/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

praiseclang.com edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=-aH3rgdYqiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for JU-87

/seg/

The Iowa is a lot more iconic since it was actually built, but I could always have a Montana blueprint lying around as a later game upgrade from the Iowa.

>hit max level
>unlock everything
>plenty of points left over

I thought i'd have to ration these and specialize in something. Huh.

Project Moon Base is afoot!
>inb4 no one cares
I wouldn't have posted this except for the fact that we're not getting any other posts

>magnesium shortage

>all those 999 ores

Are you playing in creative mode?

No, I just hoard them. I had been saving up for a CV but then I learned about the meteor impacts in the other thread so I'm more OK with using up my stockpiles now.

All clear out here.

Wait a damn minute-

[SIGNAL LOST]

I fucking hate empyrion ground vehicle building

Reposting since I'm blind and posted in ded tred

>
>
>
Thanks for the input. I sort of wanted to do transport with pipes. I wanted the player to be able to have several factories on different planets, all producing and selling automatically. I wanted true resources to be counted in terms of products per second, anything that isn't renewable should quickly run out, forcing you to build self-sufficient factories. Hence the pipes, because I'd want some sort of simplified model of all your factories running all the time. I'd imagine simple buffer would be lighter in computation than a belt. I see that I'll have to rethink some aspects of this mechanic

1 hour till starter planet reset in Empyrion.

Get your shit together fags.

>starter planet for newbies
>guy is here in his massive capital ship preparing to drop mining drones on every ore deposit on the planet the instant the planet resets in an hour

More battleship shit

>brick covered in guns
>meta compliant

>replaced alloy with metal

Thankyou that was triggering me.

Hey, you don't want your 22k block boat to start off by sinking

>22k blocks
>looks about 50% complete.

>anything but the most brickest of shit not being meta compliant

yes

remove empyrion you are worst egg

>remove (you)'s
>make a fucking poll about it AFTER

Veeky Forums.org/polls/11

FUCK HIRO AND HIS KIKE BULLSHIT
He's a fucking hack.

>try to vote

>only Veeky Forums pass users can vote

4chanx bro

I can talk about Robocraft instead.

oh vey goyim the site isn't making any money

>go browse Veeky Forums on my phone
>shit is completely fucking filled with shitty ads that are clickbait virus crap

thanks hiro you really improved the site

(You) was a 4chanX-only feature for a long time, buddy.

And it still is, so who gives a fuck?

rate my new hobowagon

>tfw you keep finding something else to change
>tfw you'll never release .37
Suffering.

I like the color scheme, very minimalist

>/egg/perion planets reset but nobody will come online and invite me back into the faction so I cant start gathering loots and ores for our empire

Pro-tip; make 4 legs from the vehicle and delete all blocks except the 4 points touching the ground.
You now have a floating build which you finish by deleting the 4 blocks at the end.

Are you pirate or hunter?
Because I just started hunter and some faggot already mined half of iron there and I wondered if I should rather start on EU and then warp to NA with my ship, is it even possible?

Project Moon Base continues!

I fucked up badly enough in Survival mode that I'm trying to make it in Creative and then blueprint it over.

I started off with an idea but now it's kind of just MAKE IT BIGGER and I kinda want to quit and start over.

What's your advice, /egg/?

still sucks that I can't just build it in space

The /egg/ group is Hunter, but yeah, all the big factions have already hit the starter planets and are eating up all the ore as fast as possible, or slapping down a dozen mining drones over ore deposits to make them thousands of ore every hour.

Seems like /egg/s motivation was killed after the base got nuked? Im still up for playing.

I'll join but in 7 hours or so
If you lads will still be here of course

Moon Base pt. 2 continues.

This plant grow light is 2 blocks up; will it still work?

I'm guessing it will based on the purple light.

This being the light.
>implying the threat didn't need a bump or two anyway

What is your prime time hsw lads?
>This plant grow light is 2 blocks up; will it still work?
Yes, light 2 blocks up will still grow stuff in 3x3 below. In fact in some tuts I was reading it was even advised.

Report him. You can get people's CVs delet because its illegal to take a CV down to a starter once you've left. You have photo evidence.

Only 2 of the people (incidentally the 2 veterans) are burned out on Empyrion. I'm sure once we get shit up and running ourselves they'll come back.

Let's fucking do this boyz

Theres CVs all over fucking starter planets though.

Just found out that its allowed in 5.0 and the whole server laps it up and finds no problem at new players not having anything.

Shit community on HWS.
New server when.

>bring up not enough resources for new players to be able to get off the starter planet because oldfags wipe it within seconds.
>be accused of being a noob and not knowing the rules
>Say thats dumb, I know the rules and that 4.0 was better
>"WHAT DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T EVEN GET OFF THE STARTER PLANET LOL"

>be ded /egg/man
>have to choose
>spawn at home planet unable to craft anything because no survival constructor and no resources
>or do I cb:reset and lose literally all my AM, my credits in the EB, my OCD, and all my serverside progress.

Great game design.

have you tried calling them niggers until they cave?

profanity filter will ban you because carebear server.

Too many normies in my autism games.

>walking around on starter planet
>see shit like this at literally every ore deposit

Gee Gee.

I'm all for looking for a new server.

HWS are the only servers with a large population for whatever fucking reason.

Probably because they make the game easy mode by having their special website integration stuff like storage and mining drones for you that exist outside the game. It makes the game ridiculously easy to play, and lets people build massive ships no problem, instead of being an autistic space dwarf and mining out entire mountains with your bare hands to crush your enemies with a huge capital ship.

>Aussie server
user pls, I'm desperate but not THAT desperate.

There are 10-16 eggmen in empyrion.

Crashing the party when we're 1/3 of server pop might be fun as well.

I wont be able to play until nek week.
Gone 4 normie NYE party.

There would be a slight possibility of me starting to play to take part in a purge, but I have a cold that has reached the 'sneeze every time you exist' stage, so I'm not learning anything anytime soon.

In what way?
AI? Use naval AI, control height with PIDs and control blocks.
Recoil? No shit, use energy weapons and long range missiles.
Stability? It's no different then planes, build them balanced and keep your PID power as low as possible.

Me too.
Most of mine do. The first volley passes over them and then they pull themselves up to water level. I build my shit as deep as I can.

reminder that heavily modded public servers were a mistake

>ywn build a void ray in spongies/eggpyrion and melt through steel @1 block/2-3 seconds

>look at eggpyrion steam group
>nobody plays empyrion
???

So was an earthquake simulator intended in this instance?
This is a legitimate question, I made some odd things myself before I got bored.

youtube.com/watch?v=-aH3rgdYqiw

Are there any engineering majors ITT?

eggpyrion got REKT, didn't you hear

praise bopit, the absolute madman

HE COMES

Let's not name names, that always turns generals into faggotry. But yeah fuck that guy.

Does that mean you stopped playing? Just get cucked by one abusing douche and giving up?

The EGG shall rise again. Some day.

I just spawned and mined 1700 iron from meteorites on hunter starter planet but I dunno where to put my hobo base, you guys started out already?

Maybe later today. Maybe on a different server. Noone are playing right now.

Well in the meantime should I put autominer and what deposit would be best for it? Will it mine offline?
I just bought game and know literally nothing about it.

We get this question every five generals or so.
It's time to stop.

The /egg/pyrion resurgence would work better if we actually had somebody take control of everything and set times.

But will they even play?

Ok so I binge watched Empyrion for the first time, and I'm fucking over being tilted and ready to fucking get this empyrion thing rolling again.

Am 100% tilted at Firefly being cancelled now tho.

meant to say I binge watched Firefly. Fuck

There's a movie out, too, don't forget to watch that.

Hint
Its called Serenity

Just picked up space engineers on the steam sale. Am I in for a treat?

no
You're in for CLANG

no, you bought the wrong game. Should've got empyrion.

OP missing LogicBots and BrickRigs which are both egg.

I hope you didn't play it for more than two hours

what is a good /egg/ game for under 3.32 canadian dolleridoos

neither of them are important enough to add to the OP

is Empyrion pirateable

if you want singleplayer yes

oh

You seem surprised, that's how it is with the vast majority of games.

piratefag multiplayer might be possible using smartsteamemu and a private server with EAC disabled maybe

CLANG

empyrion's 2 selling points over spengies are:
>it runs way better, even on older hardware
>100+ people servers are no problem

ded