Pizza delivery thread...

Pizza delivery thread. I've seen a few threads before by people that deliver and they don't make bad money for how easy it is. I'm a broke college student and I need a better paying job. If anyone is here that has experience, would domino's or papa john's pay better for delivery?

Other urls found in this thread:

justthetips.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Work as a pizza delivery guy for sixth months or so, then work your way up into the taxi business.

I deliver pizzas right now though my van broke down completely (not the job's fault) so now I'm trying to save up enough money for a beater. I have about $1100 saved up and that's from my paychecks and tips from the past 3 weeks or so.

Did it for a year
All your coworkers will be degenerate drug addicts or alcoholics.
Good money, but surprisingly stressful.

>the same few impoverished, angry and hateful african americans scam calls often
>herp derp my pizza wuz wrong i want another fo free
'we've flagged your account for consistent complaints, therefore we literally triple check your food, there was nothing wrong with it.'
>yea well fucc u den lemme talk to ur boss bitch imma git u fired

then there's the favoritism 'cause the place is run by dudes in their mid 20's who hate everyone
All the chicks get whatever shift they want and you're stuck working 10+ hours
I applied as part time on weekends and my first week was 56 hours
If you're in a busy town, you'll get literally as much overtime as they can give you

Go with Papa Johns - their pizzas are more expensive and therefore they have less impoverished african american customers.

I just want to say, this doesn't go for every pizza place

Well, maybe the black people scamming for free food, but other than that, my job is pretty good.

My place had about 16 drivers and the average friday was around $6000 intake - they fucking refused to hire more people, it was awful.

Yeah, I work at a franchise but it's one of the lesser known ones. We get pretty hectic but everyone at my store works really well together (minus a few dumb fucks who everyone just kinda works around). Tonight was surprisingly slow, like we were dead from 9 to 10, then we picked up a little bit but we only had maybe 8 deliveries come through, then nothing after 11:30. We actually have a problem where we want and kind of need to hire new drivers but no one has applied for a driver position.

>then nothing after 11:30
My Domino's got slammed from 11:30 to close [12] every single day. At least twenty orders on a skeleton crew of three. Two drivers, one insider, then closing... Literally not getting home until ~2:30am

My papa johns is even worse [friends work there].

Damn, that would suck. We're only open till 11 on weekdays and usually there may be a dickhead or two who decide to order within 30 minutes of close, but sometimes we get lucky and no one does. We never really get slammed that late though, our biggest rush usually occurs around 5 through 7.

I fucking hate dindus. If they were our only customers I'd be homeless.

Anyway I'm a Pizza Hut driver. We're smaller than the other Papa John's and Domino's in our town but we do pretty decent. I'll let my JustTheTips app do the talking. Didn't start using this until September 2016 so I'm still building data. This money includes my 24 cents per mile that I get in cash every night, as well.

Fucking love the job, though. Learning more about my shitbox and it never fails me working five days a week. BTFOs any other job requiring similar experience.

We close at 10 on weekdays and 11 Friday and Saturday. We close earlier than the other pizza franchises which I think is nice. My town is pretty dead late at night so it would be torture to work late around here.

Reminds me of the last time I did new years at a pizza place. Deliveries only, regional manager was running the store, said we don't stop taking orders until they stop coming in.

I started at 5pm, delivered my last pizza at 5am. By the time we cleaned up the ungodly mess that was the store and headed home I probably didn't get to bed until 7.

One thing we've done a lot lately though it's not officially policy is ask for the item complained about back. I hate when that shit is obvious too but there isn't anything you can do about it.

>lady calls, obviously dindu, bunch of people in the background
>starts to place her order, wants two XL pizzas and some wings I believe
>I tell her the total
>she acts surprised and tells me to just make it one XL pizza
>IIRC it was just a pepperoni
>my general manager who is the hardest working and most competent person I know makes the pizza, pulls, and cuts it
>I take the delivery
>get stiffed of course
>get back to the store and answer the phone
>it's the same bitch claiming her pizza didn't have any pepperoni on it
>we were busy so I just took the remake and didn't make a fuss about it

That shit still pisses me off. It's not even about the money, I couldn't care less about getting stiffed or taking comped orders. I just fucking abhor people who have no integrity.

If I had to deliver to nigger infested areas I'd wear a plate carrier and helmet and carry an assault rifle and pistol with enough ammo to wipe out every person in a three block radius.

business as usual

I don't know how those customers can do that shit and think it's OK. It would weigh heavy on my conscience knowing I outright lied about my order and forced somebody to drive their own car to my place twice for no money. Here's what triggers me internally.

>pick up phone
>pickup or delivery?
>DUHLIVERY in that typical stuck up black woman voice

That kind of voice drives me nuts. I'm just glad they pay me by the mile or the money wouldn't be very good. At least when I drive to the non-tipper neighborhood I make decent money from the miles since it's pretty far away.

>deliver order to an address that every employee, even the inside people, hate
>I only carry fifteen bucks and they took every bit of it because they think it's fine to pay for a $24.xx order with two 20s
>leave with nothing of course
>get back, bitch is on the phone wanting me to bring her coins
>boss says "OK" hangs up, tells me we ain't giving her shit
>kek heartily

Yet they still order every other day

Couldn't you just set the phone to block their number?

>pick up phone
>pickup or delivery?
>DUHLIVERY in that typical stuck up black woman voice

at least your niggers listen

>Hello, domin-
>YALL GOT ANY DEALS IMMA NEED FO PEPPERONI AND ONE CHEESE

what car is that

Fiero with a bodykit.

When it comes to change, I'd rather pay for the difference than go through the trouble of giving them exact change. And god damn it, I know exactly what you mean about how they talk. One thing that irks me is when people call our calzones subs, or when they have to ask me about every single thing on the menu. I wish I had it in me to be rude to people.

Also, there's this one house I've come to hate. Only delivered to them two times, both orders paid with card, both orders around $130, with like 2 XL pizzas, 40 wings, and bread and shit, and both times I got stiffed.

thanks

I wish we had something like that. I don't think our area coach would allow it though since they are pretty frequent customers. On the positive side I did deliver one of our good frequent customer her 400th order. She ALWAYS tips five bucks. Fucking based.

We get those too I gotta stop them every time to get a phone number first. Most of the time they've ordered before so I don't know why the fuck they keep forgetting the procedure.

If they dropped phone ordering one day and made it online only I would be so happy. Unless of course it made us make less money.

I always just round up their total to the next dollar. 99% of the customers know I don't have coins so they're fine with it. The ones that do want coins are worth pissing off. I'm the lead driver for night shift anyway so it's not like they can do anything. lel

I hate huge orders. Maybe it's just my area but they're never worth the trouble no matter how much they order.

funfact a Domino's pizza with triple everything costs $154.

pic of Domino's garbage ass "Pulse" system

Holy fug

I don't even think they allow that on Pizza Hut computers. We had a guy ask for a Supreme with a Meat Lovers on top of that on one pizza and we had to refuse because it wouldn't cook through. Also had a stupid bitch order every meat we had then she called saying it was too greasy.

>ordered every meat then she called saying it was too greasy.

Wouldn't it be better for stores to just input black areas into the computer as outside the delivery area?

>not degreasing your pizza
dumb customer

So far I've been stiffed on 3 of the 5 big orders I've taken. 1 of them was to a doctor's office and the doctor who paid for it was supposedly out of town but called my store and told my boss that he would stop by and drop off a tip later in the week. I never saw it. The best tip I've ever gotten was a $35 tip on a $15 order. Also, one of the best things about online orders in my opinion is the ability to deny any responsibility for not having certain items on the receipt. Like when people bitch at me for not having brought a drink even though it was an online order and there wasn't a drink on the receipt, maybe your dumb ass should've made sure you had what you wanted before you placed your order.

There's a certain part of my town that is pretty dangerous and we just don't deliver there at all.

Also, any "secret menu" things you guys have? Something I like to do is take a pizza calzone with no pizza sauce, add chicken and bacon, and request for BBQ sauce to be put on instead.

uh

they do that

There's no secret menu but you can make weird requests like breadstick seasoning on your pizza, which is delicious

I expected Shingu to be in this thread lol

I remember when I delivered for dominoes. I only worked there for 6 days and had to quit because my main job told me my schedule was changing. It never fucking changed and I was out of a second job. Goddammit.

Then how do so many drivers get robbed?

Shit everything but the actual order taking system is all text based. I think it's some kind of Linux.

I wish we could but it does add up the miles for me and that's extra money. Our regional manager is also in charge of the map too so they wouldn't even allow it. Red zones exist but there are none in my store's range. Another store in town has one though.

Speaking of maps

>work for Marco's for like three weeks
>their delivery range is bigger than any of the big franchises, literally half the town (the other Marco's has the other half)
>they only give you one dollar per delivery
>$30 was my best day

YEAH NAH FUCK OFF

You know it bruh

>>they only give you one dollar per delivery
Yeah, no.

one, once, in a year and a quarter

it's absurdly fucking bad

Not every place does it and just because you block out certain areas doesn't mean you block out all the bad people in the city.

I didn't mean like a literal menu that's hidden, just weird things you like to do. We have flavored crusts at my place so you can request to get a certain seasoning all over the pizza. One thing I will never understand is people who request their pizza be extra well done. They're always black too, what the fuck. I'm just disappointed I've never gotten to see anything extremely weird or cool. I've had two guys offer me pot, and that's it.

They only gave us 89 cents per delivery, not miles.

How do places like that even get drivers?

At my store I make $1.25 per delivery, not per run. So a double is $2.50. Granted we charge a $3.00 delivery fee and I think most people think that all goes to the driver. I also get paid $6.00 on the road.

I never understood how to work dominoes retarded Ass computer programs.

Everytime I came back from a delivery I had to put myself back in as "available"

Plus it was confusing as to what pizzas got what boxes.

I literally folded boxes and waited until someone threw pizzas at me and told me to gtfo and deliver them.

I averaged about 25-40$ in tips working only 4 hour shifts. It was dope.
I got 1 dollar every delivery.
Got to keep ALL tips.

1. They hired just about fucking anybody
2. The money is stupid. Even if you get three niggers that don't tip, you'll have at least five white middle class that give you $4 or $5.

During a rush [aka 5pm to 9pm every day], we'd take up to four deliveries in one run. We get 89 cents *per*, there's nearly $4 right off the bat. Say you get a $5, a $4, a $2 and a stiff

Nearly $15 for 35~40 minutes of driving.

Is this something that can be done in a Miata?

Sure but unless you have a hard top, you'd have to put the topper on your trunk.

We stopped using toppers 'cause people kept calling the store to complain about our drivers being assholes kek

Yeah they were also the most expensive so orders weren't frequent enough to make up for it. Pizza was good though.

I didn't like our shit at first but it's pretty quick to use since it's all keyboard driven. Our computers are slow as fuck though.

Also I wish we had heater bags. If I gotta take a damn quintuple delivery I gotta go fast as fuck just to fight the temperature of the food.

>"Fast on your feet, not in your seat" the training videos say

If I followed that rule they'd be getting complaints.

There's a guy on this board that delivers in a Miata. Just don't try Pizza Hut. The Big Dinner Box would be pretty difficult to drive with.

Yeah there is a guy on this Mongolian cocoa farming board that delivers in his Miata

Wait, what do you mean by heater bags? You guys don't get the insulated bags?

Also, I feel like police give pizza guys a pass sometimes. I was on a delivery once going 10 over and didn't realize there was a state boy behind me but nothing ever happened.

Also

>that kinda intentional doriftuuuing around backstreets during shitty weather

We have insulated bags but they can only do so much of I have a huge ass run. Only good thing about Marco's was that they had the battery powered heater bags so there wasn't any pressure to keep the food hot.

I know Domino's has them. They also got those goofy Chevy Spark DXPs.

Never been pulled over yet but a few times cops flashed their lights at me and left me alone.

True, like I said earlier, we're a lesser known chain so the biggest run I've ever done was 5 orders. Granted a triple is usually pretty normal during a dinner rush on a weekend.

Here's a pic with a bag. They're kinda shit.

Yeah I've never done more than five and that's pretty rare anyway. Usually it's a triple or quad every now and then.

Yeah our bags are pretty much the same. The worst part is the old bags that never wanna stay closed and have no fucking retention so they're a bitch to put shit in. Also, how do you guys hand shit out? One item at a time? I usually reach my whole arm into the bag and try to get it all out in one piece.

>second day on the job at domino's
>walk in, get handed a 6 pizza delivery
>"user it's in a different city that we don't deliver too just take it"
>type gps it's 15 miles away start driving
>get to rich gated community guarded by security
>tell security guard I'm delivering pizza to xx house, let's me in
>100 million dollar mansions everywhere
>get to house, 3 story mansion 4 car garage winding loop driveway, multiple Cars in it.
>must be a party
>ring door bell Indian dude answers
>leads me to backyard it's filled with habeeb children, one guy is talking about all of his 7-11's he owns
>"your total is 79.63$ sir"
>pulls out 100$ bill "do you have change?"
I had 20$ in change but fuck this guy working as a full-time mechanic and having this job I need my tips.
>"no sir no change"
Fucking lied
>"ah just take it and keep the change.
>thank him atleast 4 times
>walk out to car start it and hit vtec out of there

I pull it out all at once after I get the money. Though one time I think in the summer I tried doing that and dropped a personal pan onto the ground. Completely forgot that was in the bag but the guy was cool about it and tipped me anyway. Called to have a new one made and cleaned up the mess.

Yeah we have a lot of torn up bags. holes ripped in the receipt pockets, bad velcro strips, and the lining on the inside tearing apart. Gotta keep using them though because Yum is jew as fuck.

>30 mile round trip

Shiiiit I might have lied too. I would be the maddest motherfucker if I had to drive back with nothing.

>oh it's New Years and we're not busy let's cut everyone down to the last four drivers
>oh whoops user we weren't supposed to cut Jacob in front of you
>don't worry user we'll have you out of here soon (said at 8)
>aw user but we're too busy because we don't have enough drivers for the New Years rush!
>finally leave
>it's 1:15
>I was supposed to get cut at 9:30

Anyway, I deliver for PJ's.
I can't complain except for tonight
Tips are nice, despite what anons say a trip to the impoverished neighborhoods is common.
Least I've made in a five hour shift is 30 dollars, most is around 70.
Most I've made on a double (9am-11pm) is 190 dollars
Oh, hey shingu

o shit waddup

I'm always jelly of those PJ bags. I might have to try them if I ever have to leave Pizza Hut for some reason. No plans yet though because they think I'm the best.

>have the oldest yet most reliable car

Also
>double orders
Our store has some real jerkoffs who like to take the most dumbass doubles (we're not allowed to dispatch more than two per company policy)
I.e. One side of the town to the other, so now all doubles require GM to check them out

The only reason they're so good is it's company policy to replace them fully every xx months, pretty sure 6-8.
I honestly enjoy it, tho mainly because I'm the resident fuckboy (manager wants the D) and I have obscene luck when it comes to tips

Man, that reminds me
>tfw in love in my manager

I've seen coworkers pull that shit. Though sometimes even the computer will suggest it for some reason. They only allow two too but if it's busy enough I tag out on two then tag back in for the others.

People who tag out on stupid runs like that don't know they lose money over time because of the extra time spent crossing town like that.

They never ever replace bags. We we lucky enough that they gave us more. The torn up ones are still being used.

>reach into bag to pull the order out
>hand goes between the layers of the bag through the torn seam instead of the bottom of the order

>"user it's in a different city that we don't deliver too just take it"

>30 mile round trip

Pretty good job if you don't mind putting hella miles on your car

The excuse was one of the guys just took the order and after he asked for his address he said he was in the next city over. Needless to say I wasn't that mad. I just wasted a whole lot if time going there and back because I didn't feel like working that day anyway

Speaking of out of range addresses

>pick up phone order, carryout
>it's a "black girl doesn't know what she wants and doesn't have a lot of money" episode
>HOW MUCH DIS for most of the call
>on the phone forever, finally over
>twenty minutes pass
>they call again, boss picks up
>wondering where their food is
>but they ordered carryout
>spend forever deciding if they want to pick it up or not, decide to pick it up
>thirty minutes pass
>they call again
>they went to one of the other PH's in town on accident
>tell us to deliver it
>ask for address
>out of range
>tell them to call the third PH they didn't involve yet with their order

I'm starting to think some basic education in fucking search engines would benefit this country quite a bit. Shit is mindblowing how stupid people are.

Do you guys have commercial insurance on your car when delivering pizzas? And if so, how much do you pay?
Insurance is the only thing putting off from delivering.

the stupider people are, the better i can live with just average intellect

lol no, you crash ur fucked

some places offer health insurance though

Fucking red guards man.
I got payed 2$ for that delivery though

You don't need commercial insurance. I didn't tell my insurance company what I was doing when I got off my main job I just had regular insurance.

I just have basic liability. Don't need more than that really.

Good point. I just hate that, while literally everyone has a fucking computer in their pocket they will STILL call my store and ask for the phone number for another store. Hell, some customers call for delivery and don't even know their own address.

>oh it's just off of ____ st

pls

I've had quite a few close calls with SUVs around here. I'm starting to wonder when one will finally take me out.

If you happen to crash on the job, they'll not cover anything. That's why you need to disclose your occupation.

what program is that?

justthetips.com/

Some user last September showed it to me. Tracks all your tips and hours. Pretty useful to track how much money I make.

Right I understand that. I wasn't going to get fucked with rates up my Ass so I kept quiet about it.

Don't tell the car insurance company you deliver pizza for a living

why don't melanin enriched gentlemen like to pay for things?

Yeah if they ever ask I just say.

>I'm the cook

They're trying to keep up with their Mercedes Benz lease or their rent to own donk wheels payments.

I didn't tell mine lol I only worked 25 hours a week at domino's I didn't think it was worth it to have my insurance jump.

>already pay 170$ a month for insurance

I'm at $157 a month and just paid the last month.

>tfw expecting it to get higher for no reason next month

Louisiana car insurance is fucking insane.

How in the hell do you pay that much on your Eg

My 1994 integra was 88$ a month
I only pay 170$ a month on my 15 civic because it's full coverage

It's both the EG and a 1994 Corolla. If it was only me and liability on the EG it's be 70 to 80 bucks. All that is for just liability and roadside assistance.

Insurance here is just naturally high all around even with a clean record like mine. I got my roommate on it too and he just got a car so I need to add his 2006 Camry to it. I'm just gonna split the bill with him then.

Decided to look this up.

>A new report from insure.com ranks Louisiana as the fourth-most expensive state to insure your car. The leaders are Michigan, Montana and New Jersey.

Basically everyone here loves lawsuits after a wreck and they usually favor the motorist so insurance companies jack up the prices here to make up for it.

I should move.

You guys still have option for triple toppings? Ours disappeared from the system a few weeks ago, along with fire wings and nobody told us. God I fucking hate Domino's corporate.

cause they don't wanna empower whitey

i havent worked there for about a year

Biggest problem I have driving for Domino's as an opening driver is my fucking second driver. They never do jack shit, I gotta come in prep a bunch of shit, fold all the boxes, oven, makeline, etc. while they jerk off and fold 20 boxes over the course of 3 hours. Managers never make them do anything. I don't even understand it either, I stand around I get so bored I end up cleaning something or whatever.

But on the flipside of that since I'm always actually doing shit all the AMs and GM let me do whatever the fuck I want. Come around off the clock, make myself a pizza, and just walk out.

oh and fuck any middle eastern drivers you work with they're all greedy bastards. can't blame them cause it's in their blood, but still fuck em.

Domino's. You probably can't get one without working there cause they're a hassle, but I like making quesadillas with a soft crust cut in half stuffed with whatever you want. Throw it in with two screens on top.

also well done wings with the sauce cooked into them.

What problems do you have with the Pulse system? I've never worked anywhere else but I've seen some dispatch screens for other stores while waiting in the lobby, and they're all text based you have to navigate with up and down arrow keys. At least all of our shit is touch screen. Only annoyance is cashing drivers out and having to verify the "tip too high" bullshit.

The same reason the tripfuck feels it's okay to lie to his insurance company and end up personally liable for whatever he hits.

Also, daily reminder that you're losing money if you account for the wear on your vehicles.

Yeah we have text based stuff at Pizza Hut. It's really not that bad if you use it long enough. Can navigate it pretty fast.

Our computers are slow as shit though. They'll lock up randomly and have to be reset. The startup time is abysmal, too. It needs a serious overhaul but Yum is jew as fuck.

>tfw i make my car's price in a month

constant lag and crashing

Shit anyone losing money at pizza delivery either has

>wrong car
>bad spending habits
>not learning to fix their own shit

My wallet is full right now because I'm too lazy to deposit. I got all my bills covered and I should have enough for car shit I want but not need. Maybe upgrade some PC parts, too.

I see a dude delivering for Papa John's in a Ford Excursion. Fucking crazy.

it would be better to work as a server at a restaurant. You dont spend gas and you still get tips.

if you go pizza drive try to find a place that will add your tip to the customers bill automatically, Ive seen papa johns do this.

Same. Always tell myself I need to bank more often and stop walking in with these 2-3k deposits

I have that bank that's in Wal-Mart so it's a pain to make a deposit. I should just sign up with Chase which is right down the road and allows deposits at the ATM but I'd miss out on my earlier payday. I get direct deposit a day before everyone else.

It's not lying if they don't Know. And they didn't know.
Doesn't matter I don't deliver pizza anymore anyway.

With pizza and my other job I was making nearly 3400$ a month. Im still not worried about car maintenance because I'm competant and not retarded. I Know exactly what to fix and how to fix it if whatever needs fixing ever breaks.

So glad I don't tip you brain dead monkeys

>Wouldn't it be better for stores to just input black areas into the computer as outside the delivery area?
As long as #blacklivesmatter doesn't find out you do that, you won't get money-seeking lawsuits for racial profiling.

Low quality bait, junior. Fuck off back to for your attention seeking bullshit. This is a good thread that doesn't need derailing just because your mommy won't give you attention.

>Also, I feel like police give pizza guys a pass sometimes.
They do here in seattle. DINDU and their constant unfairness complaints suck. Years ago in my seattle suburb city, police would stop by and do their paperwork at places that typically always had spare seats available. DINDU kept saying that made them uncomfortable and drove them out so police stopped sitting in the corner of some eatery in my suburb city.

Another thing, stores would give them complimentary free stuff. The DINDU kept complaining about how unfair it was for police to get stuff for free and not them and so the stores had to stop giving things away for free. Too many lawsuits.

you can expect tampering

>just got a text from my boss saying my 47 year old severely autistic co-worker got into an accident

I'm not sure why they let that nigga drive. He can barely function outside of his truck.

>called my boss a nigger one night after closing over driver miles
>she's Hawaiian