smite.gamepedia.com/Season_Ticket_2016

>Odyssey 2017
smite.gamepedia.com/Odyssey_2017

>SMITE FACEIT Beta
smitegame.com/smite-faceit-beta/

>SMITE Tactics
smitetactics.com/

>Getting free things during the fall split
esports.smitegame.com/2016/08/25/earn-rewards-while-watching-during-the-fall-split/

>Get Curse Voice Apollo & Curse Agni playing with Curse Voice
curse.com/games/smite

>Hirez server status
status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ for all game-related questions
pastebin.com/M4TZPpe8

>/smgen/ Discord
discord.gg/0sWDnznwq6C7w9bW

The SMITE clans are SmGen (NA) and GenSm (EU), leaders are SethPhalange and HardyMcWilly respectively.
Post your name in the thread or send an invite to one of the leaders. WE CANNOT INVITE YOU IF YOU ARE ALREADY IN A CLAN

Previous Thread:

I am objectively the best Izanami player in all of Smite. Ask me anything.

What's your Izanami winrate

99%.

SPOILERS BOIS

That doesn't look like Morrigan...

What builds do you use? Which one has the best dps with the weird basics?

Warrior Tabi, Ichival, Bloodforge, Qin's, Malice, Wind Demon, sell Ich for Titan's / DeathBringer.
Or
Warrior Tabi, Ichival, Bloodforge, Qin's, Titan's, Brawler's / Crusher, sell Ich for Odysseus

Bloodforge is quite expensive, should i get Asi and then sell it later in the game for Bloodforge or is the power spike worth it?

Bloodforge is essentially a much better replacement to Asi that works very well with Izanami's core kit, (you get a shield while still retaining your percent penetration at low health, you get a LOT of raw power which works with her scalings great, and you by default have life steal) so I would rather wait for it and see a huge power spike then get Asi, it doesn't really do much for her that it wouldn't on another hunter.

Thanks user, have a symbolic (you) as a ticket of my appreciation.

token*. Don't mind me i'm drunk.

No problem.

NEW TERRA SKIN

T H I C C
AND
H
A
R
D

>died 3 times in a week
just let it go.

Never.

To anyone who gives a hoot, I purchased the Season Ticket when it was on sale in November and said I was going to complete it before it ended. I am currently a little over the SWK skin (a bit over 10k FP), it doesn't look like i'm gonna unlock the Gryfindwarf skin if there's any double/triple FP weekends.

Nope, you're pretty much screwed.

I have 750 gems. What are the best Odyssey skins to spend it on?

>need like 300 more FP for the last chest so I can get the Rama skin
>have no desire to play anymore

Join the club, I was planning on playing some ranked but just feel completely burned out by now.

Question guys and gals. Under the weather and can't think right now. Saw on the FB page that people are buying the sale gems and competing the Odyssey stuff? How does Gems complete it all and you get Anubis?

So, no 3.25 patch review today but next week or what?

By buying everything.

So pretty much dropping 66 bucks and purchasing it all to Anubis?

Yeah, you can buy all of the odyssey shit and get the T5. You can also do those quests and get points, I think you can skip out buying 7 things if you do every single quest.

Sure why not?

I started damn near the end and am at 14k in points right now. Would love to get the skin.

>get "play 3 games as a Hindu god" quest
>I only three of them:
>Agni, who's boring
>Kali, who I suck as
>Ravana, who I'm okay as
>re-roll
>"Win 2 games in a party"

F U C K

>mini quests for 100 favor

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, we could add each other an play together.
Maybe we hit it off and have a really fun time before I block you again.

>again
What did he mean by this

No updates till new year?

>Decide to try Ah Puch
>Spend two matches getting focused and double ulted the whole game
>Decide to hop on Xbalanque instead for a little bit to just relax and play
>Get focued and double ulted the whole game again
>Chang'e spends the entire match tower diving to kill me and getting herself killed immediately afterward

Jesus christ.
Okok. I'm done for the day.

P o s i t i o n i n g
o
s
i
t
i
o
i
n
g

I was in the back of the group nearly the entire game. I just kept getting jumped/stunned/ulted. Honestly I expected it with Ah Puch, but xbalanque...

>for some reason the enemy team focused the dude that has basically next to no CD and does ridiculous area dmg and ticks

hey I'm a 1500 hour dota player looking for a 3D game and I installed smite. Is it fun?
How similar is it to dota? which heroes are the meepo and alchemist of smite?

It's shit.

can't be more shit than dota7.01.
Our game is dying because they killed farming and creeping. I'm a carry player and I'm jumping ship from /d2g/. Tell me what similarities and differences there are compared to dota here

I'd gladly help, but I'm no DOTA player. It's a bad time to ask questions though, because in a couple weeks they're going to introduce the next season which will bring most likely a fair amount of changes.

alright

>meepo and alchemist
Tell us what they do and we'll better able to explain.

meepo has 4 clones of himself that are almost as strong as him. If one clone dies, they all die. They also get most item bonuses.

Alchemist gets extra gold for every creep he kills and has an ultimate ability that gives him tons of regen. He's the fastest gold earner in the game

It has some similarities but not a lot, it's a little more similar to league. It has all the moba shit, like the map, roles and mechanics, ti think the main difference i think is the fast paced combat and how it's less based on numbers and more on mechanics/positioning/etc , since you have to aim everything.

so as long as you land your abilities, you will mostly win even against unfavorable match-ups?

Smite is currently a DOTA 2-lite in my opinion. Initially the game was more like an early LoL or something, but the devs have been pushing the game further and further towards a weird hybrid between the two, with the direction heading towards nuttier and more grandiose effects like you would find in a game of DOTA. I am not extremely experienced in either of the other two games and most of my knowledge comes from reading about both, so bear with me:

Differences
>No camp stacking / creep aggro on camps is impractical
>Gold Fury / Fire Giant bosses, LoL style

>Creeps give you reduced gold if you did not last hit (you must either have hit them recently or be near to receive this reward)
Because you can tag creeps and walk away if something else kills them and receive a partial reward, junglers and tanks may tag your wave and walk away

>Lack of DOTA 2 level hard carries
Nobody in Smite measures up to the level of straight 1v5 destruction that you can find in DOTA 2. ADCs (the Smite version of DOTA 2 carries) obviously will have the highest damage, but they're all essentially right click (these are called AAs and basic attacks in Smite) oriented. Hardest carrying gods in Smite when they hit late game are probably Chronos, Freya, and Jing Wei, but they can't pop off and kill everybody on their own usually.

>Melee carries are not viable
In a similar vein with the last statement, current game design makes it very hard for melee gods with a tendency towards basic attacks to act as AD carries.

>Lane phase / game starts
Laning in Smite is a lot more static than in DOTA 2, where you can design a team with varying strategies. Smite has lately been a long lane duo, mid mage + jungler pairing, and 1v1 short lane. After a brief period at the start, tank supports tend to move towards mid lane and short (solo) lane to pressure the map and contest early farming objectives with the midlane mage and jungler.

this feels like it should have been her base design

>haven't seen thorax shitposting in months
is he dead...

okay I see. Doesn't sound too bad

Smite is non-competitive at the moment, zero reason to get into it unless there's a massive overhaul in season 4, which is highly unlikely due to how hi-rez has been marketing the game lately.
Just play Paragon if your PC can handle it, if not just stick with dota. Unless you're looking for a casual fuck-around game, Smite is ded.
Garbage matchmaking due to 80 modes, shit dev team only focused on selling skins, pathetic dying e-sports scene that all of the most known sponsors dropped once they realized hi-rez was taking smite nowhere, etc.

>Spell usage
A lot of the time, spell usage is predictably similar to other MOBA games, but in lane people will rely on spells to kill waves and secure pressure for themselves. Some gods will use basic attacks in conjunction with their spells, but you should be able to figure this out. This is more comparable to LoL, but Smite laning tends to be more passive, with the exception being the solo lane.

>Itemization
You're going to find this strange perhaps, but itemization in Smite relatively unique. You will find similarities to League in item designation and structure, but unlike both League and DOTA 2, Smite items are upgraded instead of combined, so your build order should be based on the optimization of stats when your items are completed, as opposed to DOTA 2 where you grab basic core items, but you're more flexible to adapt based on the situation. There are less effects on items than in DOTA, and there are no active items that modify stats. We have what is basically a ripoff of the old LoL trinket system called Relics right now, for active items.

I doubt I covered everything, but this is all that comes to mind for differences right now. The game, as I said, is more of a strange hybrid than anything.

PARAGON

>Pick phase
>Choose Cupid
>Got a pretty good team
>Last dude picks Rama
>"We need a supp"
>...
>10 seconds left realize retard ain't gonna pick a supp
>Pick nearest Supp
>We lose the game of course
>This is now somehow my fault

Fuck these people, fuck my team for putting the blame on me, fuck the game for letting people get away with this.

The similarities to DOTA 2 are similar on a more basic level

>Creep damage
If you hit an enemy and draw creep aggro, they will fuck you up unless you have built defense, and usually Mark of the Vanguard (which is picked up as a starter by some solo laners and as an early bridge item by supports).

>Farm centric midlane
Controlling midlane in Smite means you control most of the farm on the map, much like DOTA. The difference here is that the player presence in Smite mid tends to be consistently higher as opposed to DOTA 2 during the lane phase.

>Skillshots
This is a weird case as Smite teamfighting is mechanically different, and it lacks the carries of DOTA 2, but I believe you'll find some comfort in the level of mechanical skill required in Smite teamfights. It's primarily based on skillshots, but ultimately I find that execution in both Smite and DOTA 2 tends to be the biggest deciding factor in fights. The mechanics are different and you may even find them to be a bit easier than DOTA 2, but the concept is the same.

I'm out of things to think of for now, probably because I haven't played much DOTA 2, but if you have any specific questions, ask away.

Don't buy the "Smite is ded" meme. Smite has significant issues, but the devs just seem slow to react to said problems. I'm holding out because their intentions seem to coincide with the players' wishes to keep the game competitive. People bitch about Overwatch, for example, but the game is still growing. My recommendation is if you're interested, play, and if you don't like it, leave. Develop your own opinion.

Why aren't you playing PARAGON right now?

I didn't say smite was dead, I just said paragon is a better game and it's only in open beta

There's no point in trying to play around lockers who ignore calls, clearly they don't give a fuck about the team comp so why should you? (I'm assuming you're playing casual)

I'm PS4 so last time I said this someone said they'd get banned for being toxic, which may be a thing on PC but I don't think bans are even on PS4, the report system is just there so you can message people that you told on them or create funny screenshots now that you can add a comment to the report, such as tactfully pointing out a Kuku building fatalis and demonic grip (which I kinda want to try now but not in a serious mode).

Cause it seems to be more about "muh good graphics" than anything else.

Well, I think everyone agrees at this point that having modified Trueskill for matchmaking is fucking retarded, especially when mixed with a point based division system because the two forms of rating counteract each other and try to normalize players as opposed to giving them proper fucking rated matches.

>Is it fun?

You'll get mixed results here and you're better off coming to your own conclusion through playing it.

>How similar is it to DotA?

Ehh, about as similar as MOBAS can get. SMITE's 3rd person view and skillshot abilities might be your thing. You get a trinket which makes it kinda like you get a free tp scroll so that's pretty cool.

>Which gods are the meepo/alchemist of SMITE?

There are no direct translations but every god is viable once you git gud, and who's top pick/ban depends on the meta. A vague answer but it's a hard question to answer.

cos i'm doing other stuff

Predictions for SWC?

If this was 2 years ago then I could agree, but now? Nah. Smite is a joke. Same Conquest meta for nearly 2 years now. Hi-Rez doesn't give a fuck about keeping this game competitive and haven't for a while now. They throw in worthwhile balance updates every now and then but these days its skins, skins, skins, and casual pandering. That's all it's been since the middle of season 2. There's just no reason to play Smite if you're someone looking for a competitive game. Smite is no longer a MOBA, it's just a casual fuckfest to play on the side.

Team TBD to win the championship

I wonder how low SWC views will be this year

Hi-Rez are going to have to shill a lot of those memecodes they love pushing to force the casuals to watch if they don't want their world championship to have HoN levels of views.

they add up pretty quickly

I know this is bait but you got me.

>Same meta for 2 years

What do you mean by "same meta"? Like the same gods being picked or 1 of each class played in its intended role? If it's the former, there's still a variety of gods getting picked even in ranked & out of meta picks wouldn't be common because of them being out of meta. If it's the latter then it's the same as above. There's still a variety of different gods being played in each role even in ranked, and even then you can play any god in its intended role. 1 of each class in it's intended role is picked because it works, and it's the most consistent to win with.

>"worthwhile" balance updates but now it's casual pandering

You're gonna have to specify/provide some examples otherwise I'll just assume you're some gold rank shitter who's mad because you can't pubstomp with the newest gods months after release.

If you think Chiron is bad wait until you see her bad but in a different way counterpart Chiron.

I meant Medusa not Chiron for the first chrion

What?

Medusa is bad, though. I'd rather have a Chiron on my team.

They don't think it be like this but it do.

He's overstating things by not choosing his words carefully but his sentiment is correctly placed.

Is Xbalanque the worst hunter in the game?

No, because his ultimate is strong and late game gods will always have a shot at being relevant.

Him and Rama and Jing are the best lategame hunters. I'd say the worst hunter is actually AMC or Cupid. They're not bad, just the weakest of the hunters imo.

AMC with nikes speed buff, warrior tabi, speed buff and his hive movement speed is fucking awesome. Unrelated but awesome

Would bringing back side jungles make conquest better? Why were they removed in the first place?

>late game gods will always have a shot at being relevant.

Only if they actually have a way of getting to the late game decently enough. there's a reason Xbal is way more usable then Artemis

The meta has literally been jungle + mid = one role for 2 years. They literally, for 2 years, still have not adjusted bumbas mask or made any kind of meaningful change to jungle xp to reward solo jungling and bring the role back. It has been handcuff yourself to the mid laner, soak lanes and roam because anything else is less efficient.

As a result, nearly every lane is the same. Supports are basically forced to fuck off and go roaming 5 minutes in, carries are just left alone to farm until someone ganks them.
Solo lane is solo lane, except it's not, because it's not uncommon to be ganked by the fucking support + jungle and mid because roaming everywhere 5 minutes in is completely ok.

Not having a stable jungle role has kept the conquest meta shit for so long now it's laughable. Pro games are all clown fiestas with 2 roaming gank squads all game.

>You're gonna have to specify/provide some examples

Find me one significant conquest map change, matchmaking adjustment or any sort of God mechanic or gameplay mechanic change(meaning not just cooldowns or numbers), beyond the initial season 3 stuff that failed miserably to change the game map.

You'll find plenty of patches with 5+ skins, emotes, and useless achievements along with the usual "we reduced x cooldown and increased y cooldown for balance".

I didn't say how much of a shot, but I do agree that Xbalanque has an easier time reaching late game than Artemis, for example. Having a CC immune dash that goes a reasonable distance helps, even if it's somewhat predictable.

>S3 map changes failed miserably
In hindsight they helped game balance a fuckton at the cost of relegating junglers to a 2nd support, but the meta it created was actually way more fun than it is now because it allowed for more creative team comps and starts

But the thing is I disagree with what I presume sentiments are, which is reflected in their choice of words. If by meta they mean 1 - 1 - 2 + jung we've had that going for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell even when warrior mid/ADC mid was a thing it was very short lived, and is STILL picked although rarely. Same thing with with out of meta picks.

If it was the same gods being picked for each role, there are picks/bans in ranked to stop playing with or against certain gods, and even then the pool is still large enough to maintain a variety. Though this part is just my opnion, not every god has to be good or top tier but they must be viable and they are viable.

But didn't elaborate on HOW it's being casualized. I agree that HiRez is spreading itself too thin by working on other games and not getting rid of half the gamemodes (Joust and Siege need to go like domination did imo) , but HOW does this make the game casual?

Like I don't need an essay, just an explanation that's consistent.

Joust should stay, but the current map is bad.
Siege should go,

Lmao foot in mouth syndrome.

>adjust bumba's mask to reward solo jungling

Why would you want that? The reward for soloing jungle camps is getting all the gold + xp. Like yeah you don't want to if you can help it, but how would it be improved if we added a solo reward or replaced the last hit reward with a solo reward?

If we added a solo reward, and assuming it wasn't a broken reward, it would still be more efficient to share camps for the laner as well as you, and if you solo'd you'd just make junglers come online faster (which isn't necessarily bad but if junglers get fed too quickly on camps alone you could break the role).

If we replaced bumba's passive to have a solo reward, you just make junglers have no incentive to clear with people, potentially keeping laners in lane for longer with no means to punish overextending. I mean there's also less chance to snowball but it makes the laning phase much more passive than it needs to be if junglers don't have much incentive to show up in lane and provide pressure.

>No you find me proof

1. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim, fagboi. And on top of that I asked how it's "casual pandering". I know you're trying to misdirect the argument, but that's not going to work.

2. Reducing/increasing cooldowns doesn't count as significant changes now? Then what arbitrary quality does? They can only change cooldowns, damage numbers and mana costs without rekitting the god or changing item stats to indirectly buff/nerf gods. Also I'm pretty sure damage numbers have been modified in hotfixes shortly after a gods release.

>Adjusting numbers are significant game changes
Okay I've been following you two guys and he was perfectly fine in stating that numbers adjustments are not major. They can affect what gods are played but it isn't going to affect things usually like starts or how people line up their lanes.

Fair enough, but when you add semantical shit like "worthwhile", "significant" and "meaningful" the idea that's proposed becomes ambiguous and especially if no criteria are stated.

Let's take Solobek for an example. his laning phase was awful and relied really heavily on early aggresion (he still does, but much less so), but since his mana cost reduction he has much more sustain in lane and thus is much easier to solo with rather than being a straight counterpick.

There's also post-rekit Ravana patches to fuck around with the cooldown of his 1 so now he doesn't decimate non-guardians as bad.

There are also insignificant changes like Fenrir's lifesteal on his 2 being 30% base on all levels now, but it still won't be leveled.

Also, as you said it affects what gods might be played, and since half of the laning phase is about matchups, I'd say they can be very significant. It just depends on what is changed and calling them all insignificant is just ignoring the nuances of laning imo.

I play Loki unironically

9/10 players in every match hate the fact that Loki is played.

>but how would it be improved if we added a solo reward or replaced the last hit reward with a solo reward?

It's not about adding an actual reward as much as it's about giving the jungler appropriate xp/gold so they can jungle by themselves and keep up with everyone. Remove the shared xp bonus, thereby removing the incentive to split jungle camps. Replace that with a 10-15% increase in xp/gold when you solo a camp. This stops the follow-me-around meta because it would be a waste of time for both parties(jungle gets less xp, laner would be better off in lane).

>you just make junglers have no incentive to clear with people
Which doesn't need to happen.

>with no means to punish overextending
Complete nonsense. Why do you think a jungler can't gank?

>The burden of proof is on the one making the claim
You asked for an example. I said to find me a significant change. That's your fucking example, the point is you can't, because there hasn't been any outside of the initial season 3 shit and a few very specific incidents(removal of golden bow for example). I wasn't actually telling you to go sift through 50 patch notes. It's obvious just by the meta that nothing significant has been done.

>Then what arbitrary quality does?
Do you play other mobas? Have you ever seen a dota 2 patch? Not even the recent one, but just look at past dota patches. They're absolutely huge. The heroes don't get just 1 or 2 numbers changed, and the items sometimes see big changes. You also don't have to rework a god completely to change how an ability mechanic works.
Hi-Rez rarely, if ever makes adjustments that would really alter the meta. Not just the bumbas thing, but imagine a change like making minions spawn earlier before jungle camps. Something simple like that makes a huge difference on meta.

>Hair looks even more like seaweed

Is this a fucking joke?

>Medusa: Total Bitch
>Chiron: Total Bro

man sometimes I wish I were gay

Just be bi you stupid loser.

But I hate penis

>It's not about giving a reward it's about giving junglers more for doing something different

You just said the same proposal albeit in different words. It IS about giving them an incentive for soloing camps by rewarding them for doing so. You've done nothing but just re-state your ideas. WHY would it be good to remove the "follow-me-around" meta? WHY does it need to be changed and how would it be better?

>you just make junglers have no incentive to clear with people
>Which doesn't need to happen.

You're not always going to clear camps with other people, you just do it because it's more efficient. The question I've asked is why change it? Why remove the option? The reward for soloing a camp is the extra xp & gold from soloing the camps but you don't have to. It depends.

>Complete nonsense. Why do you think a jungler can't gank?

I never said a jungler can't gank if we changed bumba's nor do I hold that position. What I stated was that it's conducive for junglers to be too far away doing camps to farm efficiently when they could be in lane providing lane pressure and incentive to not aggress then have the time to split the camp later.

>You asked for an example. I said to find me a significant change. That's your fucking example, the point is you can't

You not only just contradicted yourself, you tried to evade the burden of proof and you misdirected the argument AGAIN. You still haven't answered my question as to how these changes are "casual pandering".

>Do you play other mobas? Have you ever seen a dota 2 patch?

You keep misdirecting the argument instead of answering my questions. I don't care how DotA2 patches are compared to SMITE because that's not what I asked. A lot of your argument depends on what a "significant" change means to the meta because you've drawn no line as to what makes a significant change. If a change makes a certain gods played more/less, that affects the likelihood of matchups, and that's big in the laning phase.

Learn to like penis. Its pretty good.

Those things you listed still won't affect how the game is played, just how characters are played

>queue for match
>tab out and look at other stuff
>match ready notification comes up
>click it immediately
>have the deserter penalty before the screen even loads within half a second

why does this trash game pull this bullshit like every other 2-3 matches