/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

'Ourguy' Edition

Bell Silenced, Returning to Own World >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

First for best boss

I WILL MARRY THE DOLL AND MAKE LOVE WHILE WE KISS AND DESPERATELY HOLD HANDS TRYING TO ANCHOR OURSELVES IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD AMIDST THE PLEASURE OF ORGASM!

Fucking stop.

Kosm

AYY BREEDING

>Blood Gem Workshop Tool
>Rune Workshop Tool
I just realized.. If the Hunter's Dream is a dream, how did these two end up in the real Yharnam?

Find the old workshop

Reminder that Eileen is wet nurse

why wouldn't they give her a face? that is pretty strange

The transformed patients make me ashamed of being a hunter. They're scared shitless of you, I wonder if they're sentient sort of like the suspicious beggar.

Willem lived before Caryll, right?
And it's admitted he lost his mind before Caryll finished his rune workshop, right?
If Gherman lead the first generation of hunter (the workshop one), previous to the Byrgenwerth and the church one, why was the Caryll Workshop in the Old Workshop?

can a kind user give me a hand with REEEEEAAW?

pass: kos ringing by the fog

Amelia a qt

Alright, ringing in a minute

She does have a face though

Don't think about that too much
Just get out and kill a few beasts

Rancid beasts, every last one of us...

Delete this post immediately

WE

Thanks user, sorry I hung back a lot

Now to spread cauliflower juice

>Give augur of ebrietas a go
>600+ damage

wtf

The timeline is confusing but I believe Gehrman became the first hunter after Laurence and Willem split paths as there's no mention of hunters in the Fishy Ham only Burgertown and it makes sense since he needed the umbilical cord to beckon the moon.

No worries.

What is he holding?

>ALL EYES MOVE

WUZ

A ball

LORAN

>tfw willem turns you into a eyeball insect man but gives you a sweet ass ball so you can frolic in the gardens of byrgenwerth

He wasn't that much of a bad guy after all.

HOONTAS

Now this is deep ass LORE

can anyone give the lore of this game in a nutshell
also why can alien gods fuck humans

No user, Gehrman was the first hunter, and Ludwig and Laurence were the first hunters of the healing church.

Was Laurence a hunter?
Thought he was just a researcher.

Basically a couple of dudes uncover an ancient civilization who made contact with eldritch beings
Then they meet some aliens themselves or something, and find out you can use their blood for all kinds of cool shit
Willem is like "Laurence my dude you should watch out about that ayy blood," and Laurence was like "Oh I totally will pinky promise" but he had his fingers crossed behind his back when he made the pinky promise and then gave the blood to literally everyone and that's why shit's fucked

they don't fuck them, aliens can't breed, they need humans to do it
humans needs special body parts to activate the beckoning, the umbilical cord of another surrogate
as they're pretty old, you need three of them to complete one and meet the MP but Gehrman stole his cord from the Surrogate of Kos after killing them.

My boi laurence want spelunking in the depths to find anicent pthumerian scripts.

they were all hunters, even the researchers
the most powerful ones were the one able to go deep in chalice and improve their blood (by eating/drinking weird biological elements dissolved in incoagulable blood used for chalices (and surviving it))

Beyond all this is the motive of the aliens and greater beings themselves
Moon presence wants to kill mergo (probably), who is yharnam's baby (probably), and yharnam just wants her baby back (probably) but mensis is trying to summon the baby (probably)
There might be some timey wimey bullshit going on in the chalice dungeons too because yharnam is benevolent to you after you help save (or maybe kill, or maybe there isn't really a difference with great ones who knows) her baby, but when you meet her in the chalice dungeon she's hostile and still pregnant with it

But that's what I said. The Old Workshop was in Yharnam, not in Burger and Eyes, so they made the church, started experimenting blood, discovered you turn into a beast if you take too much and beckoned the moon to stop the scourge. Gehrman was trapped and now Moon Moon can beckon people to make new hunters. Don't forget Ludwig brought normal people to hunt in the streets and made hunters a common thing.

Playing through the game for the first time, I've got to admit:

My favorite thing about it is the fact that you can talk to so many Yharnam people and really see the whole place become a mess. I'd actually love for there to be more chatting in the game, given its refined nature.

Arianna didn't have a cord before being whispered by Oedon's dick.

the wet nurse cords says that Mensis wanted an audience with Mergo, so Mergo isn't probably the last surrogate breed by Yharnam but a great one

Umbilical cords are only needed to ascend a human or call a Great One, not for the impregnation itself, I think.
Arianna got Oedon'd because she's from Cainhurst and got Queen Yharnam's blood or something, besides hanging out in Oedon's chapel. She got the Child of Blood instead of Annalise.

>vampire queen gets cucked by town whore
lmao
Oedon is my favorite great one
Pic related, its Oedon

>can first try literally every single boss in the game without problems
>except OoK whom I still die to at least 15+ times

no idea what the fuck is wrong with me.

You didn't post any blank/blue pic. Oedon is formless, aka invisible.

Mergo is weid, just like the Orphan of Kosm. Items say that Great Ones always lose their child so the only way to create new Great Ones is to ascend. I suppose they died in the waking world but somehow still live on the Nightmare like Micolash, when we kill then there they die for good or just live on another plane we don't even know about.
I love eldrich stuff.

formless ≠ invisible

you mistook formless for intangible

Fuck's sake, how the fuck can I beat ludwig and the like on first try consistently, but can't even get orphan to phase 2 without using 10+ vials?

>Orphan phase 1
Dodge into his swings. Does your build have the arc to use Augur? If so, use that for backstabs. Then for phase 2 just dodge left forward like bsb

Water is formless and visible. The words have diffferent meanings.
Every square is a rectangle but not every rectangle is a square.
formless ≠ invisible

not him but you can backstab with augur?
I'll be glad to know how

Use Augur at his back. You can also parry with it.

It's an arc build but I don't have augur yet. Shouldn't be necessary to beat him, I just need to stop being a worthless shitter.

Oh well, just used 120 vials on failed attempts.
>tfw have to farm for the first time in ages

OF HOONTAZ

>Every square is a rectangle

BB is a shit game all they did was make an easier version of dark souls.

>Shouldn't be necessary to beat him
You can beat him at bl 4 using fists.

>American education

I know that, but I don't know how to be fast enough to parry after using augur

You seriously need more eyes

Should I go 50/25 or 25/50 which weapons are more FUN?

25 Str 50 Arc

>BB
>Easier than DaS

Eh.

Guys

I don't understand the ending, what the fuck is the dream and why does Gehrman wants to free you ? And why do you become a great one ? What's going on?

It depends, if you like big weapons stunning every enemy pick strength, if you like fast dodge attacks like a ninja pick skill, if you want to be a muscle wizard pick str/arc, if you want to transcend pick arc, if you like cutting yourself with your katana or shooting stuff pick bloodtinge.

when you kill a great one, you become a great one
once upon a time, archimbald, helped with his electrical weapons, killed kos and became mergo

Is it a good or bad ending ? Why does Gehrman wants you out ? For your own good ? Is the blood related stuff going on even happening in reality or in the dreams

Neutral end unless you ascended

Gehrman doesn't want you out.MP wants you out

You already accomplished what MP wants you to do for him

But Mergo is Caryll

Man this game really spikes in difficulty after six or seven bosses. After I killed Rom actually. They're kicking my ass everywhere in Hunter's Nightmare and Unseen Village. Should I try the Lecture Building?

New bloodborne player here anybody want to help me with the chamber of the seal chalice I'm level 53

Lecture building is nothing. What lies after Lecture building is slighting challenging

You guys need anything?

Lots of money and women would be great.

a hug

I need a GF

Upgrade material would be cool if you have some to spare

does anyone have a ng+++ or something character with gascoigne or cleric beast not yet killed? trying to get earliest BoM and grinding 40k is slow so maybe i can hang around in the background.

a comfy job and a gamergirl
tks famalam

Who the fuck is mergo?
I assume it's queen yharnam's child since she's outside of the boss arena

but why is it in the nightmare? and why does it die when we kill the nurse?

>comfy
>job
Does not compute.

>Can't rally on Abhorrent Beast
As if he wasn't annoying enough

DId you try getting the doll clothes and selling?

>tfw to intelligent to get tricked by gargoyles

Was funny shooting them off the cliff near the executioner garb

i haven't done anything in the game except kill eileen, doll clothes feel so far away

Can I read other player messenges if I do not have ps+ ?

You can get them right after defeating the blood starved beast.

nope

>RnB singer
>movie actor
>TV showman
>Youtuber
But there're plenty of them

>to intelligent

>but why is it in the nightmare?
Micolash and friends beckoned him and got all trapped in the Nightmare of Mensis.

>why does it die when we kill the nurse?
Mergo is a baby that needs to be taken care of.

I had a comfy job once. But I had to move away. Really miss it sometimes.

Just bought myself a bloodbornestation and I have a few questions.

Do shitty gems have any use? Like, combining them with better gems to raise there level even further. Or should I just sell them?

Also, what's the deal with chalices? I've killed the bloodsomething beast and seemed to have hit the dead end. And German has been bugging me about the chalice for quite a while. So I used one and I think cleared it as well, and got two more chalices in the process.

Should I keep doing those? Do I put them on the same altar or a different one? What do all the options do, when you create a new one?

W-what gem is that user