/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 29th:
1170 – Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury, is assassinated inside Canterbury Cathedral by followers of King Henry II; he subsequently becomes a saint and martyr in the Anglican Communion and the Catholic Church.
1427 – The Ming army begins its withdraw from Hanoi, ending the Chinese domination of Đại Việt.
1786 – French Revolution: The Assembly of Notables is convened.
1911 – Mongolia gains independence from the Qing dynasty, enthroning 9th Jebtsundamba Khutughtu as Khagan of Mongolia.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/anjg7ctwsbbizzc/HPM 3.6.1.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=-lzlCPBMPBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

Reply to this or your liquor factories will close down tonight

W&B

deselect all factories
select liquor
open all listed factories

countered in 3 seconds

Why Turks are so based, /gsg/?

Hosting Victoria II - HPM (cont)

I.P: 109.153.199.145

Checksum: (PSGK)

Download: dropbox.com/s/anjg7ctwsbbizzc/HPM 3.6.1.7z

Rejoin, lads!

Literally playing my first game of Vicky 2 right now. Figured I would start with the US.
What the fuck is consciousness and what does it affect?
I noticed I have a ton of different issues as well, I take it once those get to a certain percentage they trigger events/disasters? Am I wrong? What else do they do?

>What the fuck is consciousness and what does it affect?
Read the manual.

>I take it once those get to a certain percentage they trigger events/disasters?
No, this isn't EU4. Issues are what your people want. Unless you consider voting a disaster, you shouldn't worry too much about it. If you don't want to give rights to your people then they are a disaster.

Reposting for new thread.

Might be biased, but...

>No Germany
It´s shit. You´re free to ignore my opinion though.

It looks like someone drowned your screenshot in green gatorade piss

>that piss filter
eww

Reposting in case people try to join
People can't join for some reason, apologies.

We literally just played to 1845, so I don't know why that would be...

Whatever I guess. Will have to try again another time. Sorry.

It was a pretty Europe too desu.

How useful are engineers in HoI3? I've always built my standard divisions as 2xINF/ENG/ART and then adding an AT once the fifth brigade is unlocked.

Am I wasting combat effeciveness by having so many engineers?

Catholic Prussia and Il Papa need to finish their conquering. We need the Kingdom of God and Teutonic Baltica.

Oh and is that a fucking free Albania? HOW IN THE FUCK IS IT ALMOST 1700 AND NOT A PART OF OTTOMAN CLAY?

Encourage bureaucrats

Engineers are a meme if your not attacking large forts. Perhaps consider bunker busting divisions with heavy tanks and engies?

Let's say Victoria 3 comes out, and its pretty much just HoD with new graphics. What features would you like to see added in the eventual 20 expansions?

Who here /comfy/?

>start game as SP
>conquer puglia, get sicily released by France
>Become GP france drops me, ally Prussia
>Annex remainder of two sicilies
>Austria getting raped in conquest of French Madras, war them for lombardia
>get lombardia day 2 of war because every province is sieged by prussia and GB
>short stint as GP pull Austria's spherelings away
>lose status, redshirts spawn in papal states in 1849
>1850 form italy with everything, but Venetia, south tirol and dalmatia
>fucking up Austria for venetia right now

I wanna be able to enslave a population if I win a war so I can play as an african country and enslave the white boi euro's

>still no el dorado for ck2

romantic interests with their own storylines

What do I play FRCA or Argentina?

Argentina, they're white and based and have the most events in HPM because she's Argentinian

Don't they give nice bonuses for attacking over rivers too?

thitlermod

But wouldn't FRCA more "challenging" with more interesting spots to expand to(Panama, Mexico, Caribeans)not just blob into SA? What are Argentina's options? I haven't played in Americas at all apart from 1Mexico game where I blobbed a bit to hard to USA and got bored very quickly.

>HPM still hasn't added the Meuse borders
>every game has ugly German hand reaching into France
epic

HPM, people care morea bout this and the 1815 start than the precise number of cattle in eastern tibet in 1836.

Map mod?

A revamped diplomacy option. For example, more deals with larger nations. Consider how SP can trade provinces with France for Italian formation- I'd Like to be able to do a similar thing as Bavaria or something like that.
Also, there could be secret alliances and things of the like. Gunboat diplomacy, ect.
Also, a ton more provinces, and the opportunity to change how your armies fight. Line formations, small battle simulations, ect. Infamy and prestige penalties for unorthodox/dishonorable tactics would be cool to go with that.

o

Liquor?

really boiled my noodle

probably? Haven't played in a while. Rivers aren't that big of a deal to attack over and if they are, then you have bigger problems to worry about than engineers or Infantry.

this, but also flesh out the scramble more. Like Portugal can make a deal to get zambia from GB and give up some other colonies to get it

zx

Thanks for the dotted (You)'s lads
the custom CSS trick works :)

>100M people
>20M support Qing reactionaries
>even though only 14% of the population are actual reactionaries

>Taiping rebellion
>80 warscore, need 85 to annex the Qing Empire
>Qing Reactionaries rise and fuck up my warscore
>doomstacks charge into my troops delaying my victory

How do you even survive against this never ending tsunami of rebel doomstacks? Should I just ignore my uneducated pops and encourage soldiers instead?

will HPM minimods ever be updated? qq

>Also, a ton more provinces

Normally I'd ask for that too, but after seeing how they removed province names in HOI4 I'm not so sure I want it anymore.

a
a
a
a
b
a
a
a

Only the dead can know peace from this evil. No matter how many conscripts I kill, there is always more.

a b a b a b a
b a b a b a b
a b a b a b a
b a b a b a b
a b a b a b a

>115,000 dead for 55

would not wish to be a russian in that battle

post OOB

>memeice

>BICE

Vastly increased modability, removal of as much hardcoded stuff as possible

More detailed UI, e.g in the factory view screen you should see all the RGOs the different regions have

Expanded diplomacy, more pacts, interaction with other GPs and strategic interests

More regional control/decisions, micromanagement I guess? If you play a small, centralized country like Belgium or the NL you should be able to focus more on local efforts compared to e.g Russia

t. ck2 posters

t. PDM player

There's a lot of things I don't like about BICE, but vanilla is way too easy. There's no other way to play HOI3 thats as interesting.

>implying DoD isn't the best mod for Victoria 2

>115,000 dead for 55
what wondrous challenge

t. Ivan Ivanovich

So it's just a matter of winging it every time regardless of how good I am at the game?

Is there a mod that fixes this?

Just wait until the Soviets get infinite elite infantry divisions

Blimey, we did it lads

>So it's just a matter of winging it every time regardless of how good I am at the game?
More or less, though having extensive knowledge about the game will let you avoid some pitfalls.

What is the best way to get the the electors to vote for me as the Ottomans

>Ottoman in the HRE
Screenshot please.

Probably get on their good sides, just like every other elector. Marry them, ally them.

ger ger
gergergergergerger
gergergergerger
gergergergerger
gergerger ger
gergergerger

rate my asciikaiserreichiums

Ck2 isn't about trying to win in the same way you do with other paradox games. Instead of constantly trying to expand in power you are going to spend a lot more time trying to just hold onto power.

fugg, I knew this would get fucked up.

ger/10

ascii gsg when?

now

gerger ger ger
ger ger ger ger
gergergergergerger
gergergergerger
gergergergerger
gergerger ger
gergergerger ger

ger
ger ger

rate my franciums

Did you know that George Washington never had any sons of his own, but instead raised the children of his wife, Martha Washington?
"Never talk to me or my wife's son ever again" - George Washington to King George III

You deserve to have it be fucked up because you are fucked up at not sucking dick

youtube.com/watch?v=-lzlCPBMPBY

>france entirely populated by gers
KEK

>mfw finally formed the Mughals with -2 stability and with my country about to fall apart

This was harder than I thought would be. In all my previous attempts, I was either going too fast and getting a coalition on my ass or going too slowly and the country exploding with rebels, dept and civil war anyway.

Without looking at a map draw europe in paint

(gave up filling in with colour halfway through)

What about all those black people claiming to be decedents of Washington?

You're thinking Jefferson. He loved him some dark chocolate.

am i missing something or this tutorial is a meme?
also is chess grand strategy??

Thomas Jefferson filled every nigger in the states with his mighty seed. Jefferson was based, unlike Washington.

Never seen a map but I live in europe so I just drew what I could by looking around
sorry if you cant tell whats what I drew it with my left hand

>EU4, norway for easy colonialism funsies
>fabricate claims on scotland because what the fuck else am I going to do
>denmark declares on them
>win the naval game hilariously easily, proceed to rage for 3 years at denmark and sweden being retards with their troops
>finally they manage to get 100% warscore
>nothing but war reps
fucking
why

user do you have something to tell us

really makes you think

do I buy all of the expansions to EUIV for $55? Is it worth it? I don't want to buy all the stupid unit packs and bullshit and their complete edition includes a ton of it and not all of the major DLC so I just plan on buying them separately

>do I buy all of the expansions to EUIV for $55?

How do we fix the Charlememe start?

Out

I liks this Europe better than the previous atrocious austria-hungary, but this is stilll ugly as fuck

Also how the fuck does paradox justify separating out expansions and "content packs"? Like what the fuck is this new level of kikery

This would actually be ok if the NGF annexed Bavaria and Sigmaringen and a french Palatina

I got what I got for $32, I didn't add the DLC that seemed to trigger people (Mare Nostrum, Common Sense, etc.) and I'll wait for Rights of Man to go down in price.

Ladies and Gents I finally finished my first ever playthrough of CK2 1066-1453 with Ua Brian Dynasty(Tutorial Island FTW)
13 Rulers 22 Wives 78 Children 12 Bastards

King Murchad of Eire (Starting Character) Natural Death
Emperor Marcus I "The Kind" Assassinated by Heir
Emperor Iacob I "The Silent" Natural Death
Emperor Marcus II "The Lame" Natural Death
Emperor Niall "The Blessed" Natural Death
Emperor Marcus III "The Great" Natural Death
Emperor Felimid "The Good" Assassinated by Muslims like a year into his reign
Emperor Iacob II "The Wicked" Comsumption
Emperor Selbach "The Just" Natural Death
Emperor Iacob III "The Lionheart" The Goddamn Plague
Emperor Selbach II "The Wise" Died in Battle
Emperor Fingin "The Unready" Flu
Emperor Beonard "The Cruel" Last man standing
Next in line for the Throne some retard with zeros all across the board.

After 700 hours of just having this in the background well I did shit got to say it was pretty great.

Probably gonna take a break for a long while until I through a few mods on. Ending was kind of a cop out. Didn't expect like a Fallout slid show but I shouldn't be surprised since Paradox made it.

How'd you become an Emperor in Eire so fast?

delet

Post map

post a pic of it

Married a daughter of William the Conqueror I think and pressed it well the Godwins were trying to take England back. Scotland was a holy war. I took wales after I declared it an empire I believe.

>Irish eyepatch has a tartan