/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Coming for your homebrew edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7, 11.1 via b& DSiWare, 11.2 system transfer - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below: github.com/nedwill/soundhax
-Fasthax ARM11 exploit and bootrom dump announced at 33c3. youtu.be/8C5cn_Qj0G8
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/
psx-scene.com/forums/f153/unofficial-fhdb-1-93-noobie-package-obt-119562/
soundhax.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fasthaxx when

not an argument

nintendo... how about u report THIS

reminder that not an argument

Reminder that the reminder that DS games via SD is not worth waiting for is not worth waiting for.

My Wii U is on 5.3.2, what should I do?

Reminder that this is not an argument that is an argument not an argument is not an argument not an argument is not, as an argument is what this is not. an argument. not an argument
le epic argument nene sppoilers

v&

Any point of using the new hax when you have a9lh already?

Are they just a way for people on 11.2 to downgrade?

Can i play PS1 games on my vita yet?

Is OP in english? For fuck's sakes

How is it that Microsoft consoles NEVER get compromised?

>15 years later
>still no xbox emulator
>No 360 emulator
>no xbox CFW
>no 360 CFW
>literally no news or development on the xbone at 3c33

How does Microsoft do it?

is it possible to downgrade 11.2 consoles with soundhax?
or is it just another entry point for homebrew and nothing else?

once fasthax comes out and you have one of those four dsiware games, sure. other than that it is just homebrew.

No exclusives so no one even try.

No one really cares about their consoles because they have even less games than the Virtual Boy.

Alright boys I got a 2DS and o3DS unhacked, and a n3ds hacked. Will fasthax support 11.2 or? What's the best thing to wait for besides sighax and stuf?

>Xbox HUEG
No hardware documentations

>Xbox 360
Too powerfull and no exclusives

>Xbox One
No one cares

Ok so I have a question in regards to today's resolutions.

I have N3DS XL on 11.1.0-34E. I didn't update because you guys told me to wait till new exploit comes out that will allow downgrade on this firmware.

Today I learned about soundhax. Does it mean that I can install a9lh now on this console? Should I do soundhax, enter HBL and proceed with a9lh installation? From what I gather Sighax is still month away and I want to unlock my console.

Anyone?

I just wanted to know since Menuhax was deemed obsolete once a9lh was released.

Where are games installed on the SD card for the 3DS?
I need more space to install a game

Have patience, for our salvation is near

>No exclusives
You have no idea how bad I want to play Jet Set Radio Future.

What Wii U piracy setups do you fags use for actually storing your games? Actual USB hard drive? USB flash drive? Installed to internal storage?

I cheaped out and went with an SD card + reader because I didn't feel like wasting 1 terabyte on some shitty proprietary formatting.

Can someone wake me up when you can play any relevant DS game via SD?

Just go to system settings and delete them there

>freeShop was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
Couldn't someone just readd it to github except with some random logo?

>is it possible to downgrade 11.2 consoles with cubic ninja?

I need it on March 2017 because Monster Hunter XX is coming. I don't think Sighax is coming that fast.

I just wanna know if is it possible to do a9lh with that new soundhax entrypoint. Sorry I'm new to this.

Does FMBC come with ulaunchelf? Or do I have to install Ulaunchelf separately?

Delete them on FBI or System Management

Yes, Soundhax is basically a new free way to downgrade so you don't have buy Cubic Ninja.

I don't want to delete them though. I just need to temporarily move them.

Do I need to be on the latest Wii U version to access the eShop?

Holy shit, now i know what this feels like on the other side, either fucking wait,or put Soundhax on your 3DS and have a friend do the System Transfer hack

started two days ago on /v/ and naturally came here after the 33c3 threads over there

I followed the guide to prep and install A9LH on my old model 3ds all the way up to the point where you actually install it. I've copied all the correct files to my SD card and whenever I try to load 2xrsa from the browser the console just freezes. I've tried resetting the browser's save data and I've thoroughly checked the files on the card according to the guide. Any clue what could be happening?

not an argument

so when i format on the 3ds, it won't delete all my shit on the micro card, like my backed up JKSM saves and shit?

Why can't I simply do this after doing soundhax? 3ds.guide/

Just remove the it for safety

>How is it that Microsoft consoles NEVER get compromised?
emulators=/=compromised

What's the point of removing a game if you're just going to readd it later?

It's in the Nintendo 3DS folder but it's all in code. It's easier to just delete it and readd the .cia when you're ready

Because 11.2 can only downgrade from the System Transfer Hack or the upcoming ones, Soundhax gives you the Homebrew Launcher, which you'll need for the hacking

no kernel exploit

> =/=
Toppest of keks

I have 11.1.0-34E

ha

sorry my friend

>≠
I mean, you're correct but you still got it wrong.

>not using superior !=

>not !=

Then either update, or get the otherapp for Soundhax for 11.1, either way Soundhax alone won't give you EVERY free game, just signed CIA's

these posts ≠ argument

Are the saves stored somewhere else?

the only thing I care about is playing GBA games on the 3DS

Where do I find a guide for that, and what are the consequences? can I still access the e shop after that and get patches?

So... you think I should still wait for new exploit to come out? I need cfw on this console on march for Monster Hunter XX.

If you don't have a friend with an A9LH 3DS, then yes, wait for the new exploits to release

Just follow the guide. The GBA emulator is included with it. I'm pretty sure you can still access the eshop. There's a guide for that in the pastebin as well.

you mean !==

ok thanks for clearing few things out

~=

/=, actually.

Whats the name of the thing that forces cartridge load?

Force Cartridge Loader

Has anyone installed the noobie package on there ps2 fat?

psx-scene.com/forums/f153/unofficial-fhdb-1-93-noobie-package-obt-119562/

Does it come with ulaunchelf or no? Or is this crap?

The soundhax website looks pretty nice tbqh. soundhax.com/ Still no sight of any free downgrade for latefags though.

Eletricity

>Force Cartridge Loader
Wait seriously? You're not fucking with me?

Microsoft is a computer company, they have people who work specifically in computer security.

Nintendo made board games and Sony made music players.

do i need anything special to transfer from o3ds to N3ds or do i just transfer like normal?

Xbox had CFW. There is a 360 emulator but its slow going. Shame that the original Xbox didn't get a strong emu or something so many good games lost to time on it now.

wrong

Sure

>is
>made
Your statements are both in different tenses so you're confusing me.
Either way, you're wrong on both ends.

They have pretty shit people for computer security, in all honesty.

what?
that isn't an answer.

dunno why latefags think they can downgrade with this

This isn't the same at all...

They're desperate. Still, sighax means we can use hardmods forever, I guess.

>let's cut random letters!

There will literally be no more kernel exploits that allow downgrading for the 3DS. If you didn't get one of the 4 titles when they were up, it is too late.

The conference just passed. That was the opportune time to announce another title.

Enjoy your homebrew and legit CIAs at best.

Literally using soundhax tomorrow,
freeshop is down,
Never hacked my 3ds (n3ds)
Can i literally not play games through homebrew now?

Tri-wing screws while trying to do a hardmod, please send help!

if thosemoralfags weren't just sitting on the bootrom for 18months, I'd be inclined to believe you.

How come the soundhax site doesn't load? Is it down?

Just be yourself, bro.

Use Amazonhax to get a tri-wing screwdriver.

Are you pic related

So um I just heard about Sighax and Soundhax
Are these just ways to access homebrew launcher or do they let you downgrade or install CFW on 11.1 or 11.2 without another system
I have an 11.1 New 3DS, should I update?

you are literally retarded

So what's the status on 3.6.1 Vita games? Do they work on 3.6.0?

Is there any reason why the MicroSD cover is a separate plastic piece than the rest of the body?

The TriWings could still be there without it being a separate piece. So why is it a separate thing?

Genuine question

homebrew launcher

just get a hardmod senpai

anyone?
trying not to fuck shit up, im transferring from a hacked o3ds to a hacked n3ds.

So no one reads the OP?

not an argument

What exactly is soundhax?
What are the benefits of installing it if I already have my 3DS hacked?