/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
>Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
>Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ojHdoUh0Ql4
youtube.com/watch?v=y43HzH0u6y4
mediafire.com/?xhbslgska2d27br
mediafire.com/file/6zv6fabp965qjob/MHFH1.7z
mediafire.com/file/zfjacx8c0keuxps/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_008_-_015_(v02)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/cox39w9dcmc4c4m/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_016_-_023_(v03)_[VIZ].zip
mediafire.com/file/9es7g61k7qrp9ss/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_024_-031_(v04)_[VIZ].zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice general! So alive!

Does anyone want to capture Thunderlord Zinogre for me while I wait at camp? It's the last cap I need for the award.

let it die

why do you want to sit at camp?

I hate hunting Zinogre.

Hello, is this 404g?

That's absolutely no excuse. Stop being bad and go capture that fucking Zinogre, you worthless cunt. The fuck makes you think you deserve a carry?

Sure but Zinogre is too hard and I really would rather someone else do it for me. It's just one hunt after all don't be so inconsiderate. I might see if the robot is on and get him to do it for me.

Generations has only given me a mad itch to play FU again after playing it for thousands of hours.

send help

People like you are the reason why Guild Urgents should be restricted to solo play.

Erika?

this is why non local only online was a mistake

Why do you hate hunting zinogre? He's one of the fairest fights in the series

What did I fucking say?

31-5380-3932-0985
Anything (MHGen)

>Literally oneshot by an akantor
This must be that fun and interesting gameplay /mhg/ was talking about

If you're talking about the beam, yeah it's supposed to, but the tell is long enough to either avoid it or farcaster out
If you're talking about anything else, upgrade your armor

>farcaster out
how embarrassing

>use farcaster
>get hit by lava
>down
>get up
>get hit by the beam
now what?

Don't get hit by lava.

Just dive?????????

Is there something changing with charms in XX?

Something something ... Tama

You would need to stand directly in akantor's face to get hit by the wind tunnel. Also, you can Sonic Bomb Akantor during the start-up when unraged and it will fall over. There is no excuse to getting hit by it

>buys my first MH
>totally sucks at this game, hard as fuck so I decide to look up videos of MH3 Tri on Youtube
>''hey this guy Octane and Teamwork cast are funny and I can learn from them''
>months pass, servers are closed, skips MH3U because no Wii U and finally I git gud on MH4U after many, many 140 GQ
>I go back to these Youtube channels I used to be subbed to for nostalgia
>its fucking cringy to watch

I still owe you a lot and I watch octane from time to time because I find them entertaining

teamwork cast used to be great

too bad it's gone and the ones following 4 werejust shit because most moved on from monster hunter

I hope MH5 has dps counter.

Bad idea, would just provoke autism
Damage numbers could work, though

>new kitchen skill that makes it so that the top DPS hunter in multiplayer hunts gets an additional reward slot
>community implodes in elitistic hysteria

>Metas run wild, with canta and other skilled hunters getting shunned and kuro'd by the masses

>GL is further nerfed
>GL users kicked on sight because people can see how much they sucked now

Oh boy, can't wait for even more Hame and min-max autism
>>>/flavor of the month MMO general/

I hope MH5 has foot smell counter so we know how powerful each monsters foot stink is.

meant to

>there are hame rooms on a mh without g rank

Hope you all are doing all right.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojHdoUh0Ql4

What are some acceptable looking relic body armor (besides Ludroth) that doesn't look like complete ass with the Furious Rajang Waist?

Try tigrex. or wroggi

Right now what's getting to me is my own self hatred resulting in autistic rage resulting in more self hatred so on and so forth
All because I only scored one pilot kill in my last game of titanfall
was still 3rd on the scoreboard though

really gay romantic music helps though

Hope you do better next match, friend.

I learned how to dodge the beam just fine (not before getting carted) but I cant really make any better armor than what I got now near 400def, I have no idea what kind of sets I should be making. I should probably get my p.rath armor for this mon just for fire res even though it has even less armor

03-5863-9222-9491

>soloing Shah piece of shit Dalamander for first time
>Doing well as far as I can tell since he destroyed half the area by the 20 minute mark
>Endless meteors keep falling on me and sending me into attacks the one shot me
Is there some way to mitigate this complete bs oversight of a game mechanic? Or will I need to cheese him by shredding on him with a lance?

Avoid the meteors.

Iirc the beam is harder to dodge the farther away you are.
Get as close as possible to him if you can.

Kind of hard to do so when they track me and go 110% "fuck you" when I attack and am unable to dodge away in time.
Then which's the aoe effect, which I find fucky and a pain without evade extender.

Overall the meteors are bullshit and otherwise the fight's simple as fuck. Even 140 Shaggy's Michael Bay impersonations are less bs.

Watch someone doing the fight. Do the same thing. There's very little variance to the fight.

I have already. Nobody else has the problem and their meteors are miles away from them compared to me being carpetbombed by them.

Then your game is defective, throw it away.

Too poor for another game.
I will just have to keep trying. Might have just been really bad luck so far.

4U post anything
32-4786-9066-4082

I want to join but I can't currently.
God damn it. I want to co-op and see if soloing 90% of the game at least made me not shit already.

>hearing 2 dreadking 3 OO

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a scale of 1 to adept DB, how easy is it to pick up and play Bow of Memes and Dreams?

I never played gunner, don't have any gunner set, I use the touch screen D-pad to move my camera around.

about 0.8 adept DBs. Rapid is easy to aim and Dash Drinks will never be nerfed

I guess my scale wasn't clear, adept DB is easiest and 1 would be hardest.

Best dragon dual blades in Generations?

Bats can run?

Salamanders

youtube.com/watch?v=y43HzH0u6y4

>we could have had something like this for every deviant
>instead we got one shitty track that sounds way too similar to the apex theme

Will you be a tanned huntress in the next MH, user?

I already am.

nope. pale blonde with blue eyes for life.

Yo, do you guys wanna vocaroo a shitty grunge song that I and some other mutants made?

Sure why not? It's not like having a female character makes any sort of difference

Good reading comprehension senpai.

Y-you too

How do I make the Imperial Gunhammer viable? I know it's decent, but It always falls behind my other hammers, What's the best set for it? specific jewels (Currently I have Sharpness+1)?

MH4U

A-ah you are too nice!!

can i hunt a thon village kut ku to unlock silver rathalos?

???

What armor set did you guys wear for post game in Stories?

silver rathalos requires 200 large monster kills, and i was wondering if i can just farm kut ku. im about 20 monsters away

yeah, thats how i did it in FU.

Naw. Average skin with white hair all day every game.

Can I solo monster hunter tri?

Why would you grind out hunts? You'll unlock Rare Raths along finishing keys anyway

Brown huntresses with light coloured hair and eyes are the way to go.

the only content still available for tri is single player content... so yes.

if the online servers were still up, you probably could still solo that too, but it would be much harder than the other games because tri's online was scaled to 4 instead of 2 like usual.

its only low rank so yeah

show us your huntress user

this fight was bizarre. i was wailing on his legs and didn't get single trip the entire hunt, and the only break i got was on the head right before the end.

felt like a toukiden monster with no depth and not a MH monster. which is weird because all the other frontier monsters i have fought so far have been as good or better than mainline in terms of fun and breaks

maybe i was doing something wrong?

The Scorpions are very odd fights due to the fact that they are based around having different damage types more than any other.

Legs/Tail have less than decent hitzones all around, so you're kinda forced to focus on the claws and head for big hits, but then the breaks come into play.
When the parts are covered in crystal, Impact does the most.
When the crystal is off, Cutting then is the top hitter.
Then finally when the part is broken fully, Bullet damage does the most.

And if you want true hell, to get the tail cut you have to not only break both claws and the head, but then do enough damage to the tail while they are on their back. And if you don't, they'll just get up and heal a break to spite you.
If you're alone with only a single damage type, you're kinda boned. But in a team they are interesting since you have to switch out who's doing the damage to get a full break.

that explains things. thanks user.

i'll bring a full team of AI to the next scorpion i fight, then.

is this going to happen a lot? should i switch my partner to a cutting type or change damage types myself to better synergize?

Not really, Scorps are easily the extreme in terms of needing different damage types.

And eventually you can just cheat like I did in that picture with the skill Adaptation that makes your attacks change into the best damage type for the part you're hitting with a slight debuff.

I wanna level up my Deadeye Garuga from the bottom. Anyway wanna join me and take turns to lvl up deviants?

No I'm not a weirdo. Default male hunter as always.

Might as well.
Also anyone got some slut suit ideas that actually give some skills. I don't feel like grinding end game stuff and would rather make ridiculous sets even if the skills are shit and gimmicky.

This gave me an epilepsy attack.
Removing spoilers is a hell of a drug.

Just started 4U and was wondering:

Are status ailments on weapons worth a damn this time around or should I just stick with elements and blast?

only on relics

Thanks

Monster Hunter Flash Hunter volume 5:
mediafire.com/?xhbslgska2d27br

If there's one thing Frontier does extremely well, it's music.

Sweet.
You got links for 1,2,3 and 4?

Here you go:

mediafire.com/file/6zv6fabp965qjob/MHFH1.7z

mediafire.com/file/zfjacx8c0keuxps/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_008_-_015_(v02)_[VIZ].zip

mediafire.com/file/cox39w9dcmc4c4m/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_016_-_023_(v03)_[VIZ].zip

mediafire.com/file/9es7g61k7qrp9ss/Monster_Hunter_Flash_Hunter_-_024_-031_(v04)_[VIZ].zip