If I tried to daily this would I die?

If I tried to daily this would I die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eEnmysbVqBg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKZ5_IFI3YI
youtube.com/watch?v=LzhboQfaza4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably. It rides so smooth you might fall asleep at the wheel.

looks like shit, heavy as shit, slow as shit, can'tturn as shit, gets mpgs as shit

why the fuck would you want to daily one of these?

I was born in a liberal family and grew up with sensible efficient cars. I want a big ostentatious American land yacht like a jew wants a Christmas tree

>looks like shit, heavy as shit, slow as shit, can'tturn as shit, gets mpgs as shit

Sooo it's like a German luxury car, but reliable?

It's a big car

It would be extremely painful at the gas station.

For you

>70s amerishitmobiles
>reliable
this must be bait. nobody is this retarded, not even people that like those cars

user those kinds of people are the most retarded

Spotted the eurocucks. It's 8.2 liters and it's putting out 230hp... It will run on the tears of Europeans with no oil forever. BTW It's faster than your modern shitboxes.

>It's 8.2 liters and it's putting out 230hp
>weighs 4000+lbs
holy fuck, does that thing even move under its own weight?

0-60 in 9.7. It's closer to 6000lbs.

That makes it a supercar by European standards.

>0-60 in 9.7. It's closer to 6000lbs.
you cannot make this shit up. I guess my mom's honda odyssey is also a supercar then since it could blow the doors off that piece of shit, if the piece of shit doesn't break down before 60

Going fast isn't even the point.

>44 years of engineering to barely beat a 6000lb land yacht

That's uhhh impressive?? It's still faster than your bus though ;)

>BTW It's faster than your modern shitboxes.

Not designed to be fast. Still faster than most modern Euro shitboxes. Here's your daily reminder that a Twingo does 0-60 in 14.

>9.7
maybe off the showroom floor... closer to 19.7 seconds in 2017. or 29.7 with your fat ass in it possibly lmao

DO it, you magnificent bastard.

suddenly a 1.0l twingo is "most modern euro shitboxes"
lmao

euros know how to do landbarges properly... not piece of shit fwd lead trash cans

just refuting your point that it isn't faster than my mom's car, let alone mine. the difference between modern euro shitboxes and that car is that they are reliable and save gas, that is their point.

The fuel consumption rises brother

I don't think British people get to call Americans fat anymore... How the fuck do your cars move these things with 0.5l engines? That must be why none of you people can drive cars.

>trailer trash americuck this upset people dont like his aircraft carrier on wheels
kek, hes probably a nigger

why in the fuck do you think he is british? did your retarded brain just decide that's what he is?

im not british, not even european
keep up with the desperate memes though its hilarious

>posting two people that would be considered a 'healthy weight' in america
TOP KEK

You all drive twin turbo V12 Mercedes? Yeah fucking right. Not working at Tesco for $6 an hour...

>european shitbox
>reliable
wew.

Why are you bragging about your car (which probably only exists on Gran Autismo) being faster than a 6000lb boat?

>just refuting your point that it isn't faster than my mom's car, let alone mine
can you fucking read or what? I'm not bragging, I'm telling you you're wrong

British Benefits couple ‘too fat to work’ celebrate first wedding anniversary at KFC
A COUPLE dubbed as Britain’s fattest scroungers were seen celebrating their first wedding anniversary at KFC – months after shedding 13 stone.

at least they arent bed ridden

Your mom's honda is fourty years newer, dude. That's not something you can brag about. It'll be old one day too.

wew lad, why are so salty?

I'm not bragging about it you dumbfuck namefag, he said
>BTW It's faster than your modern shitboxes.
so I proved him wrong

>why in the fuck do you think he is british?

I've been here long enough to sniff out the jealousy in europoor's comments.

and ive been here long enough to sniff out underage americans on christmas break
gtfo

Of hunger yes. The gas bill will drain all your main and savings accounts.

No its an old American car you're going to constantly be fucking with the distro and carb

OP here, What would a fuel injection conversion do for me?

That's not true. Once it's set, they're pretty reliable. I used to DD a '72 Eldorado; now, I DD a '66 Imperial.

Front shocks wear out quickly, but are an easy repair. The only thing that I hate to fix is the climate control and axle boots. Everything else is stout. Fuel economy is in the teens; which isn't terrible, but the ride is exceptional.

If I bought a cheap one and had 2-3k extra to spend what should I get taken care of?

Buy a nicer one instead; they need very little, so your best bet is to buy the nicest car you can from the start.

Upholstery work is expensive, all parts have to be ordered in, but they're torque monsters and are spirited; though, not the quickest.

If the car isn't rusty or worn, that's the most important part. Stripping off the emissions crap and adding an Edelbrock carburetor (size depending upon whether you want power or fuel economy) really helps, too.

Ehhhh if you want a car and can afford it why not

they expect one of us in the wreckage brother

youtu.be/eEnmysbVqBg

LOL you 1 example. not exactly proving him wrong. besides, I wouldn't exactly call a Honda Odyssey a shitbox

535 ft lbs of torque @2800 rpm you mongoloid

Thanks for the advise. If you have any other words of wisdom I'd love to hear 'em.

It would be extremely painful to park at a Costco.

It's a big parking lot.

By the 70's points were just about extinct.

EZ EFI bolts right on to a 4 barrel manifold and costs no more than $2000 and can be made to run on anything.

No problem. If you aren't experienced with working on a classic yourself, these cars are a great way to learn. Is there a reason you want an Eldorado, though?

I ran one of those in a demo derby years ago. That thing was a fucking monster. 500 cu.in. engine and fwd, it would spin around like nothing in the pit

Not enough to justify the expense. You'd do better improving the efficiency of the engine which has been compromised by emissions. Ignition timing advance will be lazy and the cam will be something like 10 degrees retarded compared to a similar item from before the emissions era. Intake air temp will be run up over 150F by the Thermal Air Cleaner. First-Gen pellet-type cats are horribly restrictive. Not to mention the original exhaust on such cars is a disaster from the standpoint of flow and power. It should be nearly silent though which was what they aimed for.

>Implying throttle body injection is actually an improvement over carbs.

Why would you die? It has power steeringnpower brakes and seat belts. I'd daily drive something from the early 40's if I could afford it in running condition.

Implying it's not

There is a reason it only existed from the mid 80's-early 90's only to be replaced by multi-point injection. It was unreliable and offered no efficiency gains over carbs, only electronic complication.

>There is a reason it only existed from the mid 80's-early 90's only to be replaced by multi-point injection.
Because nobody wanted to redesign intakes on engines that had existed since the 50's.
Either way, TBI is the only option that bolts on and it'll go bang every time on demand.

>muh muh carb does too!
Yeah after you crank for a solid 17 seconds and have to set the choke.
>inb4 someone says i don't like carbs.

>Because nobody wanted to redesign intakes on engines that had existed since the 50's.
Yes, Detroit being lazy as a bag of shit as usual.

>2017+12:11 hours
>still using pushrods
KEK

that is a good car for a 80 yo guy so he can drive to the church

Or a black guy with a lime green suit.

Driveability is the main reason to upgrade to EFI. Particularly in cold weather and big elevation changes.
On colder humid days carbs usually run like shit for the first 5 minutes or so of driving until the engine gets some heat in it, a well adjusted choke helps but it can only do so much. You get used to how they act though.

>big elevation changes.
Just wanna say something, EFI won't cure a lack of air, it'll only optimize a fuel charge for the available air.

That's the point. Not having to reject at elevation is that benefit

I've argued with people on Veeky Forums that didn't understand that higher elevation meant less air, i just had to say it because of my autism.

Can you or are you willing to turn your own wrenches? Those cars are generally reliable but like anything 40 years old there's gonna be issues that pop up. Being able to diagnose and repair problems yourself will help a lot. Having to get it towed to garage for every little thing is not only going to hurt your wallet, but also discourage you from owning it.

It happened to a friend of mine. He saw me playing with old cars all the time and liked driving them so he bought a '79 Town car. It was ok at first but when shit like the starter solenoid or coil crapping out popped up, he was unwilling to get his hands dirty and didnt want me to show him how to fix it. he ended up selling it and buying a Focus lol.

You'll become Italian.

>trash talking Gran Turismo

Not even him but you don't diss GT you faggot

>Yeah after you crank for a solid 17 seconds and have to set the choke.
Obviously never owned a carbed car.

Protip: EFI engines crank longer than carbed ones

>Obviously never owned a carbed car.
I own two in addition to a motorcycle.

Fuck demo derbies

Puffy

Couldn't agree more.

I dailied a 79 and it was the best choice, except my wallet cried every five minutes when I had to get gas. 425 v8, about 15 mpg

It probably is faster than that odyssey. For top speed, anyway. Not acceleration.

>Is there a reason you want an Eldorado, though?
It's a 2 door coupe that's 18 feet long and has an 8.2L engine.

Yes.
You go bankrupt after going to the gas station and die of starvation.

It's also FWD and very slow for an engine that size. Very slow.

I daily drive this. don't cry about MPG..

Every car that size will be "very slow". Of course a 70s landbarge won't accelerate as quickly as a GTR. Who actually gives a shit? It's wholly sufficient for public roads.

I would recommend buying a big-ass 70's gas guzzler, they're real fun to drive. But its going to be slow as hell and expensive to run and maintain when shit breaks, so make sure to get a car that redeems itself somehow. eg, its RWD or it has bitching styling (toronado or riviera)

However, if youre going to buy a classic, always make room in the budget for a reliable daily for when the classic breaks down, like a 90s corolla as a back up. Ive tried to DD run down old cars as my only car, its too hard especially if you have to go to work everyday.

For (you)

I am well aware of the advantages of multi-point injection over carbs. However, in this case the advice to retrofit to TBI is bad not only because of the $2k price but also this car is a classic and it would fuck up the resale value. Plus TBI engines will never run as well as multi-point injected units. That was my original point. You might as well keep the carb.

looks fun
treefiddy?

Well yeah, those things are fucking powerhouses. Mine had the 300 in it and those things just don't die.

Right I'm just saying why bother bragging about having 8 liters when it's completely moot. The car might be on the larger size but a jaguar is almost as big and is much faster with half the displacement

nigger my 2001 Škoda Octavia I 1.9TDi 81kw 235Nm 50 mpgs is fucking FASTER than that.

Protip: if you're buying a land-barge like that you don't care about going fast.

can anybody interpret this?

Are you blind or just retarded? If you don't care about going fast then don't brag on having 8 liters of gutless wonder. It just makes the car look bad.

Why not? It's literally the same shit as
>my television is 72" and does super ultra 8k turbo remix
>but you're watching the same shit as everyone else

If user wants an 8-liter 'murrikan torque boat, so be it.

>cheap AND practical
>legenary unbreakable 1.9 TURBO DIESEL INJECTiON

basically, this is a fucking HYPERCAR
and you are a fucking IDIOT

A Jaguar will exactly not be faster because it's going to be broken all the time. Also no European car ever got close to the size of these boats apart from Rolls Royces and the Benz 600 maybe.

Having that big engine sound is reason enough. Besides, if a 5k pound car with 1970s suspension WERE fast it would literally kill you.

>European """"full size"""" sedans are two feet shorter than an American coupe.

So a "gutless" 14 liter diesel truck putting out only 500hp looks bad?

It's nice cruising at idle and not redlining it in every gear to hit the speed limit.

I can tell you've never dunk the sweet torque nectar.

Your car that's 30 years newer is barely faster? That makes you look really bad bud.

>it has bitching styling (toronado or riviera)
>tfw had the opportunity to buy a first gen Toronado with the underrated-to-fuck Super Rocket and passed it up because I was a retard
Every day I hate myself.

Personally I can't really hear the difference between a 3.9L V8 and a 7L V8. Maybe it's in the volume, but I wouldn't want to be an obnoxious fuckwrinkle and drive around with a straight piped car anyway, especially not daily.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKZ5_IFI3YI
youtube.com/watch?v=LzhboQfaza4

I bet you have a fart can on your civic...