tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 5
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-5/
Frontier News Network 4
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-4/
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

first for u r a homo if you dont use the grapple

xth for first we fight then we drink

How do we fix the A-Wall?

No, don't just remove it from the game.

make it so the fucking hitbox for the base is HITTABLE

Aside from the A-Wall needing to be destroyable somehow, it's fine as it is. It fills a niche for those who want to go slow.

Give it a battery that is drained when it's damaged or amps a shot. If tuned right it'll go from showstopper to situationally beneficial.

How do I deal with far away players when using the EPG?

I love beaming retards as they grapple on to me.

Why use the grapple when you can get around great without it and invisibility lasts forever.

Nothing

What happens if you grapple a target that uses phase? Do you just lose the grapple or do you keep moving to the last point they were at?

>invisibility
homo.

>invisbility
>not enjoying even GREATER mobility

massive MASSIVE cock loving faggot detected

Amped weapons can penetrate it.

>tone
>good place

That's abosolute bullshit. You try giving a tone the Spicy Fist just to have them damn near 1hko from full health with Salvo Core. Even Thermal Shield doesn't stop all of them. 3 shots plus rockets plus salvo is enough to kill and does it way faster than the Scorch rotation of incendiary and Thermal.

I have a confession and an apology to make.

Last thread, last night, I talked a whole bunch of shit about papa Barker and said that no faction was any good except for Ares, based on the experience of playing every other faction and all of them being shit, ACE in particular for being a teenage alcohol obsession meme.

Since then, I have played enough games as Ares to fully acknowledge that the only real faction to be is ACE.

I am sorry that I talked shit about our literal guy, papa Barker.

Also, fuck anyone and everyone who's ever used the Devotion or Tone.

>thats not a good argument for tone being overpowered. some titans counter others. a good scorch player will never beat a good ion player, similar to how a good ion player is never going to beat a good ronin player.
>a good ion player is never going to beat a good ronin player.
Ehhhhhh, debatable.

I assume if you've already grappled them, they can't use phase
grappling someone is like an execution yeah? the person being executed can't do shit while its happening

>Not being part of a family.

For those who haven't seen it yet.

It seems more like an ARC grenade. They seem to slow down, but they can still shoot and such.

I've only scorpioned a few players though, it's rare enough that I couldn't tell you.

I would tell you to kill yourself as is typical of anonymous Veeky Forums culture, but I know as a 6-4 player you will do so regardless of me telling you to, even in jest

>Devotion has the highest max DPS at 600
>Spitfire's max DPS is less than all SMGs, most rifles, the EVA-8 and more than half the pistols
>SMGs have the highest overall DPS

Depends on the Ronin. One who catches you with no charge and doesn't spam melee, you're fucked.

Ones who spam Melee are self gimping though.

i dont want to read, cherry pick the memes for me and let it be finished

i must be the only one who either never runs into A-wall or never has any difficulty handling A-wall users when they surface
why do people harp on it like it's OP?

it pulls you towards them and then they fly in and punch you in the face.
i haven't tested it but i'd assume you can phase out of a grapple.

It's the number of shots needed to kill, whether head or body, amped or unamped, and the TTK for each gun. It's not hard to read.

>Devotion has the highest max DPS at 600
Beaten only by the Sidewinder SMR, it should be noted, but not by much.

I'm getting weird nostalgia from all these loading screens while playing campaign. At least they are quicker than back in 2004 when I played Half-Life 2 on a toaster.

12 years

even if you have full energy, what are you going to do to a ronin? two laser shots and thats all youve got. your rifle damage is going to do nothing against sword block(even with 5 way split) and by time your energy is back up for another laser shot/tripwire, you will probably be close to dead, especially if the ronin gets his core up.
incase people dont know, sword core increases the block amount on sword block to ridiculous amounts. some shit like 90% of damage blocked or something.
the exception to that is northstar. ronin cannot block northstar shots, they do full damage every time, which further goes to show that some titans are meant to counter others.

just throw a gravity star in front of an a wall and watch it suck up whoever is standing behind it.
i have gravity star solely for a walls and people trying to nuke eject.
nailing a nuke eject titan and watching its pilot get stuck in its own blast is so satisfying.

So you don't shoot while sword block is up, and if Ronin is looking to box, you wait until his guard is down before pumping his cockpit with a full magazine of Splitter Rifle shots.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It doesn't bother me as a Phase user

This. If he's swinging his weebstick just splitter shot his dick off.

thats a dps race you will not win. go look up the numbers for splitter rifle and leadwall and then factor in all the mitigation that ronin has, along with his kit which is overall effective against ion.
ion's kit is not so effective against ronin. ronin has small crit spots that are not easy to exploit with laser shot, and catching leadwall shots is not going to be easy since any good ronin player is just going to bash you with his sword the moment you put your shield up.
have you guys faced a good ronin player many times as ion? of course you will win sometimes, but ronin is the closest thing to a counter for ion.

>Finally buy a new controller
>none of my titanfall bros are on
Kill me

That's why I said if he's swinging his weebstick to go for it.

Most ronins are clinically retarded.

>
win the punch push-off effect. and run away

again im not talking about clinically retarded ronins, i know they will get their shit pushed in. im talking a hypothetical scenario of two players of equal skill going at it. ion is at a disadvantage, his kit is just not effective against ronin while ronin's is pretty much tailor made to fuck ion up

Then we agree, I mentioned that distinction in my post before your tirade.

G2, Double Take, or DMR?

ok i guess i missed your post, my mistake.

>those Lstar stats
and it already got buffed, what the fuck

devotion is disgusting. someone post this shit to reddit so it gets nerfed

ION A GRIL.

why the fuck do people use stealth eject on LTS?
i seem to always have a full team of people doing so.

I liked Bastion.

They forgot they had it equipped?
They prioritize the Pilot over the Titan in a game mode that specifically values the Titan more than the Pilot?

G2 for going full /ww2/

>L-STAR is only marginally better than Spitfire
I mean, it's got that "infinite ammo" bit going for it and projectiles as big as basketballs, but still.

I was a good goyim and bought the Blisk-fu and Legion Funko™

How was your Christmas /tfg/?

>Funko

I feel really sorry for you user

huh?

I'm going to get the Todd McFarlane one of Jack and BT most likely, the Blisk and Legion looked pretty cool so I bought it.

The Titan also opens and you can put Blisk inside if you want but it looks cooler with him standing under/on top of it

Wanna set up a group time on PC via Veeky Forums time?

600% the G2.

>Double Take
>Known meme weapon
>People on the internet will have an opinion of you that is not a good one
>Your spirit becomes that of a shitter

and the DMR is basically just a straight worse G2.

holy fuck i hate faggots who spam jumping on my hull. i just had their whole team rush me jumping on me. i must have been near their spawn or something because i wiped their team but they just kept coming.

Like fleas. Are you using Tone, Scorch or Northstar since they have splash damage to get them off of you

L-STAR's "infinite ammo" is shit tier.
The other two LMGs reload in 2.8 seconds if there's still at least one round left, 3.3/3.6 on empty, and they have much larger magazines in comparison.

The L-STAR only has 35 (or 40) shots, but it regenerates its ammo at nine per second following a 0.7 second delay after you release the trigger. To cooldown completely from the Danger level heat takes more than four seconds. And if you let it go empty, it's a full six second hard reload.

Usually I hate funko pop, but it looks marginally less shitty for titans.

>facepunch
now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time

Jumbo Funkos are cool.

>Colossal Titan
>Godzilla
>Smaug

yeah i'm using scorch. which is another reason why i couldn't really get away. one dash and all.
so i can just shoot the wall and it'll damage the fucker on my back?

reapers need to be fucking removed.
if they're on the other team there's like 4 of them constantly shooting me from all directions
if they're on my team they're clogging a small corridor and i can't move through the area.
who's the asshole that thought skirmish should only be available in mixtape? i'm pretty buttmad about this.
especially since only the final hit on a reaper gives you the points towards your titan/core ability.

Or back up against a wall/roof, wait until the battery pops and then 180 and Spicy Fist the pilot immediately before he can move away.

I hate Funko Pop shit because the faces are always terrible. No face, no problem.

Its actually a form of style

Funko just ruined the entire concept with over saturation

that's what i usually do, but i'd like a way to stop them before there's a grenade in my orifice.

>Someone jams the radar

i got the 'here kitty kitty' nose art for my scorch yesterday and today i noticed it actually looks like the mouth opens up.

consider me tickled.

Explain to me why the double take isn't shit. It takes two hits to kill (assuming non headshot, and you land both bullets), has a travel time to it's shots, and has significant spread between it's two bullets meaning it's easy to land one and not the other (especially at distance).

What Titan Kit should I be taking on Ion? The extra dash?

Why does doing the backscratcher trick with NS and Scorch put people on such tilt? Why is it so fun?

Kill them before they get on you.

Other than that, you can use the tactic I described but instead fire your thermite at the estimated spot where the pilot is when you turn around. You will damage yourself to about the same amount as a battery pull though, so it's generally not worth it.

nuke

That is some amazing bullshit right there

You are truly aughtisitc.

You can't go wrong with extra dash.

The rest of them can be used, but they're all fairly situational

>braindead teammate legion just dumps mag into ion's shield and she kills you with the bullets instead of him

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>DMR is basically just a straight worse G2.
How? It's stronger and has a better scope.

Seriously asking since I just unlocked the G2 and I'm doing so much better it's crazy.

I've never not used Overcore.

Shitting out salvo's is too much fun. This applies to all Titans.

I believe i just fell in love with scorch.

am i now a spicyfist?

you gotta take them out quickly. i camp their spawns and destroy them asap so they dont build up. sometimes ill even prioritize a reaper over an enemy titan if the titan doesnt see me.

In Titanfall 2, you ALWAYS take nuclear core. Since matchmaking doesn't account for skill, you will always kill at least two dumb niggers with a nuke.

yes, enjoy the fun

Wingman Elite

Double the rate of fire and only needing one more bullet to kill.
More than double the mag capacity.
Sights up in about half the time.
Doesn't zoom in as much, and you have actual sight options for how much zoom you want.
Reloads a half second faster when partial, a full second faster when empty.

this is not good advice. trading your titan to kill a "dumb nigger or two"? if theyre bad enough players to get caught in a nuke eject then you really shouldnt have trouble dealing with them any other way.

You have chosen Wisely

explain how you can fall in love with scorch when northstar exists

I am actually curious

Northstar is just so dreamy

Why is Scorch called spicyfist and not erupting burning finger?

because spicyfist fucking destroys people

Can someone explain to me how the grapplehook works? I tap middleclick but it only extends half the time, the other half it just stops 2 inches in front of my face. Same thing if I try to hold it.