/palg/ - Paladins General

Flaming Faggot Edition

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB40)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?23655

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w--kLRRYfJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Playerbase isn't large enough yet.

This year should see a steady uptick of quality pron though.

See?

It's already starting, and new years isn't for another 3 days.

>14 posts, aka 2-3 hours early
>shit edition meme

Old thread was at 740 replies. Rules say anything after 725 is fair game.

Deal with it, faggot.

6th for still no dfc loli champion

We've gotten real SFM, so it's on its way.

its not NEEDED though
theres still lots of time for that thread to get posted on, and making a new thread doesnt speed up anything

By that logic no new threads should be made at all.

Fuckin' retard.

what a fucking idiot

Do people not know they can shoot through Fernando's shield? I try to keep it in front of my allies while we're being shot at, and they decide they need to run through it immediately. Ying with 10 HP left, don't run in front of it while it's blocking their shots!

people in general are retarded when it comes to tanks/frontliners.

>Play as fernando, block chokepoints/the cap/the cart while making sure my shield covers my teammates instead of drooling towards the enemy spawn because enemies love flanking and our team literally never does that ever, thanks matchmaking

>Play as anything else with a fernando on our team and the guy is more braindead than a cocker spaniel what done gotten a boot to the face one too many times trying to hump its' owners leg

that's the normal paladins expirience

Pretty much. When the other team has the point, they're wondering why I can't 1v5 to clear it. When we have the point, they act like my shield is made of rice paper. At least as Barik I have sentries to be my friends.

>played 26 hours
>only play skye

Anyone else only play one hero?

>the average Paladins player

You could at least pick a flanker that's not countered by a single item.

Let me try to explain: started playing paladins, number of times were rekt by skye ult, wow skye rocks, lets autopick it!
in my opinion skye is mostly useless, when players starting to distinguish incoming skye ult

I do ok, 60% win and 2.3 KD.

I only played a few times when she had her poison ult.

The more I play after the recent patch the less I want to play her. There as no reason to nerf the health, it just handicaps more more when going against people. Obviously other stuff e.g sound effects but I guess I enjoy playing for that challenge.

What do you mean item btw? Illuminate? No one ever buys that.

Lots of people buy aggression too.

Just because people don't use the item doesn't mean one guy using it can't completely shut down a Skye. Especially if he's another flanker and is going to be using the same routes as her.

Skye is alright at pubstomping, but she has huge weaknesses that are easy to exploit.

>26 hours
>60% win
I guess most in casual mode? Yes sometimes skye is good even in competitive but not in every map.

there's no excuse for this

Yeah I'm beginning to see that the higher I get. I've lost dmg overall and feel a lot weaker but I still get clutches and potg that keeps me interested.

Of course, don't you need a few levelled champs? I agree on the maps, some maps I just feel useless and others vital. I dont think I would play comp with her, just too weak after the patch.

I dont think Hi-Rez really know what they are doing with her.

>Of course, don't you need a few levelled champs?
Yeah, you need 12 at level 4.

Thats fair enough. A bit daunting when you only have Skye at 13 lol.

>I agree on the maps, some maps I just feel useless and others vital.

I don't even bother trying to play flank on some maps.

Yeah its bad, and it feels like the maps aren't picked fairly, always heavy on some.

Wish we got a thumbnail/info of the map on the champ select screen. I can never remember the names, especially when I queue for both gamemodes.

>We weren't pleased with how this weapon felt. Although the Carbine mode is not Kinessa's focus, these changes should make the weapon feel better to use.

- The Paladins development team when they turned Kinessa's fun to use carbine into what you're playing with today

General rule of thumb is, if it's Ice Mines, you're fucked. Anything else, you're more or less alright.

I wish minimaps were enabled by default.

>Friendly Viktor calls me out for not being on the objective
>End of the game I have the 2nd highest objective time while he was out there being Kinessa.

who were you?

Makoa

They really should add a way to disable text chat and automatically ignore whispers from people not on your friend list.

why did you not have the highest objective time?

Because Enemy Makoa who won the game had like 12 seconds above me. It was one of those "Everyone but you is playing Damage/Flanker, so you're the only one on the point" games.

>automatically ignore whispers from people not on your friend list
It really doesn't do this already? I can't see a time when it would be helpful.

even if the enemy team had more objective time you still had the most of your team. not the second most. Always devide by team.

I literally just downloaded the game, got the code for the console alpha / beta / whatever.
Coming from the decaying and passing away Smite, what can I expect? I was just scrolling through the God-- Champions, and Ying and Mal'Damba were really cool.

Expect to feel like a god until level 5.

How are they fucking up Smite now?

Mal'Damba is fun as fuck on top of being the best healer in the game.

Ying is fun, but pretty weak right now.

AFAIK Smite is fine, just the playerbase isn't growing.

When are they going to remove Skye "I'm going to press E and get unavoidable POTG" Halfdose from the game?

Some people think they're being really clever by shittalking the enemy team through whispers.

It's already nerfed pretty hard.

>shittalking the enemy team through whispers
>sitting around doing nothing for your team to bm someone who probably doesn't even speak your language

Why am I not surprised?

Expect Hi-Rez to fuck your shit up in every patch.

What is max lvl? I heard 55, but recently got 56.

there is no max level, but the max mastery is 25

I'm already diamond on Mal'Damba and I still have two provisional matches to play on him.

Is that good, or simply average?

>be Buck
>HERE'S THE WINDUP
>get double kill
>get POTG

>tfw cute drawanon left and didn't make more cute drawings for us

Feels bad man.

Oh well.

>play not-frontline
>our fernando is chasing people around with the flamethrower and dying
>lose

>play fernando
>win every time

Why are all my frontliners braindead?

You know the old saying "if you want something done right, do it yourself"? Any team-based game eventually and inevitably falls into that.

brb making 4 new accounts

Person new to the game:
>Wow look at all these champs! I'm gonna try them all.

Person not new:
>I'm just gonna go with trusty Vicnessa.

Why do you have a cool knight as an OP image? When the game looks like potato, that only has rip off potato classes?
If Paladins was anything like that wall paper, I'd play the fuck out of it.

that's nando and now fucj off

I want skye's thighs to choke me out in my sleep

I never played the Alpha but that old Siege where the cart is a cannon that moves itself looks so much better than your typical push the payload. Because you never fail to push the cart, every successful cap of the point will get you at least a little closer to knocking down the doors so every game was won on the cart push and defenders don't get shit.

At least that's what it looks like to me. Am I wrong?

you're right. and it was so much more fun.

is there a free champion rotation in this game, or do you have to hope for special events if you don't want to buy them?

Nope, but there's weekends where every champ is free every once in a while.
Not that it matters much since you can test any champ you want in the shooting range as well as gold being incredibly easy to earn and plentiful.

The defending team could possibly prevent their gates from taking damage because the siege engine could be damaged while it was making its way to the base so they could end the push before it got there, and champions with shields could put their shields down to block the siege engine and players to keep their gates safe too. You are right when you say every game had to be won on a push though, you had to destroy the vault to win there was nothing like "you captured the objective so your team gets a point", the vault was everything.

Playing as Bomb King after having Mastery 14 Nando and M'koa gives me a different feeling than playing FLs.

You don't get credit as support coz you don't heal.
You don't get credit as FL because you have no shields, cannot mitigate damage and will melt if you stay too long at cap.
You don't get much credit as flank because you aren't a flanker.
You don't get much credit as damage because you will not deal that much damage as Ivan or Tyra Banks.

And yet without that juicy Top Play or Top of the Class, seeing that Victory feels much much sweeter. Also, you get to be that fucking asshole that shakes down every single champion in matches.

Bomb King is a fucking baller.

>Tfw old Paladins
youtube.com/watch?v=w--kLRRYfJU
It's even older than when I started playing, the card system was different when I got in but it still gets to me

Was it better than what we currently have?
I didn't hear about Paladins until the Steam release.

I think the only thing I like more about the game right now is being able to craft the card you want and build the deck you want. I preferred the gameplay, game mode, maps, and actual cards that Paladins used to have.

Going through old screenshots to see what I have that shows old cards and stuff

please dont remind me. You make me sad

>and actual cards

Was this actually fun? I only heard complaints.

some idiots complained because it wasn't overwatch.

I'm sorry

I really did enjoy it more, cards felt like they did a lot more for your champion back then

the only thing that was stupid was the Cooldown of the cards after death.

Rip master riding, you were the reason I liked playing Skye

Oh right that probably got some complaints, though I do think they took care of that fairly early on

How did the cards they gave you work? I actually liked the idea, but I heard a lot of RNG complaints.

just realized you can jump while sniping

you would level up over the course of the game and could choose 1 of 3 random cards each time. It wasn't perfect but better than now.

The cards in the bottom right corner of this picture gave you and allies near the totem 30% more damage, and 50% damage reduction that would also remove debuffs. Think I only took this picture because the Skye just went AFK in the middle of a match.

The system when that picture was taken was all RNG if I remember correctly. After the complaints they changed it so you could build a deck before a match that had:

3 Specialty cards and you would pick 1 at level 1
3 Common cards and you would pick 1 at level 2
3 Rare cards and you would pick 1 at level 3
3 Epic cards and you would pick 1 at level 4
3 Legendary cards and you would pick 1 at level 5

At least I think that's what they changed it to, it might've been slightly different

The non-RNG system sounds like fun. The RNG version sounds like it'd be awful 90% of the time and your team would get pissed if you got bad draws.

>drogoz and ruckus sitting 5 miles away from the cart all game, spamming mb1

what the fuck

>Evie kills Fernando
"Go date Skye or something you weirdo!"
>Skye kills Fernando
"Not gonna happen weirdo!"

l-lore confirmed?

also
>Fernando kills Cassie
"You were the love of my life!"
>Cassie kills Fernando
"Not in a million years!"

Feminism strikes even in fantasy land for poor Fernando.

Is Fernando /ourguy/?

Bomb King somehow requires a different gamestyle from other dps champions. It's not designed for scoring amazing headshots or insane kills, its purpose is harassment and area denial.

also a huge amount of skill with his actual main weapon when you arent spamming f and q

Who here playing paladins cause shit computer can't run overwatch?

If they make a fifth class called Utility, both Bomb King and Pip can belong there, especially Pip with his shield-ignoring ultimate.

I play both and kinda wish there was a good third hero shooter to throw in there. I love the these games.

TF2... kinda counts?
But yeah, there aren't that many hero/class-focused arena shooters.
Maybe Quake?

no loli hero palatards?????

i really dont know what to make of the new quake
on one side you have them adevrtising this as a HARDCORE FAST- PASED ARENA COMPETITIVE SHOOTER YEAH DUDE
on the other hand theyre planning to add like a dozen of champs all with different abilities and turn it into a clusterfuck