/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

Non shitpost edition

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

Alliance:
message one of these to get an invite to alliance guild discord.

Erlik#4852
qlurf#6906
Infamy#5916
Madti#7077

Horde:
discord.gg/qJHXHvz

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft nostalrius

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#odZZVAGIsftAo
reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5kyvu2/who_are_the_goldsellers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone know how to use rtss? I installed it to fix the stuttering that vanilla has, but I dont know how the fuck to make it work. I tried to hook it and all different kinds of settings, but shit isn't happening.

Is it possible (or worth it) to level up your defense skill to 300 on a low level character?

do you gotta add people to message them on discord?

Should I go as a nelf priest or druid for healing?? If I go with nelf for priest will I be able to get spots in good raiding guilds or will I be undesirable?

starting area tier list:

god tier
>teldrassil

great tier
>deathknell
>coldridge valley

good tier
>elwynn forest

decent tier
>mulgore

shit tier
>valley of trials

Castrate and disembowel yourself if you play a Male Night Elf

No, the skillcap goes up with your level.

>Night elf anything

You should drink bleach preferably.

And what do i do after that?

yes

nigga your max skill level is your character's level x5. why do you think 300 is the max in the first place?

Give it to me straight ya'll, is the server shit? How much of the doomsaying about farming, broken mechanics etc turned out to be true?

Also is everyone staying on old and rolling a toon on new or moving completely? Hard to see how pve progression would stay alive on more than a few realms

Can someone find Pottu's statement where he said that they will automatically disallow Chinese characters from public chats, but they have a "different solution for BGs" please?

>Teldrasshit.
>Above anything.
lmao.

im going to play night elf druid just because the female animation sucks and i will choose balance as the leveling spec

post the alliance patrician vs horde pleb picture
REEEEEE

holy fuck he's too quick

>Dude, shamans wear mail, they can't tank--

I used to play with a friend that tanked low level dungeons as a shaman, he was pretty good and I only had one wipe due to a random noob pulling half the cavern because he didnt get his dagger

do you think the shitposting will stop when fresh arrives and all the waitfags have something to do

Its a vanilla WoW private server, its shit because theyre all shit.
If you like chinese super population and awful ping shit, stay on nost.
If you like character auction shit then go to kronos.
If you like low pop server shit then go warmane.

All servers have different degrees of broken mechanics, keep in mind these people literally do it for free.

As for your last question, im rolling Fresh, but im keeping a hesistant backup on kronos, just incase this server turns to ass.
Many of the drama regulars here are rolling fresh, both alliance and horde so pick your poison.
Try not to keep all your eggs in one russian basket.

fresh 60 mage
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#odZZVAGIsftAo
wadyathink

n-nani?

heres a challenge

Post the most fucking worthless spec in the game

Can someone give me 50g pls. I'll pay you back 70g next week

so, has anyone actually bought gold?
is it just a scam?

>spec

spotted the catacuck

alright guys here's my build

Reading up on how priests function in vanilla, waiting for fresh. Have my character on the old servers but looking forward to playing the other faction for the first time. Level race'll be a good show lads.

Calm down, it was still called spec back in vanilla.

>Buddy, you HAVE to stealth in PvP-

It's times like this I'm glad I've played multiple servers. Do you think fresh will be any different?

how are elysitards gonna spin this one
>h-haha le conspiracy theory xD
reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5kyvu2/who_are_the_goldsellers/

>Dude! Hunters will NEVER top the dps char-

balance drood

Crit with a Seal of Command proc crit two times in a row OH YES!

ree

Ree

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ret paladin

then it is decided, i will main a balance druid on fresh

REEE

>non shitpost edition

Mate, this entire server is a shitpost

Leveling a warrior is hard guys I'm losing steam

NO

How good is Starshards? Considering Nelf or Dwarf for my priest

what the fuck is with these meme queues? nost queues blew through thousands of people in seconds. what happened?

why do you have to use an avatar to post here?

Just got a group together FUCK

im a cute girl(male) with a bf
AMA reddit

Nelf priest is a meme and you will be bullied relentlessly for picking it.

>not having a healfriend

>w-what kind of m-mage am I?....
>.....I'm h-h-h-h-hybrid

>Alright guys we just need to kill the hea-

So who is most prickiest, horde or ally fucks.

>30-39 bg full of lvl 30 priests and mages on horde
>alliance not capping flag farming us 10 minutes into the game
>server crashes

You sicken me, you degenerate filth. The day of the rope is coming, and you better prepare for the pain that follows, maggot. The eberlasting and permanent pain of eternal hellfire. You will suffer at my hand and consquently suffer eternally at God's whim.

HOWEVER it is not too late to save your soul. Repent and follow te true faith of christ and all of ye trannies shall be saved.

thanks for the disconnect, i just skipped a 25 min Q

I've never leveled with another person over long term, ever. Trying it for the first time when fresh rolls out, should be fun. Hope schedules don't clash too much, though, college+friends and all.

This looks like fucking dogshit,

Anyone else not able to log in?

Any servers that allow bots?

>Have a shaman with me.
>Fag in the dress proceeds to get cucked.

cant login either

mine only plays casters so i'd be SOL too

I don't have friends
except you guys i mean

B-but, this is Veeky Forums?

why is it racist to say that gold sellers are from china? what does that mean about the chinese race?
pro tip. nothing. it's not a race, it's a nation.

what does that mean about asians?
fucking nothing. if you thought this is somehow behavior connected to "asian dna" (as if that is something) then you're dumb as shit

try again i just got in

Can we go back to /vag/ after this thread dies? MagicWoW, RetroWoW and Crestfall Beta are all better than this shitshow

2% damage to frost spells>cold snap. ok.
no pyroblast. ok
mana regen instead of imp counterspell

did you intend to make an xtremely shitty build

>Hope schedules don't clash too much, though, college+friends and all.
You'll get to 60 by mid August maybe.
Leveling with real life friends is cancer.

>log into retail for the first time in over a week
>bored in less than an hour and log back out
>log into nost
>dont ever get bored, can play all day with 0 issue
I just don't see the appeal in retail wow any more. It's objectively a worse experience than playing vanilla on some russian backwater server.

>paladins can't ta-

I main druid and paladin so i wanted to be decent with all 3 but not great with any of them

Fresh will be identical, if not more populous than old.
I will admit that having a server with a population that breaks the game opens up new WoW territory that wasn't present in actual Vanilla.
One example is the Open Season on China people. In regular vanilla this would have never happened, but because of the yellow menace, we see players on both factions working together to fight the xiaos.
Another example is the Un'goro Mafia, a faction-spanning arguably multi-national guild/cartel that restricts the amount of devilsaur leather that reaches the market, inflating the price.
In vanilla WoW, a high pop server wouldnt have crazy competition over devilsaurs but since we are nearly 3 to 4 times higher than a high pop server, unique groups like this form.
Theres also events like players queuing up in literal lines to get drops for specific mobs (think imp quest for warlocks)

So Nost is unique because of this, but then again you get average pings of 200-400, you get chinese literally standing on lotus spawnpoints, and you get level 60s constantly ganking anywhere that can be ganked.

>Fresh releases on the 7th
>Nighthold releases on the 17th
Guess I'll have plenty of time to refresh my memory how shit vanilla was and go back to playing glorious retail.

Well 11 million people think you're wrong

i can't fucking decide
h e l p m e

paladins can tank, their main issue would be having the ability to actually fucking keep aggro up

have fun telling that to a SJW or your garden variety uneducated brazillian rodent

Why do male night elfs have the most satisfying death noises?

black obv u dumb cuck

Left desu

By the looks of it, Icecrown on Warmane is a constant 12k players. What's wrong with that?

Hey lads, I'm thinking of leveling a paladin with a hybrid spec to tank, heal, DPS (lol) as needed in 5mans as I go; while solo/DPSing should I use Seal of the Crusader, Seal of Command, or Seal of Righteousness

VERY fast cattel running at increidble hihg speed

remember to help your chinese friends

The skin colour is wrong on both for starters

Not that I know of, besides Nost, but thats only due to the vast amount of players on the server.
Makes it hard for the janitors to find actual bots when theres 2000 xiaos, wandering around aimlessly like bots.

raven hair you weenus

How are heal priests in solo content at 60? I want to farm but I'm too lazy to level 2 characters just so I can heal as well.

>tfw no nosering futa orc gf to use my throat as a cocksleeve but its not gay because shes a girl

>players queuing up in literal lines to get drops for specific mobs (think imp quest for warlocks)
>tfw too smart to roll a human warlock