/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Switchhax SOON™ edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7, 11.1 via b& DSiWare, 11.2 system transfer - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop was DMCA'd, albeit on shaky grounds like logo infringement. Backup copies still run, or there's several alternatives.
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below: github.com/nedwill/soundhax
-Fasthax ARM11 exploit and bootrom dump announced at 33c3. youtu.be/8C5cn_Qj0G8
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

soundhax.com/
niceme.me
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/54ecbu/save_issue_fix/
wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/5h3so4/taihenkaku_beta_7_released/daxin8l/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not an argument

Kill all newfags who think page 10 is instant kill.

wts o3ds XL fully hacked, with 128gb memory. only $399.

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

Really dude?

>thread theme is about switch
>not coming out for months
>hacks not even talked discussed anywhere online
shit thread gg

Am I fucked

Kill all retards who think that when you create threads it matters. Several generals do it as soon as they hit 750.

>not having your switch hacked already

Why is this wiki's layout so fucked up? Like you need to scroll the fucking text to read it properly and the slider is all the way at the bottom.
Worst fucking design I've seen for years

There were at least 10 threads ahead of us for pruning, we weren't going anywhere.

As for guess they didn't respawn quick enough either then.

try using the correct robpin also get the fucking retard proof soundhax from here instead of github

>soundhax.com/

1) Before I accidentally fuck something up, QR installs via FBI are the same thing as downloading from freeshop, correct?

2) Is there a way to wirelessly transfer files from one n3ds to another, that isn't System Transfer? I know about ftpdb to go from n3dscomputer, but I'm looking to cut out the middleman and just go directly n3dsn3ds

3) I was interested in uploading a game (that I have the physical cart for) to 3dstitlekeyscom and the instructions say
>Get this file in Decrypt9 > Titlekey Options > Titlekey Decrypt
but there is more than one "Titlekey Decrypt" option. wat do

Truest autism.

t. op justification

Because of your autism, I will create threads as soon as we hit 750.

much obliged

Well that red screen happened when I was using soundhax

1. depends on what youre trying to install

2. no

3. whatever game you think you have that's worth going through all that trouble to dump it has more than likely been dumped by someone else who knows wtf theyre doing

Why not create 50?

then it's the otherapp, try downloading the correct one and renaming it to "otherapp.bin"

>3) I was interested in uploading a game (that I have the physical cart for) to 3dstitlekeyscom and the instructions say
>>Get this file in Decrypt9 > Titlekey Options > Titlekey Decrypt
>but there is more than one "Titlekey Decrypt" option. wat do
That's the wrong option anyway if you want to dump a physical game.
For dumping physical games, you have to use "Gamecart dumper options".
Also, you cannot get a ticket out of a gamecart. So, it's pointless anyway.

1) stuff from 3dstitlekeyscom

2) How about from n3dsphone? Any recommended ftp clients for a rooted phone?

So tickets can only be obtained from legit eshop purchases? That's so unfortunate

next OP should replace the github repo for soundhax with the new website

lol

>1) Before I accidentally fuck something up, QR installs via FBI are the same thing as downloading from freeshop, correct?
both install using the 3ds hardware but are different about how they go about it.

>2) Is there a way to wirelessly transfer files from one n3ds to another, that isn't System Transfer? I know about ftpdb to go from n3dscomputer, but I'm looking to cut out the middleman and just go directly n3dsn3ds
nope.
>3) I was interested in uploading a game (that I have the physical cart for) to 3dstitlekeyscom and the instructions say

physical carts do not have titlekeys.
what you upload to 3ds.titlekeys are not the games but the decrypted certificate that entitles you to a digital download of that game from the official store.
in order to help out 3ds.titlekeys in adding new games you have to buy them.
if you want to share a physical game or install it on your device you dump the cart and then install the dumped cia with fbi or pass it along to someone.

What game is it?
Ghost Commander is what I use.

I feel like it's the best place to ask,

Is there a way to trick amiibos readers with a phone or something ? There's no way I'm buying those crappy shits but since stuff is amiibo locked on some games even if irrelevant, I'd like to know if there's a way to bypass this.

tl;dr is there a way to use amiibos without amiibos ?

No, you retard.

>1) stuff from 3dstitlekeyscom
virtually no difference for you. both install the titlekey and get the file from nintendos servers.
>2) How about from n3dsphone? Any recommended ftp clients for a rooted phone?

ftp program for your phone is the easiest way.
theres also socketpunch for your phone so you can remote install .cia files with FBI.

MILF MILF MILF MILF

holy shit is that Finch?

technically yes. but the android nfc emitters are way too simple to actually do any of the neat things required to trick the n3ds.
yes american pie was literally my highschool life. a bunch of loosers trying to get laid(and failing)

F R E E
R
E
E

V I D Y A
I
D
Y
A

O N
N

P S 4
S

W H E N
H
E
N

Well, shit. Maybe using a 3DS to trick a 3DS would work ? I don't know shit.

You can get free vidya if you pay for PS+.

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

nope. the nfc chip in the 3ds is also way beyond simple.

theres a device out there that uses fake amiibos and strips the encryption from real amiibos but that thing alone is over 200bucks.

never ever

Well my 3ds is stuck atm (I can't even turn it off) so if I wait until the bateries run off and start from scrap I should be fine right?

So I'm really confused with ps2 homebrew. So I heard you can install ps2 isos via a USB thumb drive but then I hear you can't and you have to use winhip. I heard you can using a thumb drive but it's a really slow download. But anyways which is it?

new thread

>free
>have to pay for it

do you even listen to yourself when you speak?

Not an argument

niceme.me

Hold down the power button for 45 seconds

JUST

no
calle

Zelda leak when?

What is even the situation with the ps4 hacks right now? Sometimes it seems like a hack has appeared and then we get nothing

You can load PS2 games from a USB but it's not reccomended as compatibility sucks and PS2 uses a old USB interface so load times will be slow as shit.

You're better off loading games from a hard drive.

Nothing will ever come, but don't update your PS4.

It worked in 5. Thank you.

We've had kernel exploit on 1.76 since December 2015. It's nothing new.

NEO NEW THREAD

Well, I guess we'll have to wait.

I'm on 4.01 but I want to update because of patches to several decent RPGs that have come out recently. But I will probably wait it out and just suffer the shitty versions so I can get all the fucking vidya one day.

unknown

moralfags don't want to release and other people are afraid of being sued most likely

not like the ps4 is even worth owning yet besides dudebro online

Dev kits can play pirated games but retail units cannot because there's no way past the encryption. there may not be anything for PS4 for a long time.

>may not be anything for PS4 for a long time.
That's exactly what people were saying about the Vita hacks right up till Henkaku came out and kicked Sony's shit in, no one thought we would get a Vita CFW this year or even for the next few years.

I don't mean load. I just mean installing isos via thumb drive into the HDD.

Stop waiting for something that will never come. Modern hackers just dabble in console security reverse engineering so they can get scouted for employment in big tech companies OR they are anti-piracy moralfagsand who just want MUH kickass homebrew. Piracy is never coming so just update and enjoy your dudebrostation4

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

We don't have a Vita CFW yet.

It took almost 5 years for Vita to get a userland hack and even then it's still a "Beta". We have to launch the exploit manually every time you reboot your Vita, there a bugs still present like the save data problem, and we still don't have access to certain features.

Can I start downloading vidya with a 3ds 11.1 with access to homebrew through soundhax?
t. retarded noob

You know what I meant, faggot. Henkaku means we get to play our backup vidya. To most people, that is all we want a CFW to do.
The save data problem has been fixed (I think)

Yeah you have to rub your stomach and pat your head while balancing on one toe chanting "save me yifan" on the second blood moon.

Oh I'm not sure then. Maybe PS2 has a file manager homebrew application out there that will allow that.

It's fixed in a way, but it breaks for certain games apparently. I've not met it myself though.

The save data problem still isn't fixed, there's only a workaround which is to quit the game when you're done playing and don't put it in sleep mode for a long time while a game is running.

> there's only a workaround which is to quit the game when you're done playing and don't put it in sleep mode for a long time while a game is running
And reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/54ecbu/save_issue_fix/

Placebo, and has its own set of problems.

It's not a placebo and I've had no issues the past month and a bit of using it

I bought 20 ntag215s for around 8 bongdongs and wrote to them with my phone, it still cost but i just sold them on after i unlocked shit so meh.
zipnfc stronk!

What's the definitive way of detecting a malicious VPK?

Is it what this wololo link says?

wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/

Or what this ledditor says?

reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/5h3so4/taihenkaku_beta_7_released/daxin8l/

A9lh + Luma3ds on o3DS 11.2
Freeshop installed.

What do next?

I think if you convert it to a maidump, mai can detect them on the latest version

Unless you're getting it from somewhere really shady though, most normally have people already testing it

Play the fucking games, maybe?

get your VPKs from trusted sources and if a game asks for system permissions then it's most likely malicious.

Play Pokemon while jacking to yuri

How would it ask for those? Through the Vita XMB?

Doing it. But I want to know how far does the 3DS scene goes. Anything remarkable?

When you install VPKs through vitashell, it detects if the file tries to modify system specific functions and asks you to confirm.

Ah okay, so any time it does that it's a presumed malicious game?

So I don't need to do any of those dumb eboot.bin checks through a hex editor I guess.

I'm more autistic than both of you though, so if you try to I'll start creating them at 749.

What 128 gb sd card works with the n3ds?

Yeah games shouldn't be asking to overwrite your Vita files.

Also using VPKs to install games is way outdated. People use maidump folders now and you can convert VPKs to maidump folders too.

Yo I want to get started. I have the original 3DS, I think it's on the latest firmware tho. What can I do with it.

If it's original firmware, you're kinda fucked. Either hardmod or the dsiware games. Look up some guides.

If I do the System Format and not a System Transfer, will I lose the NNID forever?

Can the NNID be used in another 3DS?

Can the NNID be used in the same 3DS later?

I want to drain my 2ds battery as fast as humanly possible without access to wifi or games, is the camera app my best bet?

kek did you forget to turn wifi on

Just leave it on overnight max brightness?

Not an argument

Enjoy your lithium ion batterys' short lifespan

Can I get my first CFW with a 3ds 11.1 with access to homebrew through soundhax?
t. retard