/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

The nightmare must end >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqvD1TisV8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PURGE FILTH

Ringing at lamp for ptumeru rom, pass is bbg

AYY BREEDING

need at tip
>at old yharnam
>reached that church or cathedral whatever is it
>tons of beasts on the floor level
am i supposed to fight them or is there way around?
am i close to next lamp?
does gatling gun hunter drop any cool stuff?

Post memelash

Djura drops a hunter badge if you kill him early but he also gives you an emote if you go back after discovering paarl.

quit trembling in your boots

>am i supposed to fight them or is there way around?
You can do either. The other way around is more of a "drop down and run past them" approach.
>am i close to next lamp?
Keep playing the game.
>does gatling gun hunter drop any cool stuff?
Yes, but not going to spoil anything. Some don't kill him just yet for reasons.

Killing Djura (Gatling Gun Hunter) makes him drop a badge and let's you buy his set at the insight vendor. If you wait until later, you can befriend him and get his badge and he'll give some cool lore tidbits and an emote, after which you can kill him and get his set. I'd wait until later to get the emote because it's pretty cool.

Hunt every last beast.

just play the game famygdala

A hoonter must hoont.

You can drop oil on them by going up the first ladder to the gatling gun and turning right. If you run through they don't chase you very far. Make sure to grab the item from the altar

Who is the most blood-crazed psychopath?
Valtr? Alfred? Micolash?

Bloodborne has a fine selection of crazies.

Alfred
I think all executioners are batshit insane, if we're using Alfred as an example.

how about that nigga eating people in the forbidden woods

>Vile filth thinking they're the sane ones
I should purge the lot of you

Pthumeru Rom user, I'm ringing at the lantern now if you're still there.

>ywn be cleansed of your beastly idiocy
i cant take this anymore lads

I am, you got the pass on?

Don't mean to be a filthy beast sympathizer, but he's no psycopath. He's only eating by necessity, and is even remarkably sane for a beast. Probably one of the least crazed characters in the game.

Is an exterminator a psychopath for killing useless rodents?

>mfw Cleric Beast's theme song

Yep. Just had to go back to the dream real quick to restock

been doing ludwig co-op for two days and holy hell everyone uses LHB

Valtr isn't a psychopath at all.

Alfred was a zealot whose purpose was to kill an immortal vampire queen, he didn't harm anyone else.

Micolash is one of the higher ups of an insane blood-worshiping alien cult who is personally responsible for mutating the entire population of Yharnam into mindless beasts.

Gee, I wonder.

w2c brador set irl

gif related
Guy summoned his inner tard rage and turned a person into pulp

This is my 1st time summoning, does it normally take this long?

Alfred did the right thing.

Check your network settings. Are they on worldwide? It usually doesn't. In the meantime, I'll restart my PS4 and see if that helps.

He is, when he's reveling in the gory mess he has made, and is covered completely in guts

Sacrifices must be made to evolve humanity

>kills himself at the end
The filth has been purged.

Yeah, worldwide, name, bbg

Help me fuck up Rom

Pass:rom

Theres not much left to evolve when you wipe out the majority of Yharnam you madman.
A true Martyr.

Im coming faggot, at the fog?

yharnam's done for

AWAY

Did you get her? If not, I'll ring again.

Thanks bruh

>Chalice dungeon
>hear bell
>open a door
>so many spiders come in that my frames drop
>die
>try again and manage to beat them
>in a room killing a werewolf while killing waves of spiders
>somehow manage to get to that ringing cunt and kill her
>4 spiders come from behind and kill me

I th... I thought they'd die if I kill her
>mfw

Also nice blogpost

I got it, thanks

No problem
LMAO NEWFAGS DONT KNOW YET
SOMEBODY POST THE SCREENSHOT

Aren't chalices just grand?

>Three bell maidens
>Tiny room
>FUCKING THREE

Haha thanks m8

lol
I think this is the excact same one
I guess I won't see my bloodechos again

Also
>line the spiders up in thight alley
>use tiny tonitrus
>Only damages the werewolf

it's going to be a fine evening at work, lads

So I just bought BB again for the sake of old memes after selling it ages ago. Will I still be able to find help for any bosses easily if I needed it?
Also is flame sprayer and fire cleaver with fire damage or whatever still good for arcane?

Is that a collection of short stories? What have you read so far?

>several hundred hours in
>still fascinated by the BoM trick after an R1 or rolling
Yes

>selling bloodborne

Absolute madman

>Will I still be able to find help for any bosses easily if I needed it?

Absolutely. You've always got /bbg/ right here to ask.

>Decide to do another playthrough
>Always went cane
>Decided to mix it up with a slow weapon I wont scale in
>Pick saw cleaver
>its faster than the cane

wtf?? Easy mode

The cane is the slow weapon I pair with the BoM.

>Decided to mix it up with a slow weapon I wont scale in
>Pick saw cleaver
What made you think the Saw Cleaver is a slow weapon?

yup
I've read a few of them (shadow over innsmouth, call of cthulhu, the music of erich zann, the picture in the house etc.)
I got it ages ago, but I'm just trying to find the right time and place to read them
tonight is different, as I got the soundtrack, I just can't resist

So I did a bit of testing and found that the beast clerics in Loran dungeons seem to do their rare fire AoE attack if you're behind them while they're aggroed. You don't even have to hit them, so long as you're behind them they have a chance to do it.

Also if anyone needs Hotdog abyssals, I'm going to be setting up a savescum in a minute, glyph is 758v8txa and the pass will be hotdog.

Post your hoonter waifus /bbg/. I have mastered the art of the hoonter creating

cancer reporting

Damn, my build that needs em isn't at level yet. Don't wanna make you do all the work either.

Post FUN weapons

I literally find every weapon in this game fun save for the cane and Reiter
I just bought an uncanny pick and wasted another rock for an extra 5AR to thrust damage

Damnit I forgot to talk to the real iofeska AGAIN

>bow
>not cheesing him

what would be the best dps in the game for most of the enemies?
im guessing it would be a flame saw spear or flame saw cleaver paired with a flame sprayer but ive been gone a while so that might be very wrong

Literally how are you supposed to kill this undead giant in lower pthumeru floor 2?

Even if I stab him once and run away after he attacks he just becomes impossible on phase two because almost all of his attacks one shot me.

learn his tells and how to dodge accordingly

Chip him down with 1/2 attacks a time. If you're getting destroyed by the flails for being greedy it's your own fault

Also avoid popping his blister until the second phase, then shoot it using the monocular

hit and run
he charges his attack, you can identify it

I can't dodge perfectly, this one hit damage is retarded and I only do like 120 damage per swing on him.

That one is the easier though. Aim for the weakspot earlier. Then you have 2 easy options. Bait his attack, wait until it's over, dash attack, backstep safely repeat, or, bait combo, dodge behind him during the second hit, hit him twice, leave and repeat.

Here's how I did it earlier.

Run behind him. He will lift his scythe and do an aoe swing. Dodge backwards, quickstep behind him again.

The chain variant is bullshit - but he ALWAYS does his aoe spin if you are behind him. And you can use this ad infinitum to kill him.

(There is a random chance that the chain will bounce in to you)

3 Options
Raise vit to live one hit, not likely viable
Don't get hit, more viable but not always possible
Once phase two starts just hit him once and back off, bait an attack, and get your one hit in
One, not two
He's a bitch

Bl4 run, stuck on shadows. I can kill one but usually get long ranged / flamed 1 hit ko.

Any tricks?

ayy lmao

Yeah.

play normally

What level are you?

I usually do depth 3 Pthumeru at level 40, beating chalice Rom before story Rom (autism) and it's always a good challenge

I'd personally recc maybe level 60 if you're unfamiliar

try killing the mage first

blood pellet and fire paper
use a fast weapon, and trick/untrick it

das really ugly

currently i have a level 46 character with 26 vitality and i cannot beat ludwig
i've only hit the second phase once
should i level up more

>Beat bloody blood beast
>Do the chalice
>Check out the side routes that path out before Amelia
>"Right, I think I'm ready for Amelia, this will probably be a tough fight but I'm sure me and my trusty Ludwigs can handle he-"
>Stunlocked to oblivion, got hit once.

What the fuck

She's retarded easy, why is it possible to stagger her when she's already staggered? Did I do something in the wrong order?

Just got back into the game and want to platinum it since I've done nearly everything.
But is there a way I missed to know wich weapons you don't have?
I kept checking and it seems I have every hunter's weapons but the trophy is still locked.

Look at your inventory and storage.

You have shit vit, my friend, it's best to aim for 40-50 vit, and the DLC is considered late game content.

>that one thread on /v/ right now with a BL50 retard who can't beat Blood-starved Beast and does nothing but spin2win with his Hunter Axe
youtube.com/watch?v=iqvD1TisV8o
Unreal

>ludwig's

Get a better weapon.

Shit, I'll check it again I guess. Developpers are dumb sometimes I swear. Why didn't they put a little something near each items in the shop so you know if you already have it.

The worst thing about bloodborne is you cant equip weapons with insufficient attributes.

How am I supposed to know if I want to try it?

>Did I do something in the wrong order?
Use Ludwigs. It's ez mode for newbies, but Saws are better.

There is though, it's just that if you have a +number it will not count as same weapon.

Whoops, meant for:

Make a different character, or savescum.

There is no level limit, you can make a character that can use all weapons perfectly.

Huh? What's wrong with it?

This baby here stunlocks beasties for days.

>tfw I died at Hemwick with 0 insight

I swear their AOE attack can stunlock.

It's just so utterly boring

Saws are pretty much objectively better, Saw Spear is serrated in both forms, faster untricked than Ludwig's, has the same range, maybe even better because its hitboxes are wonky, stunlocks most enemies (all weapons do to an extent, that's a feature of the game), plus it's more fashionable

Plus, why would you use a greatsword in a game full of interesting and unique weapons with all kinds of weird and fun movesets? If you're gonna optimize for damage, use the whirligig and L2 everything