. Luck will always stay at 1

i'm hyped for this, but having to restart my game will be a major pain

>Don't spam the thread with pics! You namefags are the ruin of these threads

Yeah, well.

We've been exploring the National Guard Training Yard for the whole night, looking for a distress signal. All we found is a whole lotta ghouls, more ammo than I'd expected to found and a X-01 inside a bunker.
This is...good. Now, time to report back to Paladin "DENSE" Danse

If fallout 4 has taught me anything it's that the enclave might be right

>I also hate how the glowing sea is even a thing, but in DC the landmarks haven't even toppled over, but hey
Are you mentally deficient user?

The glowing sea was created by a high yield megaton+ size nuclear bomb, most all of which had been decommissioned long before the war in favor of smaller yield bombs that produced more radiation.

Ay-you-tism

Can't seem to be able to fix this. Type 3 work just fine, but Type 6 isn't and give me unmatching textures.

>not having a never ending amount of 30 - 50 hour playthroughs

step it up

>use super nuke because lol
>don't use any nukes at all on city, even though that doesn't mesh with what we know about the series

Whether he's wrong or not, it's still retarded.

>tfw fallout games will never remain as fun past the initial 5-10 hours

I want to marry KLE0!

You sunk the previous thread. I hope you're happy.

>use super nuke because lol
Again, are you mentally handicapped user?

Did you miss that super important military instillation in the Glowing Sea?

Do you not know what the Minutemen Sentinel defense system project was?

>don't use any nukes at all on city, even though that doesn't mesh with what we know about the series
Except they nuked the city twice

Once was in Cambridge, another was the big ass nuke we see at the beginning of the game that hit right next to downtown.

Did you play this game at all user?

Role-pla-(you)-ing at its finest

We spent the night at Cambridge Police Station, trying to sleep a little even if there's a giant douche in the other room, walking with a PA while everyone in the building, including his companions, are trying to get some rest.

Everyone sleeps except for him, oh poor Paladinsyth Danse

once this comes out, I'll finally get around to making a wee mod that removes the train stations and places a caravan "going west" that you can tag along with for a 'three years later...' instead of changing the years the game starts and it being nine years that first transition.

one way trip, because that shit is long.

>another was the big ass nuke we see at the beginning of the game that hit right next to downtown.
the nuke you see at the start is the glowing sea nuke, senpai.

The one that hits in the opening cutscene is the Crater of Atom seen in the Glowing Sea, not the ones in Cambridge. The sinkhole also isn't a crater, unless you're referencing something else. I'm not sure if it's explicitly stated that the Cambridge crater is a nuclear warhead or just a crater resulting from some form of collapse.

I am super upset nobody joined in my metal fever.

I doubt the crater in Cambridge was created from the impact of a nuclear warhead, the whole place should be flat as the glowing sea. Maybe something exploded underground, maybe some piece of fallout fell from the sky after the blast, hence the huge rads in the area.

Wrong, if you actually look at the direction the nuke hits, its the nuke that causes the big crater in downtown Boston

Its explicitly stated the cambridge crater is the result of a tactical nuke hitting the area

4 has the best gunplay outside of vats

user, it's not. The nuke at the start of the game was trying to hit the Sentinel Project site and caused the Glowing Sea.

Regardless of how it's represented and shown, Todd Howard has stated in interviews that the Glowing Sea is the result of the bombing shown in the opening cutscene. As the others have said, in lore, it can be explained as the Chinese aiming for the Sentinel site.

Where did you see the Cambridge crater being stated as the result of a tactical nuke?

Except it very clearly wasn't as, if you look at the direction the nuke hits at, and compare it to the in-game map, it hits nowhere near the glowing sea, and, in fact, hit where we see it hit, aka, the downtown crater shows previously.

I find it baffling people still think the intro nuke was the glowing sea nuke when it was pretty well confirmed after the game came out that it wasn't.

But you always end up getting these kind of people cropping up after the game has been out for awhile, but who weren't there when everything was being discovered, so they are behind the curve

>Where did you see the Cambridge crater being stated as the result of a tactical nuke?
Its stated in the offical guide and by Arlen Glass(whose wife and child lived in that area and were killed by the nuke)

It doesn't really matter how it's represented in the game if Todd Howard himself stated on record in interviews that it's the one shown in the Glowing Sea. The Glowing Sea crater is directly south/southwest of Vault 111, so yes, it doesn't make sense going by the cutscene, but the nuclear warhead seen in the intro was devastating enough to cause the eradication of everyone on the surface above the Vault. That fits with the environment around the Glowing Sea, not the craters shown in Boston, Cambridge, and elsewhere.

>by the nuke
I think I have the guide somewhere, but I'd have to pull it out and comb through it. 'The nuke' seems to refer to the Glowing Sea detonation, but I imagine smaller yield warheads could have hit the Commonwealth, like the ones launched by the Yangtze. Though, as the other person said, I would think even a small warhead would cause more devastating effects than a sinkhole and some fallen buildings.

>getting up on your own high horse after being btfo

baka

>I would think even a small warhead would cause more devastating effects than a sinkhole and some fallen buildings.
Honest question, but have you played any of the previous fallout games?

Like, even as far back as Fallout 1 the devs have said that nukes in Fallout were designed to cause very little if any actual physical damage, which is why cities like Los Angeles, Bakersfield, and San Francisco still stood in pretty good condition despite the fact they all got hit.

Seriously, this is Fallout 1 era lore here.

> 'The nuke' seems to refer to the Glowing Sea detonation
No, Arlen Glass mentions he lived in Cambridge, and that after the war he went to go find his house only to find hit had been entirely destroyed by a nuke hitting it.

>It doesn't really matter how it's represented in the game if Todd Howard himself stated on record in interviews that it's the one shown in the Glowing Sea.
Todd said a lot of things that were later disproven by the game.

My mention of 'the nuke' is referring to your specific language, because calling something The Nuke, in my mind, refers to the large warhead used that caused the opening cutscene, as opposed to simply a nuke, which could be any number of smaller yield warheads. For example, think of the warhead you detonate in Megaton, and the effect it has on the entire city. That's a nuke, but that's nowhere near the damage shown by the one in Fallout 4's opening cutscene.

As far as the Todd Howard telling lies thing, yeah, mechanically of course nearly everything he says is easy to show he's lying or exaggerating, but something straightforward like their design logic or placement of things like the Glowing Sea it seems more reasonable to take at face value and chalking up any flaws or mistakes as developer oversight.

Dude, I mean..look at the Glowing Sea, and then look at the Cambridge crater. They seem very different. Obviously, the chinese tried to bomb the Sentinel Site, and failed: the pyramid is still there, 200 years later, all the nukes are intact.

Now, the Cambridge crater..that could be huge, radioactive parts of building and structures around Boston that fell to ground after being blown in the sky by the explosion...y'know, a proper "fallout".

I'm still having troubles trying to understand how nukes work in FO (for example, Liberty Prime goes around Boston throwing nukes, and it's just like granades, so..).
Ofc, the Yangtzee bombed several parts of Boston, but I think those were smaller warheads, like the ones LP uses.

Arlen Glass said "the bombs destroyed our home", but that could be a rethorical figure...not the fact that an actual missile fell on his house.
But then again, like
said,
nukes in FO universe work...differently.

What we know for sure is that the Crater of Atom is the place where the first nuke fell, and it's the one we see in the intro.
Also, we nuke the institute but that doesn't blow away the whole Boston area, so..

>Dude, I mean..look at the Glowing Sea, and then look at the Cambridge crater. They seem very different.
OFC they are.

The glowing sea was caused by a megaton+ sized nuclear bomb, which was basically unheard of in Fallout's unvierse.

The Cambridge crater was caused by the same kind of tactical nukes that fell on places like LA, San Fran, D.C., Bakersfield, and others.

>I'm still having troubles trying to understand how nukes work in FO
The work exactly like they always have.

Very low physical damage, high radiation output, which is why the Cambridge crater is still highly radioactive after 200 years, as is the downtown crater.

These are the same people who called Auriel's Bow a daedric artifact when talking about the Dawnguard DLC.

If Bethesda didn't want to imply that the nuke that caused the downtown crater was the intro nuke, they wouldn't have put a nuke crater there and matched it up.

>add mod using NMM
>it doesn't show up on the list
>this keeps happening and some mods refuse to be added
why

How do you fuck up installing something with NMM?

>big update
might get around to installing those games again

I forget how compatible TTW was with other mods. Do you still need lots of compatibility patches?

I've got 200 mods. There's always been a few that when you add them don't show up as listed on the mod page. It's some bug on their side.

I should have never switched to this thing.

>there are people here who think fallout 3/4 is good enough for multiple playthroughs but fallout 1/2 are not

liberals were a mistake

I've literally never had this problem when installing mods using NMM

Great for you.

Shouldn't you be on /pol/?

Does anyone have roleplay ideas for a female character joining the Legion?

Did you look at the download manager at the bottom and see if it completed successfully?

Was it a new file? It could still be being scanned on their servers.

go away bethbabby

Breeding slave? Basically the only thing the Legion uses woman for.

They only thing I can think of is something along the lies of a mother/helper archetype like Athena and the Greek heroes she helps or St. Helena and Constantine. It fits the Greco-Roman theme the Legion has.

>Anyone who comments negatively on my broad political statement must be a bethbabby!
Ohhh, you're one of THOSE kinds of shitposters.

That actually helped with the current two giving me problems, so thank you!

Any chance you know why some sit in the download manager as paused? It only started happening after one of the NMM updates and I download the files first before adding them.

They'd still rape you and not let you do boy stuff.

Yeah, I meant more in a "scientific" way: you can't actually have huge amouts of rads, and little physical damage, at least when it comes to nukes IRL.

Yeah, the glowing sea was hit with something similar to a tsar bomb, while all the other "nukes" seem to be more like "dirty warheads".

Sometimes you gotta deal with a bit of rape and bite your cheek to play the heroine.

Even assuming the Legion isn't as misogynistic as portrayed in FNV, there aren't many places for women within the actual Legion, so you'll ultimately have to play the role of the breeder, or you'll have to be a merchant or caravan owner who is protected by the Legion, effectively not joining the Legion itself.

>The one major public role reserved solely for women was in the sphere of religion: the priestly office of the Vestals. Freed of any obligation to marry or have children, the Vestals devoted themselves to the study and correct observance of rituals which were deemed necessary for the security and survival of Rome but which could not be performed by the male colleges of priests.

A sort of cleric/child of atom...even if there's no such thing in NV.

why wouldn't they be as misogynistic? women are only slaves in their camps used for popping out kids. they might actually be worse than muslims.

Mulan: Roman Edition.

You would need some kind of flat or chest binding armor mod(s) to pass as a man in the Legion.

No clue, I've only ever had files "fail to complete" or something of the like. Usually only needed to retry or if it failed a second time, manual download then use the Add from File function.

>defending bethesda in 2016

Enclave-Institute alliance when?

I want a mod to turn the Brotherhood into the Enclave so I can be there god damn friend for once.

>Implying I said anything about Bethesda
Is this bait?

>Implying The Enclave would ally with muties

the alliance would probably involve either taking over the institute or kidnapping top scientists and stealing technology to give themselves an edge

then maybe blowing them up

The only reasonalbe ending is for the SS to take over the Institute, cut all the synth crap and flood the commonwealth with synthetic food,genetically breed livestocks and other useful stuff. he/she would literally become a god among men.

Or you could not be a pussy and blow them up.

>The only reasonalbe ending is for the SS to take over the Institute, cut all the synth crap and flood the commonwealth with synthetic food
Except the Institute doesn't make synthetic food, they grow it normally.

Nor does anything suggest they have the ability to actually make synthetic food.

I think he means synthetic gorilla meat.

Can you cannibalize synths?

In theory I guess.

>Though, as the other person said, I would think even a small warhead would cause more devastating effects than a sinkhole and some fallen buildings.
It depends if it is an air burst or a ground burst. From a military perspective, you don't need to vaporize buildings. They just have to get enough damage to be useless.

The adavantage of air bursts are that you can let the mach waves work to your advantage, effectively increasing the blast radius of the nuke. (Then there's faggotry about the triple point, where the reflected wave hits the primary wave, but that increases in height the farther away you get. So let's keep that to another lesson.)

The advantage of ground bursts are that you can crack tougher targets. The obvious disadvantage is increased fallout, as the hard radiation can make the dust radioactive.

The most "clean" nukes are hydrogen nukes, because the fire ball doesn't have to touch the ground.

since they're not technically human everyone could ethically eat synths

Yeah

No, I meant what I said: a food synthesizer like pic related
And, gen3 synths, probably. They're made of flesh and bones, after all.

I know, every ending in FO brings death and destruction because "war never changes"
But wasting a huge amount of tech..hell, the BoS might find something useful, other than Dr. Li

But no, we must blow up the entire place because of one shitty department.

>But wasting a huge amount of tech
Not him, but the Institute really only made synths, and used FEV on people to develop synths.

Besides that, their other technologies like the teleporter and the nuclear generator couldn't e moved.

I'd rather release the institute folk into the real world. The non-shitty ones that survive will end up in science jobs anyways and work on something helpful.

Food isn't a major issue, it's not getting murdered by things. People can farm and raise animals but raiders and super mutants make that hard. More folks die to physical threats and radiation than starvation.

you need to manually add the type 3 textures

T6m doesn't come with any

theres a gorillion of them on nexus so pick your poison, reember to grab them for raiders and ghouls too

>Besides that, their other technologies like the teleporter and the nuclear generator couldn't e moved.
so just move in and put some BoS banners up on the walls

I don't think they needed that technology that badly. That's something the Enclave would be more likely to do.

Maxson's BoS only has around 500 people in it, and the force needed to properly secure The whole Institute facility would put a massive drain on his troop numbers.

Not to mention that, if he doesn't properly secure it, that just allows people who got out the chance to take it back, and refortify it, fixing the failures in their defenses that allowed the BoS to get in the first time, thus starting the whole cycle over again.

why would I want a shitty vending machine like the one in your pic when I could have [pic]

it would also mean they'd have to settle down in the area and set up another big base just for the sake of a teleporter and electricity source

>just for the sake of a teleporter and electricity source
>JUST for
????
????
????
????

This too.

While they will easily be able to maintain the Boston-Logan airport base, adding The Institute on top of that would be a massive drain.

Not to mention the teleporter only works in The Commonwealth region unless you spend a long time charging it up to reach someplace like Far Harbor.

It's really not all that effective for the BoS's coast spanning operations

it's not that big of a deal when you could also just fly to a place, and has ranged capabilities

the alien one was good, there's is kind of shitty

try and remember this is a fantasy high tech world.

That DLC from NV also had a teleporter if I remember. It was more of a back to base thing, but if the BOS wanted a teleporter it would just be for moving stuff they found back to a base. There's a few instances of teleportation in this universe, and it won't be the last. The Institute wasn't really special for creating that. With its limits and upkeep, it doesn't seem worth the amount of resources to maintain.

The Big MT teleporter actually has a smaller range then The Institute's.

Big MT.s is a stones throw from Vegas, and, IIRC, the transportalponder doesn't work in other DLC areas like Zion.

The Institute's teleporter requires some charge up, but it can go much father once it is.

so they're both shitty

The Institute has pretty shit tech now that I think about it.
Worst laser weapons, worst teleporter, shit robots.
Only thing they've got going for them is gen 1/2 synths and the gorillas.

>user
>replying to a tripfag

>Not being liberal
Get a load of this asshole. Go back to reading Ayn Rand and jacking off, you fucking embarrassment.

like a lot of people, I use an extension that user's everyone, user.

Only liberals get triggered by /pol/. Only liberals care about bethesda games.

kys

> worst teleporter
Actually its better
> shit robots.
They don't make robots.

And Gen 3 synths are actually far superior to normal robots because the FEV used in their creation makes them basically unable to break down, and their near human intelligence allows them to adapt to situations unlike older robots like Mr Handy bots who get stuck in order loops that no longer serve an obvious purpose.