/rwg/ Rimworld General

Indie of the year edition.

>What is Rimworld?
Dwarf Fortress lite - easy to mod and nice for eye.
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/R-RPM/RPM
github.com/R-RPM/RPM/wiki/Specification
pastebin.com/VDuVGH9y
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11160.0
rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Joy#Megascreen_Television
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=109.0
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5y-4sl85o&list=PLhu1IU-H0hU2F5N0nFQPQb4N6bnV2qP_8
youtube.com/watch?v=gmfkR9kEkQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone recommend more mods for me?

i like mods where they add more stuff

I'm working on a sort of package manager for mods
Think CKAN but instead of KSP it's for rimworld

github.com/R-RPM/RPM

I'm not able to keep working on it until after new years because i'm not at home and like a dumbass forgot to sync my local commits before I left

Just want to hear some feedback on the idea, apparently the people on the modding discord think it's a good idea

Some more shit that i've written up
github.com/R-RPM/RPM/wiki/Specification

Still need to work on the JSON schema so actual modders can add shit but I have test repos hosted off pastebin
pastebin.com/VDuVGH9y

Why don't you have any hair mods? Adds a lot of variety to colonist looks. Try spoons hair mod or lovely hair style

Help, a squad of terriers just came into my colony as pets.
Do these eat hay?
Whats the most efficient food to make for them, fresh colony so I'm barely keeping up with the amount of food my humans eat.

thanks my african-american friend

also gave me an idea to download more clothes mod

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

they are trash as pets because they cant haul

eat them, also you can make kibble

Good man, now you will have a fabulous posse instead of the same 3 guys every time

I might also try more clothes

>tfw just finished all the scripting for your mod and you want to to test it but you have work early tomorrow
Cut my life into pieces.

Also, I think I know how to implement rape in a duct-taped together way. I think if I implement it as a possible surgery option similar to administering drugs and then the surgery applies damage to the pelvis (or I could make a new "genitals" body part) then it would be possible to schedule rape for your colonists or prisoners.

I'm still learning though.

Anything else /rwg/ wants in a /rwg/ mod?

>eat them
Luckily a bulk goods caravan went by so I traded all of them for 2 young huskies and an alpaca plus extra food.

What's your mod friendo? Tell us about it.

>Start with terrier
>Before day 1 is over it wanders off into the woods and a fox bites it half to death before colonists intervene
>Little squeak barks echoed across the plains

>Administer: rape
Thanks doc

I've been wondering if instead of list of damaged body parts we can get a graphical representation. Just small human-like character with arrows coming from different places with listed damage.

This way different mods that include alien races could add their own graphic piece representations. As long as they are compatible of course.

Vanilla firearms damage, accuracy, and fire rate rebalance. I hate playing with combat realism because the inventory system and ammo is fucking annoying but vanilla sucks too.

I'll post it up tomorrow after work when I've had time to properly test it, but so far it doesn't seem incompatible with anything.

I'm also going to make moods less bullshit too. I'm going to scale down the effect of modifiers by probably two thirds so that, on average, you need three times as much shit going wrong for mental breaks to occur.

well thats good, also they are omnivores so they eat hay

>never liked Dwarf Fortress because of the shitty "UI"
>friend gifts me this for christmas
>already been up for 36 hours getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by winter
>tfw never had this much fun in a game in a long time

The inventory and ammo system of CR is the best part of it.
But then im the kind of autist who spends hours sticking pouches to vests in ja2.

Welcome friend. Glad to have you around.

>The inventory and ammo system of CR is the best part of it.
I agree that it's awesome, but the mod just doesn't give you the tools you need to manage it effectively. If you're like me and have an autism fort of multilayered turrets providing enfilade fire and several bunkers inside your mountain base in the event of insects and so on and so on then managing all the different ammo using equipment racks is a fucking pain, not to mention it cluttering up your inventory list, and then when you go to form caravans one pawn picks up EVERYTHING and then moves at a glacial pace and dies of starvation, or your caravans are carrying the correct "weight" for vanilla Rimworld but the incorrect "bulk" for CR and the whole thing implodes, not to mention the mod conflicts it causes.

I like Combat Realism. I just want to make a Combat Realism-lite to strip away the tedious busywork part of it and just keep the actually good combat and fun defences part.

I wonder what kind of pact T made with the devil, the journos still keep writing about rimworld even after his minor mental break.

Well Apparello seems popular but hasn't been updated to a16. FashionRIMsta is updated but looks like it only adds a couple costumes instead of general purpose cute clothes

Can't find much else

But those are just bugs that happened because noone actually improves the mod anymore. Its been on life support since a14 i think.
If your thing works out maybe you can have a go at fixing CR up too.

I'm trying Rimsenal hair pack as we speak. I really like how they look on the picture
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11160.0

What happened?

I agree with you on the CR. Trying to care about ammo and stuff is cool but not if you have to actually pick every single Pawn and order them to pick that certain kind of ammo and reload after every goddamn encounter.

I also had problems with caravans going 0.05 hex/day for no reason. I had to make settlement. Drop everything. Pick everything. Make caravan - move out. Destroy settlement. to fix that shit.

Y'know the sexist code thing. Then he thought its happening and went all-in on the writer.
He still has it coming thou, they were just testing the waters.

Yooo I was also looking at that one a while ago, it looks great. Ojou cut is the best. I'm not sure if multiple hair mods will work together, I'll have to try later

Can you link to posts or his tweety or something? I was under the impression some dykes threw a fit at the dev and he shrugged it off instead of giving in to their demands

He didn't give in but he sperg'd out a bit in their comment section.

anyone know how to decrease the portrait sizes of your characters? i have a lot of them and i wish to make them smaller for convenience

>it's colonist puts himself on fire while firefighting and runs away from help episode

>Middle of winter, thick snow everywhere
>It's dark and cold, colonists plugging away in the mines or crafting at home
>Randy drops 75 smokeleaf joints on top of the base

Should I buy a megascreen TV?

Define "megascreen".

IT COSTS WAY TOO MUCH

>year 2, winter
>realize its a warm planet and im never going to get snow here.
Fuck i want snow. Should i restart? I have been at it until 5am.
How do i get a snowy map without much snowing? I want it to be there but dont want to spend half of every day cleaning my streets.

I think I've had more colonists die from being shot by their own comrades than actually being killed by mechs, raiders or animals

lrn when to go melee / fall back

I literally played more with this game in a single session than i did with over half of my steam library together.

Ehm, item in game called megascreen TV

Friend, it costs $30. That's the equivalent to 3 movies in theater. Or 3 large meals at a fast food place. Or 9 packs of magic cards. Or 3 hours at minimum wage.

In the long run $30 is next to nothing. Sure, it's good to be frugal and smart with your money. But honestly, it's okay to spend a bit on yourself every now and again.

Also you can just pirate the game to try it out. Buy it if you find that you're enjoying it enough to justify 3 hours of time. Sound fair?

This time everyone was meleeing a couple raiders that had sniper rifles as they went around a corner, so as not to let them fire. One of my own guys had a sniper rifle as well. When assigning everyone to attack in melee, I must have forgot him and he immediately shot somebody in the back of the head.

I know. That's why I'm still pirating it. Like ever since one of the early versions.
Don't use your murrican logic and murrican currency on me. It's 4x times as much for me. So count 12 movies I guess.

>4x as much
I refuse to believe that it costs $120 for you to buy this game.

sup anons is there a mod with better freezers/coolers? i feel like vanilla is lacking technology wise on temperature

>american education
Fuck off you pig dog yankee.

God I hate you arrogant cunts.

How to deal with Luciferium addiction? My vice-president dabbled in Luciferium when I wasn't looking and now hes going berserk before his marriage. I tried injecting him with smokeleaf but he still went berserk.

It'd cost me a bit above 120PLN so 30USD or you know about 14 movie tickets in cinema over here.
Be it a ruse or not. I'm too naive to not answer the other user. Please forgive me.

Here's your (you), user.
Sounds amazing, please keep it up.

:^)

Same logic still applies. Just pirate and test the game. If you find yourself playing for over 14 hours of time, buy it. Or just keep pirating it, don'est affect me either way.

>Please forgive me.
You can do whatever you want but you should reconsider indulging the yankees. They can swaddle themselves like children in their American exceptionalism and shitty education and their genuine belief that their country isn't a rotting, diseased, decaying carcass while they live in ruins, amid their ruined ideology, in the ruins of the old empire, but reminding Americans to know their place online is fun and games for the whole world.

Oh trust me. i know my country is shit. Full of people too lazy to do anything other than watch the next big feature show on TV, gossip about celebrities, or drink until they pass out. Hell sometimes even all three.

I hate this country and what it's become.
But deep down i will always have a minor feeling of superiority that you will never be able to remove. Fucking nationalism. I don;t even enjoy it, I just know it's there.

European here, this guy is probably angry immigrant on welfare or ruseman

Ignore him

It says in the info it's permanent man, you need to keep giving them luciferium or they will go insane and die w/ 100% certainty

rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Joy#Megascreen_Television

I tried giving the guy his own room with personal food chute and stuff to keep him occupied away from the rest of the colony. I really tried.
He went berserk and had to be put down by his waifu with the superior bow he made.

Yeah I actually just had somebody suddenly with it as well, they are constantly going berserk and there's no stopping them. I don't even know how they got the addiction, why are pawns so stupid?

>she had to put him down
>she made the casket
>she buried him
sick art tho

>its a colonist gets set on fire by a centipedes inferno cannon and just stands theres instead of running away from a second shot.

>Rimworld get's popular
>Tynan gets attacked by SJWs

fuck, I hope he doesn't cave in and starts changing the game to please the tumblr crowd

wait what

rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/

tldr: SJW looks into the RW code and strongly suggests that Tynan is sexist

I believe he responded to this by explaining that the next version of the game it was fixed. An that few things were taken out of context. basically why the fuck are you caring what rps puts out, its all fucking garbage.

Tynan left a comment below the article.

There's nothing to worry about.

Will there be z-levels?
You know, for mining.

Is Luciferium worth using if I can get a steady supply? I was trying to estimate the costs, I was assuming three doses every season, so 12 per year, is that correct? Are the effects worth about 1500 silver per year?

I hear it can regenerate scars and regrow some destroyed body parts now too.

It was quite some time ago but there was Tynans answer on the issue.
Source: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=109.0

Question: Will there be z-levels (vertical mapping)?

Answer: All the coordinates are tracked in 3-vectors already (though only the two horizontal axes are used), so the potential for 3D is in the game.

I am afraid that there is basically no way a modder would ever be able to mod Z-axis into the game. It is a beast of a feature. Here's some basic issues you'd have to handle:
-Pathfinding
-Lighting spilling over Z-levels
-Save/load of a geometrically larger amount of stuff (e.g. 200x200 map = 40k squares, 200x200x10 = 400k squares!)
-Line of sight for shooting
-AI tactical analysis of shooting lines of sight etc
-Cover usefullness varying at vertical angles
-Interface for moving through Z-levels
-Rendering visible lower Z-levels while being on higher ones

I could go on and on... Anyway, there is tons to do in RimWorld, my general thought is that the best cost/benefit move is to leave Z-levels to Towns, DF, Gnomoria, Stonehearth, and all those other games and focus on what RimWorld is really uniquely about: AI Storyteller, tactical AI, and so on.

Tynan already considered himself on that side of the fence, if anything their attacks will push him away.

Can anyone point me towards a YouTuber who plays this?

Looks fun but would like to see someone else play it before I make a purchase

>Rimworld gets popular
>Tynan gets attacked by SJWs
>Rimworld general turns into another place to bitch about SJWs instead of talking about videogames because there's no off-topic subject this site likes more than bitching about SJWs

It would truly be horrible.

here is one not obnoxious with a comfy voice

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5y-4sl85o&list=PLhu1IU-H0hU2F5N0nFQPQb4N6bnV2qP_8

just keep in mind that from alpha 12, he has a 16 playlist but it's a custom scenario

thanks lad. I like his voice, shame the series is a bit outdated.

Give me mods to download that are compatible with each other, i can't stand playing vanilla with this bitch.

>shame the series is a bit outdated.

it presents the core of the game, so I wouldn't worry about it, if you like 12 you will like 16 even more

please help

The majority of mods are compatible since most just add stuff, however the research tree might get a bit cluttered.
Imperial Guard
Lovecraft mods (Monster and Cult)
Extended Prosthetic and Organs
More Trade Ships
Storysteller Pack
Mediveal Times

If your options in vanilla are set as in standard game then I have no clue if there are mods for that. Even if there are some they might be outdated atm. Just look around steam workshop and ludeon mod forums. I have nothing else for you sorry mate.

>Have Doctor with 15 skill, full manipulation, consciousness, etc.
>Another guy loses a leg in a fight, try to put on a peg leg until I can get a prostesis.
>Fail the installation, kill the patient.
>Reload, fail again, kill again.
>Try again, wind up removing the other leg.
>Six failures before I get the installation of a peg leg correct.

Is there some secret to operations that I don't know about?

High quality bed, preferably hospital bed instead of ordinary medical bed, vitals monitor besides it

But operations are high risk low reward either way, especially without a mod that adds good prosthetics

I didn't know that, sound neat. But if you run out you are boned, or when other colonists decide on a whim to eat your supply because they think they're red jellybeans

,,,and above it all. Proper medicine. Not herbal ones. Those got nerfed to the ground.

I would highly suggest Blitzkriegsler. Guy has a crazy comfy voice.

He's also recently started a play in 16.

youtube.com/watch?v=gmfkR9kEkQE

Thats his side channel. His main one has some good stuff on it too.

You can disable them using the buttons on the bottom right corner. You could also scale the UI down from the options menu.

This, and for important operations glitterworld medicine. I'm not even gonna attempt brain surgery or organ transplants without all of the above

I suppose the nerfs are because it's possible to produce normal medicine from herbal now with the drug system, and you could plant herbal en masse anyway, but it still sucks

>Guy has a crazy comfy voice.

is that a joke? he sounds like a faggot

>Psychically sensitive
>Steadfast
>Very neurotic
turboautist workaholic?
keep or kill?

keep him faggot

I almost always have a couple very neurotics, it's like industrious-lite. Your guy even has steadfast to cancel it out, would give a comfy room/10

>he doesn't like listening to the sweet sultry voices of faggots

Anything new happen to this game since 2 months or so from now?

Maybe I'll take care of another colony if so.

I also looked around for videos of rimworld after I started playing to see how other people play it. I found his channel the most bearable.

>I found his channel the most bearable.

yeah, yeti is ok for a "big(er) youtuber", there are literally few out there that don't feel like "hey guys welcome to my minecraft channel!" tier

plumphelmetpunk4lyf

Show me your killboxes anons, I need to be inspired.

I've always used my dudes to defend but this time I want to git gud and have an entirely automatic base defense.

Maybe it's far from perfect but works pretty well
Sappers are a bane of automatic defense

Not bad, one of the main things I'm unsure of is the size, I don't know if the raiders would just stop at the doorway and shoot in or how to prevent that.

So far, enemies attacked turrets, but die too fast to deal serious damage.
Also use mines at chokepoints

Read the devblog.

I can agree with you on that, user.

I found that if you have a 3 tile thick wall sappers take so long to get through you can walk up from behind

Sometimes they try such a stupid route that they give up after a lot of fruitless mining/grenading