Okay Veeky Forums, I'm gonna be looking at trading in my car this year and was slightly interested in the veloster

Okay Veeky Forums, I'm gonna be looking at trading in my car this year and was slightly interested in the veloster.

I've always like the design of these cars and the msrp on the turbo variant isn't that bad.

Is it worth it or is it shit just like everything else made from hyundai?

>normies

It's shit.

This.

>is it shit just like everything else made from hyundai
when will this meme die

Awful awful awful trash.

The only good cars by Hyundai feature either the 3.8 V6 or the Tau V8

Well this is kinda true, but the Veloster is SHIT.

A day after the warranty expires.

Just like a Hyundai.

>itt: people who haven't thrashed an excel

What about it makes it shit? I have a $25k budget plus my car I have now for trade in value. Found a few 2014 turbo r-spec with 30k for $15k at a local dealer and was interested.

I just wanna stay away from toyota/ford. At that price range it's difficult.

just get an st.. im not even memeing

dude just buy a civic for 3k and mod it with the rest of the money.

So many better cars you can get for the price

Slow, boring, bad quality.
Get a new Mazda3 Sport.

Oh and hideous. Looks like a catfish.

The suspension is out of a Forte. Not the Koup, the regular Forte shitbox.

It is not tuned to deal with the vehicle's power causing wheel vibration and hop when you launch it -- the kind of shit that makes people laugh at you when you're tying to show off.

Massive torque steer because it's literally an economy car's drivetrain and chassis with a turbo slapped on it so the axle design is meant for a car with

>What about it makes it shit?
The chassis and engine.
The Veloster uses the chassis of the Hyundai Accent and the same engine, though the turbo version obviously uses a turbo version of the same engine.
build quality and reliability are atrocious as well.

Aside from Dodge, anything else I could look for? Last three vehicles I've owned were dodges and I'm looking to try something new. I've owned toyota/fords/dodges.

Are you stuck on having a turbo? What exactly are you looking for?

I really did want a turbo. Never had one before. I've owned a car with a supercharger but that's about it.

Just wanted to see what's out there. I was looking at mazda (and I do look at buying used anyway) and was unsure of pricing with their turbo variants. The msrp never seem to be close to new stock on what dealers have up here in the northeast.

Ay, catfish ain't bad. It's just an acquired taste

if you want something fun, go for something else. If you just want a car for the sole purpose of getting from A to B then yea go for it. I picked one up in 2015 and so far i have put about 20k miles on it. I enjoy driving on tight curvy roads but thats about it. Its not as shit as people make it out to be tho

The turbo model? Im actually finding difficulty finding a turbo one out here. Everyone has the base models but the Turbos are nonexistent.

I have a Charger right now for my DD and it's both fun and alright for a daily. Might just keep it for weekends and then dd a packaged out veloster without the turbo.

t. choi hyeung-do

i have to the turbo version, the base model was just incredibly boring. But yea man whatever works for you. I feel like a lot of people in the this thread dont have a lot of experience with driving one when I have spent the last year driving one around. honestly my biggest problem with the car is just too much plastic

Hyundai has really come along the last 5 years, but I will never own one due to the badge and the 30 years prior. With 25k I'd get a 16 grand touring Mazda3/6 for a DD, for my only car with 25k I'd get a FiST or FoST

what a great response to a question. not op but ty man

>misery loves company