Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/ (formerly yasp.co)
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/
reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5kwwd6/full_translation_of_lgdruru_scandal/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=DotA2
youtube.com/watch?v=IK0YuwK9B8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>LGD is the owner of the biggest betting site in China - VPGAME

>LGD.ruru stole an API-KEY

>VPGAME was able get scrim data of all other teams.

>VPGAME was able to move items freely between any steam users, they did it in a way making valve think other competitors(大力菠菜,DOTAMAX) scams their users.

first for frog1

reminder you can get low priority for leaving an UNRANKED game where nobody loses anything

Literally nothing will happen to LGD or the chink slut
Stop talking about it
Forget about it like Halloween and Christmas

Anyways who here /hyped/ for the Chinese New Year event?

>be chink manager of half the teams in the scene
>steal admin API key
>literally cheat in esports for 3 years, grossing over 5 million dollars from high place finishes at internationals
>hack players inventories and frame your competitor for "scamming"

>valve security either so worthless, or the company so corrupt and sold-out to chinks, that they allow a fucking external account to abuse an API like this for so long, never detecting the abuse.

>also allowing fucking external requests outside their corporate/secure network to do things like manipulate items in players inventories and accounts, literally tens of thousands of dollars sometimes.

this is literally the biggest scandal in esports history and nobody fucking cares

it was dropped at the holiday season (almost as if to be swept under the rug) and reddit is ignoring it

fuck this shit

ruru is fucking beautiful and I forgive her

reminder you can get low priority for leaving a RANKED game where nobody loses anything

but you do lose unranked mmr

is Crystal "Maiden" the most horrible title given to someone in dota land?
this "Maiden" doesnt look like a maiden to me , hell Lina the Slayer is more of a maiden compared to this slut.

how long do I have?

>NOT FIRST

I can see valves response now (if they even decide to respond)

>We've looked into the API key and found no cases of abuse, but just to be safe we've reset it and ensured that it cannot happen.
>In other news the chinese new bloom event is coming, make sure you submit your hats for the chests and look forward to spending money

>MMR is literally 1 now, was at around 2k last year

Now that I've hit rock bottom, can I finally start winning again?

>buy 6k account
>only play unranked
>can never fall out of 6k

downsides?

Reminder it is not cheating unless you make no money or you are popular

can someone please explain what an API Key does

isn't ruru a grill? who is the real mastermind behind all of this?

Am I supposed to expect that a qt3.14 chink girl beat Valve at jewing people?

you have to play unranked

Yea you wasted money on a 6k account that you will never make use of besides showing off your epenis. Unranked has a separate MMR by the way.

you bought a 6k account

she is so beautiful XD

>ywn get manipulated by ruru

it gives you access to underlying dota systems

API Key is like being able to log-in as an admin basically and you have access to everyone's account, whether it be replay data or inventory control

>not "you have to play dota"

>unranked has its own mmr
nope

>her ultimate manipulation is that she was a he the whole time

ruru is ____

yep

BREAKING NEWS

VALVE IS REPORTING THAT RURU WAS FOLLOWING ORDERS UNDER THE TRUE MASTERMIND. VALVE HAS RELEASED A PHOTO BUT HAS YET TO IDENTIFY HIM

>API Key is like being able to log-in as an admin basically and you have access to everyone's account, whether it be replay data or inventory control
No, that's now how the regular API key works.

>nope
blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/
>We actually track a total of four MMRs for each player:

Normal matchmaking, queuing solo
Normal matchmaking, queuing with a party
Ranked matchmaking, queuing solo
Ranked matchmaking, queuing with a party

>>unranked has its own mmr
>nope
retard alert

besides unranked mmr caps out at 5k so it doesn't even fucking matter

grants admin access like what only icefrog & valve software devs/support are supposed to have. (and only on their internal network or when vpn'd into it)

also is designed for software nerds so you can easily script & automate things, i.e. make it even easier to cheat by spying on scrims

Do you faggots even read?

>The normal API-KEY can only view the data of public matches, however the stolen one was able to view private matches

They didn't steal a normal API key

>buy 6k account
>don't lose mmr anyway because as long as you're not pos1/2 it's ez as fuck to maintain at least 50% winrate

high mmr is literally the promised land where retards are verboten

the only reason d2g tries to cover it up is because they want to keep it so only NEETs who grind MMR for thousands of hours can reach it

I'm pretty sure the original poster implied he was asking about the one Ruru stole, which was the admin key, not asking about a normal one

no shit retard, it's obvious from context he meant the stolen API key not API in general

neck yourself violently my man

i swear to god there's a decent chance, especially since it's entering the thirdie power hour, that we've got chinks trying to cloud and distort the discussion as that's the best damage control you can do with this scandal

i really dout anyone can be this fucking stupid
not even on d2g

>also is designed for software nerds so you can easily script & automate things, i.e. make it even easier to cheat by spying on scrims
>Implying teams know this
Back when Icex3 made and AMA on reddit he said that china teams still analyze replays manually.
So at worse ruru got them replays from scrim from private lobbies (only friend of the player can donwload this)

So ritsu leaked one scrim and meanwhile LGD had the data of every scrim every other team ever played? Did I understood it right?

players are dumb video game retards but they setup a database for their stupid shitty chink website so they hired some software nerds who definitely did know about that potential and did abuse it to the maximum amount possible.

correct, except it wasn't just LGD, it was multiple teams (CDEC, etc).

and yes, those teams made millions (mostly at TI) thanks to their cheating

yes but ritsu is a faggot

doesn't their API-Key only let them see chinese scrims anyway?

>half of the chinese scene spied on his strats for years
>the teams that spied on him still could not defeat him

how did he do it bros

>Navi.Pajkatt
am I reading this right?

Is it worth grinding back up?

No. It was _all_ data

also API keys are not region limited. Check the documentation.

The keys were intended for the organization known as perfect world, but they had access to _all_ servers, not just PW.

>They fell for the API honeypot

>The keys were intended for the organization known as perfect world, but they had access to _all_ servers, not just PW.
is Valve just retarded or something? Thats like putting a bike next to a google

correct except nothing was lost when they kill ritsu
meanwhile LGD owns the chinese dota, If you're Valve what can you do?

>If you're Valve what can you do?
call Trump

Valve is either retarded or sold out to corrupt chinks for market share.

The simple fact that the key could FUCKING MOVE ITEMS IN PEOPLES INVENTORY is a gigantic fucking red flag the size of texas

ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COULD BE EXECUTED FROM AN EXTERNAL NETWORK?

REALLY
MAKES
YOU
FUCKING
THINK

And they didn't even fucking monitor these actions and let it go unnoticed for years

absolutely fucking astounding

no wonder they had those issues in the past with fucking cached pages showing user info

should we go make a big deal out of it on Reddit? Valves not going to do anything otherwise

>be a boy
>put on a wig, dress, and pushup bra
>call yourself a girl (male)
>use your charm to seduce and steal API-Keys, fix matches, and defeat competing gambling sites

RMYT...

but was getting caught part of her plan?

yes the gulagians with reddit accounts should

there is a thread on reddit but it has pathetic # of upvotes frankly

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5kwwd6/full_translation_of_lgdruru_scandal/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=DotA2

>look up old gameplay
>map was sehow prettier

youtube.com/watch?v=IK0YuwK9B8Q

>the gulagians with reddit accounts should

this gimmick is really tiring

when will barneyyy give it up?

any excuse to push your shitty tranny bullshit on everyone huh?

>a clip of wagafaga's stream where a girl speaks on a mic has more upvotes than the largest scandal in dota 2 history
really makes me think

im mad goodnight gulag

biggest scandal in dota history and nobody cares

because it doesn't involve western e-celeb players i guess

I'm am greatly anticipating the first massive SEA DotA scandal

hao already did it but based navi managed to stop him
people should have seen it coming the second time

there are so many things wrong with this

partner with LGD's competion

ruru doesn't have ties to perfect world anymore

bout to play my first solo ranked game in 2 years. 3.2k mmr how do I win in this shit bracket?

Who's the superior mastermind?

Who would win a chess match?

the Chinese twink game fixer or the salty autist

why are we even getting riled up by this? we all know valve will ignore it or will give them """""""""""""punishment""""""""""""""" that results to nothing.

whats the sleeper OP build for oracle? I like playing him but I usually play solo and playing solo with oracle is hard because you have to coordinate his abilities.

no one cares about your esports drama bullshit faggot. i want this god damn game to go back to being playable again.

yeah it has garbage composition, aspect ratio and white balance

Valve probably won't do anything but at least if reddit gets fired up it will be a black eye for valve

>we

there's no we faggot feel free to go complain on reddit

I've been busy with finals and then Christmas

how's 7.00? I might be able to play next week

>/d2g/ already fantasizing about a girl being a guy
Do you ever shut up

>chinks hacking players inventories is "esports"

what did the gulagian mean by this

4-0-4-1 and go Dagon 5
make sure you get all the last hits from killing heroes
buy 1 ward every 3min ? ? literally """"SUPPORT""""

>check dota2 reddit
>#1 is a shitty clip of wagas stream with 2k upboats
>#2 some guy calling the patch deathball, had to put a fucking bolded, underlinded, caplocked disclaimer at the top that it's his opinion to not get shittalked
>#3 is one of the numerous attempts at fixing the shit UI valve will never listen to
>#4 is the biggest scandal in dota 2 history that nobody cares about
>#5 is a guy feeding as venge

all the teams that used the API to cheat and spy were still not able to beat EG

when they did lose to chinks they were other, non-ruru orgs.

>liquidcucks are literally defending her

>check dota2 reddit

Did ristu even leak anything? thought he just made a skype group call and nothing really happened

yeah actually this is the right attitude to take

>people think reddit is ever good

>chinks literally have the tool to win every TI's
>they can't
how is this remotely possible?

what if cheating chinks were throwing in the late stages of TI to get that 2nd-4th place cash and not arose suspicion from valve to look at API logs

RMYT...

this guy gets it
winning 1st in everything sure is a good fucking way to get caught

jk

it's not like valve has API logs

they why have gooks still not been caught in lol

the hacking brazilians in cs:go haven't been caught yet despite doing just that

because valve cares less about csgo than fucking tf2

>chinks could have cheated all the way to 1st place
>but they assumed valve coloration was a competent company and would have discovered their cheating
>they assumed valve would put in effort and have processes and safeguards in place that would have thwarted them

i thought asians were supposed to be smart

DOTARDS

WHO IS THE HERO WITH THE MOST R34???

who the fuck is that baby? how's that little guy dota 2 (two) related?

>he doesn't know the literal "my wife's son" of dota

I feel like there aren't enough utility items in the game. Like there is a bunch of shit in the game that just has no answer. Not saying any of this shit is overpowered but just saying it has no real answer or a very niche answer.

>1 Monkey King tree hop
Honestly, there isn't enough high ground ward spots to see him on trees. Obviously not every patch of trees needs a ward spot but in the most important locations, there is no spot to put a ward to see above trees.

Also, very few heroes can provide the tree height vision and the ones that can are a liability against the monkey king. For example, winter wyvern can see him but she is shit against because ice block will allow monkey to shit all over people.

The next thing is ghost scepter. Ghost scepter is a funny item. Its a double edged sword while BKB which is its functional opposite is not. Popping BKB has no downsides. Popping ghost scepter may get you killed. Yes ghost scepter is cheap but it can also be purged, taken advantage of and it takes up a slot and gives few stats. In reality, there should be a item opposite of BKB that gives auto attack immunity with no drawback. Why is there no functional opposite?

The next item, bracer. Bracer has been a shit item for a long time. In the past you would rarely see people go double bracer when behind. Nowadays no one buys a casual bracer and no one double bracers as a early item combo. You see people go double null and double wraith band but you never see double bracer? Why is that?

It obviously means that strength as a stat is very strange. Agility mechanically is a overpowered stat while most strength heroes can't even take real advantage of the bonus damage stacking strength gives.

What the fuck is this?

Please someone tell me where i can find the combat log.

unironically night stalker

Sorry dude. Valve doesn't do logging. Have you read the thread?