poal.me/k7h7ow
twitter.com/Hourences/status/813838269528023040
youtube.com/watch?v=dZEXgIZJoFI&list=PLCB801CBC132E92DA&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=r30CIneO534
soundcloud.com/prutte-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime jam

Last OP was better.

Done with this now, moving into desert polishing. Here is the final result of looks, (need gameplay balancing but il do that after I find some playtesters)

you forgot to memearrow all the engines

god's work user

Let's settle this once and for all. I took the top votes from the other 2 polls and put them together. Now vote.
poal.me/rj24r0
poal.me/rj24r0
poal.me/rj24r0
poal.me/rj24r0

Don't vote if you don't plan on making a game for it.

I really hate working on UI.

idea guy here from the last thread
ask em anything

Where is loli jam?

Every Jam is loli jam:
>loli mecha jam
>winter loli jam
>cute loli jam
>comfy loli jam
>loli in a boat jam (or kancolle jam)

Motivation compressed in a single jpg file. I'm impressed, user. You are a beautiful person.

Where's Waldo?

This person
This person right here
Do you even realize how he's trying to make us not give up? Do you realize that he's spending his time drawing something for us when he could be making a game or working or studying, but no, he's giving his heart to us when we're being such faggots who are getting jealous of FELLOW DEVS who are also just trying to make their dreams come true.
Can't you be a little more kind like this person? Do you have to feel angry over everyone who's better, or further ahead in in his game than you?
We should be a community that encourages progress whatever it may be, not shame it because it doesn't look like much now.
Learn from this person, try to be like him.

That's adorable user. Thank you!

>i've never ever received a single fanart out of all of my game attempts

have you checked in your mom's bedroom?

we only need the first poll, comfy jam with 40+ votes was the clear winner

poal.me/k7h7ow

Fixed.

I am saving this for the future.

>assetstore.jpg

That poll was created over a month ago. Why haven't you made your jam yet?

Penguin J-20-chan is cute

just came across this
mite be useful to UE anons
twitter.com/Hourences/status/813838269528023040

Who let the dogs out?

Thank you, kind user.

its not my jam, but the idea was that it would take place after dd12. Winter jam didn't happen because of lack of communication or something.

where is that NaNO3 guy? He hosted a couple of the last ones.

but if you want to make whatever jam you want, go ahead.

Looks awesome to me, except the water is weird. Unless it is intended to signify danger

Eik miegot.

>tfw too intelligent for imprerative programing

We had a mecha jam last year, except whoever made it combined mecha and boat into one jam for no reason.

But I think comfy is good, maybe we can have another mecha later on. I'll probably try to fit comfy mecha into comfy jam.

I'm saving up to buy some medicine.

I'm going to study software engineering in college.

how easy would be to get a girl from the graphic design and another girl from the music department and convince them to make a team?

of course this also include having a threesome.

There was literally no reason not to combine boad and mecha jam

That's the cool thing about "comfy", its really open to interpretation and you can shove in your own opinions. I realize that loosely defined jams are a turnoff to some people, but there are always more jams.

not easy at all

in fact it'd be very hard

i think it'd be impossible unless you're some kinda sociopath

I had separate ideas for boat jam and mecha jam, but unfortunately I could only make one because the jam was combined. It wasn't a big deal, I just think it was unnecessary.

>too hard to get girls
>too hard to convince them to be your harem
I'm not from r9k faggot.

Can someone give me some examples of 'comfy' games? I feel like it's too subjective of a jam.

>writes about getting specifically girls where gender doesn't matter and mentions sex
>claims he's not from /r9k/

How can you exist without knowing what makes you comfy?

Does anyone know of any resources about the development or critique of management/builder games like roller coster tycoon, tropico and banished? I'm trying to get my head around what makes them so appealing.

comfy is just another way of saying "this game is boring but I'm playing it anyway."

>he doesn't know normies and chads also browse r9k
>he doesn't know I've been working for years to be a chad
>he doesn't know I'm fit

pic
turiu 3 laisvas, tai ne :)

Well, girls will more likely flake out on you than shut in guys (or maybe girls who don't go to school) who are good at a craft and begging for cool work will

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Animal Crossing
The Sims
Banished

>they want another jam
>dinosaur jam : 5 entries
>boat & mecha jam : 6 entries
You guys need to learn when to fucking stop.

if you were such normie you make yourself out to be you wouldn't be asking such dumb questions
now leave this thread

Boomerang Gun.

Listening to this while sitting in a blanket with a hot coco while it's snowing outside.
youtube.com/watch?v=dZEXgIZJoFI&list=PLCB801CBC132E92DA&index=21

War, war makes me comfy.

How do I go from working on make game for 1 hour a month to 8 hours a day

I'm just having fun making some of those questions, because I know there's spergs here who get triggered.

I'll focus on learning coding rather than 1MA.

I guess I'll download some math books and some 3D engine architecture book.

So you're saying there's no games you feel comfort playing?

>bragging about anything social related on an anonymous antartic cartoons imageboard

Got 12 palettes, should be enough for now.

underage b&

>normie shit triggers him

vien del smiliko ? ^^

does anyone have experience commissioning low poly art assets?

how much do you think a fully animated/textured character would go for?

Quitting your job, sleeping during the day, deving during the night. Drugs according to preference. Pick a game you want to finish, not just a core mechanic you want to test and then drop.

Can I make a one-liner out of this?

force yourself to dev
discipline >>> motivation

Make the game you want to make. If you get hung up on what might appeal to other people you'll end up with a game that's AAA-tier washed out without being AAA-quality.

Is the Indiepocalypse real?
youtube.com/watch?v=r30CIneO534

I don't have a job

How do I get discipline?

i love working on UI user, do you need some help?

If you have nothing to show yet it doesn't apply, but it would likely help if you started sharing your game to people, maybe even those on the internet, but better yet those you know irl.
You'll feel a social pressure not to fuck this up and not to snail.

games are the less overcrowded market.
literature and music are even shittier.

If I'm a real dipshit who really just hates coding, is Blueprint strong enough that I can at least makes games for, say, game jams with it? I know programming principles and I'm not "above" doing it when necessary, but every time I realize that Unity requires quite a bit of C# scripting just for basic shit I get nauseous.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking "can I make a game without coding," I'm asking "is Blueprint a good enough substitute for coding". I know that even with Blueprint I still have to understand logic.

Only insofar as getting on Steam isn't automatic success any more.

If you make a good game it will sell

>inb4 space squid gravity platformer

by forcing yourself to dev

Different people will tell you different, there really is no consensus.
I'm biased against it.

Yes, definitely.

Could you tell me why? I mean, I know that "durr what engine I use" has 3800 different answers, but I like to hear people's opinions anyway.

Using clickteam fusion 2.5 trial, if I can get something good working ill buy it and the html5 export from the humble bundle.

I mostly program in C, but this is quicker and I need to make something I can sell for like $0.99. Also prototyping.

It might be because game makers are so foreign to me, but i'm making a platform game test, and so far I have needed three objects alone just for the player. Is this overdoing it?

How do you force yourself to do something

So Im making a system to hold stuff like feats from D&D or advantages from GURPS. Anything wrong with just having an array for each character that holds line numbers for the CSV holding all the feats? For simple checks, like having a military rank, I'd just see if the array contains 37, or whatever line that feat is. For stuff affecting combat, I'd pre-calculate everything related to combat bonuses during the init method that doesn't need to run unless there's a level up or an area change.

o-one more?

How much experience do you have with them?

I'm fine I just needed to rant, I'm just putting in another programmer-art-solution.
Somehow I just don't like thinking about or even coding UI even though I love coding. Must be because it's some sort of art thing.

Man I really have bad blood with art.

But I need that UI to start playtesting the game now that I'm done with everything else. Can't help it.

One day I'm gonna find a code-user to pair up with me and together we'll be unstoppable

games where you really feel at ease when playing

yea its kinda subjective, but that's okay as it just encourages creativity and soul searching

old school dungeon exploration games make me comfy
collectathon games
animal crossing (though only when I had free time as a kid)

the animations are small, but definitely help.
Part of me wants to do sounds next, the other part of me want to work on new units.

Stop making games?

never, fuck off

>that 91/30

I want /k/ to post more often

If anyone wants music hit me up

soundcloud.com/prutte-1

prutte#3810 on discord

>when to fucking stop
you taught me that "when" is never

>advance wars
>with loli

start by doing nodev jam

I had no idea what you were talking about, until I checked google.
I'm too much of a noob you realise that's the moist nugget. and I drew it.

I'm sorry, but I'm no where near /k/ enough.

everyone loves cute girls doing cute things, user.

Post UI

I found working with them slow, especially if you want your blueprint to be easily readable without overusing comments.
Also, refactoring what you've already make felt painful.
Not much, I quickly ditched them. But I didn't feel like there was anything important about them I didn't know, and the workflow Epic was showing on their videos was even worse than I came up with.

new magic card design, how it is?

If you're an artist just post art and you should have no problems finding one.

I don't understand why artists don't do that more often.

I understand what you're saying, but you often see people starting out that really don't know how to make decent gameplay. There's a difference between good gameplay that might not appeal to everyone and gameplay that's just rubbish and I'd like to avoid the latter if possible.