Should I buy this 1992 Cadillac DeVille for $4995?

no

It had 110,000 miles. I bought the same year & model 4 years ago for $2500 with 110,000 which even had a digital dash. Albeit this one is black with a cleaner engine which is hard to find.

No? I'd be happy to get 1.5k for mine albeit it has no working ac and no interior lights/cigarette outlets an missing triv prices on exterior. 90k miles

Fuck no.
Especially for that price
It will guzzle gas and be a bitch in terms of repairs

If it were $2.5k as a fun "side" car maybe it could be cool, but as a DD? No way. Go for a pantherbody or Japanese shitbox

Do you think you could sell it on for a profit?

That's a nice colorway, I've never seen it before. Is it a '92? Mileage & issues?

No, not at all. It really is a great car but I'm starting to realize it's overpriced just like other anons are saying.

I would really would like a 2011 Crown Vic with low mileage. Some are in the area for around 9 grand.

What about this for $3995, 84,000 miles?

Didn't see your post below picture...

For 90k miles you are underlisting it. I would ask at least 2 grand

Not sure of colour way, but it's a silver upper with charcoal lower cladding and a blue dealer installed pinstripe.

Engines and transmission is mint, but a few electrical gremlins causing drained battery's resulted in fuses pulled for interior lights and no outlets. Had an exhaust leak this past summer which was fixed.

Thinking of using it as winter car and up mr2 turbo for summer, only think is I can't hook up with girls in one lol.

You're crazy, I got tons of nods in mine including a few instances of road skull. That car is a woman's best friend. Idk might be your colorway but i like it. Mine was burgundy with a tan paneling, digital dash, same rims as yours. I'd post a pic but I deleted my Craigslist ad after I sold it for $250 due to tranny fluid mixing w/ oil.

btw mine was an absolute moose during winter in vermont so u should be good

I'm talking about if I got an MR2, haven't had any problems in the cadillac lmao

EFFU EFFU
CAN'T COMPETE
REAR WHEEL DRIVE
CAN'T BE BEAT

I'm not fucking reading right tonight my b, desu. I've only seen shitty ones around here but if u can get your hands on a clean one tho, those mr2's are sexy

True but I'd also be driving the next purchase in the winter & rear wheels are too friendly on ice

5k is a bit much, but clean black Cadillacs command a premium over any other color by a long shot. The fact it's at a dealer adds 1000-1500 compared to a PP sale. If it's the car you really want, I say go for it; but IMO in that price range I'd look elsewhere.

Avoid 2011's. They're laden with electrical issues compared to other years and build quality is pretty shoddy as the machinery was wearing out. 07-09 seem to be absolute prime years in terms of options and reliability. 08+ could run e85, 09+ had upgraded brakes, but the only advantage to 2011 is optional keyless entry on some PI models.

As for the DTS, personally I'd opt for one before the 92 you posted. Last Gen Eldo>>> both though. But clean Eldorados tend to go for a lot more money. Most Eldos I see are either complete trainwrecks for sub 2500 or garage queens running 6500+

i don't like it, so no

Yes

Maybe if you're a GM fanboy and want to keep it as a garage queen hobby type car. For a daily driver you can get a lot newer and more reliable cars.

$5000 for a piece of shit
I hope it taste good

How does the ride quality of an American landbarge compare to an S or E-class, or an LS400?

Serious question, I've never driven in any of the three.

Going to depend on personal taste really. Traditional landyacht ride will be really soft and fairly floaty which requires a sedate driving style or it just flops all over itself. Great at soaking up highway miles. Not so good in heavy commuter and city traffic. Since it seems that most people drive like they're in a twitch video game they'll prefer the firmer, but not necessarily harsh, euro style suspension tuning.

I'd much rather the Fleetwood in the background personally. But that DeVille does look very clean

OP is FF.

I can compare an 09 S Class to a 2000 LS400 and an 09 Town Car. The LS400 is a level and type of comfy that doesn't exist anywhere else I've found - even the newer LS460 doesn't have it. It's like driving a fast cloud.

It's amazing people are out there not buying LS400s out there the car is so ahead of it's time, and so easily priced.
Tell me more about how the 460s have changed