Absolutel nothing happens special

well that was, abysmal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PrqYohBV58o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the same joke told over 20 seasons gets a little old

but there is nobody good enough to take their place yet unfortunately

i dont mind that, as long as the content is good. I think this is the first special ever where I didn't even pull a smile. for contrast, first time I saw the vietnam or original africa special, I choked laughing, and I still do.

its just overly scripted to the point if them actually being poor actors, in a desert with absolutely nothing happening, in 3 more or less identical cars with no character. its just about as bland and uninteresting as the desert they're driving through.

im kinda getting the feeling from GT as I did from going to their live show. its just too goddamn scripted, they're just playing characters.

holy fuck this episode was bad

oh neat, an opinion thread. can you link me to your blog so I can subscribe?

must be hard for you finding your manual meme threads and HALP WHAT I BUY with my thread in the way.

How much did the production crew pay you to say this user?

500 quid maybe?

framed closeup of clarksons gob

They need to let them improvise, the blatant scripting started to drive me a bit crazy during the end of their top gear run. I've stopped watching GT because it's so transparently scripted.

Not every line needs to be a fucking laugh out loud meme, just let them fucking interact with each other.

None of them are funny enough to improvise.
They need to either: hire competent writers or stop trying to be funny

Right, this BAAAWW I DOENT LIEK THING thread is much better. BTW, OP, I enjoyed it.

good for you?

I remember once saying this; the parts aren't as great as the whole it once was.

Top Gear as we know it died when Clarkson punched that producer. Top Gear is crap now because of the lack of characters while Grand Tour's problem is the lack of good writing.

This special was dreadful, not the worst. That was the Indian special in my opinion but this was dry, blunt and too scripted. 2 stars for "try hard"

I'm just tired of reading the same reddit-tier opinion on a comedy show taken way too seriously by autistic retards over and over again.

and yet it was the best episode so far, it took them six episodes to get this far and even with so many years on top gear under their belt they still didnt get it right...i know burma/vietnam/africa special every episode is too much to ask for but please grand tour...at least make an effort

i liked it but they stopped just as it was getting good

dunno why Veeky Forums pretends to hate top gear now when every other carshow is pretty much the same.

Maybe idk take a break from watching top gear? If you've been watching it since clarksons helm in the 90's what else can i say
I told Veeky Forums it would get better

that was my point more or less

a top gear special has always been good and entertaining. this one was shocking. 24 minutes in and i just wanted to quit watching.

I fucking love top gear, I've been to all the live events in northern europe. the charm is gone, replaced by really stiff and unnatural acting and scripting.

the fuck are you talking about it was always scripted.

Its only the 1st season you have to give them some time.

This special was the best episode they've done in almost what 5 years and that isnt enough for you?

>Waaa its more scripted
No its not TKUG 2002 was insanely scripted

>This special was the best episode they've done in almost what 5 years

desu the episode before this was better, and I barely remember it.

the last top gear africa special was fucking fantastic, as was argentina.

that was almost 4 years ago dude.

Anyway i have a soft spot for the specials they havent even done a bad one yet.

The regular episodes have ALWAYS been a mixed bag

So is that fish head still under Hammond's seat?

I never thought Top Gear could get worse, but when it did with the new team I thought surely Grand Tour couldn't get worse than that, but it did.

aand i miss dunsfold, and i miss the stig, and i miss the toothless yobs in the audience, and i miss jeremy ranting about speed cameras for 10 minutes

my feelings about GT is basically summed up with that american they got.

i loved the now (Old) top gear 2002 but it was time to move on.

The show got stale and ended at just the right time for Clarksonhammondmay to go onto greener pastures, BBC and EU went full cuck with diversity qouta bullshit and behind the scenes meddling.

I'd much rather have 3 seasons of TGT then 3 more seasons of TGUK with a tired old formula and the UK govt and media breathing down jeramys neck every time he did something 'controversial'

As much as parts of TGT SUCK like the fucking stupid american or celebrity braincrash the rest of the show is solid and once the kinks are worked out its going to be as good if not better than the golden era of TGUK02'

what hurts me most though, is that guido and that ginger cunt holding the stig hostage

and with the bullshit amazon budget we will probably never see some shitbox challenge ever again. they can afford to blow the fucking moon up with ICBMs now, what do they even need a rover 25 breaking down on the m4 for.

desu i liked the buggy special and the buggies themselves ok sure they wherent cobbled together peices of shit like they normally do but they where just as fun.

TG prove you dont need a shitbox to have fun trying to fix it.

midrange to expensive cars shit themselves just as much.

Idk hopefully next year they'll take us even somewhere more insane then that desert.

>Idk hopefully next year they'll take us even somewhere more insane then that desert.

was it that insane though, really.

>OI JEZZA IM ALMOST IN THE WATER

but they where?

remember that dodgy road they drove on in southern america, with that giant fall down and the maniac drivers. or the ice cracking beneath them on the north pole.

now that was actually tense and scary.

but they almost died

they are getting on mate jezza is like 56 hammond 47 and james may is 53

they did that stuff a long time ago and they are getting a bit too old for that

i personally hope they go out in a blaze of glory

jezza did look fucking old in this one.

I just turned on the north pole special. goddamnit TG, you were so good

I literally have not managed to stay completely awake through a single GT episode.

I seriously fall asleep every time. It's so goddamned boring.

I kinda had hopes for the special...

>tfw currently downlaod part 2

Is it not worth it then?

Did he make it across the waterfall gorge? Don't leave us 'hanging'.

>it's all scripted :(((
You mean they didn't actually kill Clarkson with a shovel? I wonder how many of you angry nerds are actually older than Clarkson's first episode of TG. Probably less than 5.

Have they gotten rid of the "unfunny star in a reasonably priced car, but they die on the way here, then James says "so they aren't coming on then?"" bit yet? I'm sure it was a fucking riot for the people in the tent that hadn't seen a previous episode of GT with the exact same shit, but it's fucking awful for a non-live audience.

idk what you fools are talking about
i really enjoyed this special

all mr.wilson's fault.

;_; we knew this day would come

>navigational fuckup wastes the entire first part of the special literally driving in a circle
>The bit about getting stuck in the incoming tide wasn't that threatening because the film crew vehicles were getting by just fine so obviously there wasn't real danger
>Similarly, when they went over giant sand dunes, a film crew guy had to go first to film it from the bottom so obviously it's safe, you could even see his tire tracks

>Second part is just 20 minutes of "oh my god this washboard road surface is shaking the car apart"
>Poacher detour is totally uneventful
>Nothing funny or interesting happens with their Butler and stupidly expensive camping setup
>James setting his car on fire was beyond obviously scripted and it still ran fine after so who cares
>We don't know if the stupid little beach at the end was actually the beach they were looking for, probably not
>Beyond retarded cable car idea when we could have been more entertained by them fucking around in the bush trying to find a way around in their dying cars

its not as good as the first

there wasnt enough content for 2 parts so part 2 feels a bit weird and the ending is very anti climatic

same it was nice.
The hammond falling off the cliff didn't feel scripted.
But it's hard to tell.
When the scales broke when weighihg hammons car that wasn't scripted either.

is netflix glad they dodged a bullet?

i wouldnt say its terrible but its not great is it.

its sort of 5th gear tier where it will never be as good as the show that spawned it

As shitty as Grand Tour is, it's still better than what Top Gear is now.
youtube.com/watch?v=PrqYohBV58o

that got canceled though.

>They need to let them improvise
They ARE improvising. The events are almost scripted, but their dialogue isn't. They actually are that uncreative; top gear was so good because the producers understood how to get these manchildren to do something entertaining

I'm sure it's still making money. Even the shitty late Clarkson Top Gear series drew audiences.

i doubt very much its making 300million+

If only the production team and producers had gone with them. Oh wait.

It's made a lot of new Prime subs, which over time should return that much and more. Amazon are super-agressive and don't mind short term losses if it means drawing business from competitors.

so its basically amazon losing money in the short term to gain more in the long term?

>amazon
>losing money

nigger they just bought a fleet of 18-wheelers and cargo planes because none of the dedicated shipping carriers in the world are good enough for them.

money is clearly no object

ah true i just googled they worth 66+ billions and facken ceo is worth more than that alone.

dont know anything about them never really used them being a ausfag they havent really made a presence here yet

Not worth torrenting then?
I'd had to be one of those people that got prime just for this.

I came for the free shipping. I stayed for the show.