Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/ (formerly yasp.co)
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5kwwd6/full_translation_of_lgdruru_scandal/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for valve coding

reminder that every hero can build arcane boots, and veil for ebin magic damage playstyles

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land?
this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

post em

Meme sneeper
Veil atos mjol eul eblade.
Force anyone that tries to manfight you to stand in shrapnel for fucking ever with sick 360 no scopes.

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5kwwd6/full_translation_of_lgdruru_scandal/

Holy fucking shit

>game stars
>guy laning with me
>suddenly disconnects
>poor network conditions detected

fuck this game man with the amount of shit it deserve to die already

>tfw winning all of my calibration games
What MMR do you guys think I'll get?

What do you get for a mana item on ck? Echo seems okay but going straight AS seems superior.
Drums?

what do you mean 360 no scopes?

valve will do nothing and they probably knew that slut had the key. As usual shit happens and gaben doesn't care

thanks based reddit spy

echo

how can a hot girl be such an evil ceo?

>He doesn't know

>got special API key.
>team got invited to Boston.
REALLY MAKES ME THINK.

lol

Popping euls while in your own shrapnel to prevent your death.
Carry tries to smash you, veil, shrapnel, atos, Euls self or euls self atos after they try to escape.
The term itself is a meme new friend.

>Valve bans Ruru and LGD from all Dota stuff
>Ruru uses her contacts/cuck ex-husband in Perfect World
>Valve gets banned from China or put through a shitton of nasty hurdles if they want Dota/Steam to stick around

You have to play nice with Perfect World if you want to operate in China. The market is too big and too profitable to worry about some cunt with contacts and a grudge against you.

I'm not defending Valve. There are a couple of ways to punish/stop this kind of thing, but why would they aggravate someone who has their balls in a vice?

Always armlet afterwards? Or can skip and go mjol? I hate being pigeon holed into the same two items because muh illusions.
Do illusions get the echo proc?

then go to the 2nd known chink game handler or whatever you call it

How'd I do.

>pick troll warlord
>enemy team last picks bane for ebin bkb piercing stun
>he buys 6 clarities and does nothing but cast enfeeble on me nonstop in lane

whats the hero to spam forr mmr this patch guys?

>drums
>mana item
no matter how many changes it goes through that never ceases to be a funny joke.

Soul ring early game into -> echo saber should cover your mana needs till the very very lategame

""""supports""" who ruin other people's lane should not be allowed I mean they are called supports and not game ruiners

I don't think there's a more satisfying level 25 talent than giving some a reverse Rapier

Seriously hope your carry bought all damage items because that shit is no joke

Drums has always been a mana item. What are you on about? Now it's even more so because of the mana regen.

>Chinese dota fans are already suspecting if LGD has some secret deal to Valve so that Valve send LGD to Boston.

>Mfw I joked LGD paid to get play in Boston
>mfw they probably did

There is none. It's perfect world or nothing. At least until Alibaba get into the dota/gaming scene more. All esports and stuff are overseen by ACE, which are buttbuddies with Perfect World as far as I know. People literally need a "perfect world id number" if they want to play dota, possibly even for steam as well.

Valve has literally cancelled both Halloween and Christmas to favor chinks it'd be no surprise to know they did things like this. I mean they gave a Major to China and it somehow went worse than you'd expect but they'll probably get another one next year cause they need them chink moneys.

I hope you're joking

valve would never take money from LGD, they'd do it for free

go to opendota and see if your team or opponents estimated mmr show up and you will have a feel

Arlmet a shit on CK and has been for quite a while, its just one of those "classic" builds that people don't really bother trying to improve or adapt to patches because it does well enough.
Treads>Soul Ring>Mealstrom/Echo saber>Maelstrom/Echo->mjorn> depends on the game (BKB if needed/SnY/Manta/MKB/Aghs/OC/Skadi whatever)

The thing about CK right now is that he is insanely tanky with 2.9 STR gain, his illusions only take 200% damage, his main weakness used to be being unable to farm well, now that illusions gain flat attack speed you can solve that issue with a malestrom->mjorn while also giving them an insanely cost effective DPS increase (before 7.0 you would have ot buy AGI items to gain attack speed, which suched shit for STR illusion heroes)

>drums 1780 gold +6 INT
>null talisman 470 gold +6 INT
Drums used to be a mana item like litreally 3 years ago, its INT bonus got nerfed again and again but people never seemed to catch on.
New drums is slightly better than what we had for the past two years, but as a "mana item" its still a flat out joke since Soul Ring exists.

Am I retarded for being on a 16:10 resolution? I was fiddling with settings and I can see more of the map on 16:9, or the UI seems to be better proportioned or something.

I wish I could punish her with my dick

>chinese boyface
>hot
PICK ONE AND ONLY ONE

>Won 6 games in a row today
>tfw just lost my first game
forced 50 has finally come for me guys
i don't want to play dota anymore today
i'm not in the mood to lose another 6 games in a row right now

Anyone tried playing carry treant? It's fucking insane

>LGD had access to private matches
>still bad team

>never play arc warden b4
>watch like 5 mins of replay of him
>try him out
uh is this hero broken?

>battlefury antimage
>dragon lance templar
>first item blademail pudge
he's not broken per se. the 2k shitters in your bracket just don't know how to deal with him

Why is armlet shit though?

>battlefury antimage
?

battlefury anti-mage doesn't win you games in 7.00
maelstrom into a later skati is the new build

Thanks for the surprising informative post ck user. Funnily enough that build even works as a slow build for ck support. He's honestly in a really good position this patch as a hero that can still be quite effective early and not entirely item dependant

With the new retarded jungle camps not bf is not as good as it used to be

I played a radiance naga and i was surprised how fucking slow the farm was

>she'll never involve you in her devious plans

Thoughts on HOTD ck?

>Farming
>In League of the Smash Dota Bros 2

You'll teamfight for 40 minutes and you'll like it retard, just wait till they buff Urn, Mek and Greaves to encourage more deathball teamfights

>when you choose support because no one else is but then the two stack that's playing with you decides to both play support

good stuff

great stuff

hotd is the new meme item to buy on every carry

Help me d2g/

>I'm usually used to support and safelane carry since I started to play arund 2 yers ago
>Don't play for around 5 months and once I discovered the news of new patch I came back right away
>Decided to learn to offlane properly since is supposed to be the most satisfying role
>Realize that I don't have enough mechanical skill to actually survive and resort to use clutch offlaners like Nyx and NS

Is there a guide or a d2g/ approved video to help me dominate my offlane? Shit usually goes like this.

>If trilane I usually get kited and denyied out of exp range and have to resort to stack the jungle camps and try not to die while the safelaner gets free farm
>If normal duo lane I can't seem to be able to get a sucesfull lane aggro going on because of the support completely fucking me up
>Die one or two times and if I feel like I will just keep dying just go somewhere else and lose my tower

I'm willing to give away a 3.5k MMR account for somebody to help me. Suscribe to my blog etc.

So I read in this thread why bf on am is bad, but I still don't know why armlet on ck is bad. Explain pls

if you're playing a solo offlane you're not expected to dominate it

It's not bad though. It's a cheap and effective way to get a bunch of extra tankiness on your illusions if you use armlet before popping your ulti. It's even better now that CK has innate lifesteal built into his passive.

>you're not expected to dominate it
You mean by people that think logically expect you to not dominate it.
88% of this community will blame you for the free farm carry and you getting dived by a trilane when they never carried tps and never swapped lanes to prevent that shit from happening.

I miss when you could expect people playing a game to at least have working knowledge of how the game worked. Now you have to expect that everyones a fucking moron.

>implying that 88% of the community isn't trash

>ck now has 65% lifesteal built into passive crits
Holy fuck i didn't even see this.

This guy says that is it shit though I am confused now

Maybe go back to LoL where offlaners are designed to "dominate" the offlane, here in Dota if you get a kill in the offlane it's because the safelane is full on retarded, no offlaner has any business being able to last hit let alone dominate a lane unless of course you play a good Dark Seer and lane solo against melee have fun hitting into that double shell super Radiance at 4 minutes faggot

>carries cucked
>dead thread

rmyt

It's not that I want to "dominate" the lane per se. The thing is that I don't feel like im hindering or disruptng the enemy carry farm enough to actually make a difference or being able to force a rotation allowing me to last hit a bit more reliably. Pretty much what I need to actually understand is:

>How to go offlane and not feed like a motherfucker because of the enemy supports
>Force supports to rotate

I alredy have farming habits and map awareness but I feel like even when I have a 8 minute midas or any important item as an offlaner I can't do anything noteworthy to fuck the enemy carry because they have a security detail around them or my teamates refuse to gank becaues of muh farming.

The main issue with armlet is that what it does isn't actually what CK needs.
Armlet gives you 500 HP, 25 AS, 65 damage and 5 armor, illusions get 500 HP, 25 AS and 25 damage, its a cost effective midgame damage and tankiness item, but a midgame CK is going to have around 2k hp anyway, and a CK with level 1 ult + luck/level 2 ult is really not going to actually even notice the damage difference that much, after all 3 CKs hitting you for 200 damage and critting for 600 are going to melt you one way or the other, you don't need the armlet to fight midgame, it's nice to have but if you play a few games while skipping it you will notice that it's not actually that necessary.

What CK needs is a way to beef up his illusions for lategame, and to do that he needs gold. With the changes to illusions and Echo Saber being added as an item, its far more effective to just rely on those for your damage midgame and focus on getting gold and items for latemgame, mjorn being an incredible DPS item while also solving your farming issue somewhat is just what you need.

To reitirate, armlet gives your illusions tankiness and midgame damage, but thats not actually something CK needs that bad, the ability to farm and do damage lategame is far more important.

Used to be better, personally I don't think it's worth it with the jungle changes and changes to the dominator itself, CKs crit lifesteal is too unreliable to just shift click yourself through the jungle while farming an empty lane with a creep
malestrom/mjorn won't really let you clear ancient stacks and it doesn't build into satanic anymore

sometimes you just cant

sometimes you'll get very hard lanes like shadow shaman/crystal maiden and a carry like sven or wraith king

the types of lanes where the best thing you can do is sap what exp you can and defend the tower whenever the lane pushes in

if you're playing a solo offlane, you really should choose a hero that can farm side camps, never miss your bounty rune, and if you can, steal their safelane jungle bounty.

>can't gank the enemy carry

If you can't gank them, fucking outfarm them and become the carry.

>playing against someone with Asian characters for their usernme
>they get ganked
>they start spamming all chat in Spanish
nice game dotards

Nice thx

>>How to go offlane and not feed like a motherfucker because of the enemy supports

That depends entirely on how good the supports are at zoming. Sometimes they'll be "supports" that steal last hits, push the lane in your favor and other shit you make your life easier. Other times you're way outside XP range because of an Oracle with Drow Aura making space. Best thing you can do is buy Stout Shield, get yourself an early ring and make Tranquils early for XP sapping.

>Force supports to gank

You can't unless the enemy is bad. Offlane isn't something you can just be "really good" at, it used to be called the suicide lane for a reason before they made it into GoodSafelane with camps and Talon.

You're there because chances are you can not die long enough to become effective with your skills not your farm. "winning" the offlane is not dying once and then ganking successfully with your levels. Anything else is the other laner being bad, winning so hard you force supports to rotate isn't gonna happen unless that person is bad enough to lose the offlane (in which case you've won the lane anyways).

Never realized that Bane looks like concept art from The Thing.

Fuck the white man. Everything good in dota was invented by the yellow man. Valve has destroyed it all for the white man's teamfighting entertainment.

Depends on your MMR, but the "easiest" way is to pick heroes that other players don't respect or who can do really well with relatively little gold.

Weaver/Clinkz being the prime examples, a level 3 weaver can easily get a kill on a lion/cm/ss/whatever if they don't respect how much -armor Swarm gives them and even if that fails weaver can always fuck off to do hard camps to camps to catch up on gold and again because of swarm do a lot of damage midgame without actually needing that many items.
Clinkz just needs level 6 to do 250 damage per right click with 250 attack speed to boot, the second a support thinks "oh clinkz doesn't have orchid I'll be fine walking around alone" you just 3 click their ass.

If you want to dominate in the offlane, pick heroes that have amazing midgame kill potential due to their skills and rely on the enemy teams mistakes to shine, if you don't want to rely on the enemy team being dumb then you have to pick a safer hero, but a safe hero doesn't dominate, that's just the way the game works.
Oh and try to avoid heroes like tidehunter, while they can win you games if your team follows up properly to a well timed ravage, if you are soloquing then its a crapshoot and you will just be frustrated and being unable to do anything other than set up kills that your teammates never claim.

why do people keep saying carries are fucked over

because the jungle is shit and getting a radiance or battlefury gets you a fraction of the farm you usually got

That's some sound advice alright. Thank you for the advice you guys. I will return around 4 or 5 PM to give away the account. I'm such a scrub I was 4k for some weeks and fell right back into 3.5 because I spent hours playing while tilted

P E N I S
E
N
I
S

>rmyt
what do you mean

I am going to list some supports I play and then you guys tell me if they are shit supports for this patch so far. I am a newer player and I just feel like I don't do much playing this particular heroes.

>1 Ancient Apparition
Probably my favorite support to play but from what my friends tell me, he is too passive and needs farm but can't farm quickly. So you end up in this weird position where if you do poorly then you are basically a non factor the whole game with no method of catch up.

>2 Shadow Shaman
I like playng him a lot as well. The problem is that he is squishy and short range and requires god tier positioning. Like how can you position well in this patch when everyone can jump you so quickly and probably kill you in one shot?

>3 Ogre Magi
I hear he is good because he is tanky and can fight early and blood lust is borderline broken apparently if you max it.

>4 Treant
I like playing treant a lot as well but my friends hate when I play him because they say he is too passive. Like sure you have a bash gimmick but that is about it. He isn't particularly fast and can't really be a core. You can't not get living armor so you can't play the more aggressive leech seed build. I like him but he is another hero that may be shit?

enlighten me on these supports. Particularly AA because he is my favorite.

my list of reasons carries are cucked
>jungle spawns nerfed in 7.00
>jungle bounties nerfed in 6.84
>kill aoe gold buffed in 6.82
>kill exp buffed recently
>shrines that allow constant ganks
>towers falling too fast
>games snowballing to 20 min ends
>a single kill allows the enemy team to get tons of gold despite not farming any creeps all game
>carries can't carry against teams that run at them
>ganking playstyles trump all the others especially carrying and only memepushing comes second
>support pudges hooking heroes 3 times his networth and solo killing them
>brain dead heroes like slark, PA, huskar, sniper, drow and pudge are stronger than heroes that require skill to play such as visage and chen
>buying an early midas means you lose because the enemy team will snowball and roll you over and end the game by 20 minutes because you didn't buy instant memefighting items like drums or HOTD or sny or SHIT
>all carry players including rtz(lmao even this nigger) have been in pain since 6.81
>meme teamfights and run-at-face-as-five dota is constantly pushed as an agenda by that enslaved icefrog faggot so games are "entertaining"
>If you ganked a lane as 5 in the previous patches before 6.82, the other two lanes got more free farm and experience than you did, so people used to do it less. Those days the best you could do was 3 man gank another lane, which meant that individual skill mattered more than simply outnumbering the enemy
>Memefight deathball fangays will argue that outnumbering the enemy takes skill because 5 people are working together as a team. Somehow 5v1 actually takes skill because you're 5 people working together to rape someone?

>AA
good if you get 6 (six) fast and ask your team to go as 5 and memefight with your ice blast
>Shaman
go as 5 and memepush
>Ogre Mcgee
good since you can cuck a carry out of levels and since jungle is nerfed they'll have a hard time getting levels
>Treant
good at setting up a pick off and helps you heal towers

>playing ranked
>can't beat slark
>yelling and screaming "WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT" whenever he hits me
>tfw I'm a quiet and shy trap faggot, but video games awaken a monster inside me that causes my usually feminine voice to drops a few octaves
>tfw my bf watches in horror as I turn into a violent man before his very eyes

I would have thrown the keyboard across the room if he wasn't there.
I need help

Why are people so salty about carries actually having to do shit now besides afk farm a jungle? Here is how it works.

Carries are late game. Everyones else is early or mid game.

If you can hold them off until late game, your chances of winning increases as time goes on. If they can end you before late game. Then you lose. Makes sense to me.

Why should the game always go late to benefit carries? It doesn't always end early either though. Basically, dota use to be about carries and everyone else is fodder. Now, carries have to play strategically because they can actually be fought or fucked with.

I can tell you with impunity that all of the supports you listed are pub trash or extremely niche except for Treant. If you want to ladder (and have high impact, which is important for supports in lower brackets) I'd definitely recommend playing Lion, Venge, Abbadon, Dazzle, Omniknight and in some cases Warlock.
>1 Ancient Apparition
You and your friends correctly identified AA. He is best drafted with a second stun in the lane, either in a trilane or a stun-based carry (although his skillset lends itself almost entirely to trilanes.) It is very popular to get midas on this hero and engage in teamfights with your ult. I would recommend not doing this, but it does win a lot of games.
>2 Shadow Shaman
Positioning with SS is difficult. Get blink dagger or force staff, or both, these items are key on him. Thankfully, it is pretty easy to farm with Rhasta just remember not to take it from cores.
>3 Ogre Magi
I think this hero is pubby garbage but he does quite well with other supports and right-click based teams. He is a lane bully and later becomes a stun machine and buff dispenser. Worth learning but not mastering, at least not yet, in my opinion.
>4 Treant
Treant is not shit but he does rely a lot of your team not being a group of morons. I would not recommend learning him until you have a strong grasp of the role of support.

Basically, your effectiveness as Support is going to boil down to your game knowledge, map awareness, and your pick, not so much your skill with a particular hero. The heroes I listed above are versatile and useful in most situations and I'd learn them first, because they are good to know and learn the role with.

cool story bro

>outhealing sf's harass as bloodseeker
>outhealing literally everything that's not machinegun nukes or autoattack disabling
>run at squishy overextended shitballs aty the speed of fuck with phase drum

literal retard slayer

>Buy an item off market
>Dota crashes and now my item is gone
>Valve won't answer my ticket for 2 days now

haha okay

do people still do fan hero concepts like they used to in the allstars forum?

Nothing comfier than Radiance into Heart Bloodseeker

>tfw bloodrage healing off 3 camps at once

So why haven't you guys began to play skywrath core mid yet?

man its tough to fap to Soe these days

>skywrath

Cuckbird still sucks and only used as a cheese if you know the other team all drools from there mouth

1k fag here, my goal is to reach 3.5k and then never touch dots again. How do I do this?

is zai the kolento of dota2?

the kino is stronk

What do you build as venge support? I have a hard time with starting items. Like what are a good set of starting items? I typically buy courier, tango, lace and whatever else I can afford like a clarity or something.

you think 3.5k is any sort of an achievement?

Where the fuck are my roster shuffles???

There are people in this world who dream of migrating to uk to live in pakistan 2.0, havin 3.5k dream isnt that bad.

From where I'm at now, yes.

>Queue up for a game
>Wait 10 minutes
>Game starts with some fuccboi immediately raging at everyone and whining
>Goes AFK in 30 seconds

high mmr was a mistake