/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #75

Previous thread: Missed out on Christmas Edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

The Third version of YW3 (Sukiyaki) is out! Go spelunking with friends and kill each other's heads over those goddamn traps!

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s (embed)
We're working on an FAQ for Yo-kai Watch 2 now! This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Tags: Yokai, Youkai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=py7WnLAQAZU
youtube.com/watch?v=yFzeFVaMndQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WrXYk_DFoog
youtube.com/watch?v=NK4-4onKtCg
kingjackalope.tumblr.com/post/154949027256/yokai-watch-hanabi-and-the-time-of-miracles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good morning world!!

First for Fumi!

Are you guys enjoying the holiday events in Wibble Wobble? I like the chance to get new Yo-kai, but the lack of New Year's coins is a little annoying since I've been told that some of the new one's are tied directly to them.

Need more sneks

So with Sukiyaki out now comes new yokai, but most importantly the new buster mode.

Seems like this one works a bit like a rogue-like mystery dungeon. Randomly generated floors, get to the stairs/exit, traps, the whole works.

Unlike YWBusters game you and your allies have way less health, even at 99, which makes survival pretty darn difficult, especially for bosses.

Some gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=py7WnLAQAZU Some equipment have other effects applied onto them.

Super Manager T-Buster mode fight: youtube.com/watch?v=yFzeFVaMndQ

New bosses too by the way youtube.com/watch?v=WrXYk_DFoog

At the end of each dungeon is a boss. Some will just be bigger, beefed up versions of enemies while others are legit bosses

Oh, that Naga looks pretty tough

>the boss room has traps too
For what purpose

So you lose

the same reason traps exist my friend: to fuck you over.

So far these are the ones I saw:

Stun: Drops a metal basin on your head to stun
Damage: Spikes shoot up from above and do some damage
Blind: Black smoke erupts and causes your screen to go black
Slippery: Soap appears and turning/stopping is hard to do
Hud B gone: Strange thing happens that removes your Hud for a bit. Probably the least harmful of the bunch as long a you know how to keep track of your HP and cooldowns
Map B gone: Strange things happen and your map is disabled, making navigation difficult.

youtube.com/watch?v=NK4-4onKtCg
It's amazing how a change of scenery makes bosses more violent, even the early ones.

Not a big fan of the hopping all over the room aspect of these fights. It's one thing to make them tough, but it's another to have them jump all over the place to prolong the fight, either that or the guy with the videos is using a weak team

Soap traps lol.....

Ate there any 99 floor dungeons in there then?

not that I've seen, but a lot of the LPers cut off the dungeon crawling part after the first few runs and jump straight to the boss. The most floors I've seen are at least 10, but I think there's deinetly more, especially if you use the online mode.

supposely they also introduce a new food called the forbidden apple. Unlike other foods, everyone loves the rainbow-colored fruit, and it supposedly guarantees a befriending if used. Looks like it can only be gathered via Tbusters. A decent amount is dropped by the awakened/golden bosses

>tfw people spent months on end trying and failing to befriend some yokai only to release an item that guarantees it.
>Googling around, said item is easy to get if you got friends for Tbusting
IT'S NOT FAIR

kingjackalope.tumblr.com/post/154949027256/yokai-watch-hanabi-and-the-time-of-miracles

Looks like the Komasan manga is still getting translated

There's also a warp trap that sends you flying to a random part of the room. More of a time waster than anything since the AI yokai come with you instead of separating the group. Even then it only really separates in online play, and all it takes is one guy to find the exit, which allows for everyone to proceed to the next floor

Is the online a lot of fun?

What are some good yokai to help with befriending?
I've got a shmoopie with a superstar soul, but most of my yokai with enemy inspirits are really underleveled

Devourer in the new treasure mode is really op. One of his abilities is to reduce hp per second so every boss is a piece of cake. Anyone wants to play?

Yaay the YWG is back.

The Christmas Coins were a joke. Stop tying Exp Orbs to the coins.

Something that stops the enemy from moving/increase loafing odds can do

kinda? It're more co-op mode for Tbusters, the likes you see if you get the chance of playing busters. You get a lot more treasure playing online than you do playing alone though, so that's a big incentive.

is this NTR? Is this why Whisper followed Nate around?

I didnt even know there would be New Years coins. Do we know who they'll give?

I know Sailornyan is one of one's locked in them

I know Sailornyan is one of the one's locked in them

The news said Sailornyan, Robonyan F, and Robokapp.

Everything else is probably the same as 3000y pulls.

We need Robonoko now

To be fair, the game is full of trap yo-kai

Yo-kai Specs 14 is coming along smoothly.

fresh oc to celebrate rebirth of general

not even 100 posts in.
Ah, good times.

I can't wait to see more of it!

I hope you draw ladies someday

>not injecting your yo-kai
you have 2 seconds to explain yourselves

So to get mystery way can I just link with anyone or do they need to be on my friends list or what?

best yokai

You can link with anyone, but it has to be a local link. Can't link with those from the internet

Inaho is here to save the thread!

Too lazy

And that's why only whisper hangs around my dollar tree store

I see him all the time at Game Stop.

Drop it

morning bumo

I like to not be a fucking cheater.

Is YW2 online still a thing or is it a bitch to find battles now?

something must still be going on if the Bony army is still getting in the 1000s for ranking players

What's the difference stat wise between Emna and awakened Emna?

This one is a bit more bizarre than I expected it to be.

I'm guessing a decent amount

>dreaming of flat chests
I guess even when evil yokai have good tastes

what episode did Kontan make her appearance in the anime?

Kind of weird how we get Gargaros from this weeks score attack instead of Sailornyan. Since we're fighting her and all i figured it'd make sense to befriend her like for all the other score attack bosses.

I accidentally deleted Wibble Wobble. Is there any way to get my save data back? I was at, like, stage 110.

You didn't do that save file transfer / storage thing that it says it has on the intro menu? If you made a back up you might be able to use that number you made for it?

Other than that I think the only thing you can do is contact them via email or phone, likely email since that's what I did the one time I had to contact them too. Long as you have ample proof of your file like your name and possibly even friend code or something they might be able to restore it. That's pretty much all I can think of, it'd probably depend on what happened specifically. You'd think they would have like a series of prompts asking if your absolutely sure if you want to delete your file.

I forgot about score attack in general, too busy trying to get gargaros
Didn't know Score attack was the only way to get those coins either