/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Best Friends Edition
>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 14th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/Heavensturn/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vK5Dpq2Jl40
youtube.com/watch?v=s95FrUrgHHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im ready to fucking explode edition

hello

Was she best girl?

>tfw went male durgon instead of male potato
I did right, didn't I?

That said, can I switch class and job at any time, right?

xth for ZANKETZUKEN

xth for beepy stop stalking

putt butt

a gentle meow and a spook.

>That said, can I switch class and job at any time, right?
yes

Who's it this time

xth for beepy stop stalking

you did! and yes you can!

then I can level by doing all of the job/class quests, right?

WoW's clown fiesta rng broke me, how bad is this game RNG?

yth for waiting for patch 3.5 in a dimly lit inn.

is that the emote that comes with that $120 USD statue?
Nice.

fug?

it is! the statue itself is quite nice, and the emote is a cool side bonus!

Theres basically no RNG to gear outside of raid drops being random, but you can buy them with turn ins you get weekly. Theres no broken legendaries to RNG grind for, take that as a good or bad thing. Gearing in this game is pretty lackluster, but theres definitely a difference in someone with full ilvl cap gear and someone fotb

youtu.be/vK5Dpq2Jl40
Oh, it's funny...!
It's the funniest thing... I've ever made.

hello?

are you that top dom in soft?

What should the average DPS of a BRD with ilvl 252 Gear be?

around 2k ish

And rotation wise?

meowing hard?

Kiss is the new Paks

go back to cat.

what a shit lizard

Yes :3
*meows erotically*

Not until he drinks digital piss and makes a love confession video.

Soon.

why did you move? ;_;

didn't kiss do that already with amber

Gnarly, cool thanks brodie

ON A BOSS OR IN SSS? JEEZ EMILY STOP ASKING VAGUE QUESTIONS!!!

I already drank digital piss though.
To look toward brighter days... ;_;7

Greetings from Limsa Lominsa's illegal Carbuncle fighting ring.

meowboyos

Forgive me, I haven't kept my eyes on thread happenings as much.

Can't wait to bring my Ruby Carbuncle in there and destroy some fools.

actually thinking about it but idk if im gonna go back to black or not

no but you should probably join suya

Some classes have some dot based proc RNG like BLM/MCH/BRD, but most classes are based around specific rotations and uptime/buff management

anyone else miss the early access/first release when Limsa Lominsa was literally a sea of blue and yellow carbuncles?

>leave suya
>still tell people to join suya

frick off!!! come play OW

Evelynn Vilmark aka Evie Fiona

The King forgives you.

youtube.com/watch?v=s95FrUrgHHY

They got my name wrong in the title and the dialogue, wtf.
I need to upload the proper version of that clip.

Most jobs have little to no RNG involved in their rotations. Off the top of my head:

- Two of the tanks have a single skill that can only be used after a shield block and parry, respectively. The one with the shield has a skill that forces blocks, and the one that parries has a skill that drastically increases parry chance; in practice you're able to keep those skills on cooldown almost constantly.

- One healer has RNG-based party buffs, that are honestly a little too strong to leave to the RNG, but don't actually affect your primary job of healing (or secondary job of throwing in DPS as a healer). The other two have no RNG, unless you count one skill that has ludicrously powerful critical heals.

- Of the three melee DPS classes, two have no RNG whatsoever, and the third has a mechanic where every fourth attack will randomly get a positional damage bonus on either the flank or the rear; other than which position grants the damage bonus, the skills are identical.

- At level 50, one of the casters (Black Mage) is very RNG-dependent, but in the level 60 rotation, that RNG is almost entirely excised, and you have a skill that allows you to force a proc. The other caster (Summoner) has no RNG dependence at all.

- The physical ranged DPS classes are the only ones that heavily rely on RNG. Bard has two DoTs that tick every 3 seconds, and every time a DoT tick crits, there's a 30% chance that one of their off-GCD attacks refreshes. Their basic GCD attack also has a 15-20% chance of activating a proc on another of their standard GCD attacks, that makes it instant-cast and critical. Machinist has a 1-2-3 sequence of GCD attacks where the 1 has a 50% chance of proccing the 2, and the 2 has a 50% chance of proccing the 3. They also get a huge amount of forced procs, though, so it's not quite as much of a slot machine as it sounds.

Bard is the only class that I'd say is RNG-centric, and even that is mostly just in relation to the other classes.

Sorry im Vaguey McVaguerson, thats what I tried to ask the first time, "On a dummy." what should it be for like a11s?

>__________ in DF
>immediately abandon
What makes you rage quit /xivg/?

literally me - the pic

Sometimes I even amaze myself.

Hyur for hire!

stop blogging and stop posting

>hyur for hire
>hye-ur for hire
>hire for hire
??
Calm down, little boy.
For every sixty (60) seconds that you are angry, you lose one (1) minute of happiness.

Sounds good.

I'm gonna need the full of this one

what's the best battle voice for female miqote? I really hate annoying ones. Please, if you have suggestions for me

>ada cucking rena with a lily alt
Can't make this shit up.

Whichever you like most?

anal readjustment facility

Check the yaoi thread.

Beepy where you at? I need you meow.

>tripfags are literal fags
who would have known

reminder that I anonymous called it first.

it's just a fcmate i'm taking through coil

damn, i've never been over there. some good stuff so far...

it's in the name

Is there anyone here on Balmung that's a WVR spec that could make me the 5 250 healing pieces? I'm happy to buy the mats or pay you to make the mats/final product. I'm almost 60 and I have no gear and so much catch up to do ;_;

fap
game n sleep

>tfw there's still Christmas cake

yeah I can log in an help you out, I've wvr/arm/gsm spec

where do you want to meet?

i'm in limsa in front of the MB, bigass elf in blue allagan gear. do you need all HQ mats?

r

game n sleep

not all hq but the more the better
I can make the raw stuff for gsm/arm/wvr btw if you wanna save gil on getting cheaper mats for me to make
try to get some hq but it doesn't all need to be, certainly helps though

Does anyone else feel like the protagonist in this game lacks a real motivation for what he does? Playing through this main scenario, it feels like I'm just floating from one fight to another with little real cause for doing so. What drives him? Why does he thoughtlessly support everything that is asked of him?

>tfw christmas cake and nobody wants me

I want you baby. Bend over and present the goods.

how do you feel about lizardmen

I know that feel.

maybe if you didn't persuasively sweat like a damn dog you would disgust everyone in sight

I imagine it's a throwback to classic Final Fantasy games, which had next to no story up until... 4 I think? You were just the Warrior(s) of Light on a quest to save the world from darkness, with little to no backstory.

I feel like i missed fun times though Coil but i fell asleep.

Unrelated but i just got Wanderers unlocked. Is it normal that it feels really clunky and worse then what ive been doing for 52 levels at first?

>tfw love Christmas Cake

You're the MC, user. You're supposed to self-insert, like with any MMO, you big dummy.

Private Chambers - Mist

Christmas cake is delicious.
What's wrong with Christmas cake?
It's refined.

Yeah don't use Wanderer's Minuet until you get Empyreal Arrow.

You could probably wait until Iron Jaws too but Empyreal Arrow is worth the practice of using.

Bunnylanders

Give unto me your abandoned cakes.
I shall take them with glee.

/barf

dykelanders please go and stay go

>tfw unexpectedly find a glam I love

You're just supposed to make your own reason. It could be money, fame, duty, or even for sinister reasons.

What? Shut up nerd lol

do you like lizardgirls

n0

WHERES THE VIDEO GAME

I like your answer better. Making your own story seems cooler than legit not having one at all.

>not wanting an older woman who is financially stable, comfortable in her body, and sexually experienced

Are you retarded or something?

its been 6 fucking minutes since someone in our raid dc'd and it stow doesn't show him out the game what the actual fuck is this SE????

You know something is up when all of DRAKN is in erp chambers

if I buy the game on steam can I connect it to my non steam account?

Well.
you're not wrong.

nup